Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The devoid cards and their collectors numbers throws everyone off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I TOLD you this deck was the tits!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Count Bleck posted:

I TOLD you this deck was the tits!

Esper?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Jesus the poor bastard has to play MTGO? That's cruel enough, but for those twitch viewers to mock him as well is just too much.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Aristocrats.

I'm a bit late to the party. :v:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hellsau posted:

Jesus the poor bastard has to play MTGO? That's cruel enough, but for those twitch viewers to mock him as well is just too much.

Theoretically he can do everything with just the mouse. Its just loving terrible.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Got a thing in the mail today...

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Nice!

PSA don't use twitch just use youtube. It streams everywhere, doesn't use flash, you can scrub back easily, and the image quality might be a little higher I'm not sure.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Everyone wants to see the U/B Aristocrats deck but we only saw it in passing so nobody knows what the deck does other than a few counters.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Angry Grimace posted:

Everyone wants to see the U/B Aristocrats deck but we only saw it in passing so nobody knows what the deck does other than a few counters.

I got really excited when it was mentioned that Calcano untapped with Nantuko Husk, cast Whirler Rogue, made husk unblockable and then sacrificed everything to the husk and swung for lethal.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Nice!

PSA don't use twitch just use youtube. It streams everywhere, doesn't use flash, you can scrub back easily, and the image quality might be a little higher I'm not sure.

Or use livestreamer if you're a cool command line cat.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
That last game was insane.

Reid Duke is good at Magic. Figuring out the win in turns did not look easy.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Pussy Snorkel posted:

Got a thing in the mail today...

So how big is that thing?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Do you need to go 4-4 or 5-3 to make Day 2 in a Pro Tour. Wizards makes it hard to find this information.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Bugsy posted:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Bugsy posted:

Its a 7/7

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

GoutPatrol posted:

Do you need to go 4-4 or 5-3 to make Day 2 in a Pro Tour. Wizards makes it hard to find this information.

4-4

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Bugsy posted:

Converted mana cost is 8 man, says right there on the card.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Yeah this UB Sacrifice deck is sweet

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Calcano dealing 12 by pulling Lili to bring back Cutthroat, swinging, and sacking everything to Husk. Ewwwwww...

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

AlternateNu posted:

Calcano dealing 12 by pulling Lili to bring back Cutthroat, swinging, and sacking everything to Husk. Ewwwwww...

And bringing back Bloodsoaked Champion at instant speed to sac to Husk. Lili's zombie is another sacrifice, too.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
It's sad we don't get cards like Nantuko Husk anymore. It really shows it comes from another era of design.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Markovnikov posted:

It's sad we don't get cards like Nantuko Husk anymore. It really shows it comes from another era of design.
Yes, the era of cool things

No Friend of Gravity
Feb 24, 2006

Markovnikov posted:

It was reprinted in Standard at common, what more do you want?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

No Friend of Gravity posted:

It was reprinted in Standard at common, what more do you want?

For them to not turn around a year and a half later and go "yeah Nantuko Husk was probably a mistake to reprint"

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

TheKingofSprings posted:

For them to not turn around a year and a half later and go "yeah Nantuko Husk was probably a mistake to reprint"

How many Jaces did you get with your time machine?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Angry Grimace posted:

He won't give me the list, even after I told him I'm playing it in a tournament that's giving out free hotdogs and hamburgers. I want to be the BBQ Champion.

He did give me advice on what to order on my burger though. (Bacon, cheese, onions, lettuce, ketchup.)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
What round was this in?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

TheKingofSprings posted:

If they haven't apologized for Siege Rhino then Nantuko Husk doing work in a highly synergy-focused deck is not that hosed up.

There are like 5 different creatures with the same rules text of sac a guy get +2/+2 and Nantuko Husk is the first one to do work in constructed, like, ever. If this is enough to make them call it a mistake then they would have to call "draw a card" or "flying" or "deals 2 damage" abject failures.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Count Bleck posted:

Aristocrats.

I'm a bit late to the party. :v:

Are you the one who posted the GB list? I just happened to have all the non-Lili cards that cost anything (in Russian nonetheless) so I threw it together. I might actually play standard for the 3rd time in my life some time this year. I just need a few random Russian C/Us plus the Lilis to have a 100% Russian standard deck because why is that not a thing that someone would have?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

Are you the one who posted the GB list? I just happened to have all the non-Lili cards that cost anything (in Russian nonetheless) so I threw it together. I might actually play standard for the 3rd time in my life some time this year. I just need a few random Russian C/Us plus the Lilis to have a 100% Russian standard deck because why is that not a thing that someone would have?

Probably one of the most fitting languages for a deck named the aristocrats too

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Nantuko Husk will not be the "mistake to print" of Origins.

That would be Hangarback Walker.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

If they haven't apologized for Siege Rhino then Nantuko Husk doing work in a highly synergy-focused deck is not that hosed up.

They didn't straight up apologize, but they did admit that siege rhino was created in response to a problem they'd already fixed.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Fuckin' lol. I bet every single land was a full art land too.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

suicidesteve posted:

Why yes!

Recently I've taken out a Caterpillar for a Cut in the sideboard. I also replaced two Carrier Thralls with Sultai Emissaries. They cost me a game today in the most unlikely way (died, manifested a Collected Company :barf:) Otherwise they did work, like manifesting Cutthroat after a board wipe.

Ramos posted:

It loving placed 7th? :barf::barf::barf:

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Went 4-0 at FNM tonight dropping only a single game with Atarka Red. I've been playing it for months but this new version that drops rabble masters and hordeling outbursts for Titan Strengths and Temur Battle Cry - it's on a whole other level.

Round 1 was against esper Dragons, I killed him on turn 4 both games.
Round 2 was against UW awaken control, he lasted to turn 5 one game. Good for him.
Round 3 was against Mardu Dragons, he cast Radiant Flames for 2 against Zurgo & Swiftspear - I was holding an Atarka's Command. Double Titan's Strength finished him off.
Round 4 was against Temur Midrange, and I narrowly lost game 2 to being 1 land short of both an Atarka's Command & Titan's Strength to finish him before he got me. Game 1 and 3 lasted to turn 4 & 5 respectively, to which my opponent credits my wisely Slashing his Turn 2 Rattleclaw both games.

I wasn't planning on playing standard this season but I already have this whole deck built and it plays 2 BFZ cards. It's already won me $30 in store credit so it can't be so bad.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Ramos posted:

Holy poo poo, I loved how the guy didn't even bother to double up his sideboard cards but just ran with seven.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Balon posted:

rabble masters

I thought this card rotated out.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

ThePeavstenator posted:

I thought this card rotated out.

It did, that's why the deck replaced them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Balon posted:

It did, that's why the deck replaced them!

Yeah but the gatherer page says that it's still standard legal

• Locked thread