Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Baron Porkface posted:

I'm going to start a band called Dutch Vander and the Y-Wings but I can't decide which genre

Chill stuff, to help you loosen up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

How are Red Squadron Veterans with Push the Limit and R2 Unit and Integrated Astromech? I don't have Authothrusters and don't feel like proxying, and I'd have the cards to run two of those if I bought 2 T-70 expansions.

Also, has anyone had a chance to run Poe (Or Red Squadron Veteran for that matter) with PTL and BB-8 yet?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Poe with PTL and BB-8 is a glorious, magnificent space-eating machine. It's really satisfying to pull off a 5-speed bank and still get an action at the end of it.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
What does the T-70 and Tie FO have in the blisters that they don't have in the starter?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Slightly embarassing question here: my group may have been playing asteroids wrongly. We thought that you only lose your action and take a possible hit if you end your move with your base overlapping an asteroid - I gather from reading rules FAQ online that if your maneuver template overlaps it during a move, you also take a possible hit and/or lose your action? Is this right? Do you stop moving when you meet an asteroid, as with enemy ships?

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Thundercloud posted:

What does the T-70 and Tie FO have in the blisters that they don't have in the starter?

2 new pilots for each, integrated astromech upgrade (T-70), Juke EPT (FO)

Genghis Cohen posted:

Slightly embarassing question here: my group may have been playing asteroids wrongly. We thought that you only lose your action and take a possible hit if you end your move with your base overlapping an asteroid - I gather from reading rules FAQ online that if your maneuver template overlaps it during a move, you also take a possible hit and/or lose your action? Is this right? Do you stop moving when you meet an asteroid, as with enemy ships?

If any part of the maneuver template touches the asteroid, you take a possible hit and lose your action. If you end with any part of your base touching the asteroid, you can't shoot. Colliding with a asteroid doesn't stop you, place the ship's base overlapping the asteroid.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I traded in a whole bunch more mtg cards Friday, got the slave 1, the millennium falcon, the y2400, an X-wing, y wing, a wing, b wing, z95, and two small scum ships. Aside from the epic stuff, I really only need to finish off getting the scum faction stuff(gonna trade in more cards) and a lambda shuttle, and I should be able to only have to get new stuff after that.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Geisladisk posted:

And also an Astromech that lets you take a target lock after a red maneuver (T-70) and Comm Relay (FO)

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

kizudarake posted:

I traded in a whole bunch more mtg cards Friday, got the slave 1, the millennium falcon, the y2400, an X-wing, y wing, a wing, b wing, z95, and two small scum ships. Aside from the epic stuff, I really only need to finish off getting the scum faction stuff(gonna trade in more cards) and a lambda shuttle, and I should be able to only have to get new stuff after that.

Yessssss that's how I did it too. I hope you were also able to get a better deal on the minis like I was. Though I did the majority of my card trading for minis when the game was still unpopular so was able to get 1:1 deals (using SCG no less!) on most of them.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Geisladisk posted:

If any part of the maneuver template touches the asteroid, you take a possible hit and lose your action. If you end with any part of your base touching the asteroid, you can't shoot. Colliding with a asteroid doesn't stop you, place the ship's base overlapping the asteroid.

My god, we have been majorly doing it wrong. Thanks for the clarification.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

Yessssss that's how I did it too. I hope you were also able to get a better deal on the minis like I was. Though I did the majority of my card trading for minis when the game was still unpopular so was able to get 1:1 deals (using SCG no less!) on most of them.

2/3rds credit, but most of them were bulk rares that they sell 2 for a buck, so I got 66 cents for every two 20 cent rares. Not the best, but not bad. Now that I've bulked out my standard rares, to hit the modern/legacy/vintage unplayable rares.

Edit: kept playsets + 1 of all standard rares, will do the same for older poo poo.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Is there any good way to use Autoblaster turrets/cannons? Uncancelable attack, even with limited range, sounds good.

Or is it one of those things that sounds good but sucks in practice?

I thought of using something like this:

Kavil (Y-Wing) + Engine Upgrade + Unhinged Astromech + Autoblaster Turret to basically get into range 1 on people and stay there, popping Autoblaster turret every turn until they die.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

ConfusedUs posted:

Is there any good way to use Autoblaster turrets/cannons? Uncancelable attack, even with limited range, sounds good.

Or is it one of those things that sounds good but sucks in practice?

I thought of using something like this:

Kavil (Y-Wing) + Engine Upgrade + Unhinged Astromech + Autoblaster Turret to basically get into range 1 on people and stay there, popping Autoblaster turret every turn until they die.

It's really tempting but the autoblasters have such a small range of effective targets. To make the autoblaster turrets work you need saturation and Kavil doesn't have the PS to be able to see where a Fel/Vader/etc is going to be.

Honestly feedback swarms do what autoblaster stuff is supposed to do but better.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Panzeh posted:

It's really tempting but the autoblasters have such a small range of effective targets. To make the autoblaster turrets work you need saturation and Kavil doesn't have the PS to be able to see where a Fel/Vader/etc is going to be.

Honestly feedback swarms do what autoblaster stuff is supposed to do but better.

Actually if you toss VI on Kavil he's pretty amazing at murdering Vader and Fel with that setup. The issue is that he's a 31 point ship that is mostly dead weight against stuff that doesn't depend on evade results to live, like other Y-Wings, B-Wings, most large ships, etc. It's easy to cause him to bump with large ships as well, which makes him particularly impotent. OTOH, he can one shot Fel with literally nothing Fel can do about it.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

What about 5 Syndicate Thugs with Autoblaster Turrets???

Strobe posted:

Poe with PTL and BB-8 is a glorious, magnificent space-eating machine. It's really satisfying to pull off a 5-speed bank and still get an action at the end of it.

Cool, I want to try a 3 T-70 list with Poe and two Red Squadron Veterans. There's only one BB-8, but at least R2 Unit gives the generic guys a bit more freedom to Push every turn.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm really excited to run three RSVs with Proton Torpedoes and Predator. Having a good generic pilot that can use Predator really helps out with Proton Torps in particular, and three of them aimed at anything is going to hurt.

Alternatively, three RSVs where one has Proton Torps, two have Plasma Torps, and all three have R2 Astromech and Integrated Astromech. Slightly less guaranteed punch, significantly more survivability.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Is it just me or does this list seem really strong?

YV-666: · Bossk (35)
Daredevil (3)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)
Engine Upgrade (4)
· Greedo (1)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Mercenary Copilot (2)
Z-95 Headhunter: Binayre Pirate (12)

Bossk can 1 bank, get a free target lock and then 1 hard boost which combined with his 180 degree arc means he should have no problem keeping things in arc. You can also 3 hard then 1 hard if you don't mind not getting the target lock which means if something is tailing you by then you are basically guaranteed a shot. Mangler and Mercenary Copilot means at range 3 the opponent gets no extra green dice but there are going to be lots of crits which explode into 2 damage each. Then the first damage card per turn is flipped face up anyway. I'm just not sure if mangler and Mercenary Copilot is worth it because mangler only works in the primary arc and Mercenary at range 3. You will struggle to get both of them triggering on each shot. On the other hand it does just give you 1 guaranteed crit more often.

It may be a better idea to drop the cannon and copilot for gunner, but then you don't get guaranteed crits for the pilot ability.

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Oct 18, 2015

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Mangler and Mercenary Copilot means at range 3 the opponent gets no extra green dice but there are going to be lots of crits which explode into 2 damage each.

Just a point of clarification, but Bossk can only turn a single crit into two regular hits per attack, so you could probably drop Mercenary Copilot if you're running the Mangler Cannon since it's the same effect, only the Mangler works at all ranges.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
That's a good point, I missed that. I still think it may be a good buy for two reasons. Mangler doesn't work outside the primary arc so you may still get some extra crits in.

If I have the order right it might also make more crits go through. Imagine you role 3 hits and the enemy gets 2 evades. Two of your hits become crits and since the attack hits you make one critical become two hits. Now the evades cancel 2 of your hits leaving one hit and one crit. Greedo kicks in and they take a crit and another card face up.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
An attack "hits" if there are uncanceled hits or critical hits and no remaining evades to cancel them. It doesn't mean you rolled a hit or crit.

The correct interpretation is: If you rolled one crit and two hits, and your opponent rolled two evades. One crit makes it through, and then you can change it into two hits. Greedo would make the first dealt damage card face-up, but you would not get a 'free' extra crit.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Talking about obstacles, I went to a tourney and had debris fields, and one of the dudes I was facing clipped his manoeuvre template on it. So I say to him "okay, he gets stressed..." and the guy says that he just loses an action, only relenting when the table next to us confirms my ruling. He then mutters about debris fields "being a new thing". They've been out since the Decimator iirc :psyduck:

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
If you're running Daredevil, couldn't use also use outlaw tech for the focus? Do a green - get lock. Do red with Daredevil - get focus?

Edit: nope, forgot Daredevil was FAQ'd to white, then stress.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Oct 18, 2015

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Is it just me or does this list seem really strong?

YV-666: · Bossk (35)
Daredevil (3)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)
Engine Upgrade (4)
· Greedo (1)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Mercenary Copilot (2)

Bossk can 1 bank, get a free target lock and then 1 hard boost which combined with his 180 degree arc means he should have no problem keeping things in arc. You can also 3 hard then 1 hard if you don't mind not getting the target lock which means if something is tailing you by then you are basically guaranteed a shot. Mangler and Mercenary Copilot means at range 3 the opponent gets no extra green dice but there are going to be lots of crits which explode into 2 damage each. Then the first damage card per turn is flipped face up anyway. I'm just not sure if mangler and Mercenary Copilot is worth it because mangler only works in the primary arc and Mercenary at range 3. You will struggle to get both of them triggering on each shot. On the other hand it does just give you 1 guaranteed crit more often.

It may be a better idea to drop the cannon and copilot for gunner, but then you don't get guaranteed crits for the pilot ability.

Most of the problem with super tricked out YVs is that they tend to get burned down in a hurry. A mangler is a really good way to get crits anyway, no need to take merc copilot. He 'can' get anyone in his arc except the PS8 and 9 aces which are many. You'll have a wonderful time against Super Dash, though.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

BattleMaster posted:

What about 5 Syndicate Thugs with Autoblaster Turrets???

I played against this list once with my Brobots and it was absolutely brutal. I barely eked out a win and that on was the first time he tried it. Never saw it played again though.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

StuG Jeebus posted:

I played against this list once with my Brobots and it was absolutely brutal. I barely eked out a win and that on was the first time he tried it. Never saw it played again though.

It's really mean against a couple lists. I've annoyed the poo poo out of people with autoblaster turrets sometimes but I find them hard to fit into lists.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I've found Bossk with Expert Handling is pretty drat good. Makes it tough for opponents to get behind you and stay there. Paired it with the K4 droid and Anti-pursuit Lasers for some good results.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
There's a new death star?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Of course. Why wouldn't there be? It is called Starkiller Base, guess what it does?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Man, Episode 7 really is just "boy the original Star Wars really was great wasn't it?"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
It's like poetry; it rhymes

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Kai Tave posted:

Man, Episode 7 really is just "boy the original Star Wars really was great wasn't it?"

the superweapon is so mcquarrie. :allears:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

There's a new death star?

Maybe its Unicron

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Kai Tave posted:

Not surprising, given how much "Fans" decried the prequels.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
What's REAL D 3D? Sounds super-dumb.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

midnightclimax posted:

All 3D sucks :shobon:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

midnightclimax posted:

It's just the "normal" 3D as opposed to IMAX or whatever. I think it's licensed to Sony or something.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

alg posted:

All 3D sucks :shobon:

It worked well in Tron legacy, the only movie where it has ever worked.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

People said there was supposed to be a new trailer too. Any idea when? Also you guys should get star wars card trader so we could trade cards @ each other. I've been playing it to satisfy my magic card pack cravings for free. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I hear the trailer for FA is tomorrow. That's when pre-sales of tickets go live too, apparently.

• Locked thread