Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
I, the Supreme Court, oath one Skorne master tormentor Morghoul (28mm) for October

Wow, that's my first oath this year. I'm doing very badly!

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Not as badly as me (unless you fail this one. Then you are!)

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath a mummy from Reaper Bones and Erato from Dark Sword Miniatures for the month of October

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
OATH COMPLETE!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Land Speeder will be done tonight, so I am going to oath my first tactical squad since I painted my first models last year. Going to make a Sergeant and Special Weapons Marine with ALL the extra options. Unsure if I should make these guys part of the 3rd Company as opposed to the 2nd. I am thinking of doing a mix of many different companies instead of running pure 2nd. Thoughts?

Oath Addition, Ultramarine Tactical Squad.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Soul Porter and a spoooooky gravestone. Soul Porter is a dual faction Ten Thunders/Resurrectionist model from Wyrd's Malifaux, while the gravestone is from Plastcraft Games Japanese Grave Set.

Please let me know if the gravestone won't count for "something spooky".

Uroboros posted:

I, Uroboros, oath one Space Marine Land Speeder.

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath one converted Ork Trukk for October! (28mm, GW)

Danimo posted:

Can I add another Thrall Warrior to my Oath if it only has a bit of paint on it? I put a coat of MSP Dirty Bone on the skull and bony bits a day before I found this thread.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of October four bases of Valkyries, a Hades walker and one Battlebus. All for Dropzone Commander by Hawk Wargames, 10mm scale [/URL]

counterspin posted:

I oath 12 Praetorian Swordesmen from the Skorne faction of Hordes

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint (1) Flesh Golem! Reaper Bones, 28mm. As is becoming something of a habit for me this thread, I'll be converting it to look more spooOOookyy and reposting the results soon.

Germ posted:

Yea! - thanks a million! It was really fun to paint.

October Oath

Hey - see this Eldar Wave Serpent? By GW? I'm totally going to paint it. This month. In fact, I'm so serious, that I OATH it.

Signal posted:

A Solemn Oath:
Ten veteran guards from Rise of the Kage, by GCT Studios in 28mm

BobFish posted:

I BobFish hereby oath for October:

3 Gargoyles - Mantic, 28mm
1 VanHalfling - Heresy Miniatures, 28mm

Electric Hobo posted:

Also, Oath addition!
1 Ghost
. From the Reaper Bones line.

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey Hunter, oath for the month of October: A bunch of Dropzone commander stuff - 10mm, Hawk Games.

1 Screamer, the nightmare of Infantry.
1 Raider class dropship.
1 Harbinger class dropship.
3 Marauder class dropships.
4 Vampires.
1 Bear APC
1 Bus
12 Flak teams
12 Hazard Suits

I got a good haul at Invasion.....

head58 posted:

I, head58, Oath these little dudes for October: 1 Basilisk Drake and 1 Basilisk Krea, 40mm Skorne beasts from Privateer Press.

Leperflesh posted:

October Oath
I oath five stands of Epic Eldar rangers.

The Supreme Court posted:

I, the Supreme Court, oath one Skorne master tormentor Morghoul (28mm) for October

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath a mummy from Reaper Bones and Erato from Dark Sword Miniatures for the month of October

Uroboros posted:

Land Speeder will be done tonight, so I am going to oath my first tactical squad since I painted my first models last year. Going to make a Sergeant and Special Weapons Marine with ALL the extra options. Unsure if I should make these guys part of the 3rd Company as opposed to the 2nd. I am thinking of doing a mix of many different companies instead of running pure 2nd. Thoughts?

Oath Addition, Ultramarine Tactical Squad.

I was busy all weekend and away from the computer yesterday, but OATHS ACCEPTED!!

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Neat

Oath complete!

Just under 24 hours, so I'm going to claim speed painting. :coolfish:

The Supreme Court posted:

Better pictures:

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 6, 2015

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For October I, Galaspar, oath one Chaos Space Marine

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Galaspar posted:

For October I, Galaspar, oath one Chaos Space Marine

Oath Accepted!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: Attention all KR Multicase painted case contest participants! :siren:

lilljonas posted:

KR Multicase. I use it to carry my samurai armies a lot, so I painted the Tokugawa heraldric sign on it.

moths posted:

...and finally this :krad: KR Multicase:

This is a pattern used by the Polish in the 30's. It was mostly retired by WW2, but it's really pretty so there you are. I'm really glad this came up, or I'd never have tried painting my case and now I'm totally glad I did.

Zark the Damned posted:

KR Case. Went with a watercolour style inked design copied from a GW banner as it'll most likely be used for small units from my DOW army. Pretty happy with how this turned out!

Schmetterling posted:

Finally, my KR Multicase!

I used heavy gloss gel (aka my water effect goop) mixed with light brown acrylic paint to create a textured, wood-grain-like surface. This was washed with a darker, more reddish brown acrylic paint, and then the boards were lined in black. I made the nails from greenstuff lumps and painted them with Boltgun Metal as there weren't too many of them. The back and sides of the case have been painted with plain black acrylic paint.

Here's the case In Battle at the weekly Malifaux night! I'll take photos of my actual minis when I play a game too, don't worry

Indolent Bastard posted:

1 KR Multicase

Claiming special KR contest Can anyone identify the markings without Google's help?

Signal posted:

For my KR Multicase, I decided to go for the Box Art Challenge, and duplicate the art on the cover of the rulebook. It was really labor intensive, but I'm glad to have done it.

NTRabbit posted:

Claiming KR Competition, can anyone guess what I painted? :v:

As I mentioned last week after Indolent Bastard asked about this contest, I brought the photos of your amazing work to the Derby World Wargames show last weekend and spoke with the awesome owner of KR, Daryl. My intention was to show him the photos of your cases and let him choose the winner.

Unfortunately, and this is me being totally truthful to my own detriment, I actually missed a couple of the photos while going through the June Oaths! egads! However, I told you Daryl is awesome, and to prove it he said that he loved all the work and couldn't actually pick a winner - so you're ALL getting a KR Aquila case! :)

So what happens next? Unless you've sent me your details recently (since the start of this Oath Thread), please drop me an email at krushgroove169 @gmail.com with your full name and mailing address so your case can be sent to you. Please also let me know if you're OK with KR sharing your name with your case photo on their Facebook page! Unless you say so, I'll assume you are OK with them sharing the picture and your name. You are also welcome to send me a photo of your case without your username in it.

And just to remind you all of who and what KR Multcase is:

KR Multicase
Returning thread sponsor!
Their Facebook page

KR Multicase are world-famous for their durable and cost-effective cardboard cases filled with soft blue foam inserts, as well as their huge range of carry cases, and have supported the Something Awful Oath Thread since it started! Remember: Soft foam for figures, hard cases for soft foam! If you order anything from KR Multicase, please add a note that lets them know you've been referred by the Something Awful Oath Thread, and thank them for their support!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 6, 2015

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

krushgroove posted:

Unfortunately, and this is me being totally truthful to my own detriment, I actually missed a couple of the photos while going through the June Oaths! egads! However, I told you Daryl is awesome, and to prove it he said that he can't actually pick a winner - so you're ALL getting a KR Aquila case! :)

Now I'm even more annoyed with myself for not doing this! :P

Really nice gesture from Daryl there, will have to swing by his stand at Warfare and say hi again. Grey & I had a little chat with him last year about the oath thread while collecting an order.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Definitely tell him you deeply appreciate his support! He's a great guy. Met his wife at the show and I'm sure his mother as well. I had to be a super nerd and show him most of my collection of KR cases:

(not shown are at least 2 or 3 single cases and a Kaiser 3 studded with GW pins)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
drat, that's a classy move on Daryl's part. I'll be buying some more of their foam soon enough - kicking myself that I didn't paint a case up!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:woop:

That's unpredictably generous! What a boss sponsor!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Oath Complete

So as I post these pictures I noticed I missed a minor detail on one of the shoulder pads, but I will go back and get it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

KR are the best! :woop:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

That's awesome, KR are awesome :)

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
i, nesbit37, oath for October, 60, 10mm harad cataphract (gualum cavalry with armored horse by Old Glory), and for the month's spooky challenge, 9 spiders by Pendraken (10mm), 6 giant bat swarms by games workshop (10mm), and 3 stands of what will be for a unit of the Army of the Dead that I made out of a bunch of miscast parts from random games workshop 10mm BoFA figures.

Slimnoid posted:

:siren: August Judgement! :siren:

First Place: Nesbit37, 3pts

The whole group of Ents are great, but this guy really popped out to me. Your use of glow effects and the look of terror and pain really adds a lot of character to such a small piece!

Yay, first judge points, thanks!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Signal's KR case is so drat good I'm glad I didn't embarrass myself with an attempt.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Hmmm... Time to escalate my foam buying plans for my Eldar army. KR Multicase going above and beyond the call of duty like that doesn't surprise me ( because they are consistently awesome and supportive of the community), but it never fails to impress me. Gonna order lots of foam and tell them the SA Oath thread sent me.

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

:havlat::havlat::havlat:AUGUST JUDGEMENT:havlat::havlat::havlat:

1 Point: Electric Hobo

Your actual lighting in this shot is lovely, it is true, but it only works so well because of the painted lighting effect. The rocks on the back wall are my favorite, they are fully tangible, exaggerating the depth of the sculpt in a natural way. Our adventurer friend is looking pretty sharp too, the dark shadows make the bright saturation of his clothes really eye-catching.

2 Points: SRM

This is an absolutely iconic model and it’s very satisfying to see your handling of it. Every detail looks great, and the colors are well distributed between each. The somewhat cheeky (narrative-forging?) addition of the shield I think ties him into the deathwing aesthetic nicely, as well as the little icon on his back which is so crisp, good god man how that is crisp.

3 Points: Bavius

Grand to behold! A really inventive ork scheme, for some reason I am really enjoying the deep blood red of the various lenses next to the faded pinkish red paint on the armor. It’s daring and totally works. The various camouflages across the armor are wonderful, the blue and green sit nicely next to each other. I wish I had some closeups, the graffiti and number markings look great even from a distance.

Technical Challenge Point: Schmetterling

This series has an amazing graphic look that just kills me. It’s pretty cool how on one side they have a high-contrast monochromatic light show, and on the other the full scheme is legible and not muddied by shadow. Like the light is being cast in an already well-lit environment, which isn’t a look often approached.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I stayed out of the KR case painting contest because I thought I wouldn't win and went against the whole idea of this thread, which is try something new! Ah, well, definitely oathing when I get home.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Uroboros posted:

Signal's KR case is so drat good I'm glad I didn't embarrass myself with an attempt.

I can certainly understand the sentiment but it's the taking part that *should* be what these little challenges are about :)

Germ posted:

Gonna order lots of foam and tell them the SA Oath thread sent me.

Yes! Definitely please do!

In fact, if anyone orders anything directly from one of our sponsors, please tell them you heard about them from the Something Awful Oath Thread and you appreciate their support!

Monoliths posted:

And with that, I'll have the photo album for September up soon so everyone can have a look!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Uroboros posted:

Hey, thanks a lot! Just to reiterate though, everyone should definitely try things. Last year was the first time I've won anything, and that's largely the result of making myself do every challenge every month, and forcing myself to gently caress up all the time. There are some super talented people here, but the person you're really competing against is yourself.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So I'm thinking about oathing my first ever attempt at painting a miniature in a week or so, and am wondering if I need to base it, or I can just keep it pinned. I don't have the materials to properly base anything yet, and won't for a few months.

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 8, 2015

Untimely Brigand
Mar 28, 2007

I, Untimely Brigand, oath that I will paint the following 1/72 scale miniatures for October: 6 Airfix Sheriff of Nottingham figures, 4 Accurate Hundred Years War English Men-At-Arms, 1 Airfix Robin Hood figure.

They shall all be painted to be spooky undead creatures!

Untimely Brigand fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Oct 8, 2015

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath for October:a Dark Elf standard bearer and Sigvald the Magnificent (GW, 28mm) and Major Prime Victoria Haley (PP, 32mm) (3 models)

I haven't figured out how I'm doing the standard, but I'll oath-addition / update if its anything more complex than a painted piece of paper.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Signal posted:

Hey, thanks a lot! Just to reiterate though, everyone should definitely try things. Last year was the first time I've won anything, and that's largely the result of making myself do every challenge every month, and forcing myself to gently caress up all the time. There are some super talented people here, but the person you're really competing against is yourself.

krushgroove posted:

I can certainly understand the sentiment but it's the taking part that *should* be what these little challenges are about

I got X amount of time to paint man. Got ultra-bros to finish! Boxes while a neat idea take me no closer to crushing my enemies both in battle and looking glorious while doing it.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Oath addition: these three minis that I think are from Warhammer Fantasy? or maybe Mordheim? They are definitely GW, but they were given to me in a box of random GW minis and I'm just gonna paint them to use in Frostgrave

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

everythingWasBees posted:

So I'm thinking about oathing my first ever attempt at painting a miniature in a week or so, and am wondering if I need to base it, or I can just keep it pinned. I don't have the materials to properly base anything yet, and won't for a few months.

You don't have to do bases. I'd personally just stick them into some cork painted like a rock, snap some pictures and then re-base them later.

Monoliths posted:

And my second point ever :toot: August was a good month!

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 8, 2015

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Another Oath Addition!
1 Kelt Musician and 1 Kelt Standard Bearer.
From Rackham.

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 9, 2015

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Helbrute, one Bloodwrack Medusa and one Orc Shaman Helbrute and Medusa are by GW, Shaman is from Avatars of War, everything is 28mm.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For the month of October, I, LazyAngel, oath Duke Anton don Genoria, from Wrath of Kings by CMoN (32mm)

Primed with Army Painter Leather Brown - it's not just a magnificent failure of the colour balance on my phone.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
:getin:For the month of October, I, Weirdo, oath one 'Eyebeast' and 'Gorgon 'from the Bones Reaper line, along with one Half-orc necromancer from Stonehaven minis (both 28mm).

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey Hunter, oath for the month of October: A bunch of Dropzone commander stuff - 10mm, Hawk Games.

1 Screamer, the nightmare of Infantry.
1 Raider class dropship.
1 Harbinger class dropship.
3 Marauder class dropships.
4 Vampires.
1 Bear APC
1 Bus
12 Flak teams
12 Hazard Suits

I got a good haul at Invasion.....

Although I'm sure no one would ever have noticed - Oath Addition

1 10mm, Hawk Wargames, Dropzone commander plastic legionary, to take part in a minor conversion.

I shall call him George.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Mugaaz posted:

I oath the following Corvus Belli Infinity models from PanO
1 Squalo
1 Swiss Guard
1 Aquila Guard
1 Hospitaleer Knight
2 Boxes of Auxillia

Saving da whales
here. This took me longer than I thought. Tried a lot of new techniques on the Squalo. This is as good as I can paint right now.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Grey Hunter posted:

I shall call him George.

We should all take a moment for George. Because I know what is about to happen to him.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Mugaaz posted:

Saving da whales
here. This took me longer than I thought. Tried a lot of new techniques on the Squalo. This is as good as I can paint right now.

I really like this big guy; what technique did you use for the blue?

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
This was my first attempt at blending. I had 3 shades of Vallejo blue mixed with retarder medium and water. The middle shade was the basecoat color and more translucent. After that it was just blending it on the model from one shade to the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!

Monoliths posted:

3 Points: Bavius

Grand to behold! A really inventive ork scheme, for some reason I am really enjoying the deep blood red of the various lenses next to the faded pinkish red paint on the armor. It’s daring and totally works. The various camouflages across the armor are wonderful, the blue and green sit nicely next to each other. I wish I had some closeups, the graffiti and number markings look great even from a distance.

I am super stoked to have won you over, thank you! You can see some closer shots here, from the painting thread:

Bavius posted:

Photo dump in bound, prepare your butts.

Ork Morkanaut, Warhammer 40k Model

• Locked thread