Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://www.mangapanda.com/dragon-ball/511/13

It was Vegeta who said it not Goku. Woops.

e:

quote:

Vegeta: “Don’t hesitate for my sake, and finish him off! With that Super Saiyan 3, you should be able to completely wipe out Boo with your ki once you gather it with all your might…!”
Goku: “Ye…yeah…I’ve been thinking of doing that as well since awhile back, but…I haven’t gotten the chance.”
Vegeta: “Eh?”
Goku: “If I want to wipe him out, I gotta gather ki for about one minute.”
Vegeta: “One minute?!”
Goku: “Dammnit~~~If it was with the Potara, I could have done it in one blast. …..Cheh~~~I guess I went and showed off too much. But I thought things would go a little better than this…!”
Vegeta: “…S …So you weren’t thinking of me…”

Kild fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Also piccolo deserves an assist for final form Frieza by getting murdered while the Spirit Bomb charged.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kild posted:

http://www.mangapanda.com/dragon-ball/511/13

It was Vegeta who said it not Goku. Woops.

e:

Yeah but then goku can't power up because he's not used to the transformation when he's alive.

Vegeta is saying that goku should be capable of beating kid buu at full power which is possible and matches what I said goku said about his fight with fat buu (kid buu beats up fat buu but is weaker than super buu, btw). Goku replies that he wasted too much time when they were vegito

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It was a dub thing they added upon googling it apparently.

Uh how could Vegito have wasted time...? He was showing off SSJ3 in front of Vegeta who asked him to.

That Fat Buu is also basically just the Kais he absorbed. The Kais increased Buus power but left him in the gentle fat form so the original Majin Buu should be stronger than Kid Buu.

Kild fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 17, 2015

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm remembering anime filler, but

Namtab posted:

I'm not going to dismiss filler that doesn't contradict the mang as non-canon

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

He wasn't talking about Vegito at all outside mentioning how much stronger he was compared to himself. Even if Vegito took a whole year to get eaten it doesn't matter in that context. Time was not a factor in anything except Goku being SSJ3.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So the guy as strong as zarbon was I think fish guy who got exploded out of the glass window on freizas ship when freezer decided he didn't like his poo poo. Other guy was not mentioned and apparently got hilariously strong in 4 months under the training.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

everything is canon forever welcome to the grand tour super saiyan bardock

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Is Resurrection F available to rent online somewhere? I thought I read that it was, but I can't find it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kild posted:

That Fat Buu is also basically just the Kais he absorbed. The Kais increased Buus power but left him in the gentle fat form so the original Majin Buu should be stronger than Kid Buu.

I think it was implied that even if Fat Buu technically has more power, Kid Buu is more dangerous due to the way he fights (wild/unpredictable attacks, you can't stall him for time, etc).

Namtab posted:

You're misremembering. What goku said was that he could have beaten fat buu but he wanted the kids to do it instead.

Hahaha, what? Does he mean this in a hypothetical "if I had more time as SSJ3" or just "if I wanted to"? Because if it's the latter that has to be one of the dumbest things Goku has done and directly resulted in Buu killing almost all his loved ones + the human race in the interim.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I think it was implied that even if Fat Buu technically has more power, Kid Buu is more dangerous due to the way he fights (wild/unpredictable attacks, you can't stall him for time, etc).

Hahaha, what? Does he mean this in a hypothetical "if I had more time as SSJ3" or just "if I wanted to"? Because if it's the latter that has to be one of the dumbest things Goku has done and directly resulted in Buu killing almost all his loved ones + the human race in the interim.

Yeah he said that and thats why he taught Goten + Trunks fusion and went SJJ3 for 2 minutes to burn up all his time.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

having rewatched ROF with some pals: man that movies pacing is hosed

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

i read the trailer and watched the synopsis and it sounded bad so i dont care about it at all

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

i actually havnt cared to watch any of the newer movies and shows im still in the grand tour of things

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I liked Resurrection F. It wasn't an amazing film, but it was a good DBZ film. Then again, I saw it in theater and that does effect my experience.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Everyone in the theater had a good time when I went, even for the goofy as gently caress stuff with the english dub vas before the movie started

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

He basically felt that people shouldn't be relying on a dead man to save the world, but that the next generation should be trained to do it instead. It basically would have worked if super buu hadn't become a thing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Namtab posted:

He basically felt that people shouldn't be relying on a dead man to save the world, but that the next generation should be trained to do it instead. It basically would have worked if super buu hadn't become a thing.

or if his children werent so incompetent

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It's great how Goku is back to saving the world now anyway

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I like ROF because Master Roshi got to fight and was useful in a fight where Yamcha and Chiaotzu weren't even invited for being too weak.

Roshi is the best. More Roshi fights in Super.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just hurry up and give me Jaco episodes in english and I will start watching Super again and feel like RoF was justified.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Aurora posted:

It's great how Goku is back to saving the world now anyway

When I first watched Dragon Ball Z I felt Goku was being pretty freaking dumb at the time (even for Goku).

I don't even feel glad to have been right; it was pretty freaking obvious by the very nature of the show. It would be like if the Power Rangers just up and decided the U.S. Military was just gonna have to sort out these giant monster problems.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Well Goku does have a point that people can't just rely on him. That's partially why mostly everyone was killed in the variations of the Future Trunks timelines, where Goku died permanently way earlier than anyone expected, and before his friends were anywhere near his level.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Well Goku does have a point that people can't just rely on him. That's partially why mostly everyone was killed in the variations of the Future Trunks timelines, where Goku died permanently way earlier than anyone expected, and before his friends were anywhere near his level.

I agree with this now but when I was younger I woulda just pointed out that in a world with magic wish granting balls this is really just an argument for keeping Goku alive and healthy at all costs.

You know... Just taste the immortality Goku. Just a little taste.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I think Goku doesn't want to be immortal. Like, he always has the option, he was offered godhood many times, and, in the non-canon future, he choses to have one final battle instead of wishing for youth. Goku just wants to be the strongest martial artist and have fun, I don't think he really cares or aspires to be more than that.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Some leaked things from the Dragon Ball Super manga, potentially, if translations are correct...

http://www.shonengamez.com/2015/10/17/dbs-chapter-5-spoilers-ssgss-name-change-female-whis-name-revealed-beerus-relation-to-champa/ posted:

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is renamed to "Super Saiyan Blue." Goku bit his tongue trying to say SSGSS over and over, prompting Whis to change the name.

Girl-Whis is named "Vados," and it seems Champa is actually weaker than Beerus, his twin brother. Furthermore, Vados is stronger than Whis by a little bit.

Multiverse Tournament! Winner keeps U7 Earth, because U6 Earth was ruined. 5 fighters from each universe will be in.

Whis: “As mentioned Champa-sama is from the 6th universe and the 6th and 7th universes are somewhat like Twins.”

“Or you could treat it as the front and back. For example, the 1st and 12th Universes or the 2nd and 11th Universes. Basically the related universes number will always add up to 13, that’s another way you can tell which universes are twin universes.”

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Whis gets better and better.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So that more or less locks it as Goku, Vegeta, Beerus, Whis, and ????

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I hope those splinters are implemented in the anime because I love tournament arcs. I think they're great. I gulp them down!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

projecthalaxy posted:

I hope those splinters are implemented in the anime because I love tournament arcs. I think they're great. I gulp them down!

Those are the only arcs the likes of Krillin can show off in, so hell yeah.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

TheKingofSprings posted:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
SSGSS Gotenks

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The dub better localize it as Super Cyan.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Raxivace posted:

The dub better localize it as Super Cyan.

Actually the term is Blueper Saiyan or Nakama

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really enjoy the idea of a super form being renamed because Goku can't say it.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
I'm partial to super saiyan with blue hair dye myself. Freezer got that right.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Super Cyan Gohan probably.

Naturally, he will be the team member to get stomped to establish the others as a true threat.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

The Earth is the prize in all of this, so it's obviously time for the Champ to save it again. Satan for the fifth man. Versus mirror universe Satan as Champa's fifth man.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skaw posted:

The Earth is the prize in all of this, so it's obviously time for the Champ to save it again. Satan for the fifth man. Versus mirror universe Satan as Champa's fifth man.

But Champ is in the other universe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Waiting for the universe where Goku was never born and humans had to stand up and kick some serious rear end on their own two feet.

• Locked thread