Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Real ralk! romero and his corner men are pieces of poo poo who deliberately bought their man extra time through placement of the stool.

My friend Lord Waffle Beard is right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i just rewatched condit / hendricks and absolutely everyone should because it's a sick oval office fight of the highest caliber but also because i remembered hendricks clearly taking the first two rounds and condit getting the third. on rewatch i saw 3 razor thin rounds. hendricks took condit down about 14 times and i'm not kidding you he kept him there in any sort of 'dominant' position on about 4 of those occasions and on 2 of those 4 occasions condit was such a loving menace from the bottom johny just straight up stood up out of full guard. insanely good fighting.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Apparently the UFC is in the middle of cutting a shitload of fighters. Current victims include Marcus Brimage and Eddie Gordon.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
whats an eddie gordon

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

That and the gay marriage stuff is cool, and Conor does seem like an actual decent person

But I still want Aldo to pulp him

It's his fans. The hardcore, idiot ones. It's BJ Penn/Fedor/Shogun/Gegard Mousassi all over again. A cool fighter and seemingly a pretty cool dude, but with a fanbase primarily composed of loud cunts.

henkman posted:

My friend Lord Waffle Beard is right
It was entirely down to Big John and some official who didn't know what towels were for. Other than that, checks out.

Oh, and Kennedy cheating immediately before that.

Oh, and a massive 75 seconds passing between the end of one round and the beginning of the next.

Oh, and gently caress Tim Kennedy forever.

canoshiz posted:

Apparently the UFC is in the middle of cutting a shitload of fighters. Current victims include Marcus Brimage and Eddie Gordon.
Poor Marcus Brimage. He seemed a cool dude.

Eddie Gordon's a cheap piece of poo poo with a semi-random hitbox, so I won't be sad to see him go.

Marching Powder posted:

i just rewatched condit / hendricks and absolutely everyone should because it's a sick oval office fight of the highest caliber but also because i remembered hendricks clearly taking the first two rounds and condit getting the third. on rewatch i saw 3 razor thin rounds. hendricks took condit down about 14 times and i'm not kidding you he kept him there in any sort of 'dominant' position on about 4 of those occasions and on 2 of those 4 occasions condit was such a loving menace from the bottom johny just straight up stood up out of full guard. insanely good fighting.
This is so loving true. Also, take a shot every time Condit goes for an ill advised flying knee and immediately gets taken down.

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Oct 17, 2015

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Real ralk! romero and his corner men are pieces of poo poo who deliberately bought their man extra time through placement of the stool.

Gay Jesus disapproves.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Mr. Nice! posted:

Where is a pale horse when you need him?

Giving Neil Magny a ride.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Is Duffy's third fight in the UFC being a main event a record of some sorts? Probably not, right?

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Anderson and Shields both fought for titles in their second UFC bouts, and I'm sure there were other PRIDE and Strikeforce guys that went straight to the main event. Not counting any of those, McGregor's third UFC fight was also the headliner.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

niethan posted:

Is Duffy's third fight in the UFC being a main event a record of some sorts? Probably not, right?

Alistair Overeem's first UFC fight was a PPV main event.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

It was a ufc employee who hosed up, not a member of Romero's corner. It's weird how that narrative has stuck around

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

John Romero posted:

does that guy who got really mad about yoel romero staying on the stool for too long still post here?

henkman posted:

I don't think anyone was mad.

Bioshuffle posted:

Big John should have stopped the fight and awarded the victory to Tim Kennedy. He had the authority to stop and he blew it. This will tarnish his reputation forever. He literally cost someone a victory! I can't think of a bigger way he could have messed up his return to Las Vegas. Maybe the nerves got to him?

Not sure how much the fact that he pooped his pants is playing into all this, but I have never hated a fighter as much as I hate Yoel Romero right now. I hope Tim Kennedy gets a rematch and smashes his colon into powdery dust.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/9/2...eruled-mma-news

quote:

The commission's leading figure, Bob Bennett, revealed that even though the Nevada administrative code states that a fighter will be awarded the TKO victory if his opponent is unable to answer the bell following the break between rounds, it is unlikely that the decision will be overturned.
You've got to be loving kidding me. This is bullshit. Bull. poo poo.

Bioshuffle posted:

One of these is not like the other... 

Obviously I don't think he's going to lose his job or anything, but I can see this being an asterisk next to his record. He screwed up. Looking forward to see how he'll try to spin this one on MMA Hour.

Bioshuffle posted:

Just look at the number of trolls who came out of the woodwork to attack me because my opinion happens to be different from theirs. God forbid!

The culture of elitism that exists within the MMA fan base is nothing short of baffling. I can think of three separate occasions when I almost came to trading blows with some drunk know-it-all who thinks his opinions have more value because he trains jiu-jitsu. 

It's like they can't handle the concept of two people having different opinions. I may not "train" mixed martial arts, but I've seen enough matches and read enough articles and studied fight footage to know what I'm talking about.

Bioshuffle posted:

Even if I disagree with you, I am mature enough to understand that people have different opinions. I don't have to resort to flaming to make myself feel better.

Romero is a pants making GBS threads cheater and I am going to laugh when he gets what's coming to him. I'm going to come here to gloat and rub all of your faces in it. Can't wait.

fatherdog fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 17, 2015

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Ok nevermind lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

niethan posted:

Anderson debuted in the main event vs Chris Leben

mewse
May 2, 2006

It appears Bioshuffle quit posting a year ago with that "Even if I disagree with you" post

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He's got quite the custom title. Those posts were hilarious, thanks digging them up.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
just another incident in a trend of romero and his people being indiscriminate about proper stool depositing

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

fatherdog posted:

You've got to be loving kidding me. This is bullshit. Bull. poo poo.
[/quote]

Lol,

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

niethan posted:

not only is it not a record that was his 5th fight not his 3rd.

also Ilir Latifi and Joe Soto

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Bubba Smith posted:

not only is it not a record that was his 5th fight not his 3rd.

joe duffy not todd duffee

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
why are there so many duffees in UFC main events this year

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
dang when Romero loses badly he's gonna come in here and own everyone. Everyone here is really invested in Yoel Romero's success

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/17/9512125/johny-hendricks-open-to-seeking-help-for-weight-i-don-t-know

Johny Hendricks is so dumb. He is going to do a practice weight cut to 180 lbs and then if he makes it, he will continue to fight at 170.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
That's the kind of logic I can get behind

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/17/9512125/johny-hendricks-open-to-seeking-help-for-weight-i-don-t-know

Johny Hendricks is so dumb. He is going to do a practice weight cut to 180 lbs and then if he makes it, he will continue to fight at 170.

What can you expect from a man whose parents couldn't even spell Johnny correctly.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
One day we'll be able to live through the Hendricks/Woodley feud that has been percolating for years

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Droopy Goines posted:

What can you expect from a man whose parents couldn't even spell Johnny correctly.

or hendrix

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
its funny that woodley will be able to hold this over him forever despite being worse than him in nearly every area

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Skip My Posts posted:

its funny that woodley will be able to hold this over him forever despite being worse than him in nearly every area

its weird that jhny is turning out to be a headcase

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bundt Cake posted:

its weird that jhny is turning out to be a headcase

side effect of going 10 rounds with robbie lawler

mewse
May 2, 2006

quote:

Hendricks attempted to replicate that success earlier this month at UFC 192, only he tweaked a winning formula, switching his diet from fish and chicken, which Dolce preferred, to one heavy on venison.

Seriously? The Brock Lesnar weight cut?

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Has anyone told Johny about portion control and vegetables?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Living in the woods and eating meat seem to be common concerns among fighters

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Brock Lesnar had rotten guts because he refused to eat vegetables

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

henkman posted:

Brock Lesnar had rotten guts because he refused to eat vegetables

Killed Harold Ramis too.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Killed Harold Ramis too.

you will find that you are confusing two very different words

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

you will find that you are confusing two very different words

Ramis died because of diverticulitis. If he had eaten his veggies he'd be alive today.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ramis died because of diverticulitis. If he had eaten his veggies he'd be alive today.
I don't even know who that is but wikipedia sez he died of vasculitis.

e: was*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
He had diverticulitis surgery in 2010. That's what it was.

• Locked thread