Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I want Aztec dinosaurs.

Also loving pubbies man. Yes, please rush into the giant cloud of poison to rez someone and then get incapped. And make extra sure to bitch at me in chat about not helping you. Also yes, pick up that grimoire while everyone is at near death, clutch move that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The response to learning Warhammer has Aztec dinosaurs is usually 'gently caress yeah, bring on the Aztec dinosaurs'.

This is entirely correct. Picked this up with a buddy, going to get our other buddies to pick it up because gently caress pubbies.

Two Headed Calf
Feb 22, 2005

Better than One

Drakenel posted:

New thread titles:

Vermintide: We all die die now.

Vermintide: KILL THAT HOOKER

I thought the elf was a rat!

Vermintide: That's so Skaven

Magile
May 20, 2008
Pubbies are horrible at this game and I hate my life every time I have to party with them.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Ideally I want one of every main Warhammer Fantasy race and a Rat Catcher.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The important thing with new classes isn't including one of everything just to have them, but to make sure each class is relatively distinct from each other.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Vampire, halfling, Bretonian (Questing Knight, 2-hdr Tank), Engineer, Any of the different wizards, Warrior Priest, Dark Elf, High Elf...There's a LOT of places they could go.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

If the dlc Ratcatcher character isn't voiced by Charlie Day I'll be disappointed :colbert:

And yeah, playable super hammy Blood dragon / Von Carstein Vampire characters would be amazing :drac:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Oct 18, 2015

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Pimpmust posted:

If the dlc Ratcatcher character isn't voiced by Charlie Day I'll be disappointed :colbert:

And yeah, playable super hammy Blood dragon / Von Carstein Vampire characters would be amazing :drac:

If either of these happened, I wouldn't play anything else.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I want a Blood Dragon who is just a literal murderhobo. Like, they're all expecting a knight in shining armor and it's just this crazed swordsman in a ragged old coat who just wanders from place to place looking for fun slaughters.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I must drink BLOOD; Just not rat blood. It's disgusting. Here piggy piggy piggy~

In other news, according to steamspy Vermintide is up to 28 000 owners, give or take.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Alternatively, Vampire Dante. This rat-party's gettin' crazy!

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
They somehow need to make an ogre maneater playable.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Carcer posted:

They somehow need to make an ogre maneater playable.

ogre gut-mage so i can vomit on everyone

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm deeply concerned that the current pub exploit strategy du jour of hiding under the horn at the end of Magnus is going to cause Fatshark to wipe progress.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Kanos posted:

I'm deeply concerned that the current pub exploit strategy du jour of hiding under the horn at the end of Magnus is going to cause Fatshark to wipe progress.

Now that would suck.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
About the only thing I hate with the game right now is the dice loot thing. I know it's meant to be random but after a dumb run in a public game or otherwise with folks zoning out, leaving tomes, afking or screaming like crazy to hide under the horn it just sucks to get only a white. I know I can eventually grind it up to a different color but man the random is just buh.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Skandranon posted:

"HA! Small, smelly and dirty, just like a dwarf!". Been using that one for 200 years now and it still never gets old...

Also, I think I just found our getaway coach in the Total War: Warhammer thread, which explains a lot.

That's the unit I was talking about the other night when we noticed the Coach had ghost horses on Market if you remember.

There were 'good' Von Carstein's way the hell back when too, they ran a legit country or something in the lore, the Strigoi could just be going full murder hobo because rats are in their poo poo (If they're still around, heard they went away?). Hell, could grab a rogue Necromancer or Richter Kreuger for some happy funtimes friendly undead AI. At the very least we should get some other Wizard disciplines.

Nebiros fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Oct 18, 2015

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Nebiros posted:

That's the unit I was talking about the other night when we noticed the Coach had ghost horses on Market if you remember.

There were 'good' Von Carstein's way the hell back when too, they ran a legit country or something in the lore, the Strigoi could just be going full murder hobo because rats are in their poo poo (If they're still around, heard they went away?). Hell, could grab a rogue Necromancer or Richter Kreuger for some happy funtimes friendly undead AI. At the very least we should get some other Wizard disciplines.

In End Times everyone is fighting against Chaos, even the undead. They could justify nearly any character if they really wanted.

Anyway this game is pretty fun, but I keep getting random disconnects and they are quite annoying.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
What does hiding underneath the horn do, even?

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Blacktoll posted:

What does hiding underneath the horn do, even?

Causes the pathing of the rats to go all Benny Hill and they have difficulty getting to you. Their confusion makes them easy to kill.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Kanos posted:

I thought there was going to be a wipe anyway? That's what it says in the OP at least, and is the reason why I can't be bothered to play this yet.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

how me a frog posted:

I thought there was going to be a wipe anyway? That's what it says in the OP at least, and is the reason why I can't be bothered to play this yet.

This pre-order only beta won't be wiped unless something goes :dice: levels of wrong before the launch supposedly.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

how me a frog posted:

Apparently not.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/235540/announcements/detail/746828376705840976

quote:

We have decided that you will keep your progress from the pre order beta. The only reason for resetting progress would be a critical unforeseen technical issue.

Have fun!

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Anyone getting strong X-Com: Apocalypse soundtrack vibes from the Skaven horde music?

A little less industrial and more subdued than X-Com though, thinking mostly of these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Miho2Db2wWM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-XxsJdrZf4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXIWn_aEdJ8

That soundtrack is strangely fitting to the Skaven :iiam:

e: Only a matter of time before these fuckers gets added as an alternative encounter to the Rat Ogre:

(lol chest vulcan)

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Oct 18, 2015

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011
Game sure seems hard, I've only played the horn map and managed get to the end only once (and lost). Granted the game has disconnected twice when a rat giant showed up. I kinda get the feeling the loot tome system makes people suicidal, I've seen players mindlessly running off alone to get the shiny. Nobody wants to touch the grimoires though.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Garin posted:

About the only thing I hate with the game right now is the dice loot thing. I know it's meant to be random but after a dumb run in a public game or otherwise with folks zoning out, leaving tomes, afking or screaming like crazy to hide under the horn it just sucks to get only a white. I know I can eventually grind it up to a different color but man the random is just buh.

I rolled three straight common zweihanders earlier today. Got sick of pubbies being awful, so I quit for a bit. Next group I joined was much higher level than I was, but they let me play and we did well for a few games. Got my first blue drop (a flambard) and hit up the forge to unlock a trait on it. Slight chance to +30% attack speed for five seconds with a normal swing. It attacks much slower than the rapier, but a charged attack takes out pretty much everything. Drinking a strength potion lets me just mow through Stormvermin, too.

I'm using an i5-3570k at 4.2 GHz/core, 8GB RAM, and a GTX 970. At 1080p, I'm never dipping below 60 FPS, but the framerate constantly jumps around between 160 and 70 FPS. I've had the game just straight up crash a couple of times, too. The log said something about an application file on my F: drive, but my F: drive is a virtual BD-ROM drive. Not sure what that's about. There isn't even anything mounted to the drive.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Is there a way to play with settings in the game files and maybe me it run a little better for my lovely 410m? I've noticed it's mainly smoke effects doing me in and slow animations physically reducing my attack speed.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Bloodplay it again posted:

I'm using an i5-3570k at 4.2 GHz/core, 8GB RAM, and a GTX 970. At 1080p, I'm never dipping below 60 FPS, but the framerate constantly jumps around between 160 and 70 FPS.

Just so people can get a better picture of expected performance, I have the same system except for a 2500k (standard clock). I also run 1080p but use vsync and while it's generally running at 60fps, there are times when it dips down to ~40fps.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Drakenel posted:

Vermintide: I thought the elf was a rat!

I haven't had a game where we haven't tried to murder the elf yet.

Working as intended. gently caress elves.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

You guys were right. The Dwarf's drakefire pistols are stupidly good. Bit inaccurate, but you can't have it all (unless you snag one with an accuracy bonus upgrade, maybe?)

Been playing this game quite a bit over the past couple days and I'm really enjoying it. The only class that I'm not too sold on is the Witch Hunter, but I'm never forced to play him so who cares

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Vargs posted:

You guys were right. The Dwarf's drakefire pistols are stupidly good. Bit inaccurate, but you can't have it all (unless you snag one with an accuracy bonus upgrade, maybe?)

Been playing this game quite a bit over the past couple days and I'm really enjoying it. The only class that I'm not too sold on is the Witch Hunter, but I'm never forced to play him so who cares

I really like the witch hunter. He's a screen clearing machine with the flamberge, has got the neat alt-fire snipe with the head-stabby rapier, can one-shot specials with the recurve crossbow and unloading dual pistols into a streaming pack of rats is great fun.

I don't know what there is not to like!

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Plavski posted:

I really like the witch hunter. He's a screen clearing machine with the flamberge, has got the neat alt-fire snipe with the head-stabby rapier, can one-shot specials with the recurve crossbow and unloading dual pistols into a streaming pack of rats is great fun.

I don't know what there is not to like!

One thing with the Witch Hunter's pistols to know is to hold down RMB to get a faster rate of fire. This helped immensely when we camped an ammo box during a vermintide

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Most people won't know, but the rapier has an alt-fire. It's set as default to a side/extra mouse button. It fires the pistol exactly at the crosshair when you have your sword out - there's an ammo count by the rapier in the HUD. This took me ages to figure out, but it's quite useful as it gives you 16 extra bullets. It occasionally double fires too, which is pretty nice.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
Someone told me someone was talking poo poo about the Bright Wizard's Beam Staff about it being useless...

Really...
Primary attack is able to clear large swaths of Skaven with one click.
Secondary is able to stun specials and even the rat ogre.

How is this useless?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

People don't understand how to melee with the wizard and the beam staff makes you more melee oriented unless you want to overheat instantly. The beam staff however is loving incredible, it ruins specials.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I'm having a really good time with the soldier. Sword and shield lets me tank swarms and an arquebus lets me headshot specials that would otherwise gently caress me up. I have a little trouble with the poison wind globadier as finding its head when its far away isn't easy.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Robzilla posted:

Someone told me someone was talking poo poo about the Bright Wizard's Beam Staff about it being useless...

Really...
Primary attack is able to clear large swaths of Skaven with one click.
Secondary is able to stun specials and even the rat ogre.

How is this useless?

You can fire it twice before you start catching on fire, the beam takes like 3 seconds to activate. Conflagrate 4 lyfe

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I'm really enjoying the Witch Hunter, I'm terrible at soldier and dwarf, by WH really works for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Longshot007 posted:

You can fire it twice before you start catching on fire, the beam takes like 3 seconds to activate. Conflagrate 4 lyfe

Look at this scrub who doesn't know how to manage heat. :smug:

• Locked thread