Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

imgay posted:

I see the correlations between ff14 and wildstar. Both are poo poo games that had to be relaunched

FF14 1.0 was so much worse than Wildstar ever was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
We've been over this.

All MMOs are poo poo and we are fools for playing them.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

The story of Wildstar as told by goons is an overall pretty amusing and interesting read

The Moon Monster posted:

I like XIV now but I don't think anything could be worse than XIV 1.0.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

The Moon Monster posted:

No debate here. WS is a burning pile of garbage, but gently caress me, FF14 1.0 was something to behold.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mayor McCheese posted:

No debate here. WS is a burning pile of garbage, but gently caress me, FF14 1.0 was something to behold.

Behold, a giant turd.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I played in the 1.0 beta for a bit. I quickly realized that doing any kind of serious leveling was out of the question (because the game was a pile of poo poo), but for some reason I decided I would make it my mission to unlock every aetheryte crystal. I dunno, maybe they were called something different at that point, but these were basically shortcuts you could teleport to from anywhere (with stupid limitations). I actually had some fun navigating my way through high level areas, and it almost seemed like mobs had been placed just so that it was barely possible to get by without aggroing most of them. So I accomplished my goal, and then I was like "Wow what a dumb waste of time" and didn't touch it until 2.0.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

1.0 Shroud.jpg, I thought 2.0 Sylphlands was bad until I saw pics of the original Shroud.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

did they fire all the old devs and make this good yet?

still the only mmo with jumping that felt as good as WoW, and that's basically the most important thing.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Two minimaps showing the exact same loving thing. Amazing.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Their character's name is Vom Nightkill.

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

I was one of the people who preordered this game due to how much I liked the ideas behind it. Home building, likeable characters, and skill-centric PVP.

The home building was buggy and required constant maintenance or things 'expired', per character. The characters shown off in the trailers were nowhere to be found and instead I had an obnoxious narrator shouting about cupcakes. And the pvp was a complete mess. You could never tell what was going on, the UI would keep popping up errors, and it was just spammy.

But I think what really turned me off on the game was the quests. It was just a bombardment of random 'go here kill x' or 'collect x', and it's like they felt they needed to obscure that fact by giving you like 9 of them at once.

I didn't even make it to the end-game people are talking about where there were attunements and 40 man raiding and junk, I think I quit at like level 25 feeling incredibly disappointed with my investment.

And it really sounds like the only thing that has significantly changed is the vanilla raiding aspects - which was a drop in the bucket of terrible things. I recommend people not play this game even though it's free now. It's not worth your time.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

It's Wildstar, the boxes probably cost him like five bucks total on Ebay or out of a video game store bargain bin.

Happy Fun Gamer posted:

I was one of the people who preordered this game due to how much I liked the ideas behind it. Home building, likeable characters, and skill-centric PVP.

The whole reason this game gets so much poo poo is that it should have been great. There was a solid core that could have surpassed WoW (For quality, not in terms of subscriber count, duh) if they hadn't somehow had the dumbest most myopic shitlordy management team ever.

Bad games are easily forgotten, Wildstar was a bad game that could have been really good though so it sticks more in people's minds. Also the fanboys for this game are the best.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Wheeee posted:

It's Wildstar, the boxes probably cost him like five bucks total on Ebay or out of a video game store bargain bin.

The whole reason this game gets so much poo poo is that it should have been great. There was a solid core that could have surpassed WoW (For quality, not in terms of subscriber count, duh) if they hadn't somehow had the dumbest most myopic shitlordy management team ever.

Bad games are easily forgotten, Wildstar was a bad game that could have been really good though so it sticks more in people's minds. Also the fanboys for this game are the best.

It really makes me sad that there are good ideas sprinkled amongst the poo poo, but they were buried by HARDCORE CUPCAKE GIT GUD bullshit.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
The home building wasn't buggy and yeah you had to pay some modicum of gold to renew your "plugs" (plots) that you put your minigames or resource-generating things on like once a week but none of the poo poo you placed expired. The gently caress are you talking about. I could log in and gently caress around inside my massive cupboard and skyway platforming place right now. Then I could click like four total times and use my garden and fail at the protostar training thing if I really wanted to. The housing was solid and some of the poo poo that people came up with was genuinely impressive.

The quests were just some quests and I have no idea the gently caress the story was about but yeah nothing wrong with the housing.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

kaxman posted:

The home building wasn't buggy and yeah you had to pay some modicum of gold to renew your "plugs" (plots) that you put your minigames or resource-generating things on like once a week but none of the poo poo you placed expired. The gently caress are you talking about. I could log in and gently caress around inside my massive cupboard and skyway platforming place right now. Then I could click like four total times and use my garden and fail at the protostar training thing if I really wanted to. The housing was solid and some of the poo poo that people came up with was genuinely impressive.

The quests were just some quests and I have no idea the gently caress the story was about but yeah nothing wrong with the housing.

The duping bug came from housing, specifically the gardening plots.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Anoia posted:

We've been over this.

All video games are poo poo and we are fools for playing them.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Got to level 30 via pvp only. Now the gear disparity really starts to shine. Thanks Wildstar for the 26ish hours of "fun" you provided.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

Got to level 30 via pvp only. Now the gear disparity really starts to shine. Thanks Wildstar for the 26ish hours of "fun" you provided.

Still waiting on screenshots of you trolling trade chat :colbert:

(I think it was you who did that)

Booya
Feb 17, 2012

Wheeee posted:

People feel this exact same way about almost every MMO that has ever been released. The only Wildstar that could have been really good is the Wildstar that existed in the minds of people who bought into everything all the marketing hype team said, same as every other MMO. Every single loving game that comes out now says that poo poo about skill based combat and some fantastic new quest system and player houses, and nothing about Wildstar pre release was really fundamentally different from other MMO hype aside from saying it was gonna be like vanilla WoW, which is something almost nobody actually wants.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

Yep, I hit 26 on my stalker and uninstalled.

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

Anoia posted:

good ideas sprinkled amongst the poo poo, but they were buried by HARDCORE CUPCAKE GIT GUD bullshit.
New thread title if the old one needs to be replaced.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Happy Fun Gamer posted:

The home building was buggy and required constant maintenance or things 'expired', per character. The characters shown off in the trailers were nowhere to be found and instead I had an obnoxious narrator shouting about cupcakes. And the pvp was a complete mess. You could never tell what was going on, the UI would keep popping up errors, and it was just spammy.

But I think what really turned me off on the game was the quests. It was just a bombardment of random 'go here kill x' or 'collect x', and it's like they felt they needed to obscure that fact by giving you like 9 of them at once.

I didn't even make it to the end-game people are talking about where there were attunements and 40 man raiding and junk, I think I quit at like level 25 feeling incredibly disappointed with my investment.

And it really sounds like the only thing that has significantly changed is the vanilla raiding aspects - which was a drop in the bucket of terrible things. I recommend people not play this game even though it's free now. It's not worth your time.

What the gently caress are you even talking about? Literally nothing you posted about housing is true. The only plugs you had to maintain was resource nodes and lol if you weren't making far more money from the nodes than their renew costs were. My house was in the exact same state it was when I left over a year ago, I had to pay like a few gold to turn my mining node back on.

Questing was standard MMO questing though which is kinda "Meh" when you compare it to say SWG's story quests.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Holyshoot posted:

Still waiting on screenshots of you trolling trade chat :colbert:

(I think it was you who did that)

Not gonna happen now since I uninstalled :p

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Booya posted:

People feel this exact same way about almost every MMO that has ever been released. The only Wildstar that could have been really good is the Wildstar that existed in the minds of people who bought into everything all the marketing hype team said, same as every other MMO. Every single loving game that comes out now says that poo poo about skill based combat and some fantastic new quest system and player houses, and nothing about Wildstar pre release was really fundamentally different from other MMO hype aside from saying it was gonna be like vanilla WoW, which is something almost nobody actually wants.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Anybody playing EU? Looking for a guild but the EU one has died

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

kirbysuperstar posted:

Two minimaps showing the exact same loving thing. Amazing.

Is he running the game on a toaster? Or does Wildstar have no shadows or anything to prevent the characters from appearing to hover.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Anoia posted:

The duping bug came from housing, specifically the gardening plots.

Yeah wow one of the resource-generating plugs had a bug for a while that let people literally farm lots of gold. That has approximately dick and poo poo to do with housing in general.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

kaxman posted:

Yeah wow one of the resource-generating plugs had a bug for a while that let people literally farm lots of gold. That has approximately dick and poo poo to do with housing in general.

Why are you so angry?

Have you considered smoking weed?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Anoia posted:

Why are you so angry?
Maybe he's been playing Wildstar.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I tried to play this on the main pve server again last night and while there was no queue any more it was still pretty laggy at times and then my cat walked across my keyboard and turned off the interface. I couldn't get it back on even after looking up the keybind online so I called it a night.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
the UI actually is the shittiest part of the game so you should thank your cat for helping you

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Martman posted:

Maybe he's been playing Wildstar.

Haven't actually felt the desire to try out the game again, strangely

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Besesoth posted:

I think 4:1 is optimistic. It's more like 9:1. This is one of the few games where the public community is overwhelmingly less toxic than the goon community.

lol

Besesoth posted:

I paid for it initially, and two months' sub beyond the included 30 days, and stopped only because I had to cut back on expenses. There are valid complaints, but goons are dogpiling on Wildstar because goons dogpile on stuff.

lol

lol

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Steven Universe avatars have replaced ponies for "oh boy here here we go" content, I see.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Anoia posted:

Steven Universe avatars have replaced ponies for "oh boy here here we go" content, I see.

I friggin love R. Sugar and I can't bring myself to watch it yet because the fanbase is insanely bad

I will one day tho. I hope it is good :)

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Tarranon posted:

I friggin love R. Sugar and I can't bring myself to watch it yet because the fanbase is insanely bad

I will one day tho. I hope it is good :)

I'd wait until the buzz inevitably dies down and people find some new children's show to obsess over. These things go in 2 year cycles, right?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Anoia posted:

I'd wait until the buzz inevitably dies down and people find some new children's show to obsess over. These things go in 2 year cycles, right?

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Because pedophiles are creepy weirdos that like kid poo poo so they can talk about said kid poo poo with kids.

• Locked thread