Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

nonentity posted:

Nice saber you got there... I have one of those.

Still a favorite of mine :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Oh, neat, I have a level 25 Jedi Knight already lying around! I might get a third 50 before 12x ends after all!

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I am a datacron master, and now that means my opinion is heard by the devs. DEVS MAKE THIS SABER HAPPEN.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

pentyne posted:

Wait, so what do you buy exactly? And how is crafting going to work moving forward?
Look up the crafting blog on the official forums for all the changes but, among other things, some schematics will no longer be learnable. You'll keep them if you have them but they'll be gone from vendors. If you have them you'll still be able to craft them since they might be something you want for looks only. Visit your crafting class trainer to make sure you have all currently learnable schematics and look up on the GTN for those that are drops from gathering missions, if you want to have them in your list.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Dely Apple posted:

I am a datacron master, and now that means my opinion is heard by the devs. DEVS MAKE THIS SABER HAPPEN.

You forgot the picture.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I'm not going to enter in Hulk Smash!'s competition because I have most of the stuff I need unlocked and would like someone else to get stuff.

I think playing Guild Wars 2 has ruined me because these days all I care about in MMOs is cosmetics. TOR has some real interesting cosmetic options and trying to get different pieces (dye channels :argh:) to work together can be annoying so I'm pretty happy with what I've come up with.

Imperial Characters

Sniper - My original character that I'll almost certainly take through KotFE first. Was trying to channel the sort of look the Eclipse engineers had going in Mass Effect 2:

Juggernaut - Pictured here in the wonderful 'I'm trying very hard not to poo poo myself' default pose that Juggernauts get. Going for a sort of 'flexible heavy armour' look:

Mercenary - Everything clips through Twi'lek lekku. Everything. Aiming for something of a Mandalorian look but I couldn't find the nice blue their armour is as a dye:

Sorcerer - LARPing as the dude from the Lightning bolt, lightning bolt! video. The armour looks a lot better in motion than in the screenshot and the metallic tubes around the neck glow when one of the traits procs:

Powertech - Tom Spackman's voice is amazing and fits the bounty hunter perfectly. High tech detective look. Bonus everyone should have a jetpack mount picture:

Assassin - I'm really happy with how this turned out, very different to a normal Sith look. Also, the Dread Master customisation for HK owns bones:

Marauder - He kind of looks a lot like Darth Marr, I guess. Armour is waaaaay too heavy for what Marauders supposedly wear. Also when I had a more limited selection of clothing I realised he totally looks like Ronan from Guardians of the Galaxy if he had red skin:

Operative - Space Gangster with a Tommy Gun. As much as I like the kingpin blaster, the shotgun models fit better with how the agent works IMO. Need to be a higher level before I can use the full size black shotgun skin but I think it'll end up looking really awesome:

Also as a PSA, everyone should get a Hutt Cantina Skiff because not only are they cool looking with a mount flourish (holodancer and cantina music) but your character will pick up grapes, throw them up in the air and eat them while idle. It's great:

Republic Characters

Guardian - Not sure I made the right choice with the Cathar but I wanted one of every race because :spergin:. He and Kira are a pair of superheroes, because Jedi are clearly superheroes:

Commando - The assault cannon looks cool but the animations for the skills get super repetitive over time compared to Mercenary. I really love the Monocycle and the starforge assault cannon with the spinning barrel so I colourmatched my (and Elara's) gear to them:

Scoundrel - I'm Han Solo if he was a Rattataki woman and alive 3000 years earlier. I even have a wookiee following me around and standing on tables:

Sage - Whoever said the consular lightsaber idle animation is the best of all of them was spot on. I also really like the WGF Veteran mount that came out (particularly the colours) so I matched my Sage's gear to it:

Unsure what I'm going to use my level 60 boost on but it'll probably be Republic side since I have all bases covered Imp side already. Giant goony fat Shadow so I can make him look like Star Wars kid? I'll have to give it some more thought.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Oct 17, 2015

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Haven't entered the contest yet because all my Imp side chars are probably booted from inactivity but I thought my Consular came out surprisingly well considering it was a complete accident:

Mercurius posted:

Sniper - My original character that I'll almost certainly take through KotFE first. Was trying to channel the sort of look the Eclipse engineers had going in Mass Effect 2:

Uhhh yeah gonna need the name of that chest like right now, thanks

Also the rifle because slings are my jam

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Insert name here posted:

Haven't entered the contest yet because all my Imp side chars are probably booted from inactivity but I thought my Consular came out surprisingly well considering it was a complete accident:

Uhhh yeah gonna need the name of that chest like right now, thanks

Also the rifle because slings are my jam
It's the imperial ace battle pilot thing that I get in the mail on new characters. I don't actually know how you get it because I never bought the game at launch but created an account for the beta and when I eventually starting playing with that account after SoR came out I had the imperial and republic sets in the mail on every character :iiam:

e: The rifle's from one of the recentish hypercrates, there's a blaster rifle version, too. Sniper rifle is PW-12 Plasma Core Sniper Rifle, Blaster rifle is VL-25 XT Plasma Core Rifle. Nonentity really knocked it out of the park with them.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Oct 17, 2015

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Chickenwalker posted:

What chest is that for the traditional Jedi robe?

Relnex's robes.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Leveling my agent before 12x ends that I made forever ago, Sniper because my Smuggler's a Scoundrel, I kind of miss having stealth but it almost doesn't matter because I just hit so loving hard. Suppressive Fire alone is enough to take out a group of normal minions and then a plethora of strong single target attacks make quick work of anything stronger.

I think I like it. :shepface:

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Oct 17, 2015

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Catsworth posted:

Leveling my agent before 12x ends that I made forever ago, Sniper because my Smuggler's a Scoundrel, I kind of miss having stealth but it almost doesn't matter because I just hit so loving hard. Suppressive Fire alone is enough to take out a group of normal minions and then a plethora of strong single target attacks make quick work of anything stronger.

I think I like it. :shepface:

You have discovered the secret to playing a proper sniper. Now rename yourself to Cy'ril Figgus and it will be perfect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgkFe5HYqY0

Also speaking Sniper and dress up, I'm looking for a rifle that looks like the Exitus rifle from 40k because I want to have a LIIVI costume.

(Note this is bigger than a person)

Eimi fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 17, 2015

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I'm not very happy with my Princessing in SWTOR, but that's what I get for rebuilding my EU account on the US. :haw: So I'm cherry picking some of them.

Agent (Main)

"On the Job." Also my preferred outfit, even if its just the prelude stuff from Revan! :haw:

Treek is such a great companion. :allears:

Smuggler

"Put that camera away, I look like I'm posing for a recruitment drive."

No companion for this one, It's the Wookie anyway. Who wouldn't use the Wookie?!

Consular

Kinda happy with both outfits here actually.

Bounty Hunter

Same here too, because Heat-sink armour is amazing. :allears:

Warrior

Prior to "joining" the Sith, I like to imagine my Warrior was a Imperial Ace because this was the outfit I started with on a whim. Funny when that kind of narrative happens.

Inquisitor

Glorious Sith Patriot of the Empire. Also shy.

This one's kinda dull honestly, but I do like that it fits what with the Sith Inq being responsible for reviving and successfully completing the Silencer project.

Bonus screenshots!

Also why is taking screenshots in this game so hit and miss. :negative:

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 17, 2015

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Eimi posted:

You have discovered the secret to playing a proper sniper. Now rename yourself to Cy'ril Figgus and it will be perfect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgkFe5HYqY0

Also speaking Sniper and dress up, I'm looking for a rifle that looks like the Exitus rifle from 40k because I want to have a LIIVI costume.

(Note this is bigger than a person)

The one I'm using is actually pretty close (And even comes with an arm strap!) and is super cheap. http://tor-fashion.com/pw-12-plasma-core-sniper-rifle/

The other PW series sniper rifles could also probably handle the job.

Then there's the MR series which are a bit older and I'm not sure as available and don't match the image as well but are still really cool. http://tor-fashion.com/mr-37-sniper-rifle/

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
I'm not entering the contest, I just want to show off my weak costume game

http://imgur.com/a/rmJCt

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

Thyrork posted:

"On the Job." Also my preferred outfit, even if its just the prelude stuff from Revan! :haw:

How can you use this hairstyle, doesn't it clip horribly through your face all the time? Maybe my issue was that I tried it with Sith Warrior, but most of my attacks would leave me with it stuck clipping forward and half of my scalp visible. I just wish they would accept their defeat in this attempt to have hairstyles with physics and make it static. I really like how it looks.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I've created an imgur album with all the recent outfits posted in this thread. Album may or may not* be updated from time to time as people post more pictures.

*probably not

Click the image to go to it

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Good grief, y'all are making my taste in character outfits really boring. My Imperial Agent has been wearing the Black Talon coat I got about three hours into TOR's early access for subscribers for the duration of the game, minus odd flirtations with other cosmetic sets.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Beeme posted:

How can you use this hairstyle, doesn't it clip horribly through your face all the time? Maybe my issue was that I tried it with Sith Warrior, but most of my attacks would leave me with it stuck clipping forward and half of my scalp visible. I just wish they would accept their defeat in this attempt to have hairstyles with physics and make it static. I really like how it looks.

It occasionally clips badly when skipping dialogue or falling.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Cythereal posted:

Good grief, y'all are making my taste in character outfits really boring. My Imperial Agent has been wearing the Black Talon coat I got about three hours into TOR's early access for subscribers for the duration of the game, minus odd flirtations with other cosmetic sets.

The Black Talon outfits are still some of my favorite outfits in the game. My mercenary, sniper and Marauder are still wearing them and will continue to wear them in outfit designer after 4.0 drops and I augment legacy gear to share with mirror classes

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Mercurius posted:

I'm not going to enter in Hulk Smash!'s competition because I have most of the stuff I need unlocked and would like someone else to get stuff.

I think playing Guild Wars 2 has ruined me because these days all I care about in MMOs is cosmetics. TOR has some real interesting cosmetic options and trying to get different pieces (dye channels :argh:) to work together can be annoying so I'm pretty happy with what I've come up with.

Imperial Characters

If thats the pilot ace chest piece that I think it is, what legs/boots are those? I originally started out with the same idea for my operative but stuff does not unify well with that chest piece and usually goes with the off color, not the main color of the chest.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

God drat it, I've been trying to take more screenshots of my cool-looking characters for you guys, but the screenshot button keeps straight-up failing for no reason... this has happened to me a bunch of times, and it's completely random. It'll just work one minute and not work the next. Doesn't seem to matter what character I'm on or where I am or anything, it just quits working. I wasted like 20 minutes just now hopping on different characters and pressing a button that did nothing.

Aside from taking cool costume pictures, my friends have a game where we grab screenshots of really awful character names that we find... and man, I have lost so many hilarious bad names to the broken-screenshot void.

Hey UI guy if you're reading this... what the gently caress.

Anyway, at least I got this one:

This is my smuggler that's supposed to be a "cover ID" for my agent, with a ridiculous party girl costume.

With her is Corso Riggs, who I traditionally dress like a male prostitute, for two reasons: 1. to make fun of people who dress their female companions like sluts and 2. to make fun of Corso's macho bullshit. I've kept this joke going across several smuggler characters now, but I think this particular look is my best Corso yet! I have laughed out loud at his cutscenes more than once.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Nerd of Prey, screenshot rarely works for me too, so I end up using the windows snipping tool, which ends up working better since you can just choose a portion of the screen to screenshot.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I have a Mac keyboard with no print screen key. :smith:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you're on Windows 10, WinKey + Print Screen takes a screenshot and automatically saves it to Pictures -> Screenshots.

That might work above whatever SWTOR's issue is. I haven't actually tried it.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Sadly I ditched the Esseles coat on Scoundrel, but the flashpoint jackets look nice and I got the schematic for that Taris vest-scarf combination. Agent is happily wearing the Talon though, looks absolutely great.

Ktzi
Aug 1, 2006

There are plenty of spiders!
Are we showing off outfits? Because I'm really happy with my Juggernaut. Maybe not the traditional 'super heavy' look but I think it looks great for an athletic battler type. Headcanon is that she's echani, thus the white on white skin and hair. Only thing I don't like is the clipping of the hanging front plate with the tunic legs, but whatcha gon' do.

I especially like the lightsaber. Crooked, big, and with a glowy in the pommel. Droid buddy is there because headcanon again is that Ashlotte here takes video of her fights for later study. Always gotta become better.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Reminder, to be qualified for Early Access you need to have been subscribed SINCE August 10th.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Tuskin38 posted:

Reminder, to be qualified for Early Access you need to have been subscribed SINCE August 10th.

Whoops!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Tuskin38 posted:

It's actually a little more specific than that.

quote:

To qualify for the Early Access Bonus, you must have qualified for each of the four rewards by being a subscriber on each of the 4 listed reward dates. Once you qualify you may enter and play Knights of the Fallen Empire on October 20, 2015, seven (7) days prior to live launch on October 27, 2015.

So you just have to be subbed on August 10, August 31, Sept 30 and Oct 19. If you missed a day or two in there because you have a non-recurring sub set up or you changed credit cards, but you're still getting all the rewards, you're good.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

I guess I'll be leveling my smuggler before I do KotFE after all...

(Or just play another game, remind my FFXIV guildmates that I'm not dead, etc.)

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I managed to get pictures of a couple more characters before the screenshot button stopped responding again...

My other gunslinger... He's just using rocket boost in the screenshot but if they ever make a green jetpack I will pay any price.

Those blue-green pistols are from the Mandalorian Raiders flashpoint. I think it's a unique model.

Jedi shadow. He doesn't normally wear this, but I keep the fat pink robot costume handy for special occasions. In human form he looks a whole lot like comedian Ron Funches.

Edit:
Forgot I already had some decent shots of my Sith Marauder:

The "white knight" look is a simple combination of the Stalker set, which I already had unlocked, and a common pale gray/dark yellow dye that came in one of those cantina event gift boxes. I put it on him as a placeholder at level one, but quickly realized it was a badass outfit and he never needed to change. The glowing yellow eyes and crafted white/yellow saber crystals continue the white/gold "shining armor" theme.

And yeah this hairdo has clipping issues but I can't picture a better one for this dude. I thought of him as sort of a vain, twisted Prince Charming character, like the bad guy in some fairy tale. I mentioned him in the last thread; I picked all the "sassy" answers leveling him up and ended up pure neutral, and it was awesome.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 17, 2015

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Defiance Industries posted:

It's actually a little more specific than that.

So you just have to be subbed on August 10, August 31, Sept 30 and Oct 19. If you missed a day or two in there because you have a non-recurring sub set up or you changed credit cards, but you're still getting all the rewards, you're good.

Well, that is a bit better.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Woop

Tokiko(Tanky Consular):

Laymia(Lightning shooty inquisitor):

Chiaki(Gunslinger)

Agiel(Healy dealy Operative)

Sachura(Tanky Bounty Hunter)

Nagisa(Tanky Knight):

Tanzina(Shooty Trooper):

Dexo fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 17, 2015

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
You have to reboot the game to fix the screenshot thing. It's been like that since launch.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Mercurius posted:

e: The rifle's from one of the recentish hypercrates, there's a blaster rifle version, too. Sniper rifle is PW-12 Plasma Core Sniper Rifle, Blaster rifle is VL-25 XT Plasma Core Rifle. Nonentity really knocked it out of the park with them.
Just went and picked up the blaster rifle for 500 creds that someone was selling while the next one up was 18,500. Small potatoes but I do love a good deal. :slick: Also got the sniper too for cheap but it probably won't get used unless I make a second sniper because I'm far too in love with the space mosin.

Beeme posted:

Yeah I was using it on my Consular but the amount of clipping, freaking out and how in several cutscenes you could see right through the hair because parts of it weren't modelled on the "underside" just made me spend the CCs to change it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Whelp got all companions to max, except Skadge. I am glad that's finally over. The fact that handing over gifts has a cast time and you can't do it in stacks made that far more horrible than it deserved to be.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Eimi posted:

Whelp got all companions to max, except Skadge. I am glad that's finally over. The fact that handing over gifts has a cast time and you can't do it in stacks made that far more horrible than it deserved to be.

It was kinda worse before when there was a cooldown between gifts. No cast time but you had to wait like 10 seconds until the next one.

Also :hfive: Skadge can stay at 0 affection.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hulk Smash! posted:

Also :hfive: Skadge can stay at 0 affection.

-2k affection on mine. :v:

Skadge, Xalek, Scourge, Tanno Vik, and Qyzen Fess are the companions I've skipped maxing. Would have skipped Kaliyo if my agent wasn't my very first character and had maxed everyone.

I do wonder what if any difference that will make in KOTFE.

Fiaxx
Nov 8, 2003

Wednesday is my rag day.

Empress Theonora posted:

I have a Mac keyboard with no print screen key. :smith:

Me too - I had to scrounge around to find the correct way to take the screenshot....I believe it was (in this order) Alt - FN key - shift - f11 key, and then paste the screenshot into paint, then save it and send it over to my mac side for a little photoshop crop and remove shadows. It was quite the ordeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Goon fashion show album has been updated to all recent post above this one

• Locked thread