Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

ETB posted:

I'm just waiting to get a duplicate 5* I already have in the discount pulls. I guess there could be worse things?

Treasure your 5* pulls, and be glad they are not 3*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So is getting Zantesuken in the relic-draw after the tutorial dungeon normal?

EDIT: More importantly, is there a way to play the game offline? My commute goes through areas with poor reception.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 17, 2015

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

SirPhoebos posted:

So is getting Zantesuken in the relic-draw after the tutorial dungeon normal?

EDIT: More importantly, is there a way to play the game offline? My commute goes through areas with poor reception.

Yeah, everybody who starts now seems to get one of three 5* weapons. That's a relatively recent change, though.

And no, sadly you need to play online. Pretty much everything you do goes through their servers, which is why it runs pretty badly in general.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

rujasu posted:

Yeah, this is a generally good strategy if the boss is slightly too hard for you and you're willing to burn mythril. It really blows if you use the mythril and then lose the fight though, so ehh. Also I get the HP card every loving time. I did not use mythril against Belias, just burned about 200 stamina instead.

Just in case anyone didn't know: If you're willing to spend more than 1 mythril, Phoenix Bonuses stack. :ssh:

Varance fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Oct 17, 2015

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I just got two of Edgar's weapons. I wish there was a to trade 5* gear for 5* gear. :(

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Varance posted:

Just in case anyone didn't know: If you're willing to spend more than 1 mythril, Phoenix Bonuses stack. :ssh:

If you really want to cheese it, using a mythril also preserves your SSB meter. I didn't feel like loving around with Belias and used a mythril so that sazh could boon and yshtola could SG from round one. At that point his attacks were doing like 400 damage and it was lol.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

ZiegeDame posted:

My Breakdowns were Rank 2 when I killed Belias. If you can muster a rank 3 or 4 Retaliate and a rank 5 double cut, you should be able to manage with a bit of luck. Rank 4 Tempo Flurry probably not required, but at least rank 3 would be a good plan. Bringing both Kirin and a well-honed Curaga is key for keeping up with all the damage, though. Also getting lucky enough to get Protectga up before his first attack.

I guess Kirin might have helped but it really felt like my healing still wouldn't be able to keep up unless I had everyone Hasted and Belias was slowed. The other thing that didn't help was that since I have zero FF12 weapons for retaliators to use (unless I used Tyro to retaliate and that wouldn't have been worth it), my damage wasn't fantastic. I think I was doing less than 6k per hit? And that was with level 65 Cloud. If I had survived long enough I think my second Advance would have run out before I could kill him.

Also I'm not sure I want to spend mythril on continue bonuses because 1. I have mostly lovely soul breaks 2. I have 14 mythril to my name now after my stupid pulls on this banner. I need some for Orbtoberfest and possibly this half-price 11-pull that I pray doesn't happen during this event

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Violet_Sky posted:

I just got two of Edgar's weapons. I wish there was a to trade 5* gear for 5* gear. :(

Nobody would want to trade your lovely spears :v:

PS is there any basis to the rumor of the half price bonus banners during orbfest or is it pure speculation?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Speculation, we don't know if the banners were mock ups or leaked real deal.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Or if they would even come during that time, since banners have been translated months in advance usually

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

RagnarokAngel posted:

Speculation, we don't know if the banners were mock ups or leaked real deal.

Those banners are on DeNA's own website, so they are real.

MotU posted:

Or if they would even come during that time, since banners have been translated months in advance usually

These banners aren't just translated, they have their own unique number ID, and the wording on them was changed from day to phase. The only event that has phases after this orb fest is the aniversary event which is way to far out, and they wouldn't likely change the wording from day to phase for the aniversary anyways. Furthermore this orb fest had no special banners tied to it, but banners are how Dena makes their money.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

We know the banners exist, we know they're official, and we know they use wording that past Soul Breakfasts have used. Past that it's educated guesses and speculation.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The last two classic/elite stages of FF6 are such a gift after the two FF4 stages they threw at us this week. That painting literally did not get 1 attack off in both classic and elite because of the 5 attack pattern, and Holy Dragon is just a mitigation + slugfest with nothing tricky or complicated. Elite Cultist's Tower trash is the hardest part of that stage.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I really wish there was a way to get that chill rear end chocobo song from the options screen to play over all the menus.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Yeah the FFVI Blackjack/Airship theme has become insanely grating after hearing it for 8 months. Is it still there in JP?

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Oct 17, 2015

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Fenris13 posted:

Those banners are on DeNA's own website, so they are real.

These banners aren't just translated, they have their own unique number ID, and the wording on them was changed from day to phase. The only event that has phases after this orb fest is the aniversary event which is way to far out, and they wouldn't likely change the wording from day to phase for the aniversary anyways. Furthermore this orb fest had no special banners tied to it, but banners are how Dena makes their money.

The banners could be for Christmas though.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

cirus posted:

The banners could be for Christmas though.

What event that has phases is gonna happen at Christmas?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Hanukkah.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Is there a good short hand to tell if a weapon with a synergy bonus outweighs a superior weapon that does not have that bonus? I'm around the 60 to 70 difficulty stuff and am starting to see a real difference in using synergy bonuses but what's an easy way to compare what would be better?

I really like This Site for that. You just choose a realm and it gives updated stats for every piece of equipment for that realm.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Are we expecting anything to be released tonight? Orbfest? Terra bonus fights?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Klungar posted:

Are we expecting anything to be released tonight? Orbfest? Terra bonus fights?

Terra bonus tonight. Orbs tomorrow night.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Terra's boss rush looks like a bit of a pig to squeeze in the necessary abilities; you need fire, water, ice, runic/carbuncle or, failing that, heavy magic mitigation.

Air Force > Deathgaze > Dream Stooges > Wrexsoul. Ideally you'll have a summoner with Leviathan/Carbuncle/Valefor or Maduin, as two of the bosses need AoE.

I'd say Runic is pretty much 100% needed for Stooges/Wrexsoul.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Beasteh posted:

Terra's boss rush looks like a bit of a pig to squeeze in the necessary abilities; you need fire, water, ice, runic/carbuncle or, failing that, heavy magic mitigation.

Air Force > Deathgaze > Dream Stooges > Wrexsoul. Ideally you'll have a summoner with Leviathan/Carbuncle/Valefor or Maduin, as two of the bosses need AoE.

I'd say Runic is pretty much 100% needed for Stooges/Wrexsoul.

I think Runic and heavy AoE is the way I'm going to go. Wish I had enough GSO to get Alexander or Valefor to level 3 but I'll manage somehow.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

I think the one boss I am worried about, oddly enough, is Air Force. I plan on going into this rush without any physical mitigation and he has a lot of aoe phys attacks. Anybody know how much hp the turrets have? If I can pop them down in a pair of Valefors and Quakes the fight shouldn't be that bad.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Beat the stoooges using a runic RW and Terra with Meteor and Golbez with Quake, among other abilities. Right after Runic dropped off Lightning got hit with Firaga for a bit over 3.2k damage and went from full health to alive with no visible health bar. :supaburn:

Just have to finish the Wrexsoul level now. I think I might just drop Zack and Lightning for Cloud and someone else, then run Blizzara Strike on Cloud + whomever, Blizzaga on Terra/Golbez, and Shellga (or Protectga due to runic RW)/Curaga on Y'shtola. Sucks I can't just cheese this jerk with vanish+xzone like in FF6 proper. :(

Boss rush I'm a bit torn on for setups. Bringing meteor+quake to help burn down the stooges seems like it could be a waste, since I should be able to just runic that fight in the rush and have the runic user proceed to spam meteors instead while the other uses Waterja on the guy weak to it.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

KnoxZone posted:

I think the one boss I am worried about, oddly enough, is Air Force. I plan on going into this rush without any physical mitigation and he has a lot of aoe phys attacks. Anybody know how much hp the turrets have? If I can pop them down in a pair of Valefors and Quakes the fight shouldn't be that bad.

According to the Reddit Enemy Stats and AI thread, the launcher and laser turret have as much HP as the main body, and if you kill them in a wonky order the fight gets harder. It might be better to try and ignore the extra parts and just focus on the body. Luckily the Dream Stooges have less HP in the rush than in the standard fights (~40,000 vs. ~64,700), but they could still be a slog without AoE. Also, Wrexsouls' little adds can hit pretty hard physically, so I'm seriously considering bringing something like Iai Strike to try and kill one quickly, but it's probably not worth it.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.
Speaking of Runic, I'm switching from Boon to Runic as my RW if anyone is interested. Friend ID 9x7F.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Just a heads up friend goons. :siren:Full Break becomes available to craft in the Cloud event (it is not a reward, must be crafted from scratch):siren:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Beasteh posted:

Just a heads up friend goons. :siren:Full Break becomes available to craft in the Cloud event (it is not a reward, must be crafted from scratch):siren:

And when does that start?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Klungar posted:

The 21st.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Klungar posted:

Next week.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Schwartzcough posted:

According to the Reddit Enemy Stats and AI thread, the launcher and laser turret have as much HP as the main body, and if you kill them in a wonky order the fight gets harder. It might be better to try and ignore the extra parts and just focus on the body. Luckily the Dream Stooges have less HP in the rush than in the standard fights (~40,000 vs. ~64,700), but they could still be a slog without AoE. Also, Wrexsouls' little adds can hit pretty hard physically, so I'm seriously considering bringing something like Iai Strike to try and kill one quickly, but it's probably not worth it.

If you kill Wrexsoul's adds then be prepared for Wrexsoul to start throwing out monstrous AoE attacks as he goes into hyper mode if they're taken out.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Charles Bukowski posted:

If you kill Wrexsoul's adds then be prepared for Wrexsoul to start throwing out monstrous AoE attacks as he goes into hyper mode if they're taken out.

He was suggesting to just kill 1 to reduce the number of physical attacks they will do. I am not going to worry about it, because I will have soul breaks available by that time so I can mitigate/heal through them.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
How dare you point out that I can't read. Yeah okay, that's not a terrible idea but I dunno if you'd have space for Iai strike or something like that. I'm not particularly looking forward to this boss rush, they're usually such slogs. More time fiddling with the drat menus.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Dena please make the event during Christmas. I already spent too much on videogames this month, and if the orbfest and characterrelicfest take place at the same time...

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Daraken posted:

Speaking of Runic, I'm switching from Boon to Runic as my RW if anyone is interested. Friend ID 9x7F.

Thanks for the mutual add! Let me know if you have a preference. Got White Whorl, Boon, SG, SS2...

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I also put up my Runic RW. ID is QfAd

E: really wish they would put in Celes' memory crystal so I didn't have to choose between using her and actually doing damage.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 17, 2015

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Jibo posted:

I also put up my Runic RW. ID is QfAd

E: really wish they would put in Celes' memory crystal so I didn't have to choose between using her and actually doing damage.

Seriously. I've been tempted to make Flare Strike for weeks now just for the novelty of using it with Runic.

Also, put up mine: 9qBd

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
This is probably common knowledge by now, but for those of you who are doing the ++ fight at the last minute, Ba'Gamon or whatever only seems to do his counter AOE Water attack when he's the last guy remaining. So just leave one dude at low HP while you burst him down with waterga/ja/retaliate. This is the first fight I've ever done with an all mage party (+ Sazh).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nickoten posted:

This is probably common knowledge by now, but for those of you who are doing the ++ fight at the last minute, Ba'Gamon or whatever only seems to do his counter AOE Water attack when he's the last guy remaining.

He can do it whenever. I've had him do it with all 4 guys still alive, it's just a % chance to fire.

• Locked thread