Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
If Hillary does end up winning, does the nomenclature specify that Bill gets referred to as "the First Gentleman"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

C2C - 2.0 posted:

If Hillary does end up winning, does the nomenclature specify that Bill gets referred to as "the First Gentleman"?

He personally wants "First Laddie".

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
He'd still be referred to as President Clinton which is weird. You retain the title " President " for life.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 17, 2015

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

paranoid randroid posted:

i both believe malia played beer pong and salute her for being cool despite her major dorklord of a dad trying to, like, destroy her life with his president bullshit. good on you, first teen.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hollismason posted:

He'd still be referred to as President Clinton which is weird. You retain the title " President " for life.

Yea but there's a literal 'office of the first lady' that's a part of white house functions that's actually moderately important, so he'd have to alter that somehow regardless since you can't have 'office of the president' and 'office of the president'. He's called President Clinton but 'first lady' is an actual title with implications, so he's also...first gentleman I assume?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think he should just go with it and insist people call him the first lady.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea but there's a literal 'office of the first lady' that's a part of white house functions that's actually moderately important, so he'd have to alter that somehow regardless since you can't have 'office of the president' and 'office of the president'. He's called President Clinton but 'first lady' is an actual title with implications, so he's also...first gentleman I assume?

Why not first spouse so it's future proof?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

the_paradigm_shift posted:

First bae.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
First Laddie.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!
Rename the office Master of Ceremonies so we have have MC Slick Willy.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Isn't there a lot of weird misogynistic stuff with the President's office as well? Other than the First Lady thing. It's going to be cool as hell having her as a president.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

the_paradigm_shift posted:

This is probably the best answer but

Hodgepodge posted:

Rename the office Master of Ceremonies so we have have MC Slick Willy.

I want this more

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Is "First Mate" reserved solely for pirates and navy poo poo and what not? Because I feel like that's just a chill enough term for Bill and would suit him well.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hollismason posted:

Isn't there a lot of weird misogynistic stuff with the President's office as well? Other than the First Lady thing. It's going to be cool as hell having her as a president.

Yea it's a weird set up that actually has a neat history. Basically under Carter his wife was sick of being in the side stage so she basically demanded her own office in the east wing, and Clinton and Laura Bush expanded it, so it went from like 'just look pretty and appear in events' to 'no you're actually the office who's technically in charge of all social and formal events we do here and that's a huge deal' as well as charity works and all.

So basically with a First Dude either people have to acknowledge 'oh so the first lady's official job was to be a party planner huh...that's...a bit out dated' or it's going to be further expanded like Laura Bush and Michelle Obama have done with things like the first whatever taking diplomatic trips alone and basically being allowed to have a genuine political agenda of their own. Of course, this is hilarious if it happens under the presidency of a woman who got called a controlling shadow puppeteer bitch for trying to push for crazy things like kids' healthcare and all using her platform when she was first lady.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Other Presidential Democracies that have had women presidents have used First Gentleman, but I don't see a reason why they couldn't buck that trend if they really wanted to.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Imagine that both your parent's went on to be President of the United States that's gotta be a little odd for Chelsea " We need a baby " Clinton.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Just add the title on. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present His Excellency the Right Honorable President William Jefferson Clinton, First Gentleman of the United States.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Chantilly Say posted:

Just add the title on. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present His Excellency the Right Honorable President William Jefferson Clinton, First Gentleman of the United States.

Keeper of the Swans, Lord Paramount of Arkansas and first stud.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/17/combat-dog-who-earned-bronze-stars-in-iraq-shot-and-killed-in-wyoming/?intcmp=hpbt4

quote:

According to the account he gave deputies, he fended off the dog using his bicycle, and then grabbed a revolver from his bicycle-mounted holster, and shot the dog.

Bicyclist kills German Shepherd that was sent back to the US with his partner who suffers from traumatic brain injury.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/17/paul-ryans-open-borders-push-luis-gutierrez-exposed-2013-video/

Breitbart lead story is how Paul Ryan is pushing for open borders.

It's almost like the Republicans want a non functioning party.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 17, 2015

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

quote:

Bessler questions the bicyclist’s account, saying the dog was shot in the rear. “He has his story,” he told the Tribune. “I know my dog. I have my story.”

Wish this was only an Onion article, but you can't make this stuff up. :sigh:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah, also he's on a loving bike. Bike the gently caress away.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I saw this in the documentary series The West Wing, so it checks out.

That scene is fantastic

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea it's a weird set up that actually has a neat history. Basically under Carter his wife was sick of being in the side stage so she basically demanded her own office in the east wing, and Clinton and Laura Bush expanded it, so it went from like 'just look pretty and appear in events' to 'no you're actually the office who's technically in charge of all social and formal events we do here and that's a huge deal' as well as charity works and all.

So basically with a First Dude either people have to acknowledge 'oh so the first lady's official job was to be a party planner huh...that's...a bit out dated' or it's going to be further expanded like Laura Bush and Michelle Obama have done with things like the first whatever taking diplomatic trips alone and basically being allowed to have a genuine political agenda of their own. Of course, this is hilarious if it happens under the presidency of a woman who got called a controlling shadow puppeteer bitch for trying to push for crazy things like kids' healthcare and all using her platform when she was first lady.

:lol: If you don't think Bill would throw the most bitchin' parties ever.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
"Bicycle Mounted Holster."

That's like some lovely hipster band name. Also someone has a bicycle mounted holster which just makes me hate life.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Maybe he's just really worried about this guy

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Hollismason posted:

Bicyclist kills German Shepherd that was sent back to the US with his partner who suffers from traumatic brain injury.

The partner has a TBI, or the dog?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Hollismason posted:

Police have a moral duty to kill everything they see.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Chantilly Say posted:

The partner has a TBI, or the dog?

The dog and the Soldier both have PTSD. The Soldier has a TMI.

Lemming posted:

Police have a moral duty to kill everything they see.

It wasn't the police. It was some jackass on a bike.

I can't even find a bike holster for sale.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

When you have a hammer everything looks like a nail. When you have a bicycle mounted holster every unaccompanied dog looks like crazed hell beast.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Hollismason posted:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/17/combat-dog-who-earned-bronze-stars-in-iraq-shot-and-killed-in-wyoming/?intcmp=hpbt4

Iraq war veteran's PTSD service dog gunned down by man using alternative transportation.

The only way this story could be more 2015 is if the cyclist had been on his way to a gay wedding.

e: Fox News didn't tell me which side to take. Is it the combat veteran or the stand-your-ground gunman?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Hollismason posted:

Speaking from experience dogs can easily catch you when you are on a bike even if you are booking it at 25+mph (which you tend to do when a big dog is beelining for you).

Yes biking away and seeing if the dog gives up when it has chased you out of its territory or a water bottle squirt to the face are the best solutions. But a loose dog coming at someone in an aggressive manner is absolutely a self defense situation, although I've never heard of a rider carrying anything more than pepper spray even in loving Texas.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I've been attacked by a dog while riding my bike. I picked my bike up and hit it with my bike then it ran away.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Iraq war veteran's PTSD service dog gunned down by man using alternative transportation.

The only way this story could be more 2015 is if the cyclist had been on his way to a gay wedding.

e: Fox News didn't tell me which side to take. Is it the combat veteran or the stand-your-ground gunman?

It's so confusing.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Radish posted:

When you have a hammer everything looks like a nail. When you have a bicycle mounted holster every unaccompanied dog looks like crazed hell beast.

TFR has angered Pet Island. This will be the impetus to finally enact gun control.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
This is all I could find for a bike holster.

http://www.motosport.com/ram-mounts-hand-gun-holster-handlebar-mount

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

TFR has angered Pet Island. This will be the impetus to finally enact gun control.

Gun control is all fine and good, but imo the real issue gun chat control. The megathread is an insufficient barrier.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

It wasn't the police. It was some jackass on a bike.

I was chased down and bit by a dog while bicycling several years back. It's rather terrifying and sucks and I got to bike home bleeding from tooth wounds. I was also in the middle of bumfuck nowhere so if I'd been torn up much at all help would have been pretty far away. The dog didn't stop chasing me and nipping at me til some farmer saw what was going on and chased it off with his ATV.

I wish I'd had my gun on me then. Dogs are pretty cool but half-feral rural farm dogs that attack people running loose suck.

E: dog was a cheap bastard, was at the top of a very steep hill and sidelined me from the woods for the initial and most effective bite. Clever girl.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Or you could just carry mace.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

First you're shooting dogs, then minorities, then maybe even people!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Hollismason posted:

Or you could just carry mace.

But I can't hit tin cans with mace from twenty yards, dummy!

A good point.

When I lived in Texas, it was far easier to legally carry a gun than dog pepper spray though :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
How about a loving warning shot?

• Locked thread