Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Plavski posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/v/20972084

At about 1h 15m. The guy is an alpha geek, but obviously has skills to pay the bills. This action camera stuff is pretty rad.

WOW that guys is a loving spazz. He reminds me of every ultra dork I hung out with in school (including me).
But man, that action camera is exactly what I've wanted for ages. It's going to save my wrist.

I had to stop the stream because of him buuuuuuut do you hold down 1/LMB or have to click it for each attack while in this mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

I'm glad they're going on board with something you can only achieve through a glitchy plugin otherwise.

If it also let you bind things to the mouse it'd be pretty much what I'm using now. Mouse2 dodge would be hard to part with.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

jjac posted:

I'm glad they're going on board with something you can only achieve through a glitchy plugin otherwise.

If it also let you bind things to the mouse it'd be pretty much what I'm using now. Mouse2 dodge would be hard to part with.

I have an AHK setup with Stow Weapon bound to MB2 for ability canceling. :unsmigghh:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Did they ever specify if these "balance patches" are split between sPvP and WvW/PvE, or will they be global?

IE, Vamp rune changes just for sPvP?

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code

treizebee posted:

Did they ever specify if these "balance patches" are split between sPvP and WvW/PvE, or will they be global?

IE, Vamp rune changes just for sPvP?

Of course they are global. It is very rare where a balance change splits a skill PvE/PvP.
They don't want a repeat of GW1. Love it or hate it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

xgalaxy posted:

Of course they are global. It is very rare where a balance change splits a skill PvE/PvP.

Or follow City of Heroes. THey split development teams right down the middle to support PvP and retool almost every skill for a game mode that was almost never used.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

xgalaxy posted:

There already exists a significant amount of skill differences between sPvP and open world.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

WOW that guys is a loving spazz. He reminds me of every ultra dork I hung out with in school (including me).
But man, that action camera is exactly what I've wanted for ages. It's going to save my wrist.

I had to stop the stream because of him buuuuuuut do you hold down 1/LMB or have to click it for each attack while in this mode?

There's a new instant cast setting that lets you hold down mouse 1 to constantly attack with skill 1.

Kessel posted:

Exactly this. The dev who thinks this will be good for engineer nades is dreaming. Oh good let me just point the camera at my feet in a group clusterfuck andhgrjxjdhgehrhfhhhgggjh

(also aiming all your nades at a distance using the crosshair is loving impossible, you'll throw up after a minute of bucking the mouse)

How exactly do you use grenades now? I tried them out very briefly on my engi but all the clicking and targeting just sucked and I went back to ranger.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That guy obviously wasn't very comfortable in front of the camera, but gently caress it, dude spent a ton of his free time to bring us this awesome thing.

It's heartening to see a game that is 3 years old with as much enthusiasm from it's devs.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
When I'm lazy I just hold down left mouse and mouselook to throw grenades. Basically you move the target reticule by shifting the camera around. I imagine this works similarly.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

There's a new instant cast setting that lets you hold down mouse 1 to constantly attack with skill 1.

How exactly do you use grenades now? I tried them out very briefly on my engi but all the clicking and targeting just sucked and I went back to ranger.

Bind autoattack to spacebar.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Kessel posted:

Exactly this. The dev who thinks this will be good for engineer nades is dreaming. Oh good let me just point the camera at my feet in a group clusterfuck andhgrjxjdhgehrhfhhhgggjh

(also aiming all your nades at a distance using the crosshair is loving impossible, you'll throw up after a minute of bucking the mouse)

They said you could take it out of 1st person mode while still using the action camera. It sounds like it'd be useful but I've not seen it in action so I dunno.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

action camera looks great, can't wait to play with it.

also i liked that dude, he was excited about his pet project and wasn't afraid to call current gw2 combat things like autotargetting poo poo

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Got bored, wasted more transmutation charges and a makeover to turn my prettiest princess into the manliest mancess

Hi fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 17, 2015

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Hi posted:

Got bored, wasted more transmutation charges and a makeover to turn my prettiest princess into the manliest mancess

Looks real good.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Hi posted:

I love the headscarf combined with the adventurer's mask! Looks like a different armor class entirely.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Hi posted:

This is Lonk-approved.

edit: lol aegis.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Manliest Mancess is a good name

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
time to fill destiny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dACwQa-1-DU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Please don't steal their music cover.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
someone mentioned they saw HoT on sale for like 25 bucks can you like, post, when you see that.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Hey can you undo guild builds in the queue? I accidently triggered an extra workshop for my bank guild when I'm supposed to be making the second bank slot.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Click the lil gear then press - then tick.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Is there a way to make keybindings a per-character thing?

It's semi-annoying having my elemental attunements be the top bar as ele but engineer toolkits are in the special skills slots while the extra skill they give are in the top slot.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Visidan posted:

Click the lil gear then press - then tick.

Sweet, thanks!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
This is awesome. https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3p5lw3/i_spent_50_hours_running_through_tyria_with_a_gps/

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

Degs posted:

Is there a way to make keybindings a per-character thing?

It's semi-annoying having my elemental attunements be the top bar as ele but engineer toolkits are in the special skills slots while the extra skill they give are in the top slot.

I'm pretty sure that your keybindings are account wide, afaik there's no way to make individual settings for each character.

TastesLikeChicken
Dec 30, 2007

Doesn't everything?

Ok Goons, which one of you is this really

I mean, seriously.

Oh god... :stonk:

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Is there a way to upgrade from the standard edition of hot to the ultimate? i can only find a deluxe upgrade, and that one is dumb.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

malhavok posted:

Is there a way to upgrade from the standard edition of hot to the ultimate? i can only find a deluxe upgrade, and that one is dumb.

Ask anet help support. If they say there isnt, express that you would be more than haopy to purchase it if it existed, but you are not interested in the middle option.

May not lead to anything but if they realize there is an interest in such a product... I mean it IS a digital sale, not much physical media to worry about sales there.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Remembered that I should probably buy this expansion since it'll be out next week, then I looked at the purchase page and I guess the base purchase doesn't come with an extra character slot, you only get one if you splurge for the 75 dollar version? I mean, even though they're adding a new class? That blows, since I'm full up with one of each existing class already. Usually you want one of the advertised features of your expansion to be readily available to everyone who, you know, buys your expansion.

And yeah, I know I can just pony up and buy another slot from the gem store, but it seems sort of petty of them not to include one. Kind of killed my desire to blow money on games. :saddowns:

Edit: vv Just noticed that, under the tiny grey link at the bottom of the page with the highly informative text of 'learn more about the additional pre-purchase offer' How could I miss something so obvious. Okay fine Anet, take my money.

BobTheJanitor fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Oct 18, 2015

kater
Nov 16, 2010

You get one for pre-ordering if you use their store.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

kater posted:

You get one for pre-ordering if you use their store.
With the caveat that you had to have purchased GW2 before mid January this year.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Since i'm so behind, I seriously have to ask. Does that annoying rear end character Scarlet actually return.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Fargin Icehole posted:

Since i'm so behind, I seriously have to ask. Does that annoying rear end character Scarlet actually return.

There's a new mechanic in Heart of Thorns, every day a random Sylvari player has their character turned into Scarlet and lose control of that character slot. After the players kill her your character is deleted permanently.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Awesome

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

malhavok posted:

Pretty sure they've said the gem discount is literally just a one time thing you could get at that moment. At this point, upgrading would just be them giving you free gems, so I'm guessing the answer would be no. The best you could hope for would be disconnecting your hot key somehow and applying a brand new ultimate one, but that would be stupid.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

to celebrate my fancy new hammer i decided to make my charr look like a pit fighter. somehow every piece comes from a different set (barring the helmet but who wears those as charr) and i am mildly proud of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

to celebrate my fancy new hammer i decided to make my charr look like a pit fighter. somehow every piece comes from a different set (barring the helmet but who wears those as charr) and i am mildly proud of it

The Vigil heavy helmet works pretty well for gladiator/pit fighter although I think there might be some minor clipping issues on female charr.

• Locked thread