Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

AlmightyPants posted:

If anyone's still playing Supercard, they added teams today. I'd start up a LLJK or PSP or whatever you want to call it one if no one else does. Apparently it confers benefits?

I'd like to join your team. Supercard username is cyberiak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

cyberia posted:

I'd like to join your team. Supercard username is cyberiak.

I made LLJK. Apply and I'll let you in and we'll try and figure this loving thing out.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

AlmightyPants posted:

I made LLJK. Apply and I'll let you in and we'll try and figure this loving thing out.

Sent a request. I'm "The Fork."

Couple other changes...they halved the number of triggers needed to max out a card's Ability score (URs now require 10 instead of 20; Epics 15 instead of 30; etc.) Also, if you sweep a match you get a bonus pick. (This works for RD too; I won 9-0 on a match where I had a pick doubler active, and got 10 picks.)

Things that have not changed: still stupid, and I should stop playing.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
How many folk around here are still active in Fire Pro Wrestling Returns?

I am getin' back into my groove with it. This time I've been creating my IDEAL VISION of a wrestling promotion and it's great to just sim the matches and watch the results. I am the creator and the spectator at the same time and feels p. good. No one's push gets derailed, wins and losses matter (ON MY SPREADSHEETS), plus I get to give out alllll the wacky gimmicks I want. Oh yeah and it's fun!

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Howling Man posted:

How many folk around here are still active in Fire Pro Wrestling Returns?

I am getin' back into my groove with it. This time I've been creating my IDEAL VISION of a wrestling promotion and it's great to just sim the matches and watch the results. I am the creator and the spectator at the same time and feels p. good. No one's push gets derailed, wins and losses matter (ON MY SPREADSHEETS), plus I get to give out alllll the wacky gimmicks I want. Oh yeah and it's fun!

I still crank mine up from time to time, but I wouldn't say I'm necessarily active. Does anyone know if there's a new place to get rosters from? I'd really like an updated NJPW one with real Nakamura.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Well re: the new game, even if Raw isn't treating him right, the new game is doing right by Rusev https://instagram.com/p/84HAI3lUWS/?r=1699829137

He even kicks the back and everything :3:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I remember the Mayhem PPV Codes being kind of hosed because a lot of the people on the card weren't in the actual game

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Evil Canadian posted:

Well re: the new game, even if Raw isn't treating him right, the new game is doing right by Rusev https://instagram.com/p/84HAI3lUWS/?r=1699829137

I hope you can assign those taunts to people and get Eva Marie to yell in Rusev's voice

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I used to be a deli sandwich

Evil Canadian posted:

I love how they show him on Main Event. Not the Wrestlemania arena or anything.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah

AlmightyPants posted:

Thrown my hat in as Dead DiBiase.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

And I thought we as a group had managed to kick the supercard habit. Clean since the s2 update myself and never looking back

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

And I thought we as a group had managed to kick the supercard habit. Clean since the s2 update myself and never looking back

Yep, same. Feels beautiful

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Fat Lowtax posted:

I hope you can assign those taunts to people and get Eva Marie to yell in Rusev's voice
One of the better features of 2K15 was getting Alberto Del Rio to do his arm-slapping taunt in the Performance Center training sequences to elicit ghostly chants of SI SI SI from an empty warehouse

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

One of the better features of 2K15 was getting Alberto Del Rio to do his arm-slapping taunt in the Performance Center training sequences to elicit ghostly chants of SI SI SI from an empty warehouse

Best ever was 2008 when every chop Flair did resulted in a "Woo!" from the crowd. I made sure Flair was all chops all the time that year, leading up to a low blow, so I destroyed my friends' torsos in 30 seconds flat.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So 2K16 comes out soon. Is literally even one human under the sky excited for it?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm excited for the inevitable PC release since I won't have to pay for the DLC.

I treat the 2k games like punchier Minecraft; you just gotta have some good imagination to make it work.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Excited is the wrong word, probably. Cautiously interested?

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

So 2K16 comes out soon. Is literally even one human under the sky excited for it?

I gave up on the series after last year. I'm basically sitting wrestling games out until the developer changes or someone else makes something good.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I liked 2K14 just fine, and I have no wrestling games for my PS4, so I'm pretty excited. The roster looks great, and some of the gameplay changes, like the reversal system, sound good.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm excited to gamefly it in like December and find out in exactly what ways the career mode is not what they promised, and hear Cole pretend to be excited about Brian Pillman.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I'm not bouncing-off-the-walls excited but I've determined I'll pick it up day one, at worst case scenario I get tons of fun messing around with the belt, arena, and show creation tools, at best case I get a solid game.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Waiting for a PC release w/sale.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
i just bought 2K15 for 12 bucks on PC and it's ok?? It looks great, i appreciate the slower pace, but i'm not really clamoring it play it for hours and hours. Its cool to just do one or two matches and then do something else. If 2k16 is the same i'll pay 12 again.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, I caught a pre-sale event for 2k15 on PC at just the right time and ended up paying under 30, and while I don't get a lot of mileage out of the career mode I do like the Universe and Showcase modes. I turn certain settings off though. I'll probably do the same for 2k16, though it'd be nice if you could sell Steam games because I doubt I'll ever play 2k15 again if 2k16 ends up being better.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
In Supercard is Senerio one of you guys or just some random dude?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

AlmightyPants posted:

In Supercard is Senerio one of you guys or just some random dude?

He is goone. He's part of the TEW Monday Night Wars thread. He's super cool.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Excited isn't the right word but I am looking forward to what newLegacy do with it.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Man, gently caress 2k for getting me excited again with that creation suite video. I'm going to buy this piece of poo poo game and just be disappointed and return it two weeks later :smith:

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Someone really needs to make a sonic game cycle picture but for wrestling games.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Aurain posted:

Excited isn't the right word but I am looking forward to what newLegacy do with it.

Yea like I'm not 'excited' so much as I am curious to see what it will do.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

I got last year's on the PS4 as a gift, so I didn't feel quite as burned when it turned out to be a skeletal framework instead of an actual game, so I'm sort of cautiously looking forward to it. It looks like they've added in a bunch of stuff that didn't make it last year, and I liked that they slowed down the pace of the actual gameplay a bit. I'm also interested in the way reversals work now, having a recharging stock of them whose number depends on your stats could help things from being boring reversal fests. Having to manage reversals and stamina could go a long way to making things feel different.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Big Bidness posted:

I got last year's on the PS4 as a gift, so I didn't feel quite as burned when it turned out to be a skeletal framework instead of an actual game, so I'm sort of cautiously looking forward to it. It looks like they've added in a bunch of stuff that didn't make it last year, and I liked that they slowed down the pace of the actual gameplay a bit. I'm also interested in the way reversals work now, having a recharging stock of them whose number depends on your stats could help things from being boring reversal fests. Having to manage reversals and stamina could go a long way to making things feel different.

Yea the new systems seem neat and it seems career mode is finally an actual career mode rather than Vickie's Tweets Sim 2015. It's loving dumb that they released what was clearly a framework of what they wanted to do last year, and this year just makes that even more clear, but honestly I'll be glad if we just get an actual wrassling game this year.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Not being able to change the difficulty or turn on blood in last years career mode was a huge bummer.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Blasmeister posted:

I'm actually enjoying Season 2 more than the original iteration. I normally play the special events each week and maybe one KOTR a week and am progressing through the ranks at a decent rate. I am also horribly addicted to reading the Supercard forum and the never-ending stream of bitching from people who hate the changes that have been made.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The meta for online in WWE Immortals is completely broken. Half the teams I face are the same set designed to constantly heal. They are nearly invincible.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Liar Lyre posted:

WWE Immortals ... are nearly invincible.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Information about create a show
https://youtu.be/_usLN1kBclI
More info including about the props for create a arena. Assume this is PS4/X-Box One.
https://youtu.be/2_Ua8r9Tv54

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

MisterGBH posted:

Information about create a show
https://youtu.be/_usLN1kBclI
More info including about the props for create a arena. Assume this is PS4/X-Box One.
https://youtu.be/2_Ua8r9Tv54

I only understand about a third of the words coming out of this guy's mouth.

e: Okay, maybe he was just drunk for the first video because I can understand him perfectly in the second one.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 19, 2015

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

All I got was that you can use custom arenas in exhibitions (seems like one of those features that's only "new" because it was cut for one iteration), that you can change the camera watermark to a custom image. So I guess they did that thing where they don't include a Nitro mode but include all the pieces allowing you to make a facsimile of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea the new systems seem neat and it seems career mode is finally an actual career mode rather than Vickie's Tweets Sim 2015. It's loving dumb that they released what was clearly a framework of what they wanted to do last year, and this year just makes that even more clear, but honestly I'll be glad if we just get an actual wrassling game this year.

The reversal thing, if done well, also seems like it'd lend itself to replicating a heel getting the heat on the babyface. Used all your reversals? You get beat up for a bit, then you get them back and start your comeback.