Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Bavius posted:

Orkawesome

Super cool. I wish I could get my Tau looking anywhere near that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Bavius posted:

I am super stoked to have won you over, thank you! You can see some closer shots here, from the painting thread:

Glad this won, it looks amazing.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Been putting off painting too long:
I WhiteOutMouse Oath 4x War Dancer, 1x Dancing Master, 1x Skorza Skirmisher and 1x Gregorio don Sissora Cool Mini or Not, 32mm.

I think the spooky thing is quite obvious with these vampire/werewolf models, but the Gregorio model especially since he has a Nosferatu/Voldemort face.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oath Complete! Claiming the horror vote, maybe?

Whole Crowd!

Closeup of One Shot. Her Relic Knights model got me into Soda Pop minis.

My horror entry. Black and white giant wolf, though it does look more grey scale than traditional stark black-and-white. Could have went with the highlights on the face coming from below. Spoooky mask, and was going for a Princess Mononoke look with the blood on the face. Not entirely sure I nailed it given the chibi nature of the model, but oh well. Eyes came out decent, though could have used more contrast between the different shades of green I used.

In "things I painted that I should have oathed" this month. :(

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Finally got my Kings of War stuff this morning, so time to start oathing.

I, drgnvale, oath for the month of October 40 zombies, 28mm Mantic games:

I plan to cut the round bases off their feet before painting and basing, but I wanted to take the picture before they became even more of an indistinguishable blob of plastic.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition!
Two copies of a Ninja, from Bushido/Rise of the Kage in 28mm

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, twice shamed, do oath to paint for the month of October

3 Barrow Wardens, an Order of the Scourge Hellknight, an Anti Paladin, and an Order of the Nail Hellknight by Reaper (25mm)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Signal posted:

Oath Addition!

Speed Painting Completed! Sleep is for the weak.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETE

head58 posted:

I, head58, Oath these little dudes for October: 1 Basilisk Drake and 1 Basilisk Krea, 40mm Skorne beasts from Privateer Press.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Here we are again! The entries for the anime thing for Relic Knights are...

Ledgem
Moths
Signal
Idolent Bastard
Zark the Damned
NTRabbit

I will randomly roll this weekend. If anybody is not on the list and you think you should be, you must quote your completed oath somewhere below this post. Also, to run this poo poo into the ground, you must include a haiku.
I will most likely send the package sometime in November cause god drat does work suck.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (1) Flesh Golem! Reaper Bones, 28mm. As is becoming something of a habit for me this thread, I'll be converting it to look more spooOOookyy and reposting the results soon.

Oath Addition! I'm adding (1) Werewolf to this month (Reaper Bones, 28mm).

I'll also be making some minor conversion to this dude, and will post the results along with the conversion I'm making to my first mini.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for October 2015:
3 large Skeleton dudes from an unknown (Russian?) manufacturer, 40mm scale?
Nethyrmaul the Undying, 28mm from Reaper

Not started painting yet (glue on bases is still drying), that's just the plastic colour. Also some gluing and filling left to do on the big guy.

EDIT: My brain is dumb (I blame my cold) and I forgot to include the time zone. I'll re-oath with corrected pics tomorrow (undercoat is still drying on the skellies, at least I haven't started painting yet!)

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 17, 2015

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
http://orokos.com/roll/334382

And the winner is... Moths! In celebration I watched the opening to Jem and... god drat was it a product of its time.

I'll send a private message to you soon!

LordAba posted:

Here we are again! The entries for the anime thing for Relic Knights are...

Ledgem
Moths
Signal
Idolent Bastard
Zark the Damned
NTRabbit

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Holy poo poo! I'll PM back!

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Zark the Damned posted:

Don't forget to use the world time server: Soman edition
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_AS.aspx

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yeah, I just spotted that myself. The undercoat is drying so I'll take new shots tomorrow with the time zone etc.

Untimely Brigand
Mar 28, 2007
Oath Complete!

Untimely Brigand posted:

I, Untimely Brigand, oath that I will paint the following 1/72 scale miniatures for October: 6 Airfix Sheriff of Nottingham figures, 4 Accurate Hundred Years War English Men-At-Arms, 1 Airfix Robin Hood figure.

They shall all be painted to be spooky undead creatures!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Let's try this again.

(date/time is easier to read in the full image if you open it in a new tab or something)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I, Indolent Bastard, Oath 3 Mantic skeletons 28mm

Germ
May 7, 2013

:siren: OATH ADDITION! :siren:

See these 3 28mm Eldar jetbikes by GW? See this big ol' gargoyle thing by Reaper Bones? I'm gonna paint them. All. Over. With paint. This month.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

Did the theme challenge with that super spooky ghost.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren:Oath Addition!:siren:
One Warchild, still from Wrath of Kings (CMON). Got bored of not painting as the werewolf took only a couple of days.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

OATH COMPLETE

TECHNICAL
BOX ART

http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/shop/index.php/miniatures/stephanie-law-masterworks/muse-erato.html

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath addition! I add these two objective markers to my October Oath!
I took this picture yesterday but forgot to post it, I hope it's okay.

Almost done with what I've oathed so far and there's still a week left, plenty of time to get some more done.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, belatedly oath to paint these ten Mantic Skeletons for October

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (1) Flesh Golem! Reaper Bones, 28mm. As is becoming something of a habit for me this thread, I'll be converting it to look more spooOOookyy and reposting the results soon.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I'll also be making some minor conversion to this dude, and will post the results along with the conversion I'm making to my first mini.

Okay, finally adding the converted versions of these two miniatures to my Oath:

Now I just need to build the base. /ugh

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I, jodai, do oath these things: Creature from the Black Lagoon Blood Reef (Reaper Bones, 28 mm), Alt Sonnia Criid and Watcher (Wyrd Malifaux, 32 mm).

I'm going to try the black and white treatment of the Creature. This should be fun!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren:

Untimely Brigand posted:

I, Untimely Brigand, oath that I will paint the following 1/72 scale miniatures for October: 6 Airfix Sheriff of Nottingham figures, 4 Accurate Hundred Years War English Men-At-Arms, 1 Airfix Robin Hood figure.

They shall all be painted to be spooky undead creatures!

moths posted:

I, moths, oath for October:a Dark Elf standard bearer and Sigvald the Magnificent (GW, 28mm) and Major Prime Victoria Haley (PP, 32mm) (3 models)

I haven't figured out how I'm doing the standard, but I'll oath-addition / update if its anything more complex than a painted piece of paper.

Danimo posted:

Oath addition: these three minis that I think are from Warhammer Fantasy? or maybe Mordheim? They are definitely GW, but they were given to me in a box of random GW minis and I'm just gonna paint them to use in Frostgrave

LazyAngel posted:

For the month of October, I, LazyAngel, oath Duke Anton don Genoria, from Wrath of Kings by CMoN (32mm)

Primed with Army Painter Leather Brown - it's not just a magnificent failure of the colour balance on my phone.

Weirdo posted:

:getin:For the month of October, I, Weirdo, oath one 'Eyebeast' and 'Gorgon 'from the Bones Reaper line, along with one Half-orc necromancer from Stonehaven minis (both 28mm).

Grey Hunter posted:

Although I'm sure no one would ever have noticed - Oath Addition

1 10mm, Hawk Wargames, Dropzone commander plastic legionary, to take part in a minor conversion.

I shall call him George.

drgnvale posted:

Finally got my Kings of War stuff this morning, so time to start oathing.

I, drgnvale, oath for the month of October 40 zombies, 28mm Mantic games:

I plan to cut the round bases off their feet before painting and basing, but I wanted to take the picture before they became even more of an indistinguishable blob of plastic.

Signal posted:

Oath Addition!

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, twice shamed, do oath to paint for the month of October

3 Barrow Wardens, an Order of the Scourge Hellknight, an Anti Paladin, and an Order of the Nail Hellknight by Reaper (25mm)

head58 posted:

OATH COMPLETE

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Zark the Damned posted:

Let's try this again.

(date/time is easier to read in the full image if you open it in a new tab or something)

Indolent Bastard posted:

I, Indolent Bastard, Oath 3 Mantic skeletons 28mm

Germ posted:

:siren: OATH ADDITION! :siren:

See these 3 28mm Eldar jetbikes by GW? See this big ol' gargoyle thing by Reaper Bones? I'm gonna paint them. All. Over. With paint. This month.

LazyAngel posted:

:siren:Oath Addition!:siren:
One Warchild, still from Wrath of Kings (CMON). Got bored of not painting as the werewolf took only a couple of days.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Oath addition! I add these two objective markers to my October Oath!
I took this picture yesterday but forgot to post it, I hope it's okay.

Almost done with what I've oathed so far and there's still a week left, plenty of time to get some more done.

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, belatedly oath to paint these ten Mantic Skeletons for October

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Okay, finally adding the converted versions of these two miniatures to my Oath:

Now I just need to build the base. /ugh

jodai posted:

I, jodai, do oath these things: Creature from the Black Lagoon Blood Reef (Reaper Bones, 28 mm), Alt Sonnia Criid and Watcher (Wyrd Malifaux, 32 mm).

I'm going to try the black and white treatment of the Creature. This should be fun!

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Been putting off painting too long:
I WhiteOutMouse Oath 4x War Dancer, 1x Dancing Master, 1x Skorza Skirmisher and 1x Gregorio don Sissora Cool Mini or Not, 32mm.

I think the spooky thing is quite obvious with these vampire/werewolf models, but the Gregorio model especially since he has a Nosferatu/Voldemort face.

Oaths Accepted! Many apologies for being AWOL the past...well, for any length of time at all really. Been putting in some long hours at the day job, working/being away weekends and doing commission work in the evenings so I've been pretty out of it lately. But I'm catching up! I'll collect all the September Oaths this week and prepare the photo album for the Judges.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 26, 2015

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You missed my oath addition over here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&pagenumber=29&perpage=40#post451206565

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Electric Hobo posted:

Another Oath Addition!
1 Kelt Musician and 1 Kelt Standard Bearer.
From Rackham.

Oath Accepted!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of October, 1 privateer press Cygnar Hunter Light Jack

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATHING: One soda pop miniatures Super Dungeon Explore dracula!

Aim here is to finish within 24 hours for speedpainting and also because this month has been so busy and will continue to be that it's all the time I've got.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath maybe complete?

Doublepost... I hope this is alright? I'm heading out of town tomorrow and JUST finished the model.

Challenge: Black and white Classic Monster

Speed Painting

I hope this is all fine.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Alright, got a small Halloween Vacation coming up, and so I was able to finish my oath at the final hour. Obviously, no bases attached because I don't plan on getting my Dragonforge bases in for a couple more months.

I will say I am very happy with the result here despite it being the most tedious job so far. The only thing I am dissatisfied with is my transfer job on the tactical markings, but the micropens I bought turned out to be useful for drawing the roman numeral one on them despite my shaky hands on a few.

A couple establishing pics. Proof that I painted all 10, and a wide shot of the magnetized options for the Sergeant and Special Weapons Marine.

Close ups.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Oath Complete!

Claiming jurnal for the spooky spiders, bats and army of the dead!

Terrifying bat swarms

Blood sucking spiders!

Terrifying ghosts of army of the dead (made these from left over pieces of miscasts)

Easterling Cataphracts to (maybe) chase them all away

Group shot

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
:skeltal: Oath Complete! :skeltal:

Doing the Technical Challenge for this month, which I've once again taken literally: classic monsters in black & white!

(Obviously I didn't paint the large blast template, that's just in there to prove that this is a color photo of a B&W object. Also pictured are the mold lines I just couldn't remove because Bones.)

And now I'm going to look for some classic Universal monster flicks! Full album, including closeups on our stars, is here.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Oath (basically) complete!

It's a literal horde of zombies!

That's 40 loving zombies, wow!

Sometimes they fight each other :smith:

This guy is a technical challenge because he looks like he might have been in a bad 50s zombie movie!

The models are "done" as far as painting goes, but I'm not going to have time paint the two bases and permanently attach the zombies (which will involve a little painting to hide any glue frosting or damage from clipping off the integrated bases), so I've temporarily attached them to the unpainted bases to give a sense of what they will look like once I have a free weekend to dedicate to the bases.

BobFish
Jan 16, 2004

Believe: The Sequel - This time it really will happen
Oath Complete

The whole gang.

Gargoyles hanging, putting out the vibe.

VanHalfling looking pleased with himself.

Better view of his ex skeleton buddy.

If these count for the theme then hooray, but I'm not challenging for anything so it's not a big deal if they don't.

BobFish fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 30, 2015

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

Vampires

Marauder Dropships.

Screamer (and whats left of George.)

Harbinger class dropship.

Raider Class dropship.

Bus and Bear.

t[img]http://i.imgur.com/Nbphk68.jpg[/timg]
The Hazard Suits and Flack infantry. Really pleased with how these have come out.

And, as an aside, here is a Marauder I painted a couple of years ago for the oath thread. I really think I've improved since then! I'm shifting the colour scheme a little, but I'm kinda stuck with what I started with!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Looking for some clarifications on November's jurnal. Having some issues trying to properly plan for this one.

"" posted:

November: Harvest Time! Oranges and yellows are the theme! ORRR go with Day of the Dead as your theme
technical challenge: your choice! paint orange and red leaves on your model OR paint some skulls (actual paint 2D skulls, not just painted model skulls)
theme challenge: your choice! harvest time celebrations OR Day of the Dead (Google it)

For the leaves, is it like the skulls that they need to be 2D painted or is painting modeled leaves fall colors acceptable as part of this?

Similar question on the harvest fest part of the theme. How much of it is sticking with the oranges and yellows mentioned in the main line for November vs. doing some sort of harvest festival activity?

• Locked thread