Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
Just started playing again on my sniper, Nizhny. Can I get an invite to the Empire guild?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Logged in to find my main (at the time a level 33 Operative) was purged from the guild, I guess from inactivity? I log in fairly regularly though, so no idea what's up there.

Anyway, I'd appreciate a re-invite to That's No Goon. Name's Dronu, I'm powering through story missions with the free time I have as long as the 12x bonus is in effect.

Edit: I can't decide which class to pick for my free level 60. I've never gotten a class higher than my current operative (now 41), so I guess I should pick the one whose story interests me the least, right? If I pick one with a story that does interest me, then I won't be as motivated to level up a character if I've already got a level 60? :confused:

Drone fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Oct 18, 2015

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

arisu posted:

Consular Sybalt:

What are those gloves /chestpiece? That looks awesome.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Great news for those of you ideologically correct enough to play Republic side: the Goon Squad glorious headquarters on sunny Coruscant now features a GTN station, mail, Legacy Bank (ok that was there before) and a few vendors to offload junk. Also: rugs!

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

SKY COQ posted:

Great news for those of you ideologically correct enough to play Republic side: the Goon Squad glorious headquarters on sunny Coruscant now features a GTN station, mail, Legacy Bank (ok that was there before) and a few vendors to offload junk. Also: rugs!

RUGS?!

Im transfering my long unused shadow as we speak

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Stalins Moustache posted:

What are those gloves /chestpiece? That looks awesome.

http://tor-fashion.com/hallowed-gothic/

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

:siren:With KOTFE launching next week, I'm running a contest:siren:

The Prize: An unlock token for the Togruta species! A 600cc or ~$1.3 million (on the GTN currently) value! Note that this unlock is account-wide!

The Rules:

1. Send an in-game mail to Xodiac with your SA name in it from the character you wish to enter into the contest.
2. Character must be a current member in good standing of TNG. By good standing, I mean you at least have the comment section on your character filled with your SA name*
3. Post a picture of a character (Imp or repub) in this thread showcasing your best outfit.
4. I'm going on the honor system here but please do not enter the contest if you already have this unlock. I'm not looking for people who will simply resell the token on the GTN. Sorry people who already have it :(
5. Only one entry per person.

I'll be choosing a winner at random on or near the 20th and mailing the token to them then.

Good luck!

*FYI if you don't have this, ask anyone with the rank of Major or above to fill it in the guild page next to your name. If you're a Major, you can do it yourself. Those that don't have this entry filled have a greater chance to be guild kicked by Medullah on one of his drunken rampages :eng101:

Last 2 days to get in on this!

Also, Goon Fashion updated again with the latest pics from the last few pages

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Jedi Knight Kell Dragon belt best belt in the game. Flashy Republic logo!

This x1000!

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Whos actually in the republic goon squad because every time I message someone from the list that pops up when I search Goon Squad they have no idea what Im talkin bout

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

There's a button in the who thing you can change to show the guild they are in. Sometimes it's just another guild with goon in the name like dragoon.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Hi posted:

Whos actually in the republic goon squad because every time I message someone from the list that pops up when I search Goon Squad they have no idea what Im talkin bout

If you're using /who "Goon" or the like, then you actually have to press the search looking glass after it brings up the window because it doesn't actually do a search using your terms.

Since launch day. :cripes:

And you'd probably have better luck hopping on the Empire side and asking if someone in TNG can get you in Goon Squad.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
So what is the best way to grind companion Affection for a level 60 char with only 24k credits

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Do dailies to make like 500k in a couple hours of work and buy gifts?

Belsavis dailies also give like +800 affection for the active companion per day.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Tuskin38 posted:

So what is the best way to grind companion Affection for a level 60 char with only 24k credits

Go make some money you filthy poor! :shepface:

There isn't really a way around it, you have to buy gifts or send companions on gift missions, and both cost a lot of money.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Can someone invite Switchswatch and majorgoongirlsa to the empire guild?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Bait and Swatch posted:

Can someone invite Switchswatch and majorgoongirlsa to the empire guild?
You have to be online with the character you want to have invited. Message someone from in-game.

Dick Trauma posted:

Mako watches Culpeppa do that thing with his flamer. Again.

You know, this is such a simple look but it feels Star Wars BH iconic with that helmet. I like it.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
If I were to buy something in the cartel solely to sell in the GTN, what would be something likely to have good value? Thexan's set?

I miss FFXIV's market, you could see the history of sales for individual items, so you could know if stuff is actually being sold for the price they're being listed as.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Beeme posted:

If I were to buy something in the cartel solely to sell in the GTN, what would be something likely to have good value? Thexan's set?

I miss FFXIV's market, you could see the history of sales for individual items, so you could know if stuff is actually being sold for the price they're being listed as.

Just don't pick unlocks meant for preferred players, as those have a credit limit at 350k, limiting how much you can charge for it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Beeme posted:

Hypercrates are guaranteed credits.

Dunno-Lars posted:

Just don't pick unlocks meant for preferred players, as those have a credit limit at 350k, limiting how much you can charge for it.

Not 100% true - a lot of things are sold at greater than 350k to subs who are planning to drop to preferred. But I wouldn't count on too many of those right now.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Jan posted:

If you're using /who "Goon" or the like, then you actually have to press the search looking glass after it brings up the window because it doesn't actually do a search using your terms.

Since launch day. :cripes:

And you'd probably have better luck hopping on the Empire side and asking if someone in TNG can get you in Goon Squad.

And if you're searching goon squad, you're getting everyone with "squad" in their guild

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

It was brought up that some people still wear the Black Talon Operative outfit. It can look really good dyed. My sniper -

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

It was brought up that some people still wear the Black Talon Operative outfit. It can look really good dyed. My sniper -

Yep, the coat is the centerpiece of the white outfit I posted earlier, though the rest of that outfit is a weird mishmash of pieces I found on the GTN.

Word of warning to anyone planning to use it, the Black Talon coat takes dyes weirdly.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cythereal posted:

Yep, the coat is the centerpiece of the white outfit I posted earlier, though the rest of that outfit is a weird mishmash of pieces I found on the GTN.

Word of warning to anyone planning to use it, the Black Talon coat takes dyes weirdly.

Yeah that outfit is dyed white and red. Everything is pure white except the shoes. Bizarre.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

Yeah that outfit is dyed white and red. Everything is pure white except the shoes. Bizarre.

Mine was also dyed white and red. There are a few thin lines of red on the gauntlets and belt. I discovered when using colored dyes, though, that the heavy fur-looking part of the coat takes on a much darker shade than the lighter parts of the coat.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
For Operatives there's also the level 40 or 50 Comm jacket. It's basically the Subversive one but with a different base color on the back and shoulder bits.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
Is there a reason why you can't access Shadow of Revan until Fallen Empire is released if you buy the Amazon bundle?

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

vanbags posted:

Is there a reason why you can't access Shadow of Revan until Fallen Empire is released if you buy the Amazon bundle?

Because the bundle doesn't actually contain the expansions and SoR doesn't go free for subscribers until then.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does that pack work if you're already subscribed, by the way?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

kippa posted:

Because the bundle doesn't actually contain the expansions and SoR doesn't go free for subscribers until then.

Right, it's been mentioned a few times in the thread but it's in the details -

quote:

This starter pack also offers access to the highly acclaimed story expansions, Shadow of Revan and Rise of the Hutt Cartel, plus unlimited access to the Galactic Starfighter expansion. (Please note: Shadow of Revan becomes accessible on October 27, 2015)

Still a drat good deal.

Also as a reminder - I'd like to try and do Nightmare Mode TFB or S&V (right now leaning toward S&V as Operator 9 has ridiculous mechanics) tonight around 8pm EDT. This will be tough. But there are cool mounts and rewards, so I'd like to try it while it's tough tonight and not near impossible on Tuesday.

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Aphrodite posted:

Does that pack work if you're already subscribed, by the way?

It does! It's a pretty drat good deal and you get a baby rancor to boot!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

If I buy it after having bought 60 days of sub does it add to that time normally?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

StashAugustine posted:

If I buy it after having bought 60 days of sub does it add to that time normally?
Yup, it's why those packs are so great.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Is there any easy way to check to make sure you're good to go for early access and the other rewards? Pretty sure I was subbed the whole time but their account page is pretty dumb.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

VanillaGorilla posted:

Is there any easy way to check to make sure you're good to go for early access and the other rewards? Pretty sure I was subbed the whole time but their account page is pretty dumb.

Go to your account and look under payment options, you'll see a list of payment dates. You can make sure you were subbed at the right dates from there.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hey guys, haven't played since launch but thinking of picking this up again with the new expansion. As with most MMOs there are fun classes, there are OP classes, etc. I don't care about story too much. When I played I played a sentinel, the dual light saber weilder for the light side. I got to max level and had some decent fun until I realized illum was broken.

Which of the two SA guilds are more populated right now?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Zotix posted:

Hey guys, haven't played since launch but thinking of picking this up again with the new expansion. As with most MMOs there are fun classes, there are OP classes, etc. I don't care about story too much. When I played I played a sentinel, the dual light saber weilder for the light side. I got to max level and had some decent fun until I realized illum was broken.

Which of the two SA guilds are more populated right now?

We are Empire side. Class balance is pretty good in pve atm, no idea how it will be later on, though Marauaders are no ones favorite. Powertechs and Sorcs are really safe bets. But you can make anything work.

Also Medullah the servers are laggy as hell atm, and it seems to be on their end, so I hope it all clears up by the time we try NiM stuff. :ohdear:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Eimi posted:

We are Empire side. Class balance is pretty good in pve atm, no idea how it will be later on, though Marauaders are no ones favorite. Powertechs and Sorcs are really safe bets. But you can make anything work.

Also Medullah the servers are laggy as hell atm, and it seems to be on their end, so I hope it all clears up by the time we try NiM stuff. :ohdear:

If it doesn't we'll blame Bioware rather than us being terrible.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

If it doesn't we'll blame Bioware rather than us being terrible.

And if they're back to normal people will just blame your terrible instructions. So it all works out!

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Also, whoever was saying that the screenshot button was finicky was right. I've never had this much trouble taking screenshots, even after remapping to 3 different buttons. It'll work once and then not at all, even with logout outs/in and/or restarts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

Also, whoever was saying that the screenshot button was finicky was right. I've never had this much trouble taking screenshots, even after remapping to 3 different buttons. It'll work once and then not at all, even with logout outs/in and/or restarts.

It's really worth using fraps or GeForce experience for it if you have an nvidia card, it's the only way I've found to make them reliable. There's also alt-printscreen if you're using Windows 8/10, all of them bypass the clients printscreen.

• Locked thread