Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Tiggum posted:

I get the distinct impression, both from the latest episode and the earlier plot where Ollie lost his company, that the writers of this show don't know what the difference between an owner and a CEO is or what either of those roles actually are.

To be fair, neither does most of the audience. Me included! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

XboxPants posted:

Rick Pinzolo, who google can only tell me was a gangster on a TV show called Wiseguy from the 80's. It was a CBS show tho so I guess anything's possible. :haw:

Interesting find because its clearly a tv insider shout out.

Wiseguy helped put the Canadian tv production industry on the map for the USA, as it was produced out of Vancouver. It was ahead of its time for an American production to be shot exclusively in Canada and the industry's floodgates opened up afterwards. A lot of The CW's slate is produced out of Vancouver - Arrow, Flash & iZombie included.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Tiggum posted:

I get the distinct impression, both from the latest episode and the earlier plot where Ollie lost his company, that the writers of this show don't know what the difference between an owner and a CEO is or what either of those roles actually are.

These are the same people that thought that we can't tell the difference between a pill cutter and a fingerprint dna reader.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pizdec posted:

I'm thinking Katie Cassidy is either the sweetest, most hard-working individual or a total bitch, because these are the only explanations why after over a season worth of fight scenes none of the expert fight coordinators on the show dared to tell her how to hold the goddamn nightsticks.

"Uh, Katie, you don't actually hit with the... uh... no, never mind, you're doing fine, champ. :shobon:"

I follow her on various social medias and she appears to be absolutely loved by the entire cast. And she posts from the gym like 20 times a week and is clearly dedicated to the physical side of the role.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's holding them that way because she wants to hurt people more than police do.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Now don't quote me on this but I'm like 12% sure they have professional fight choreographers and stunt martial artists to make sure all the hitting is exactly the way they want the hitting to look.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

BrianWilly posted:

Now don't quote me on this but I'm like 12% sure they have professional fight choreographers and stunt martial artists to make sure all the hitting is exactly the way they want the hitting to look.

There are people in this thread who believe that, during the final Ollie/Ra's fight last season, the final side slice on Ra's was supposed to be a stab but the sword was accidentally visible. Even though the way it appeared mirrored the original fight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hitting people with the end of the handle is going to hurt more, surface area and force and all that.

She's basically using them as hammers, but nightsticks look cooler and also still gives her the ability to fight with them as tonfas.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I want Lance to be the one in the grave and come back as The Spectre in season 5.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LongDarkNight posted:

I want Lance to be the one in the grave and come back as The Spectre in season 5.

With the tie in to Constantine they already have a guy fated to become the Spectre.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

LongDarkNight posted:

Calling it to be Boston Brand

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Calling it to be Boston Brand

Didn't Merlyn assassinate Boston Brand in the comics?

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
The Spectre will obviously be Hal Jordan.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Hitting people with the end of the handle is going to hurt more, surface area and force and all that.

She's basically using them as hammers, but nightsticks look cooler and also still gives her the ability to fight with them as tonfas.
This is also why Diggle doesn't follow trigger discipline. His not giving a gently caress causes all objects to move away from him. This includes bullets, thus propelling them to higher speeds.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

muscles like this? posted:

With the tie in to Constantine they already have a guy fated to become the Spectre.

Is it confirmed as a tie-in between the two series or using the same actor to play the character?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

LongDarkNight posted:

Is it confirmed as a tie-in between the two series or using the same actor to play the character?

It's definitely the same actor, Matt Ryan, reprising his role as JC.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LongDarkNight posted:

The intent is for it to be the actual character from the cancelled NBC series. But from what I understand, DC gave the go ahead to use the character Constantine for the one episode only. So I doubt any of the story elements from the show Constantine will actually make it into Arrow in any kind of long term manner.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 18, 2015

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Dead Snoopy posted:

Interesting find because its clearly a tv insider shout out.

Wiseguy helped put the Canadian tv production industry on the map for the USA, as it was produced out of Vancouver. It was ahead of its time for an American production to be shot exclusively in Canada and the industry's floodgates opened up afterwards. A lot of The CW's slate is produced out of Vancouver - Arrow, Flash & iZombie included.

This is genuinely fascinating and I am glad I learned this today

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

flosofl posted:

The intent is for it to be the actual character from the cancelled NBC series. But from what I understand, DC gave the go ahead to use the character Constantine for the one episode only. So I doubt any of the story elements from the show Constantine will actually make it into Arrow in any kind of long term manner.

Is Constantine worth a watch? It's on Amazon Prime here but I've been putting off watching it as it got cancelled

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Beens posted:

Is Constantine worth a watch? It's on Amazon Prime here but I've been putting off watching it as it got cancelled

It is. The pilot is weak but it really picks up with the 4th or 5th episode and it's a crime it didn't get another season.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

It is. The pilot is weak but it really picks up with the 4th or 5th episode and it's a crime it didn't get another season.

Agreed, and Matt Ryan is one of the best casting decisions of any comic adaptation ever -- up there with Christopher Reeve, Robert Downey Jr., Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, and J.K. Simmons.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Agreed, and Matt Ryan is one of the best casting decisions of any comic adaptation ever -- up there with Christopher Reeve, Robert Downey Jr., Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, and J.K. Simmons.

The part in the prison, where he flips out and terrifies every other prisoner, that right there was when he cemented it that he was John Constantine.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
After posting about eariler in the thread about skipping to season four, I did finally watch the last of season 3. Which was a lot better then I was figuring, and it did help set up some events for this season, as I would never knew about who Daiman Darkh is suppose to be. As for this season I am liking a ton more then last season. Now to catch up on Flash, which I stopped at the same point last year. I do hope Isis got better, as she was Thea season 2 bad.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Rirse posted:

After posting about eariler in the thread about skipping to season four, I did finally watch the last of season 3. Which was a lot better then I was figuring, and it did help set up some events for this season, as I would never knew about who Daiman Darkh is suppose to be. As for this season I am liking a ton more then last season. Now to catch up on Flash, which I stopped at the same point last year. I do hope Isis got better, as she was Thea season 2 bad.

Iris was definitely annoying last season, but that gets better. Plus, the rest of the show only ramps up the awesomeness.

What I'm saying is: go watch The Flash!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

richardfun posted:

Iris was definitely annoying last season, but that gets better. Plus, the rest of the show only ramps up the awesomeness.

What I'm saying is: go watch The Flash!

As usual, keeping the love interest in the dark does the plot no favors.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Warmachine posted:

As usual, keeping the love interest in the dark does the plot no favors.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

richardfun posted:

Truer words have never been spoken.

Yes they have, like the entire thread said season three sucked :v:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Paul Blackthorn is ensuring Amell lives up to the previous thread's hiatus title.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

howe_sam posted:

I have no idea how John is going to wind up on that island, but goddamnit he's going to.

Nah.

"Ollie, how do you know this magician prick? Is this more of that 5 years in hell stuff you conveniently don't mention until it's relevant to our current case, and in oddly chronological order?"

"What? No. I know John from my playboy days. He use to hook us up with some wicked poo poo."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, Brad is in the past again!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

How did Thea and Laurel get Sara's coffin to Nanda Parbat? Also the dad from Teen Wolf being a literal deck of cards is hilarious to me

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thea is rich with Malcolm's money.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Well. That went poorly.

Has to be weird to get your rear end kicked by not-Gambit.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yep, still can't buy the whole Oliver/Felicity dynamic.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The whole card trick is slightly underwhelming when they are only embedding an inch into the skin, you'd think he'd have gone clean through with what the ads were displaying.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I'm pretty okay with Felicity laying down the law.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
There is the Felicity we all fell in love with.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Where was this Felicity last year?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
T Spheres!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005