Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Clearly Mudasir put the time in on that rep grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

It's like the asbergers version of Keeping Up with the Kardashians

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Soulex posted:

asbergers (sic)

You're triggering my CDO

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

dud root posted:

You're triggering my CDO

(Sick)

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.

Johnny Aztec posted:

You get those people in AZ to stop trying to have a green lawn in the desert, and then you can come talk to me about my shower habits.

I miss my pink granite + obligatory ocatillo yard.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Snapchat A Titty posted:

if only gervais was a funny knob though.
Apparently you are not familiar with his music career.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

They both commented on this on Twitter along the lines of "no wonder tickets are selling so well."

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Gorilla Salad posted:

And you call yourself an Aussie :argh:

Nothing worse than when someone flushes the toilet or the washing machine kicks in and you get that cold water spike...

Infyrno
Jul 24, 2003

The Duke

spookygonk posted:

Nothing worse than when someone flushes the toilet or the washing machine kicks in and you get that cold water spike...

I have seen this in movies/tv shows as long as ive been alive and have still never experienced this myself or known anyone who has. What kind of plumbing scheme causes this to happen and why have I never been able to reproduce it in the SE part of the US?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Infyrno posted:

I have seen this in movies/tv shows as long as ive been alive and have still never experienced this myself or known anyone who has. What kind of plumbing scheme causes this to happen and why have I never been able to reproduce it in the SE part of the US?

It's usually due to having an old pressure regulator on your main line that sets the whole house's water pressure too low for the total length of piping. The hot water is a separate line from far away, while the toilet uses the same cold water line as the shower.

So when you flush while someone's in the shower, the local cold water pressure drops and the shower suddenly gets very hot. It will even out in a few moments as the pressures equalize, but you get a real scalding jolt there at first.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
None of this ever really happens under normal circumstances. Source: Been a plumber for almost 22 years. If you flush the toilet and your shower suddenly goes cold or hot, someone has basically Grover-housed the plumbing where you live or like Deteriorata said, something is very wrong with the pressure valve that feeds your house or apartment. It's a weird cliche holdover from the time when writers of TV and movies lived in ancient buildings with a water resevoir on the roof that fed the entire building, in New York or whatever.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

HairyManling posted:

None of this ever really happens under normal circumstances. Source: Been a plumber for almost 22 years.
:shrug: If I'm under the shower and someone uses hot water in the kitchen, the water pressure drops and I'll only get cold water. And my house doesn't have a water reservoir, nor am I in New York.
Then again: It's a fairly old house and my dad and grandad who build it were an electrical engineer and a mason respectively. So it's perfectly possible the plumbing is a disaster.

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

The MSJ posted:

IMPORTANT UPDATE

mudasir nooooooo

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

Raygereio posted:

:shrug: If I'm under the shower and someone uses hot water in the kitchen, the water pressure drops and I'll only get cold water. And my house doesn't have a water reservoir, nor am I in New York.
Then again: It's a fairly old house and my dad and grandad who build it were an electrical engineer and a mason respectively. So it's perfectly possible the plumbing is a disaster.
You know, as I read this post I realized I am probably over privileged and live in an area where the oldest home or building I've worked on was built probably circa '67 or so. And I should just probably shut the gently caress up because my experience isn't indicative of how the rest of the world works. Regardless, this type of thing shouldn't be happening in a reasonably modern home, but this isn't even remotely the right thread to be discussing this in.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

hawaiian_robot posted:

mudasir nooooooo

Somebody get Hollywood on the phone!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Radio Paranoia posted:

Somebody get WWE on the phone!

That's a pretty great heel turn there, Mudasir.

Cpt Thorne
Apr 13, 2009

gently caress that Mudasir dude, seriously.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

No, gently caress Asif. He is a big jerk.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

You don't know poo poo Lucy Heartfilia!!!!

JustAurora
Apr 17, 2007

Nature vs. Nurture, man!
Salman is obviously the best. He just wants to be friends with everyone and enjoy his time. Mudasir and Asif both need to be better friends to Salman.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

They both commented on this on Twitter along the lines of "no wonder tickets are selling so well."

What am I missing?

nm:They'll blow you.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

HairyManling posted:

You know, as I read this post I realized I am probably over privileged and live in an area where the oldest home or building I've worked on was built probably circa '67 or so. And I should just probably shut the gently caress up because my experience isn't indicative of how the rest of the world works. Regardless, this type of thing shouldn't be happening in a reasonably modern home, but this isn't even remotely the right thread to be discussing this in.
I'm a General Contractor in Philadelphia area, and have seen a scenario many times, including my own house. When you tee off for hot water heater early on and then allow your cold water line to run rampant throughout the building, the upstairs bathroom (which is usually the furthest point) will get the most out of that pressure drop. There are codes to prevent that sort of issue now. But people in old houses just avoid flushing toilets while in the shower.

We have houses from 1800's around here. I'm jealous of that fact that you're never have to deal with cast iron water lines and lead drains.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Hey, guys, remember when we used to post funny pictures? Yeah. That was the best.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

null_pointer posted:

Hey, guys, remember when we used to post funny pictures? Yeah. That was the best.

Why don't you post a funny picture and show us all how it is done?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

hawaiian_robot posted:

mudasir nooooooo
Sounds like Asif was being too demanding :colbert:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

hawaiian_robot posted:

mudasir nooooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GXrZLoH_q4

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

ZING! :iceburn:

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

hawaiian_robot posted:

mudasir nooooooo

Awais lookin like Charlie Day there, he's the guy I want to hang out with.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Just because he posted a picture of your parents loving doesn't mean you've got any right to be salty.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Infyrno posted:

Happens to me far too often. I'm in an apartment in an old building where the shower is one of those awful "plastic box on the wall that heats the water as it goes through rather than using your actual hot water" things, and any time anyone anywhere in the building uses their cold water for anything the "Low Pressure" light flips on and the box stops heating water for some stupid reason :argh:

And uh, funny picture I suppose

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

hawaiian_robot posted:

mudasir nooooooo

The Romeo and Juliet of our time :allears:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Perestroika posted:

The Romeo and Juliet of our time :allears:

I'm just waiting to find out what this is an elaborate viral ad for.

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

Tendai posted:

Sounds like Asif was being too demanding :colbert:

Asif owns though?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

hawaiian_robot posted:

Asif owns though?

I too enjoy just laying around sundaying.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Thump! posted:

pfft as if.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

hawaiian_robot posted:

Asif owns though?

Everyday is like Sunday.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Thump! posted:

SOME of us have to work for a living. Mudasir, for example. Can't just lay around sundaying all the drat time.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
:nws:https://i.imgur.com/rMpKKVc.jpg:nws:

Jippa has a new favorite as of 19:26 on Oct 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Newspaper guy is 'Nope, didn't see that, not at all'

• Locked thread