Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Let's do it ya'll! let's become great friends in a grand adventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

whalestory posted:

I would very much like to roam around with goons in ToS. We will adventure together! :hfive:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

whalestory posted:

I'd be down for some goonventures in TOS. I assume that the clan/guild system isn't up yet.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Yessssssssssssssss, let's do this

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

whalestory posted:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Baldbeard posted:

How did melee classes fair last beta? Most of the videos I see are of magic and ranged classes.
I was thinking of going Hoplight and trying to do a spear-knight kind of thing.

Hoplite is really good, every melee weapon's basic attack hits in an aoe so that gives them an advantage over ranged classes. Yes, melee classes include Clerics.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Can someone pm a mod and ask them to change the thread title to "Tree of Savior: Beta Apps Open Through the 19th! Everyone Gets In! Hype!"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:getin:

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

whalestory posted:

Hi whalestory!

Everyone vote for me for guild leader over gruntox, coup d'état!!!

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuck yeah gonna play some korean anime poo poo :sun:

I'll be the shadow dictator, dick tating how all hats are worn

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

The March Hare posted:

Hi whalestory!

Everyone vote for me for guild leader over gruntox, coup d'état!!!

The one with the best in-game hat wins.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Revolver Bunker posted:

The Hatocracy wins again!!!!
Its Tf2 all over!

Hat Baron Invictus for Guild Leader~!

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

I'm the ATGM

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame

Revolver Bunker posted:

a vote for luffles is a vote for :anarchy:

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

Pixelslol posted:

Ah I can finally get in on this, sweet. Will be away in Japan for half of it :/ do you think they block IP's from there because of the english only thing then? Would suck to miss playing it. Maybe a VPN would work.

quote:

However, our fans from the countries like Korea, Japan, China and the other countries where we have our local publishers will be excluded from the test. We seek for your kind understanding in advance.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Luffles posted:

ok buddy :sun:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Luffles posted:

vote 4 luffles

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

We're getting the gang back together in #treeofsavior on synIRC! Come join and help us decide what lovely kMMO to play while we wait for the 27th!

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Should consider doing a slack for this game.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Where can I go to sign up for this beta?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Baldbeard posted:

http://tosgoons.slack.com <-- chat here
https://tosgoons.herokuapp.com/ <-- sign up here

For ppl new to slack, use the desktop app it is great.

e; Forgot slack is closed by default, give me a few minutes to whip up an invite thing.

The March Hare fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 17, 2015

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Why the fuc*k would i use that cr*p

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

*to the tune of losing my religion*

thats me in the beta
that tree is the sav
ior

straight from south korea

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Potential Guild names: Tree of Grapesquad

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Grapesquads of Wrath

https://tosgoons.herokuapp.com/

^^^ SIGN UP FOR SLACK IT IS GOOD AND EASY ^^^

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Baldbeard posted:

discord, surely

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Me and Grunty believe in traditional family values. This means we dont support abortion, same-sex marriage, and non-irc communication platforms

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

The Groaning Tree

Baby Nanny
Jan 4, 2007
ftw m8.
Hello, its me, elgruntox. I will be going full sperglord on this game since I really like it and this will involve me spending way too much time creating an offsite wiki type site / forum for this dumb game. Thankfully I already have the authentication part of it created! If any of you have interest in joining the eventual guild (when guilds are actually supported) please do the needful and create an account here https://somethingauthful.com/ . This will allow you to login in via a sweet OAuth gateway I created that verifies you as a Goon. Neat!

If you have any q's feel free to stop by #treeofsavior on synirc. Click http://chat.mibbit.com/?server=EU.synirc.net%3A%2B7001&channel=%23treeofsavior to do just that!

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

whalestory posted:

Why the fuc*k would i use that cr*p

We started using Slack for Albion Online months ago, and almost everyone agrees its a huge improvement over IRC. The desktop and mobile apps are really good.
But if you guys are already active on IRC and doing offsite forums, then probably not worth a switch.

Baby Nanny
Jan 4, 2007
ftw m8.

Baldbeard posted:

We started using Slack for Albion Online months ago, and almost everyone agrees its a huge improvement over IRC. The desktop and mobile apps are really good.
But if you guys are already active on IRC and doing offsite forums, then probably not worth a switch.

It's cool to use whatever chat medium you want. About 30 of us are in the irc channel but theres always gonna be in game chat and other stuff anyways so it doesn't really matter what you idle in imo

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Baby Nanny posted:

It's cool to use whatever chat medium you want. About 30 of us are in the irc channel but theres always gonna be in game chat and other stuff anyways so it doesn't really matter what you idle in imo

Yeah but with that attitude you can't feel superior because of your choice and judge people for their choices.
:smuggo:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Baldbeard posted:

Yeah but with that attitude you can't feel superior because of your choice and judge people for their choices.
:smuggo:

Be like me and use both!

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Silento posted:

Be like me and use both!

Or just pipe slack into irc if you're that much of a terminal warrior.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

This slackbot thing looks super slick. No idea what I'm doing though.

Maus
Apr 15, 2010

VAC ban(s) on record.
The slack desktop app had a memory leak last time i used it so yeah I just connect w/ IRC. Maybe its fixed now. Discord's client is pretty good tho

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009
Offsite forum what for? Opsec?

Mumbles is definitely needed though but I guess we can mooch CTS again like we did last time.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

pertinent posted:

Offsite forum what for? Opsec?

Mumbles is definitely needed though but I guess we can mooch CTS again like we did last time.

kmmos are serious business

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

pertinent posted:

There a link to connect to mumble for said mooching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714380

• Locked thread