Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

dominoeffect posted:

What are some games that have an online goon presence? I sorted by cellphone category here and found some, though I also found some that weren't in that category. Wondering if there are any others? Plus if they have some sort of PvP

Uhh, which threads did you find? Hard to know which ones you might have missed if you don't tell us ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Uhh, which threads did you find? Hard to know which ones you might have missed if you don't tell us ;)

I found shop heroes and gems of war that weren't in the cellphone category.

dominoeffect fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 15, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Hey everyone that Shakira match 3 game you've always wanted is finally out.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

mrkillboy posted:

Hey everyone that Shakira match 3 game you've always wanted is finally out.

Shut the thread down folks, we've reached Android gaming nirvana.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
That was one of the least informative videos of game play I've seen on Google Play. Why is it so short?

I enjoy the irony of Rovio. Guy makes Angry Birds because he thinks other games suck. Company makes a ton of money, and starts churning out clones of other games.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Does Shakira comment on your underperformance and calls you names like Jason Statham does in his sniper game? Asking for a friend.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Episode one of Telltale's Minecraft: Story Mode is out.

Paladinus posted:

Does Shakira comment on your underperformance and calls you names like Jason Statham does in his sniper game? Asking for a friend.

Your matches are small and humble.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Paladinus posted:

There's a Jason Statham sniper game??

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

stickyfngrdboy posted:

There's a Jason Statham sniper game??

Sniper X with Jason Statham

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Luckily not available in my country, whew.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mrkillboy posted:

Your matches are small and humble.

I appreciate this :golfclap:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

mrkillboy posted:

Episode one of Telltale's Minecraft: Story Mode is out.

Huh.... why?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Sonic Dash sequel Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom is also out today.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Paladinus posted:

La Tortura just plays on loop in the background the whole time.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Anyone playing Subterfuge? Just came out today, and its apparently made by some of the 2D Boy guys (World of Goo, etc). It's basically a modern reworking of old browser game Neptune's Pride, which itself seems heavily based on nerd classic friendship-ruining board game Diplomacy.

Basically players are a twitchy naval power, and completely surrounded by enemies. The game plays over a week or so in real time, with it taking hours for ships to reach destinations.

Combat is super costly, as your drillers are both your combat unit and your economy, so your best option is to talk to your neighbors and try to prevent war while still getting your way.

I haven't started a game yet, but it seems like a thing I'd enjoy until I get my rear end beat too many times.

Trinexx
Aug 31, 2007

Ask me about time-shares at scenic Turtle Rock!

Go RV! posted:

Anyone playing Subterfuge? Just came out today, and its apparently made by some of the 2D Boy guys (World of Goo, etc). It's basically a modern reworking of old browser game Neptune's Pride, which itself seems heavily based on nerd classic friendship-ruining board game Diplomacy.

Basically players are a twitchy naval power, and completely surrounded by enemies. The game plays over a week or so in real time, with it taking hours for ships to reach destinations.

Combat is super costly, as your drillers are both your combat unit and your economy, so your best option is to talk to your neighbors and try to prevent war while still getting your way.

I haven't started a game yet, but it seems like a thing I'd enjoy until I get my rear end beat too many times.

I've played a couple of rounds of Subterfuge as an Android beta tester and I've had a lot of fun with the couple of games I've played. The game plays very similar to Neptune's Pride for those who may be familiar with that to reiterate above since its the only comparison I can think of.

The game is mostly free to play with a 10bux in app purchase to unlocking a lot of quality of life abilites: to create private games, play in ranked games, play multiple games, keep private notes about a player and arguably most important, schedule unlimited actions in the future. The game utilizes a time dial that you can turn that will predict what will happen based on the information you currently have on the screen and make a move X hours in advance. Default I think you can schedule 4 moves.

The game also has a puzzle based tutorial system that you need to complete the beginner ones in order to get access to the online game with a LvL 1 clearance.

The Android version was still fairly new (publicly available 3 weeks ago) and they were still doing a lot of bug fixing. It's been playing mostly fine on my Nexus 6 with a a few hiccups here and there but there it may be worse for others.

Later today I plan to be getting the 10bux upgrade and I'll be able to host a private game for whoever might be interested in playing a game with people here.

Trinexx fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 15, 2015

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Trinexx posted:

Later today I plan to be getting the 10bux upgrade and I'll be able to host a private game for people here who might be interested in playing a game with people here.

Count me in when you do. Screen name: ModeSix

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Subterfuge looks like a really cool game that I will be completely terrible at.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Trinexx posted:

Later today I plan to be getting the 10bux upgrade and I'll be able to host a private game for people here who might be interested in playing a game with people here.

Count me in as well, username: fsbkgb

Trinexx
Aug 31, 2007

Okay Everyone:

Here is the link to an 8 player, casual, private game of Subterfuge: Goon Game Link

Since this game is cross platform I'll probably be cross-posting this with the iOS thread since they have some activity too.

Let me know if there are any issues in joining.

Trinexx fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 15, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Cloud Chasers is a new game from the developers of First Strike that combines a survival roguelike with CYOA bits and arcadey flying sequences around a dystopian immigration story. It looks fairly interesting.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 16, 2015

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Trinexx posted:

Okay Everyone:

Here is the link to an 8 player, casual, private game of Subterfuge: Goon Game Link

Since this game is cross platform I'll probably be cross-posting this with the iOS thread since they have some activity too.

Let me know if there are any issues in joining.

Boo, I've already joined a pubbie game and feel bad quitting. :(

Trinexx
Aug 31, 2007

Well we still need two more to fill our game up. If anyone still wants to try out a game its a good time.

(^^ or wants to bail if their other game hasn't started yet)

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Subterfuge looks like a really cool game that I will be completely terrible at.

Joined a goon game so I can get schooled

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
Asked this in the iOS thread but maybe android will have what I'm looking for (have android phone and iPad). I'm looking for a first person dungeon crawler that has random loot a la diablo or even just one that plays like a rogue like as well. I tried legend of gridlock and while fun seemed pretty basic, and I like the Etrian Odyssey games I just want to find something similar with random loot as opposed to static.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mrkillboy posted:

Cloud Chasers is a new game from the developers of First Strike that combines a survival roguelike with CYOA bits and arcadey flying sequences around a dystopian immigration story. It looks fairly interesting.

If anyone drops the cash for this, please post your thoughts. This looks really interesting, I'd love to see how it turns out, but I don't have $4 in Google Fun Bux right now.

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011
Man I feel really dumb but I can't even figure out all the tutorials for subterfuge. I don't really want to shell out $10 until I fully understand the game, Anyone got tips?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Zander13 posted:

Man I feel really dumb but I can't even figure out all the tutorials for subterfuge. I don't really want to shell out $10 until I fully understand the game, Anyone got tips?

Do you mean the extended ones, after you complete the basics and get your "you're on to play the game now" award? Cause some of those are pretty challenging.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Zander13 posted:

I found the tutorials pretty obtuse and confusing. I'm playing a couple games right now and it seems a lot more straightforward than the tutorials would have you believe.

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011
So I am just going to ignore the rest since Im having difficulty understanding what to do and just jumped in. Do we want to start like a google doc for screen names for games?

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Zander13 posted:

So I am just going to ignore the rest since Im having difficulty understanding what to do and just jumped in. Do we want to start like a google doc for screen names for games?

Might be better to start a google doc for game links so people can join the private games.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

New private Subterfuge game up for anyone that missed the boat on the first one.

http://subterfuge-game.com/play.php?3703-906a2bf125d1c87f78f3980748de9a6c

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 16, 2015

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

ModeSix posted:

New private Subterfuge game up for anyone that missed the boat on the first one.

Can you throw me an invite in game? Everytime I try to join through the link my game just goes black.

SN: Tidus

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

EllEssDee posted:

Asked this in the iOS thread but maybe android will have what I'm looking for (have android phone and iPad). I'm looking for a first person dungeon crawler that has random loot a la diablo or even just one that plays like a rogue like as well. I tried legend of gridlock and while fun seemed pretty basic, and I like the Etrian Odyssey games I just want to find something similar with random loot as opposed to static.

There's Delver, which I think is Goonmade (tm).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.interrupt.dungeoneer

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Zander13 posted:

Can you throw me an invite in game? Everytime I try to join through the link my game just goes black.

SN: Tidus

Same thing happened to me when I tried to join. Force close the Subterfuge app and click the link again. For whatever reason if the app was open when clicking the link it doesn't open properly. I got in as rotaryfun.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

ModeSix posted:

Only need one more for our game to start. Be terrible with the rest of us!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Sproggiwood question. Is the ending the same for Savage difficulty as for Normal?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

delfin posted:

Sproggiwood question. Is the ending the same for Savage difficulty as for Normal?

Yeah, only real visible difference other than gameplay is you get ruby stars instead of gold ones on the map. Storyline is unchanged.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Sproggiwood $14.12 in Australia.

But because its Google Play I still pay a foreign exchange surcharge on my credit card. What a scam. gently caress you Google.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

ModeSix posted:

Still need one more for this.