Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

They really went all out on The World's redesign :effort:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

White + Gold is a nice colour scheme for him at least.
gently caress knows what happened to DIO though.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Aurain posted:

gently caress knows what happened to DIO though.
I'd say colloidal silver but I don't know if silver harms vamps in the Jojoverse.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
It's just his Kefka costume for Halloween

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
At some point I want to learn the alien origin of stands that was teased at in part 5.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
The color scheme kinda reminds me of the SMT Metatron design but that's probably a funny coincidence.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Aurain posted:

Heaven DIO - "The World Over Heaven".

I don't know what to say about this design, but the Stand Name is great. :allears:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It don't really look like an Araki's design, more like they told Araki videogame final boss.

I really hope they can take advantage of. Move set that a true God DIO would own. Also hope he take on the form after absorbing all 4 playable Dios and eating the Pillar men.
I love the person who mentioned Star Platinum Requiem, DIO deserves to end up in the looping ORA dimension

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Star Platinum Requiem actually forces the victim to listen to demeaning one liners in a constantly resetting loop until their spirit is completely broken, it's an undervalued but pretty critical part of Jotaro's skillset

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It don't really look like an Araki's design, more like they told Araki videogame final boss.

I really hope they can take advantage of. Move set that a true God DIO would own. Also hope he take on the form after absorbing all 4 playable Dios and eating the Pillar men.
I love the person who mentioned Star Platinum Requiem, DIO deserves to end up in the looping ORA dimension

Compared to basically everything Araki's designed from Part 5 onwards at least, I would hazard a guess at Araki not being involved in the design of this whatsoever. He's said to be involved with the story but it's probably to the extent of "This is something I was planning to use myself for X or Y or This isn't really applicable to the JoJo universe and yeah that's fine, go ahead."

I'm gonna guess at The World Over Heaven having utter and complete time control. Stop/Pause, Rewind, Fast Forward, Travel and to beat him, you're going to have all 8 JoJos stop him doing specific things.

He also looks like the Ultimate Warrior.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I can't believe there hasn't been a main Jojo villain whose power is freezing things and they end up evolving their Stand to the point where they can freeze time.

That seems Araki enough to have been a thing by now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I can't believe there hasn't been a main Jojo villain whose power is freezing things and they end up evolving their Stand to the point where they can freeze time.

Well, Dio does have ice powers in Phantom Blood.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You could reasonably argue that Dio did that in his transition from vampire to vampire with a stand.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aurain posted:

Well, Dio does have ice powers in Phantom Blood.

ChaosArgate posted:

You could reasonably argue that Dio did that in his transition from vampire to vampire with a stand.

Well played, Araki. :golfclap:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the important part is that we need to start trying to update the Husband Chart to figure out where heaven dio goes

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

the important part is that we need to start trying to update the Husband Chart to figure out where heaven dio goes

God DIO exists in three separate states at once, Dio, DIO, and the Holy Diver

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

I'd say somewhere between Alessi and the Feng Shui guy ...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I want Eyes of Heaven 2 to deal with an alternate universe where Dio was a noble ripple master and Johnathan was an evil vampire.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I want Eyes of Heaven 2 to deal with an alternate universe where Dio was a noble ripple master and Johnathan was an evil vampire.

I think I read something along the lines of that concept, an alternate story where Dio put the mask of Jonathan like he planned

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ekusukariba posted:

I think I read something along the lines of that concept, an alternate story where Dio put the mask of Jonathan like he planned

Yes, Dio put the mask on Jonathan and the latter ran away trying to avoid giving in to his bloodthrist. Eventually, he ends up turning Dio into a vampire anyway.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Aurain posted:

He also looks like the Ultimate Warrior.
Glad I'm not the only person to think this.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i like Heaven DIO's look, though it does seem a bit out of line with current Araki

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Ekusukariba posted:

It's this one: http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/jojos-bizarre-adventure-towa-ni-shinu-made-doujinshi-r12979

It would be interesting to see sequels where the Zeppellis and their friends have to stop Kars, Enya, and Diavolo without the Joestar bloodline to help them..

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I hope none of the dios trust eachother

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

We need a game with an all-dio cast.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Gender Swapped Part 6 Dio in jail would be amazing

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

ascalapha odorata posted:

We need a game with an all-dio cast.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My name is (you don't need to remember) D-Yo.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Missed this earlier.

ascalapha odorata posted:

E: bad seafood, with tonio was it all natural ability that turned it into a stand or was it also the motivator of his sick partner?
Eh, six one way, half-a-dozen the other.

The key thing to take away here is that Tonio naturally developed a stand based off his cooking prowess without 1.) being born with a stand or 2.) having a stand artificially forced upon him. Whether motivated by his love or built up through sheer talent, that stand is a product of his efforts of a chef.

That said, the more likely sequence of events seems to have been Tonio developing a stand, trying to use his newfound power to save his lover, then scouring the world for the perfect ingredients to do so, ultimately leading him to the small town of Morioh.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Pomp posted:

I hope none of the dios trust eachother

I especially want Scary Monsters Diego to think they're all weird psychos since he's arguably the least douchey, either that or just loving bail on them.

Or God DIO might just kill all of them off because they're competition or whatever.

Honestly, I think The World Over Heaven might be able to gently caress with the timeline(s) and that's why all that weird time nonsense is going on in the storyline (Speedwagon showing up when SDC should have ended, Rohan finding DIO's diary somehow, etc). It's a very Araki thing to do, plus it's a convenient way to bring every character together. Maybe he's in the process of getting rid of every timeline where he doesn't win? I guess we'll see. :allears:

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

White Album sorta did this.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That new Dio is pretty gross looking

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Heaven Dio looks and seems like a bad fanfic OC and yet I am eagerly awaiting to play as/fight him.

God drat you, Araki.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

like all things jojo's it somehow makes perfect sense given the source material

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Heaven Dio looks and seems like a bad fanfic OC and yet I am eagerly awaiting to play as/fight him.

God drat you, Araki.

He seems like a bad fanfic OC as written by DIO, which is even better imo.

EDIT: That'd be pretty funny, now that I'm thinking about it. "DIO realizes he's in a shounen manga and tries to rewrite how JoJo's Bizarre Adventure went" would be something I'd watch. It doesn't even sound that far-fetched, considering.

BaDandy fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 17, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

BaDandy posted:

He seems like a bad fanfic OC as written by DIO, which is even better imo.

EDIT: That'd be pretty funny, now that I'm thinking about it. "DIO realizes he's in a shounen manga and tries to rewrite how JoJo's Bizarre Adventure went" would be something I'd watch. It doesn't even sound that far-fetched, considering.

Realizing he's in a shonen manga, DIO gets Pucci to coerce Araki into letting him win. Araki, realizing what a threat he could be, makes the story into a video game via his Stand power. Only too late did DIO realize that this would mean he was eternally subject to being beaten by skilled players who picked up the game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

like all things jojo's it somehow makes perfect sense given the source material

I agree, the new lovely JoJo game deserves ashitty new Dio to complement it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Realizing he's in a shonen manga, DIO gets Pucci to coerce Araki into letting him win. Araki, realizing what a threat he could be, makes the story into a video game via his Stand power. Only too late did DIO realize that this would mean he was eternally subject to being beaten by skilled players who picked up the game.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

The circle is now complete.