Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

From a consumer standpoint, why eould I buy all that crap instead of 350 dollar PS4 bundle.

steam planned all this poo poo out when the old consoles were dying and the new ones werent out yet but then they took years to get it out whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If it's cool I'll use it instead of the xbox controller. If not then whatever. Another 50 dollars wasted on trying something I guess.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Wormskull posted:

If it's cool I'll use it instead of the xbox controller. If not then whatever. Another 50 dollars wasted on trying something I guess.
You could've (and should've imho) spent that money on exactly 3.85 Amiiboes.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I sincerely love couchgaming and whatever gets the retarded PC gamers to give a shot is good i guess. But I can't shake the feeling that the ultimate fate of the steam controller is sharing a box with the e-Reader and nokia ngage.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I sincerely love couchgaming and whatever gets the retarded PC gamers to give a shot is good i guess. But I can't shake the feeling that the ultimate fate of the steam controller is sharing a box with the e-Reader and nokia ngage.

If that's what happens then as I always like to say... It is what it is.

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The Nokia Ngage is in its own, special box, six feet under.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Bedgaming.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
2015 will be the year I got both a wii u and the steam controller and brought bedgaming to heights unseen since getting a GBA SP and not needing my flashlight anymore

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

SeXReX posted:

2015 will be the year I got both a wii u and the steam controller and brought bedgaming to heights unseen since getting a GBA SP and not needing my fleshlight anymore
:raise:

e: nice ninja edit.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Male masturbation aid shaming does not fly in my threads, and I would hope not at all in this forum. Grow up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My bedroom TV is wear I keep my PS2 slim hooked up. 100% of my DQVIII play through has been with a pillow under my chin and my legs kicking playfully back and forth in the air.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Honestly if your still cumming into your hand like an impotent little turd in 2015 I have no sympathy for you.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

rediscover posted:

Honestly if your still cumming into your hand like an impotent little turd in 2015 I have no sympathy for you.
:stare:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hey look at me and my bruised, sore, scabbed dick! Haha, people who have an awesome sensual experience with masturbation sleeves of their brand preference are idiots.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Wormskull posted:

Hey look at me and my bruised, sore, scabbed dick! Haha, people who have an awesome sensual experience with masturbation sleeves of their brand preference are idiots.
Please don't post about your gross dick in this thread, ed.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Wormskull posted:

What do you have, crab claws? What the gently caress were you doing before your fleshlight?

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

No Such Thing posted:

What do you have, crab claws? What the gently caress were you doing before your fleshlight?
He's morbidly obese. He was probably using one of those plastic grip reacher things.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

coldplay chiptunes posted:

:raise:

e: nice ninja edit.

It's true, I didn't start getting laid till after I got a GBA SP

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

SeXReX posted:

It's true, I didn't start getting laid till after I got a GBA SP
I got laid shortly before the GBA SP was released, which is honestly hosed up for me to think about since I was 17 at the time and I fondly remember playing GBA SP.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
*rushes into thread with badly tied tie and haphazardly buttoned shirt* Because you touch yourself at night *pant*

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
my usb controller has been faithful every time i hooked the pc to the livingroom tv but im glad valve is experimenting to get games that arent suited to controllers to work with one. shame it apparently didnt work

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

steam planned all this poo poo out when the old consoles were dying and the new ones werent out yet but then they took years to get it out whoops

it probably didnt help that they gut their hardware division for not accepting esports being too blue collar, and instead opted to let like 5 friggin companies thunderdome it out with their own gimpy looking pc's

i still want the controller to be good tho

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I really would have bought this if it had a regular D pad but it has an rear end pad instead

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ArfJason posted:

my usb controller has been faithful every time i hooked the pc to the livingroom tv but im glad valve is experimenting to get games that arent suited to controllers to work with one. shame it apparently didnt work

it's not quite that it didn't work it's just that it doesn't work amazingly. it's serviceable and def better than a standard controller with xpadder for kb+m stuff. plus it's been like three days and it feels like one of thsoe things you have to adjust to to get the most out of it

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
my new guide for couch pc gaming
does the game support controllers? use a standard controller
does the game only support kb+m? use the steam controller
is it a fps? use a kb+m you god drat idiot. what the gently caress is wrong with you

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

my new guide for couch pc gaming
does the game support controllers? use a standard controller
does the game only support kb+m? use the steam controller
is it a fps? use a kb+m you god drat idiot. what the gently caress is wrong with you

any game I want to play that is keyboard exclusive u kinda want to sit close to the screen anyways so it still seems kinda useless

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
people can definitely slouch couch style at a computer desk as well..

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Proud Rat Mom posted:

any game I want to play that is keyboard exclusive u kinda want to sit close to the screen anyways so it still seems kinda useless

yeah that's a big issue right now, some games don't have ui scaling that take into account if you sit far away. had to turn down the resolution on civ 5 to see what was happening

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Don't listen to the man who still plays Civ 5 everyone. Enjoy your Steam Controller otherwise.

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

Turns out a friend of mine got one of these and I had a chance to try it out.

The two major things: I think the inward curve shape of the controller is really good, it keeps you from gripping the controller too hard and cramping your hands. But the front buttons are too small, they're like the size of 3DS buttons.

If they come out with a Steam Controller Version 2, I'll probably buy that.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Every time I turn my TV on it looks like mom's basement is being hailed by a Klingon bird-of-prey. The limiting factor for kb/m couch gaming is the fact Logitech refuse to make a wireless KB/trackpad combo where the keyboard end isn't a hate crime.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wormskull posted:

Don't listen to the man who still plays Civ 5 everyone. Enjoy your Steam Controller otherwise.

i play civ 5 with my father, a non gamer who enjoys it, whom i love very much. jest about how we bond if you must, but know that if you do you reveal yourself to be a man without honour

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the one thing ive found is the best part of Steam Controller is if you put it up in your rear end, its tactile response vibrations feel great.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i play civ 5 with my father, a non gamer who enjoys it, whom i love very much. jest about how we bond if you must, but know that if you do you reveal yourself to be a man without honour

When I was 12 I bought Jeopardy! for the Nintendo 64 for my dad's birthday hoping for a similar bonding experience. He never played it with me a single time. Thanks for bad feels, oval office.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

what is his name?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Snackula posted:

Every time I turn my TV on it looks like mom's basement is being hailed by a Klingon bird-of-prey. The limiting factor for kb/m couch gaming is the fact Logitech refuse to make a wireless KB/trackpad combo where the keyboard end isn't a hate crime.

the settings button on my tv is going insane and changing sources constantly. i think it's haunted or something.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
wireless kb+m are so good for everything but gaming because of input lag and sometimes dropped inputs

i got pretty far in dustforce with one but it wasn't good enough

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
How similar is it to a TurboTouch360 pad from the 90's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Does anyone own the hori rape pad?

• Locked thread