Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Dang it. They patched out the enter a career game on all-star, take a shot, sim to end but still get VC trick. They have not patched the thing where you come in off the bench and the guy you're supposed to guard is just idly animating for 25 seconds while everything else is black and white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

zelah posted:

Dang it. They patched out the enter a career game on all-star, take a shot, sim to end but still get VC trick. They have not patched the thing where you come in off the bench and the guy you're supposed to guard is just idly animating for 25 seconds while everything else is black and white.

Priorities man!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

zelah posted:

Guess which one makes you less likely to buy a bunch of points with real money?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's nothing stopping you from fouling out on HoF just to get the off-days, right?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Tae posted:

There's nothing stopping you from fouling out on HoF just to get the off-days, right?

Nope, you can do that and collect cards and sell them over and over again if you're bored enough.

idiotface
Jul 24, 2003

If anyone wants to join an online draft league with just a bunch of casuals on All-Star message me on PSN. Xbox_User, the draft is tomorrow at 2pm EST.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I got Shaun Livingston in my rookie pack.....

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Tae posted:

Isn't he the guy you get for winning the first game of the Golden State weekly challenge?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Tae posted:

Wayne Ellington

which is kind of funny since I joked with myself Ill probably gently caress around and get Mike Miller or MCW in my rookie of the year pack :xd:.... oh

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Oct 18, 2015

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Oh holy crap is this game better switching coach's playbook. I was playing a fantasy draft with the Timberwolves and not a single play had more than 2 guys moving. I switched to the Spurs playbook which has WAYYYYY more motion and guys actually move to get open.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I wish playbooks mattered more in domination, instead of this absurd gaming of the system to meet the MT requirements. Something simple like MT per made basket gets higher the longer it is in the shot clock.

Edit: why did I get tony snell in my roty pack

Tae fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 19, 2015

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey Glumslinger. The mobile app is busted. I got the 'reset draft board on last card twice' i've done.it six times now not counting. I need 30000 points. Or 10000 and have it reset.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
I've just been playing as the Spurs and wrecking house on every team in the NBA in MyGM. This game is great except for David West constantly bitching about not getting enough playtime despite having literally gone to the Spurs so he could retire with a ring.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Give the man more pt imo

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stars signing with dumb teams kind of sucks too. I think it was in2k14 Chris Paul always signed with Cavs and Kyrie played about 15 min for 6 yrs.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

ButtWolf posted:

Stars signing with dumb teams kind of sucks too. I think it was in2k14 Chris Paul always signed with Cavs and Kyrie played about 15 min for 6 yrs.

Whats funny is CP3 going to the Cavs makes some sense with Kyrie moving to the 2, but NBA2k hates to violate positions.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Just came across something interesting in MyCareer. I play a 6'10 PF and lead the league in blocks (Tied with DJ). We just faced the Houston Rockets and for some reason on offense they kept having Dwight Howard stand behind the 3 point line. Could this be an AI adjustment based on my shot blocking ability?

If so, it's a little flawed since Dwight Howard can't shoot for poo poo so I just camped the paint anyway and double teamed anyone driving into it. Any time Howard got the ball I just rotated if anyone went cover him.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 22, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Howard camping at the 3-point line is 2k tradition of "Why the gently caress are you doing that." It's basically a top-of-the-key pass formation that never works because the AI breaks after the first couple seconds into a play.

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum

Away all Goats posted:

Just came across something interesting in MyCareer. I play a 6'10 PF and lead the league in blocks (Tied with DJ). We just faced the Houston Rockets and for some reason on offense they kept having Dwight Howard stand behind the 3 point line. Could this be an AI adjustment based on my shot blocking ability?

If so, it's a little flawed since Dwight Howard can't shoot for poo poo so I just camped the paint anyway and double teamed anyone driving into it. Any time Howard got the ball I just rotated if anyone went cover him.

I've seen that too as a PF. Not just Howard, but a lot of PFs will go stand by the 3-point line. I just figured they're trying to lure me out of the key and don't fall for it. Once I did and they immediately scored from inside.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Not real sure why or how I pulled Jimmy Butler in my throwback thursday pack but thanks?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

the_american_dream posted:

Not real sure why or how I pulled Jimmy Butler in my throwback thursday pack but thanks?

I got Butler in my domination bulls pack, but not that great when I already got Paul George, Melo, and Danny Green for my wings.

Yeah, I got Melo and George in my domination packs as well. Don't know what else to look for in an upgrade honestly outside of a Lebron/Durant.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Jimmy butler is way better than Melo or Green though, and probably still better than Paul George.

Good defenders are a super valuable thing and Butler is one of the better ones in the game and also he's a pretty decent scorer.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

hopterque posted:

Jimmy butler is way better than Melo or Green though, and probably still better than Paul George.

Good defenders are a super valuable thing and Butler is one of the better ones in the game and also he's a pretty decent scorer.

George has a higher 3-point rating, and Melo is my best post-shooter, can play either the 3 or 4, and has pick+roll maestro. Butler's my 6th man, but I value higher 3-point ratings since I usually play as the center during defense to cover a slightly lower defensive rating.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea im very happy with Butler just not sure why he came in that pack hahaha

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

This game isn't perfect, but go back and play 2k15 and realize how much better everything is this year

<3 2k

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I'm in the 16/17 season with the Blazers and this roster is a mess in the front court. My PF, Tyler Zeller, Mason Plumlee, Ed Davis, Meyers Leonard, Vonleh, Asik. 1 SF, 5 guards. Who needs small ball?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Well they've banned a bunch of people on MyPark but there are still 99 OVR people playing. Also my friend got banned after reporting a bug to 2K so that's pretty cool.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Dreylad posted:

Well they've banned a bunch of people on MyPark but there are still 99 OVR people playing. Also my friend got banned after reporting a bug to 2K so that's pretty cool.

Did he post on the 2k subreddit about it because I tweeted that poo poo at Ronnie2k and LD2k, it's insane. Someone should probably post on operationsports about it too see if it can get some traction.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

hopterque posted:

Did he post on the 2k subreddit about it because I tweeted that poo poo at Ronnie2k and LD2k, it's insane. Someone should probably post on operationsports about it too see if it can get some traction.

He's done both yep. It's got some support on the 2k subreddit at least.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Dreylad posted:

He's done both yep. It's got some support on the 2k subreddit at least.

Wow, I just read that post. What a dumb loving company.

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.
The best part is the helpful pro-tip about evading the unappealable ban, imo. Most companies discourage people from doing that kind of thing, I imagine.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Feel like i missed something what exactly was the reason for his ban? What did they say

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.
Exploiting a bug via reporting it?

quote:

Hello (Mabek), Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I cannot disclose many details about the banning. What I can tell you is that your account stating that you have upgraded your player without spending VC. The banning is an action taken by the developers to all the users who exploited such glitch. We are very sorry that we are currently not considering appeals for this issue. The banning of this account will be permanent. Sorry for bringing you the bad news.

As to the other related questions you have or you may have, I recommend getting on social media. You can talk to NBA 2K and our public spokesman Ronnie 2K on Twitter here: twitter.com/nba2k On the official 2K NBA discussion pages here: http://forums.2k.com/forumdisplay.php?214-NBA-2K[1]

Should you want to know an alternative way to back online: you can try to create a new STEAM account then use family share to link the two accounts. After that, you can use the new account to run the game. If you have any other technical questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us again. Regards, Chao Z 2K Support

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i wish theyd ban me from this poo poo

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Traded David West for Caron Butler, now Kawhi can take a break for like 5 minutes occasionally. No regrets.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
in mycareer, the spurs ran an awesome lineup of kawhi/west(?!)/lemarcus/diaw/duncan for a few possessions

giant ball at its finest

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Grizzlies and Spurs were the easiest teams on the domination circuit. Grizzlies for obvious reasons (No 3-point shooters, so Pack the Paint) but the Spurs kept running plays assuming Tony Parker is Allen Iverson, and not a guy that has a lovely jumper. Clank Clank Clank.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

Tae posted:

The Grizzlies and Spurs were the easiest teams on the domination circuit. Grizzlies for obvious reasons (No 3-point shooters, so Pack the Paint) but the Spurs kept running plays assuming Tony Parker is Allen Iverson, and not a guy that has a lovely jumper. Clank Clank Clank.

Silly AI, everyone knows that Tony Parker is a robot that exists only to get a million assists per game

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Tae posted:

On the other hand Rondo swished a 30 foot game winner against me a while ago, and if you only played 2K you'd think Ricky Rubio was a better shooter then Steph Curry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm working my way through these dumb road to the finals challenges, just did the first best of 7. The rewards are so bad so far but apparently the final one is gonna reward diamond Kareem soooo...

e: It helps that I have every warriors player except like Steph Curry so I'm able to stack my team pretty well.

• Locked thread