Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

HJE-Cobra posted:

One of the little planets in his celestial globe hat thing is a little skull :eyepop:

I'm 99% sure one of the moons of the Warhammer world is a skull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Buffalo squeeze posted:

They actually made this one though.

And like most of the Bret model line, it was awesome.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Pierzak posted:

It's Morrslieb :ssh:

thespaceinvader posted:

Huh, apparently yeah, their moon Morrslieb is a skull moon. :hb: Though not a colossal skull floating in space, sadly, looks like just a moon that looks kinda skullish

I'm unfamiliar with Warhammer, I know Warmachine better.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

maybe all this time the skulls were just moons

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Phoon posted:

maybe all this time the skulls were just moons

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Night10194 posted:

And like most of the Bret model line, it was awesome.

Between the pilgrims and the green knight, brets are awsome.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This is full of good stuff and really shows what we've lost with Warhammer. :smith:

On a similar note, I was able to track down a copy of the Liber Chaotica for a good price and holy poo poo that book. It just oozes character and is full of great drawings, including a bunch by Blanche. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to do more than flip through it some, but I'm glad I got it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I have the Liber Undeadica (whatever it's called) and it's pretty great. The thing is written by Manfred back when he was a calculating jerk rather than the end times version where he's an insane anime villain.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
The book they did about the history of the northern Chaos wastes was pretty legit too but I've never seen it used ever and it was pretty spendy when it came out for what it was.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
(Some animal anatomy up in this)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XqF9-CMFQc

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Vermintide is so based and the dialogue between the characters is so good and I'm more mad than ever that GW decided to torpedo such a cool setting.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

fadam posted:

Vermintide is so based and the dialogue between the characters is so good and I'm more mad than ever that GW decided to torpedo such a cool setting.

Maybe we should be glad that it got torpedoed for tabletop, freeing them up to make really good expressions of the setting with videogames.

You know, because now they don't have to worry about videogames stealing sales from TT. :downs:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

willus posted:

oh my god the familiars for the amethyst wizards

zeal posted:

Which would your rather have as a hero choice in your army, a fat C3PO riding a lizardman or one of these guys

good gravy

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
The Empire died too young :catdrugs:

"I want a giant animatronic skeleton with swords, guns and hammers shooting out of every orifice. Below it will be a small puppet show crewed by more animatronic skeletons."

"I want a robot horse holding a sword in its hand. And a twin-barreled cannon in its mouth."

"Imagine a clockwork skeleton living in a wheeled barrel, chasing someone with iron bombs."

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Completely enclosed horse armor.

Skellybones posted:

"Imagine a clockwork skeleton living in a wheeled barrel, chasing someone with iron bombs."
Ok. Yes. Give me that.

I miss the Empire :smith:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

One of the plot hooks for the Engineer class in the RPG sourcebooks is an old Engineer, beloved for his acid-spraying automata, going mad and settling down to work on improved farming tools and other peaceful applications for his work. His colleagues are worried and ask the PCs to get him back to his old self.

I miss the Empire, too. :smith:

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Skellybones posted:

He looks so stoked about his barrel babies. :3:

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
At times like this I feel like the ending to Planet of the Apes

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

I feel like the curtain the notes mention aren't going to do diddly since from the looks of it that engineer isn't ever going to be able to stop himself from cackling like a maniac and yelling about what a genius he is.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

Nash posted:

You mean the part where Marky Mark makes out with a gorilla?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

fnordcircle posted:

You mean the part where Marky Mark makes out with a gorilla?

Yes. In that fans are Marky Mark, and the gorilla is Mantic

Nash fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 17, 2015

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Nash posted:

To suggest that we can learn anything about the customer nature from a research of markets is sheer nonsense. Why, customers are a nuisance. They buy up their miniatures in other shops, then migrate to our single-employee-run stores and ravage our gaming tables. The sooner they are fobbed off onto another game system, the better. It's a question of GW survival.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 18, 2015

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Our great lawgiver told us that man was incapable of balancing a wargame.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
So, if this is Planet of the Apes, what does GW have to do to make it Beneath the Planet of the Apes?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
GW have already blown the planet to pieces, we're up to Escape now.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

adamantium|wang posted:

GW have already blown the planet to pieces, we're up to Escape now.

Wait does this mean that Age of Sigmar is actually the distant past of the Old World??? :wth:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
If Roddy McDowell were Sigmar, yes

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

fadam posted:

this is objectively correct, vermintide owns

e: like, it very clearly has left 4 dead at its core, but it has enough unique poo poo (a scaling difficulty system involving in-mission pickups, interesting and unique characters, a loot system, enemies that aren't More loving Zombies, a really good melee system, incredibly satisfying hit sounds and gun effects) that it can stand on its own

President Ark fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 18, 2015

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If other companies just ignore GW blowing up the old world and keep making board or video games with that licence it really won't affect how I interact with the setting since I stopped playing the tabletop after 8th edition sucked rear end.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

President Ark posted:

this is objectively correct, vermintide owns

e: like, it very clearly has left 4 dead at its core, but it has enough unique poo poo (a scaling difficulty system involving in-mission pickups, interesting and unique characters, a loot system, enemies that aren't More loving Zombies, a really good melee system, incredibly satisfying hit sounds and gun effects) that it can stand on its own

I played quite a bit last night and this is dead on.

A few issues though, the biggest one I've found is that armoured enemies can be very tough. Usually you get one Stormvermin in a pack of slaves or Clanrats but twice the group I played with pulled a pack of six or seven of them. In both instances we were wiped out and only killed two or three.

None of us have any clue how to beat them and this included a few players already at level eight.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
You can just evade/hide from the Stormvermin patrols and they'll go right past you - think of them like the witch from l4d. Other options: volleys of bombs, strength potions, being good at the melee system, having armour piercing weapons.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I didn't even realize they are patrols, normally we'd just enter an area and get stomped.

Thanks for the info!

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, bombs will mess up a stormvermin patrol. Most weapons have armor piercing charge attacks, but some, like the warhammer and dwarf's great axe, have armor piercing normal attacks too. Their normal attacks are better for single target damage, the charge attack is a sweep. One of the interesting things about that system is that if you hit an armored enemy with a non-piercing attack it'll stop your swing dead. This can really matter when a stormvermin is in the middle of a clanrat pack and you're just swinging wildly.

Vermintide rules. I found some drakefire pistols and now my dwarf is a short, tanky bright wizard. :getin:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Me and my friends have been playing 6/7e games and it's been awesome. What's a good third party model I could use for chaos spawn?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

TKIY posted:

I played quite a bit last night and this is dead on.

A few issues though, the biggest one I've found is that armoured enemies can be very tough. Usually you get one Stormvermin in a pack of slaves or Clanrats but twice the group I played with pulled a pack of six or seven of them. In both instances we were wiped out and only killed two or three.

None of us have any clue how to beat them and this included a few players already at level eight.

Stormvermin are flat-out immune to most attacks except headshots from weapons capable of it (most ranged weapons and a couple melee weapons, usually the fast ones), armor piercing attacks (which are only on a few weapons), and power attacks. Grenades and such still work and are the easiest way of getting past them if you're going for speed/are otherwise low on resources.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I know this may be a crap shoot, but there was a webstore posted a while back in this thread I think that had a bunch of stuff for cheap. It had a green and black kind of orky theme to the webpage and it sold pretty much only older stuff. Does anyone have the name of that place?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Chaos orc super store?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

I know this may be a crap shoot, but there was a webstore posted a while back in this thread I think that had a bunch of stuff for cheap. It had a green and black kind of orky theme to the webpage and it sold pretty much only older stuff. Does anyone have the name of that place?

Try Black Orc Games or Chaos Orc's Superstore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

TKIY posted:

I didn't even realize they are patrols, normally we'd just enter an area and get stomped.

Thanks for the info!

You can hear them marching, feet stomping and a kind of "left right, left right" chant going on. That noise means be careful what you attack and look for an open area/area with 2 routes through, to evade them with. I definitely think it's best to evade them, bombs are too valueable to use on something you could just not fight.

• Locked thread