Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EponymousMrYar posted:

Doesn't help for the quests that have you start in Tailfeather and go to the NW camps. Which then have you go back to tailfeather.

And then back to those camps again.

that is exactly where i am at now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

that is exactly where i am at now

Going back to tailfeather is easy just click the aetheryte. I can say I'm glad I can fly everywhere and although the zones weren't designed for it is the #1 thing I miss when I'm in a ARR zone.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Every time I have to go to an ARR zone I mount up and jump and then remember where I am.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Every time I have to go to an ARR zone I mount up and jump and then remember where I am.
If you believe hard enough, one of those times you'll jump and stay in the air.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Maybe we need to meld a ton of DEX5 directly into the ground to make it dodge us when we're landing after a jump

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

vOv posted:

Your opener is something like Quelling -> Sharpcast -> F1 -> Ley Lines -> Enochian -> Firestarter F3 -> Raging Strikes -> F4 -> F4 -> F4 -> F1 -> Convert -> F4 -> F4 -> F4 -> B3 -> B4 -> T1/T2 (depends on mana tick timing) -> F3. Your 'maintenance' basically consists of using F1 when you need to refresh your AF timer and F4 when you don't, then B3 -> B4 -> T1/T2 when you need to refresh. Reapply Enochian when you finish your third rotation, because by then it'll only be 15 seconds long which is really short.

If you're standing still, only use Thundercloud procs during Umbral phase (even T3 is like 340 potency, and a single AF3 F4 is like 508 potency), and only use Firestarter F3 as a replacement for an F1 cast. If you're moving, feel free to use either.

AoE is Enochian -> Quelling -> F3 -> F2 until almost empty -> (Swiftcast if up) -> Flare -> (Convert -> Flare) -> Transpose -> B4 -> F4 -> repeat.

Coming back to this again a sec, in the single target opener I always seem to just miss refreshing AF3 with the F1, it gets reset to AF1 even under Ley Lines. Am I doing something wrong? :(

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Coming back to this again a sec, in the single target opener I always seem to just miss refreshing AF3 with the F1, it gets reset to AF1 even under Ley Lines. Am I doing something wrong? :(

What's your ilvl? The 3x AF3 version is pretty tight even i190 because of spell speed; if you're a new 60 maybe you should just go 2x AF3.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah, only do 2x F4. The other one is only really possible in The Goblet on the dummy with like 50ms lol.

I generally do F4x2 -> F1 -> F4x2 and then if I got a F3 proc I'll do F4 -> Convert -> F3 -> Swiftcast!F4 -> B3 and so on. If I didn't get a proc I'll do F1 again -> Convert -> F4 (F3 if proc) -> B3.

Veks fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 18, 2015

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Veks posted:

Yeah, only do 2x F4. The other one is only really possible in The Goblet on the dummy with like 50ms lol.

I've pulled the 3x F4 stuff off in actual boss fights from the US West Coast. I don't do it unless I know I'm not going to have to move at all, though.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

loving :hellyeah:

Love it when seal rock goes like this

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
I dunno, I always seem to be on the team with 200 points when the game ends. I should stop playing Seal Rock since I seem to have the worst luck when it comes to node spawns. :smith:

Then again Seal Rock does have the quality that the winning team is simply the team that the RNG decided to favor. Every win I've had wasn't due to our team being the best or even remotely competent, just the luckiest.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013
As Adders on aether datacenter my experience is that we can't win even if luck is on our side in every possible way.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

We've won plenty of games with bad node spawns by picking good places to attack while the other two GCs fought over their favorable spaawns. The RNG can be brutal sometimes (2x S across the map? bah), but things usually aren't as bad as they seem.

Then again, I usually play with a full party of 8 so we can better take advantage of those things.

petcarcharodon posted:

As Adders on aether datacenter my experience is that we can't win even if luck is on our side in every possible way.

As Maelstrom on Aether I can't really argue with you there.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

loving :hellyeah:

Love it when seal rock goes like this

This is mostly my experience with Mael on Excalibur, yeah. Sometimes though it's like I'm back with the flames all over :smithicide:

Xenoveritas posted:

I dunno, I always seem to be on the team with 200 points when the game ends. I should stop playing Seal Rock since I seem to have the worst luck when it comes to node spawns. :smith:

Then again Seal Rock does have the quality that the winning team is simply the team that the RNG decided to favor. Every win I've had wasn't due to our team being the best or even remotely competent, just the luckiest.

:suicide:

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

petcarcharodon posted:

As Flames on Aether, the hivemind of the Adders has become a running joke at this point. One common observation is that they're quite consistent about attacking whichever opponent is at lesser risk of going on to win the game. Because clearly it's more important to squabble over the #2 spot than it is to stop #1 from sailing to an easy victory.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Kitfox88 posted:

This is mostly my experience with Mael on Excalibur, yeah. Sometimes though it's like I'm back with the flames all over :smithicide:

:suicide:

I'd actually prefer to be in your shoes than Adders', here. You push the middle node, Flames respond by pushing beach from the ramp, and Adders wind up getting pushed on to the high node. They'll lose a ton of points to kills, and it's incredibly unlikely they'll be able to hold 2 nodes in the following wave because of the order the nodes will despawn in (Bridge -> Lighthouse -> Mid -> Beach). The worst thing that could happen is Flames not going for a "free" node, which is possible, since they'd be better off not cutting themselves off for wave 2.

You're actually in pretty good shape if you can get that B rank quickly, though - you have your pick of defensive position for the next wave, because the Flames and Adder have very little way to interact with your part of the map. Your best chance to win from this point is to send a couple of DPS down to the 3 nodes in the far south and try and pick a good defensive line against Flames for the second wave, with the backup plan of "we can defend whatever is best".

Vil posted:

As Flames on Aether, the hivemind of the Adders has become a running joke at this point. One common observation is that they're quite consistent about attacking whichever opponent is at lesser risk of going on to win the game. Because clearly it's more important to squabble over the #2 spot than it is to stop #1 from sailing to an easy victory.

Who are you? I'm sure i've seen you more than a few times :shobon:

there's a good chance I was yelling at people

Niton fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 18, 2015

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Vil posted:

One common observation is that they're quite consistent about attacking whichever opponent is at lesser risk of going on to win the game.

This is super annoying. On the other hand, sometimes it plays out that Adders and Maelstrom fight each other for the entire match while Flames just sit on a bunch of A ranks until we win, and that's ok with me.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Niton posted:

Who are you? I'm sure i've seen you more than a few times :shobon:

there's a good chance I was yelling at people

Well, my PvP observations are more from my PvP friends than myself. I basically never PvP personally. Per contractual highlander obligations, I spend much of my time standing around afk without a shirt.

I expect that at least part of the internal Adders chat though, would be one Adders player yelling at the rest of them for being dumbasses.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Vil posted:

My theory is just that the Badders is the most satisfying nickname, so it sticks the most. The Lames and Failstrom just aren't quite as fun.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
welp I'm back on this game after over a year hiatus. Due to a complete change of location and having no one from my old FC available in my timezone, I decided to start a new char. Is there a goon population on Siren?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
On Balmung Seal Rock tends to go the way of Flames about 75% of the time unless this one premade Adders group pops up from time to time that just masses in a deathball and moves from point to point without even really focusing objectives.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
I'm not sure which the "best" GC is on Primal but I know my win/lose ratio is way south of 1/3rd and is closer to maybe 1/10. I don't see how anyone manages to get the ADS mount given the up to two hour queue times required to even get into PVP in the first place.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

On primal I've only done seal rock about 30 times but I have a 60% win rate with Maelstrom. think I've seen Flames win twice total.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

Kashuno posted:

welp I'm back on this game after over a year hiatus. Due to a complete change of location and having no one from my old FC available in my timezone, I decided to start a new char. Is there a goon population on Siren?

If you just started over and you have no prior connections to anyone, why roll on Siren? Isn't Excalibur pretty much open for registration every time the day now?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Skanker posted:

If you just started over and you have no prior connections to anyone, why roll on Siren? Isn't Excalibur pretty much open for registration every time the day now?

I have a couple friends that wanted to roll on siren, but upon returning and building a char they've informed me they basically aren't active :v: I'd get on Excal if we have a goon presence

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kashuno posted:

I have a couple friends that wanted to roll on siren, but upon returning and building a char they've informed me they basically aren't active :v: I'd get on Excal if we have a goon presence

There are around 1300 goons on excal.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Mr. Nice! posted:

There are around 1300 goons on excal.

Gross, that's an awful lot of cheeto dust and body odor

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Gross, that's an awful lot of cheeto dust and body odor

That's why we have a beach house in TPT. Helps air out the place.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
The Chaos (EU) data center is now under maintenance until Tuesday, and once it returns, it'll actually be located in Europe.

Do we have anyone who's planning to transfer over there and possibly set up a EU FC?

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

Vil posted:

I expect that at least part of the internal Adders chat though, would be one Adders player yelling at the rest of them for being dumbasses.

As an Aether adder there are days I feel like we fight ourselves more than the other GCs. Just so many negative assholes and fighting in chat.

Xenoveritas posted:

I'm not sure which the "best" GC is on Primal but I know my win/lose ratio is way south of 1/3rd and is closer to maybe 1/10. I don't see how anyone manages to get the ADS mount given the up to two hour queue times required to even get into PVP in the first place.

2 hours is unusual. Do you have all languages selected in duty finder or just English? For primal you should just have English.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
So, judging from the last few posts, PvP is as much of a bickering shitfest in this game as it is in other MMOs? I just signed on with the Adders, too.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Pretty much. I remember a recent match where someone was trying to actually lead our team and get people to coordinate, so our team did the responsible thing and vote-kicked them for harassment.

bleuraindrops posted:

2 hours is unusual. Do you have all languages selected in duty finder or just English? For primal you should just have English.

Two hours is the high end, but I almost always have to wait at least an hour for the PVP queue to pop.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Maelstrom has generally been pleasant. Maybe I am just lucky though. I regret not starting the pvp grind sooner. Oh well, only 25 more ranks to go.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Do people actually PvP these days?

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
PvP is dumb and Frontline is dumb and Seal Rock is dumb.

(still beats Neverreap run #215,000 though)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

vOv posted:

Your opener is something like Quelling -> Sharpcast -> F1 -> Ley Lines -> Enochian -> Firestarter F3 -> Raging Strikes -> F4 -> F4 -> F4 -> F1 -> Convert -> F4 -> F4 -> F4 -> B3 -> B4 -> T1/T2 (depends on mana tick timing) -> F3. Your 'maintenance' basically consists of using F1 when you need to refresh your AF timer and F4 when you don't, then B3 -> B4 -> T1/T2 when you need to refresh. Reapply Enochian when you finish your third rotation, because by then it'll only be 15 seconds long which is really short.

If you're standing still, only use Thundercloud procs during Umbral phase (even T3 is like 340 potency, and a single AF3 F4 is like 508 potency), and only use Firestarter F3 as a replacement for an F1 cast. If you're moving, feel free to use either.

AoE is Enochian -> Quelling -> F3 -> F2 until almost empty -> (Swiftcast if up) -> Flare -> (Convert -> Flare) -> Transpose -> B4 -> F4 -> repeat.

quoting for reference when I grow up

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MisterZimbu posted:

PvP is dumb and Frontline is dumb and Seal Rock is dumb.

Oh good so not much changed there.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Kashuno posted:

Frontlines are relatively popular, in the sense that my queue times are usually under an hour. Usually. I think it's fun, reminds me of old Alterac Valley for some reason which is odd since there aren't really any similarities.

Edit: They are still totally dumb as hell though.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 19, 2015

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Kashuno posted:

MisterZimbu posted:

(still beats Neverreap run #215,000 though)
Yeah they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
PvP would be great if it wasn't for all those other players.

• Locked thread