Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm pretty sure this was posted way back when, but this is probably one of my favorite non-best show appearances from Tom. Analyze Phish with Harris Wittels. Harris tries to convince Tom to like/understand why people like Phish and plays Tom bits of songs as they discuss the band. I'm bringing it up because it was the second time I listened to it since it came out and it's worth going back to.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/whos-got-my-goo-balls/

I dislike the vast majority of stuff on Earwolf but this was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
It's the best. The riff about Mike Gordon being a creep is amazing.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

BigFactory posted:

It's the best. The riff about Mike Gordon being a creep is amazing.

Is he the Segway peeper? I'm rusty on my Phish lore.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

DangerDummy! posted:

Is he the Segway peeper? I'm rusty on my Phish lore.

He got caught? taking pictures of some half-clothed 5 year old.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
I'm listening to the very first episode of this show and I'm not sure I understand. Is this all faked? Is this a show of comedians faking dialogue? There's no way there's two guys fighting over baseball with baseball bats and knives, right? I don't know anything about radio shows, so I don't know what to think about all this.

EDIT: Okay, update, the girly-voiced guy Roy came on and I finally lost it, couldn't breathe from laughing for the first time in months. If this stuff isn't faked it's my new salvation.

EDIT2: Nevermind, I don't care if this is faked. It's so, so wonderful...

The Unholy Ghost fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 19, 2015

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

The Unholy Ghost posted:

I'm listening to the very first episode of this show and I'm not sure I understand. Is this all faked? Is this a show of comedians faking dialogue? There's no way there's two guys fighting over baseball with baseball bats and knives, right? I don't know anything about radio shows, so I don't know what to think about all this.

:allears:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

The Unholy Ghost posted:

It's been a long time since I listened to that but I'm pretty sure one of the guys is voiced by comedian H. Jon Benjamin (Archer, Bob's Burgers, a million other things)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

holy poo poo, Wurster's call as Darren tonight playing lovely Pink Floyd covers has me in tears.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

AndrewP posted:

holy poo poo, Wurster's call as Darren tonight playing lovely Pink Floyd covers has me in tears.

just incredible

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Probably the call of the year and I hope Tom breaking in the studio's live performance capabilities means we're getting a Cherry Blossom Clinic reboot next year.

Avalanche Bob is a delightful weirdo.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Tom and Darren's band sounds hilariously like The Flaming Lips, especially the earlier records. Incredible call.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Tom just put Comfortably Numb up.
https://vimeo.com/143928335

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Illinois Smith posted:

Tom just put Comfortably Numb up.
https://vimeo.com/143928335

Holy poo poo, I can't wait to catch up to this episode.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
i called in for the first time ever this week. calling the best show is pretty fun, just gotta come prepared!

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Which one were you?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

I called about the impractical jokers cruise

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Terry T's call on no dudes night was kind of disturbing.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

I love Nodudevember and I was happy to see the first one go as well as it did, but the job of the lady callers won't be done until they can churn out some mutants to compliment all the good callers.

Maybe somebody can start calling in and yelling "YOU GOT JANE'D" into the receiver

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Roosevelt posted:

Terry T's call on no dudes night was kind of disturbing.

I don't really get what she was going towards. She's worried Tom is going to be too nice to the women and the show will be bad? Or she's worried he won't get out his grumpies because the women are better callers, and therefore he's going to be a dick IRL or something?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

The way I heard it she thinks Tom is just much more likely to be nice to lady-callers and some of the best parts of the call-in portion are about him getting annoyed with / angry at random dudes.

I kind of agree, he'd never have started Bad Companying people if it wasn't for a decade of annoying dude calls.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

dudes must call because dudes must be made fun of and hung up on.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

One of my favorite parts of The Cherry Blossom Clinic was how diligent she was at kicking callers off the line when they called in too early for ticket giveaways.

I think the lady is just a fan of people getting hung up on.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

WrathOfBlade posted:

I love Nodudevember and I was happy to see the first one go as well as it did, but the job of the lady callers won't be done until they can churn out some mutants to compliment all the good callers.

Maybe somebody can start calling in and yelling "YOU GOT JANE'D" into the receiver

I think this is the shot in the arm it needed. Most dudes were an absolute snooze.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
The Ban worked.

This will work.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

It's a great idea, the quality of calls last night was higher than usual. I do agree that there has been a lack of Bad Companying lately though.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I have to agree with Terre T. One of the best parts of the show is Tom yelling at and hanging up on bad callers. I think the quality of calls by ladies is pretty much the same as dudes so by that measure there should still be plenty of hang ups. As far as I can remember there was not a single heave ho and that just does not add up.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I think Ladies' Night is cool as a one-time thing, but I think extending it to a whole month is stupid. If "dudes are a snooze," then screen calls better so that you get ones who aren't.

On the bright side, Mary Houlihan's monthly cartoon event that she hosts every month with the just as charming and funny Joe Rumrill will be much better attended from here on out.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Nov 11, 2015

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
Scharpling and Wurster are coming to Durham!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

The Bunk posted:

Scharpling and Wurster are coming to Durham!

Wait what? Link? Date? It's looking increasingly unlikely that I can use my ticket to the show in philly, which makes me sad and angry, but Durham this winter might be doable...

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

CaptainPsyko posted:

Wait what? Link? Date? It's looking increasingly unlikely that I can use my ticket to the show in philly, which makes me sad and angry, but Durham this winter might be doable...

http://motorcomusic.com/events/

Saturday Feb 27, 2016

PS it's Durham, NC. Sorry if I got any New Hampshirite's hopes up.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Scharpling and Wurster in Durham is something I have been hoping for for a long time. This will be a great night. Is stuff like this GA generally or assigned seats at Motorco?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Asnorban posted:

Scharpling and Wurster in Durham is something I have been hoping for for a long time. This will be a great night. Is stuff like this GA generally or assigned seats at Motorco?

I've been to Motorco once and it was standing room only but that was a concert so idk. Have the other shows on their tour been seated?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

In my experience (in Toronto at least) venues that are usually used for concerts will bring out folding chairs for shows like this one. I am assuming there will be folding chairs set up at the Mod Club for the show on the 28th, that's what that place did when I saw Maria Bamford there

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Have they done no shows in DC or Baltimore? It seems so weird that they'd do Philly and NC but nothing in MD, DC, or VA

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

het posted:

Have they done no shows in DC or Baltimore? It seems so weird that they'd do Philly and NC but nothing in MD, DC, or VA

Yeah I can't see any reason for them to do a show in the hometown of half of the duo, nor for that matter in the hometown of their most famous character (which happens to be an easy commuting distance from where the show is based.)

It seems totally weird that they would do shows in those places.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

CaptainPsyko posted:

Yeah I can't see any reason for them to do a show in the hometown of half of the duo, nor for that matter in the hometown of their most famous character (which happens to be an easy commuting distance from where the show is based.)

It seems totally weird that they would do shows in those places.

Uhhh you know what states are in between Pennsylvania and North Carolina right?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Thom and the Heads posted:

I've been to Motorco once and it was standing room only but that was a concert so idk. Have the other shows on their tour been seated?

checked with the venue. They said the plan is to stand

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
Tickets acquired :hellyeah:
I hope they'll serve CoCoNut Water at the show.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Seltzer posted:

Uhhh you know what states are in between Pennsylvania and North Carolina right?

Yeah, and when dates are months apart from each other, they are clearly not doing a road trip of the sort where that matters for scheduling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Tom keeps talking/tweeting about how nobody is listening to the show. I haven't been listening for that long, this a normal thing of his or is he really not having the listenership he needs?