Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meis
Sep 2, 2011

starkebn posted:

Nothing wrong with sexy people, but when it comes to cosplay pics, if it's a choice between shots of people who have made awesome costumes and shots of a chick who is wearing a costume to accentuate their awesome rack or other sexually attractive body part, I'd rather just see the former in this thread.

People can show themselves off and I will mostly appreciate it, but I prefer to see the ratio of attention going to those who've done the best job rather than just those I'd like to date

what if its both at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Meis posted:

This can not happen. The laws of Physics do not allow it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
drat that's sweet.
Reminds me of that episode of Bob's Burgers where Bob & Louise are watching Hawk & Chick. Next thing I know I'm looking up pics of Bob's Burgers cosplay.

:3:

A wild Jimmy Pesto appears!

Got the hots for Jimmy Jr.

Some light reading.

Meta.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

This can not happen. The laws of Physics do not allow it.

oh yeah i forgot that it's physically impossible to be attractive and also skilled or passionate about your hobbies or anything other than brainless

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Meis posted:

No, see, if he finds a woman attractive, she's automatically an attention whore who just wants people to look at her body. Unlike the children he prefers to look at.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Meis posted:

oh yeah i forgot that it's physically impossible to be attractive and also skilled or passionate about your hobbies or anything other than brainless

I'm glad we cleared that up.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Are they cosplaying as a t-shirt?
https://www.threadless.com/product/751/the_madness_of_mission_6

Edit: Before anyone comes in to tell me, yes, I'm aware the t-shirt is a stylized depiction of Pac-Man, so yes, in effect their cosplaying Pac-Man, but it's clearly Pac-Man as done by that shirt.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

VendaGoat posted:

:agreed:

I thought Linda's "Spice Rack" was a more clever name.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

DrBouvenstein posted:

Are they cosplaying as a t-shirt?
https://www.threadless.com/product/751/the_madness_of_mission_6

Edit: Before anyone comes in to tell me, yes, I'm aware the t-shirt is a stylized depiction of Pac-Man, so yes, in effect their cosplaying Pac-Man, but it's clearly Pac-Man as done by that shirt.

For what it's worth I don't actually know where the image originates but it wasn't originally a shirt either. They are cosplaying someone's art though yeah.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I'm attracted to big booties and nice boobs on ladies dressed as zero suit samus or mia fey

:stonk: :stare: wwww--hhhat???? :dogstare: :barf: :alert:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Dongicus posted:

I'm attracted to big booties and nice boobs on ladies dressed as zero suit samus or mia fey

Thank for sharing, dongicus. Its very brave

Also the emote is siren not alert, hth

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Dongicus posted:

So now that the AUG thread was gassed, you're just wandering aimlessly looking for a new thread to poo poo in? Poor BYOB poster. :(

5er
Jun 1, 2000

This is so good.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

VendaGoat posted:

Made the Kessel Run in 12 Awwwwwwsecs. :3:

Missed an opportunity to use "paw-secs", 3/10.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

selfpost time.
I went as Dante to a bunch of cons this summer. It made the coat and the sword myself. second time sewing anything and first time making a prop.

Here I am at the first con in Saskatchewan. Didn't get the strap or the sword done in time so I went gently caress it.

Here's me at Anime North with the sword and it being a giant phallic symbol.

Here's me at nycc with me having a goofy look on my face along the super serious vergil cosplayer, who had a kick rear end costume. (also my underwear's showing, oops.)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Jamesman posted:

So now that the AUG thread was gassed, you're just wandering aimlessly looking for a new thread to poo poo in? Poor BYOB poster. :(

Most PYF threads are the same, so it doesn't really matter.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Dongicus posted:

You rang?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
How long have you waited for that line?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

hhhat posted:

You rang?

:golfclap:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Please post sexy and or cute men cosplays. I feel like I'm missing out.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

How long have you waited for that line?

tbqh by the fourth year I thought it would never happen

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Patattack posted:

Missed an opportunity to use "paw-secs", 3/10.

Almost forgot.

Hound-Sight is 20/20 :haw:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jamesman posted:

please do not call my friend dongicus a byob poster, that's cruel

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Yeah, plus I don't post in BYOB.

The rare Ace Attorney cosplay I like.

Meis posted:

Thank for sharing, dongicus. Its very brave

Also the emote is siren not alert, hth

Greetings Meis.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

hhhat posted:

You rang?

lol

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Dongicus posted:

Greetings Meis.

hi hows it going?

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

When brought up in this thread, that topic goes nowhere but down, and in burning flames.

Anyway, here's some cosplay of the leading man (Balthier, Final Fantasy XII)

:syoon:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

VendaGoat posted:

I have got to get into the Jimmy Jr cosplaying racket.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Spudd posted:

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

McPantserton posted:

So we've all seen Extreme Costumes' giant Hulkbuster that won NYCC but here is the 2nd place winner, my friend Peppermonster as Angela, Asgaard's assassin. I kinda just realized I actually competed against both of these guys at C2E2's crown championships over the last 2 years. She sewed/glued all the detail on those ribbons by hand, btw! Awesome work.

Holy poo poo. She managed a Jack Kirby visual look in the way that some costumes manage to look straight out of Borderlands or an Archer episode. That's really something.

quote:

OH
MY
GOD
:kimchi:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Spudd posted:

Here's some people cosplaying as cute men

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Mister Sinewave posted:

Holy poo poo. She managed a Jack Kirby visual look in the way that some costumes manage to look straight out of Borderlands or an Archer episode. That's really something.

Pretty impressive for a character created by todd mcfarlane, decades after Kirby died.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

DisposableHero posted:

For what it's worth I don't actually know where the image originates but it wasn't originally a shirt either. They are cosplaying someone's art though yeah.

Yes it was... Originates from Treadless.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

VendaGoat posted:

I'd love to see the close up detail. Any pics of that? loving awesome at this distance. The contrast and weathering shine through.

Few more from her build progress:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

McPantserton posted:

Few more from her build progress:

The battle damage is really amazing attention to detail.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Ferrule posted:

Pretty impressive for a character created by todd mcfarlane, decades after Kirby died.

No, not the character itself. You don't see a Kirby look to that costume's visual impact? :shrug:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I get where you're coming from, and it's completely appropriate considering how Angela has been rolled into Asgard's history. I'm impressed at how well the costume looks considering how poorly it's usually drawn which speaks volumes of her skill as a costumer and a designer. The ribbon work is really impeccable, too.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's some people cosplaying as cute men

This is my favourite image in this thread. I love this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I get where you're coming from, and it's completely appropriate considering how Angela has been rolled into Asgard's history. I'm impressed at how well the costume looks considering how poorly it's usually drawn which speaks volumes of her skill as a costumer and a designer. The ribbon work is really impeccable, too.

The ribbon is my favorite part. The whole thing is awesome but I have done that kind of super tedious poo poo before and I know what it's like. She kept all that geometric stuff REALLY even, considering how much of it there was.

That giant belt is goofy as poo poo no matter how good the cosplayer is though, haha.

Also, if we're doing cosplay dudes here is noted bishounen AmenoKitarou as Endymion from Sailor Moon (which tbh this costume makes me feel like he should cosplay as Chairman Kaga from Iron Chef) and Kilik from Soul Calibur

• Locked thread