Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Llab posted:

Whoa, what? How did I not think of that? That screams Kojima! Now I have to see this.

With Danaru's permission, here's a link to a video from my LP where I show exactly that.

https://youtu.be/MgZ68GXX-i8?t=767

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
That whole video is pretty great for "fun stupid stuff you can do in the game"

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

That whole video is pretty great for "fun stupid stuff you can do in the game"

That was kind of a guideline for that LP, "what kind of stupid stuff can I do at this part of the game?" Really, MGS LPs are great for showing off lots of stupid stuff. :allears:

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

Krysmphoenix posted:

Huh? What does that do? Can he not see white for some reason?

Kojima logic dictates that it is the equivalent of a beekeeper suit...

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Tonight was a night where a lot of mistakes happened, just an FYI. Also every mistake was recorded, so look forward to it I guess.

Danaru fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Oct 15, 2015

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
So that's your breaking point, huh. Good to know, I guess?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I didn't know there was a Sonic Adventure 3!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's called Sonic 06.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
There was a lot of booze involved beforehand, and I jokingly said we should LP Sonic Spinball

Then suddenly we were four episodes into SA1 and I'm like wait when did I buy this :saddowns: I don't even know what to do with these yet.

I actually genuinely enjoyed playing it I'm scared

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Danaru posted:

There was a lot of booze involved beforehand, and I jokingly said we should LP Sonic Spinball

Then suddenly we were four episodes into SA1 and I'm like wait when did I buy this :saddowns: I don't even know what to do with these yet.

I actually genuinely enjoyed playing it I'm scared

You obviously need to LP SA1. Having only the sequel on your channel is very unprofessional.

Your fans demand it! :)

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I loved the past Sanic LPs from you guys. Plus you're totally better than appuel in my heart. I've been a fan of you guys since Jungle Dance Strike, you're like Krillian status to me!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
You two are the Launches of my heart.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

hey, what's wrong with Sonic Spinball :colbert:

chibi
Feb 11, 2004

It's obvious why Snake jumped in the hole there. Snake brain is a simple checklist of, "If problem then dunk". When he determined bees are undunkable the only solution was to dunk himself out of the situation.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Solid 3 Episode 6 - Doctor Bees

We meet a bee man, Ocelot makes an rear end of himself, Volgin reminds us of why we hate him being on screen, then Sokolov pisses himself. Also the Boss breaks a gun. Everything you need for a good episode.

If you want a preview of the next episode, I made a tutorial on how to infiltrate Graniny Gorky out of footage from episode 7.

:siren:Poll for the next session is up! No idea when it'll be though!:siren:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

If I had to guess about the nylons, as totally not knowing a goddamn thing about science, I know that nylons store up static electricity pretty drat well. So an overcharge from Volgin causes a bunch of runs?

Also, can someone spell out for me why he holds the bullets again? Do they factor into his powers?

Also, speaking of the tux, if you wear it in the first mission and call Boss, she chews you out as it's terrible for stealth, and Snake's all "don't care, I'm sexy."

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Choco1980 posted:

Also, can someone spell out for me why he holds the bullets again? Do they factor into his powers?
Yeah, he can fire them off using electrical bursts from his fingers. Don't ask how.
At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if MGS5 revealed that Volgin is Vamp's ancestor. They just play the same role so well and villainy is obviously hereditary.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

A quick glance at a metal gear wiki says apparently Volgin just has goddamn psychokinetic lightning powers. Which is almost TOO simple for this goddamn series.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I don't know if you've answered this earlier or not but will you be covering stuff like the original two Metal Gear games, Portable Ops and the Metal Gear Acid series in this thread as you did the GBC game or will you just be sticking to the mainline MGS games for the most part?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 16, 2015

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Larryb posted:

I don't know if you've answered this earlier or not but will you be covering stuff like the original two Metal Gear games, Portable Ops and the Metal Gear Acid series in this thread as you did the GBC game or will you just be sticking to the mainline MGS games for the most part?

At this point I'm planning on doing everything, either normally with Grace and I or by doing a hellstream Ghost Babel style.

I've been trying to set up a date to stream out the NES games but every time I get a chance, something comes up :froggonk: Hopefully November will be kinder to my schedule

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

At this point I'm planning on doing everything, either normally with Grace and I or by doing a hellstream Ghost Babel style.

I've been trying to set up a date to stream out the NES games but every time I get a chance, something comes up :froggonk: Hopefully November will be kinder to my schedule

Hellstreams for all NES games please.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I'll do my best to be in the stream again. Still narcotized if that helps.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I suspect the reason the HD version slows down on some specific graphical effects is because no console since the PS2 has had a pixel fillrate even close to that of the Graphics Synthesizer, at the cost of fancy effects taking a ton of passes to render. This makes the PS2 a monster in specific rendering circumstances, which I guess is what these particle effects used, and they may have not been rewritten enough to take full advantage of the PS3's hardware instead.

I have never worked on a PS2 so this is all just guesses, but it makes sense to me reading up on the specs.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 16, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I loving hate ants more than bees/hornets. But that is likely due to bias from the bullshit involved with literal streams of ants in the house a few years back.

Whatever the gently caress it is about this chunk of suburb is basically no ants for like, a decade, then loving ANTSPLOSION HOLY loving poo poo.

When I was a kid, the entire walkway in front of the door and a good chunk of drivway was covered entirely with ants, because a wide flow of ants from a neighbors yard had come over to fight the ants that lived in our lawn. poo poo was crazy.

I'm sure my feelings on hornets and bees would be much stronger if they got inside the house or had a loving bug war on our doorstep. With assorted bullshit "No stop this only happens in bad sitcoms why?" moments.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
Man The Boss really loves field stripping other peoples guns doesn't she.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Hrvstmn31 posted:

Man The Boss really loves field stripping other peoples guns doesn't she.
Big Boss inherited his gun fetish from her.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

to be fair, it's MUCH more effective than "throw your weapon on the ground"...

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

I need to use the bathroom!
On the subject of effectiveness, is it me or does the "Dunk" move seem like something that shouldn't incapacitate anyone? I suppose it might knock the wind out of someone but I fail to see how throwing someone to the ground will put them out of the fight.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Iron Chitlin posted:

On the subject of effectiveness, is it me or does the "Dunk" move seem like something that shouldn't incapacitate anyone? I suppose it might knock the wind out of someone but I fail to see how throwing someone to the ground will put them out of the fight.

They land head first. I'd wager the sudden impact to the head is what KOs dudes. Though in later games, CQC dunks aren't as effective and dudes will just get back up if all you did was dunk them.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Solid 3 Episode 7 - Naked Snake: Office Linebacker

You may notice that I forgot to drink on alerts in this episode. Don't worry, I end up making up for it in spades in the next couple episodes :gonk:

:siren:Next session won't be until after Grace goes back to the states, but voting is still available!:siren:

EDIT: Also if you're Canadian, get out and vote or I'll show up at your house with a croc hat on.

Danaru fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Oct 19, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
It's a shame The Fear is such an underwhelming boss, really. He's really cool and the whole jungle warfarce gimimck could have been utilized much better... Well, we'll kind of get it with The End, I guess.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It's a shame you didn't show the very easy way to fight The Fear. If you manage to stun him with a stun grenade, everything that hits him while he's stunned will do stamina damage. You can get him standing still and looking away from you with the fake death pill. Once he's looking away... :getin:

Here it is in motion.

mkwong98
Feb 8, 2013
I'm surprised that the dog is not food but spider is.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

ChaosArgate posted:

It's a shame you didn't show the very easy way to fight The Fear. If you manage to stun him with a stun grenade, everything that hits him while he's stunned will do stamina damage. You can get him standing still and looking away from you with the fake death pill. Once he's looking away... :getin:

Here it is in motion.

Holy poo poo this is amazing :stare:

It's been years but I'm still learning new things about this game I love it

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

You may notice that I forgot to drink on alerts in this episode. Don't worry, I end up making up for it in spades in the next couple episodes :gonk:

As punishment you should drink an entire Bud Light Lime, followed by an entire Bud Light Lime-A-Rita.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I have no idea what it is about you screaming about nerds that makes me laugh.

"Another success for the soviet space program!"

Good on you for drinking time with Granin :unsmith:

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
drat that's almost too harsh a punishment.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

As punishment you should drink an entire Bud Light Lime, followed by an entire Bud Light Lime-A-Rita.

You monster :argh:

I've come to the conclusion that I have way more videos than I actually need to cover the next bit, so I'm toying with the idea of bumping up the video release rate to one every two days instead of three, or just releasing normally and dropping a Side Op video whenever I feel like. Look forward to it/sorry

anilEhilated posted:

It's a shame The Fear is such an underwhelming boss, really. He's really cool and the whole jungle warfarce gimimck could have been utilized much better... Well, we'll kind of get it with The End, I guess.

You're definitely going to see some poo poo when we get to The End. I kept my word on my fists and feet only run. :colbert: gently caress sniper fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
What is with the Cobras and their goofy poses? Ocelot's one thing, but these are old rear end men. Nerds, the lot of them!