Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
It looks like I was kicked from the old goon guild. is there a way to content anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

idk maybe check ffgoons or the op

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Veks posted:

I've done this :v: I try not to use Fire IV on the alarums anymore. (also using Raging Strikes on alarums tsk tsk tsk)

Yeeaaah I certainly learned my lesson.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Shamelessly stolen from imgur, where it was shamelessly stolen from somewhere else.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The Paladin in my Sastasha HM posted:

oath has nothing to do with aggro
(this was after I almost instantly took aggro on the first boss and kept it until we wiped, and I asked him if he had shield oath or whatever)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Shamelessly stolen from imgur, where it was shamelessly stolen from somewhere else.

It's more like "Augh gently caress this tank is way undergeared yet his main class is 60 and he could easily buy GC gear. I'm giving my comm to the monk because the two of us did most of the tanking."

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Unguided posted:

It's more like "Augh gently caress this tank is way undergeared yet his main class is 60 and he could easily buy GC gear. I'm giving my comm to the monk because the two of us did most of the tanking."

>You are idiots
>I hate all of you

Nope, not seeing the disconnect here.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

>You are idiots
>I hate all of you

Well, that's mostly just pubbing as a whole regardless of role

and even some organized stuff

Maus
Apr 15, 2010

VAC ban(s) on record.
Actual (Bad) Healers

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

When I'm playing WHM, it'd be more accurate just to replace the bottom picture with a BLM.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I don't know what you're talking about, when the tank rolls at a crazy pace, I'm right there along with them shouting "whoo!"

I approve of any tank who knows that they're doing just cannonballing on through, it's the only excitement I'm going to get.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
A joke doesn't always have to be truthful!

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

This is pretty much exactly how I feel when healing especially as my main is Primadonna rear end in a top hat Tank

(though yeah, pull faster you loving dweebs why is the warrior not using deliverance all the time why are there vit accessories i am very angry about your lovely tanking poo poo wheres my heal button again)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

so i resubbed after a couple months off. Working through the story, currently level 53.

Do the areas get better later on? It seems like it's much more of a slog to get anywhere in HW.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

so i resubbed after a couple months off. Working through the story, currently level 53.

Do the areas get better later on? It seems like it's much more of a slog to get anywhere in HW.

All of the areas in Heavensward are really cool :confused:

You're really going to enjoy the moogles, have fun with them, they're the best, kupo :allears:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

maybe its because im leveling a bard

feels a lot slower than in 2.0

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

maybe its because im leveling a bard

feels a lot slower than in 2.0

51-60 is going to take about as long as 1-50, it's an expansion. The MSQ is about as long as the 2.0 MSQ as well.

Heavensward area enemies also have more health and take longer to kill, kind of in line with higher level enemies in the i48ish garbage we had hitting 50 in 2.0, if a little bit tougher yet; this was on purpose. Bring out your chocobuddy.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

you're gonna hate moogles.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

HOW COME NOBODY TOLD ME THAT THE FEMALE VOCAL LEVIATHAN WAS ON THE BEFORE THE FALL SOUNDTRACK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJOhDGg7qa8

It's really good, though I see why they went with male vocals thematically. As an avowed reverse sexist, you know I'm not loving around when I say something like that.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Boten Anna posted:

HOW COME NOBODY TOLD ME THAT THE FEMALE VOCAL LEVIATHAN WAS ON THE BEFORE THE FALL SOUNDTRACK

It's really good, though I see why they went with male vocals thematically. As an avowed reverse sexist, you know I'm not loving around when I say something like that.

It's soooo good! Probably one of my favorite tracks on Before the Fall.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Boten Anna posted:

what the gently caress is with all these macros

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

vOv posted:

paladins

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

vOv posted:

Probably a phrasebook since they aren't using a keyboard

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

They do in the sense that they are fine once you unlock flying and crap before that.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Failboattootoot posted:

They do in the sense that they are fine once you unlock flying and crap before that.

The zones are big enough that you appreciate being able to fly in them. :v:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Suitaru posted:

The zones are big enough that you appreciate being able to fly in them. :v:

They're pretty much designed this way. Freaking Dravinian Forelands with that hill.

That zone is the area that earned all my 'AUGH MOOGLE QUESTS NEVER END' hate because at least the moogles had the decency of dropping the other half of their quests on you AFTER you get flying.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The Hinterlands is the worst, because you get there at 57, but can't unlock flying until 59, and it's basically impossible to run FATEs in that zone to earn those two levels without flying because the whole zone is split in two through Idylshire.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EponymousMrYar posted:

They're pretty much designed this way. Freaking Dravinian Forelands with that hill.

i hate that hill so so much

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Speaking of Heavensward zones, Dravinian Hinterlands looks uncharacteristically awful and sparse compared to the other zones when you're up in the air flying. A friend of mine theorizes that it's because Alexander will eventually climb out of the lake and go on a rampage throughout the zone and they didn't want to put in too much work for what's going to be destroyed.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

There's pretty obvious spots where Alexander's gonna eventually be positioned, and none of them involve rampaging anywhere outside of his bathtub. I'm sure the zone's suppose to feel desolate and abandoned because it was, in fact, abandoned.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Finally got 60 BLM. Will google probably give me a good (text, I find it easier to learn from) guide on how to gitgud or is there one I should read?

Feels kind of awkward so far :(

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Your opener is something like Quelling -> Sharpcast -> F1 -> Ley Lines -> Enochian -> Firestarter F3 -> Raging Strikes -> F4 -> F4 -> F4 -> F1 -> Convert -> F4 -> F4 -> F4 -> B3 -> B4 -> T1/T2 (depends on mana tick timing) -> F3. Your 'maintenance' basically consists of using F1 when you need to refresh your AF timer and F4 when you don't, then B3 -> B4 -> T1/T2 when you need to refresh. Reapply Enochian when you finish your third rotation, because by then it'll only be 15 seconds long which is really short.

If you're standing still, only use Thundercloud procs during Umbral phase (even T3 is like 340 potency, and a single AF3 F4 is like 508 potency), and only use Firestarter F3 as a replacement for an F1 cast. If you're moving, feel free to use either.

AoE is Enochian -> Quelling -> F3 -> F2 until almost empty -> (Swiftcast if up) -> Flare -> (Convert -> Flare) -> Transpose -> B4 -> F4 -> repeat.

vOv fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 18, 2015

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Klungar posted:

The Hinterlands is the worst, because you get there at 57, but can't unlock flying until 59, and it's basically impossible to run FATEs in that zone to earn those two levels without flying because the whole zone is split in two through Idylshire.

Guess I need to remember to hit the leveling roulette a few times while I'm doing MSQ because I just finished Bismarck.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Moldy Taxes posted:

There's pretty obvious spots where Alexander's gonna eventually be positioned, and none of them involve rampaging anywhere outside of his bathtub. I'm sure the zone's suppose to feel desolate and abandoned because it was, in fact, abandoned.

That's why it has large swathes of empty green, ugly-patterned plains? There's not even trees.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Brannock posted:

That's why it has large swathes of empty green, ugly-patterned plains? There's not even trees.

Deforestation takes its toll on the land, give a hoot and don't pollute!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I started playing again (for real this time) with two friends and did my first two dungeons today. It was super fun and everyone's been really nice and cool and I made new friends :3:

I like this game.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

vOv posted:

Your opener is something like Quelling -> Sharpcast -> F1 -> Ley Lines -> Enochian -> Firestarter F3 -> Raging Strikes -> F4 -> F4 -> F4 -> F1 -> Convert -> F4 -> F4 -> F4 -> B3 -> B4 -> T1/T2 (depends on mana tick timing) -> F3. Your 'maintenance' basically consists of using F1 when you need to refresh your AF timer and F4 when you don't, then B3 -> B4 -> T1/T2 when you need to refresh. Reapply Enochian when you finish your third rotation, because by then it'll only be 15 seconds long which is really short.

If you're standing still, only use Thundercloud procs during Umbral phase (even T3 is like 340 potency, and a single AF3 F4 is like 508 potency), and only use Firestarter F3 as a replacement for an F1 cast. If you're moving, feel free to use either.

AoE is Enochian -> Quelling -> F3 -> F2 until almost empty -> (Swiftcast if up) -> Flare -> (Convert -> Flare) -> Transpose -> B4 -> F4 -> repeat.

Thanks a lot, that's been a big help. :)

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Brannock posted:

The Dravanian Hinterlands - all of it - used to be one continuous city, with some tiny parts like Quickspill Delta or that place with the mining node left undeveloped.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

EponymousMrYar posted:

That zone is the area that earned all my 'AUGH MOOGLE QUESTS NEVER END' hate because at least the moogles had the decency of dropping the other half of their quests on you AFTER you get flying.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i hate that hill so so much

It's way too late now, but you could have used the chocobo porter to fly over that hill. You just need to dismount in midair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Tenik posted:

It's way too late now, but you could have used the chocobo porter to fly over that hill. You just need to dismount in midair.
Doesn't help for the quests that have you start in Tailfeather and go to the N/NW camps. Which then have you go back to Tailfeather. And then back to those camps again.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Oct 18, 2015

• Locked thread