Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Samizdata posted:

And I banged Paladinus while they banged the mum.

Then I banged the mum.

Then she made us dinner. And the rest of the family cheered when they discovered Paladinus was actually Einstein who was actually a veteran.

But the million dollar question is: did he punch the liberal philosophy teacher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Noyemi K posted:

But the million dollar question is: did he punch the liberal philosophy teacher?

Of course, because, as you know, God is NOT dead! And he blesses AMERICA!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Has this already been posted here? I feel like it's a repost. It's terrible, anyway.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
How exactly do these idiots think black people work

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, if the 603 is the bus I'm thinking of this dude is NOT that worried about getting jacked lmao. If he was on the 33, or the 733 yeah, he'd be taking a train to robs-ville, but no-one in loving Glendale of all places is looking to rob some dude of his DS.

e: or he's coming home from a "prepatory highschool" which is even funnier. Waf is what I'm saying.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Why does every single black person in these lovely made-up stories talk entirely in slang and look like they're in a rap video

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goose fleet posted:

Why does every single black person in these lovely made-up stories talk entirely in slang and look like they're in a rap video

Because It's normally written by someone who doesn't hang out with African American's or ones they would classify as "The Good Ones."

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

goose fleet posted:

Having seen far more black people on television than interacted with them in person, naturally one influence will dominate their perceptions.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

goose fleet posted:

"I saw one of those black people on the MTV once and now I totally know all about them"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: Thanks lil nigga.

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014
I'm assuming the real story is a black guy sat next to him on the bus and glanced at his DS. Darrel then spent the rest of the ride silently making GBS threads his pants awaiting the DS jacking he was so certain was about to happen.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Anyone who unironically uses the phrase "combat roll" has probably never done a cartwheel in his life

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A combat roll is not a cartwheel.

But it should be and would make combat much more interesting.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
:bahgawd:

quote:

He’ll Get It Slower Than A Speeding Bullet
SPORTING GOODS STORE | SC, USA | BIGOTRY
(I am working the firearm counter at a well known sporting goods store. It is early in the morning, so I’m cleaning the cases when a man approaches.)

Man: “Hey, honey. You got anyone working at these here guns?”

(I assume he thinks I’m maintenance since I’m cleaning.)

Me: “Yes, sir, I am. What can I help with today?”

Man: *guffaw* “No, honey. I need someone who can sell me one’a these here guns.”

Me: “Yes, sir, I am certified to do that. What were you interested in?”

Man: *looks visibly uncomfortable* “You ain’t got nobody else here?”

Me: “No. We usually only have the one person in the morning. Can I help you with something?”

Man: “I need a .22.”

Me: “We have several in stock of different manufacturers.”

Man: “I’m looking for a .22, honey. It’s a rifle.”

Me: *becoming annoyed* “Yes, I know. Which manufacturer or model are you interested in?”

Man: “I’ll just come back by when y’all got someone working who knows what I’m lookin’ fer.”

Me: “Sir, none of our employees are telepathic. If you don’t know what you want, chances are that we won’t either!”

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Congrats on being really bad at your job, imaginary gun clerk.

Man: “I’m looking for a .22, honey. It’s a rifle.”
Clerk: "Certainly. Here are a number of .22 rifles, may I suggest the most expensive one?"

Job done.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Aphrodite posted:

A combat roll is not a cartwheel.

But it should be and would make combat much more interesting.

That just makes me wonder when the last time anyone did a combat roll in actual combat was.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Honestly, seeing as how this supposedly took place in SC, it wouldn't surprise me if a toned-down version of this happened. Older guys in the south don't think girls can do things. My version happened at a lumber yard, where I was trying to find quarter round molding. The clerk had no idea what I was asking for and I had to show him what it was. When I went to pay for it, the old guy behind the counter gave me this grandfatherly smile and said "Are you building something today, honey?" It was probably the most condescending thing I've ever heard.

If it had been STDH, I'd have told him off about how my dad was a hardware store manager (true) and I knew my way around tools (also true), and that I had to explain to his own employee what quarter round molding is. As it was, I just paid for my molding and left. It's just the south.

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 14:16 on Oct 17, 2015

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My version happened when I was training for a tech support gig. The guy on the phone specifically asked if there were any men he could speak to about his problem, the woman training me said "Sure!" and hung up on him.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
When I worked at a thrift shop we'd get in old weird fur stuff on occasion, and once we got one of those scarfs made out of whole animals, three martens biting each other in a chain. I knew they were martens because it said so on the tag but I still had a dude try and educate me about how they were foxes. I don't know how you can possibly mistake those two animals.

In stdh land I unleashed an encyclopedic knowledge of martens and their characteristics and the man left speechless. Irl I just said "ah" and bought it when he left so it'd be gone if he came back for it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Huntersoninski posted:

When I worked at a thrift shop we'd get in old weird fur stuff on occasion, and once we got one of those scarfs made out of whole animals, three martens biting each other in a chain. I knew they were martens because it said so on the tag but I still had a dude try and educate me about how they were foxes. I don't know how you can possibly mistake those two animals.

In stdh land I unleashed an encyclopedic knowledge of martens and their characteristics and the man left speechless. Irl I just said "ah" and bought it when he left so it'd be gone if he came back for it.

I misread that as 'martins' and was even more confused at his mistake.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
Any time I'm on set with older gentlemen, one of them will invariably make a comment whenever I lift something that's more than twenty pounds - "whoa, let me get that for you" or "you sure you got that?" or something along those lines. It hasn't happened much since I moved to LA, but it used to happen a lot back when I still lived in a more rural area.

In the STDH version I would've smugly lifted said things over my head and twirled them on my finger like a basketball. In real life one time I accidentally dropped one of those things as soon as the dude asked about it (because I am a complete klutz, not because it was too heavy) and never loving lived it down.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

One time I saw a woman trying to get a box from a shelf above her head and I didn't help her and it fell on her and broke her nose.

loving laughed my rear end off

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
What is "och"?

JigglyPuff
Jun 3, 2002

Murphy Brownback posted:

What is "och"?

I know "mon" means man, but I don’t think "och" means anything.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

JigglyPuff posted:

Scottish expression of surprise or disapproval?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Samizdata posted:

Scottish expression of surprise or disapproval?

Pretty much, it's one of those words non Scottish people think Scottish people say constantly. :v:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

JigglyPuff posted:

Nice one Sanch.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Wow I didn't know all Scots were super good lip readers. Freaky.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Judge Tesla posted:

Pretty much, it's one of those words non Scottish people think Scottish people say constantly. :v:

Jings, crivens, help ma' Boab!

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all
Quit ya greetin', ye wee bairn!

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Here's a fun one someone linked me.

Posted: 17 days later.

"What happened with the brain tumor?"
"Oh, I forgot about that."

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Not just "I forgot about that" but "oh yeah, i forgot, they were able to fix it. No big."

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
At what point does something like that act as evidence for an actual mental condition?

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I think it's definitely one, tbh. Here's a catalog of other claims from the same person, from this year:

Shot themselves in the head & Heartattack- Sept 24th
Brain Tumor with 2 months to live - Sept 17th
Voice Box Removed - Aug 20th
Lung Cancer - Aug 14th
Kidney Transplant - July 20th
Heartattack & Broke Arm and Leg - July 18th
Get into Car Accident - July 16th
Broke Thumb - June 24th
Surgery for ?? - June 9th
Sick in Hospital - June 2nd

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Catnipped posted:

I think it's definitely one, tbh. Here's a catalog of other claims from the same person, from this year:

Shot themselves in the head & Heartattack- Sept 24th
Brain Tumor with 2 months to live - Sept 17th
Voice Box Removed - Aug 20th
Lung Cancer - Aug 14th
Kidney Transplant - July 20th
Heartattack & Broke Arm and Leg - July 18th
Get into Car Accident - July 16th
Broke Thumb - June 24th
Surgery for ?? - June 9th
Sick in Hospital - June 2nd

Does everyone just accept this? Is there no one calling them out?

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

flosofl posted:

Does everyone just accept this? Is there no one calling them out?

The comments:

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Catnipped posted:

The comments:

Is this Furaffinity?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Ratspeaker posted:

Is this Furaffinity?

How do you recognize it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

goose fleet posted:

How do you recognize it

It's kind of like how they do foreign weapon familiarity drills in some armies.

You just need to know these things, sometimes.

• Locked thread