Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

President Ark posted:

In regards to both "how do I get good with sword and board" and "gently caress packmasters :gonk:": The handgun for the dwarf/soldier does a shitload of damage. I'm only up to hard but it's still instakilling everything except armored enemies and rat ogres on bodyshots and instakilling armored enemies on headshots. It's also really accurate.

The handgun is basically the ultimate answer to specials if you've got good aim. It's a huge waste of time and effort on clanrats and such but it's a point-click-delete on any special short of a rat ogre if you land the headshot. If your aim isn't great it's a really poo poo weapon and you're better off with something else, though(crossbow is a good step down because it's nearly as powerful and reloads faster so it's more forgiving).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Drakenel posted:

New thread titles:

Vermintide: We all die die now.

Vermintide: KILL THAT HOOKER

Vermintide: I thought the elf was a rat!

Vermintide: Drop the grimoire or the elf gets it

randombattle posted:

I keep trying to shoot the dwarf.

This is offensive and you have been reported to the campaign for equal heights :colbert:

Also, I hope one of the future dlc classes is the slayer. With the low health mechanic it would be hilarious.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
I want raid levels where we fight special named skaven like Deathmaster Snikch or Throt the Unclean.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Grogsy posted:

Also, I hope one of the future dlc classes is the slayer. With the low health mechanic it would be hilarious.

This is only acceptable if his hats are actually a series of increasingly ridiculous mohawks. I'm talking "eventually taller than the soldier" levels of ridiculous.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Bussamove posted:

This is only acceptable if his hats are actually a series of increasingly ridiculous mohawks. I'm talking "eventually taller than the soldier" levels of ridiculous.

It's quite possible since if you read the backstory, Bardin is in the city because there's a sizeable Dwarf community there.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I would like a dark elf please, cheese the lore how ever you have to but get it done fatshark tia.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Since it took me forever to work it out, here's how the Bright Wizard works.

Before you reach the 50% mark your heat cools down slowly. It cools down much faster past the 50% marks as you approach 100%.
You are NOT taking damage if you're above 50%, you only take damage if you reload to cool down faster when above 50% or if you reach 100% and explode. You can reload below 50% without getting hurt.

So don't be like me and constantly reload the heat because you thought flames meant you were taking damage. Unless you badly need to cool off RIGHT NOW to blow something up just stab a few things or wait for some to dissipate.

If I got anything wrong yell at me.

Fans fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 19, 2015

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i've never hit 100% (or seen anyone hit 100%) outside of the inn - does that kill you or does it just knock you out/deal a fuckload of damage to you

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

President Ark posted:

i've never hit 100% (or seen anyone hit 100%) outside of the inn - does that kill you or does it just knock you out/deal a fuckload of damage to you

It drops you and does a fuckload of damage to everything around you. It doesn't insta-kill you just drops you.

It's about on par with a bomb for damage, maybe a little more. If you're going to fall over anyway might as well go wild and risk it.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

President Ark posted:

Edit: Beaten like the dwarf in the average game. What I get for wandering off after hitting reply

Nebiros fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 19, 2015

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_catcher
Its for catching us and I guess it works on the elf too.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

lewtt posted:

pls baby gimme a good one. (not hag bow)

what's wrong with the hag bow

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Demiurge4 posted:

Chance for 30% increased attack speed on a melee kill (this owns on two handers)

It's ludicrous on the Elf's dual daggers. Turns her into a loving lawnmower.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

It's not a Man Catcher, it's a Things Catcher! :eng101:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Warhammer's so full of "oh man, these guys" that there's countless classes that could be cool as hell. While I'm pulling for the things I like the most(Light Wizard(having a bunch of blinds like the bright wizard has burns could be super fun with all enemies on screen), Warrior Priest of Ulric/Sigmar/Myrmidia, Runesmith), but I honestly think that aside from a goblin I'd be happy with whatever they added. Even the lowly rat catcher with a small, but vicious dog would be super great.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Also with the fireball staff, just hold your right click fireballs for .1 second before releasing them. You can shoot off two, vent your heat, shoot off two, and vent your heat without ever taking damage and you still poo poo out enough damage to clear a horde. holding it through the animation doesn't seem to improve your damage THAT much, and causes you to accumulate substantially more heat

Save going into the red for real "oh poo poo" moments

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Fans posted:

Since it took me forever to work it out, here's how the Bright Wizard works.

Before you reach the 50% mark your heat cools down slowly. It cools down much faster past the 50% marks as you approach 100%.
You are NOT taking damage if you're above 50%, you only take damage if you reload to cool down faster when above 50% or if you reach 100% and explode. You can reload below 50% without getting hurt.

So don't be like me and constantly reload the heat because you thought flames meant you were taking damage. Unless you badly need to cool off RIGHT NOW to blow something up just stab a few things or wait for some to dissipate.

If I got anything wrong yell at me.

Mostly correct. The cutoff is nowhere near 50%, more like 25. Your passive cooling also slows down when you're above it, not the other way around.

Regarding things that proc on hit, does each enemy hit from a single swing count as a separate hit?

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 19, 2015

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I want a mod that replaces the Stormvermin marching chant with this.

Also bolt staff rules; I've got one with a knockback bonus which means I can hold back chumps all day and the fire bolt alternate makes me feel like I'm freaking Zeus.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've only seen this once but it cracked me up:

On Horn, there is the silo you go up and then across some awnings. A horde pours in at the top of the silo and I hunker down as a shield soldier while my buds show them what for.
They all clash against my shield and are completely evicerated.

I step out and see a lone rat pressed up against the wall and as I get closer it shouts, "NO, NO, NOOOOO!"
My sword silenced the curr.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

We had a hard double grim run on horn and we were hiding away from an incomming patrol, A loving packmaster phased through the door, pulled me and right into the oncomming patrol. Then the patrol 1shot the 2 other dudes hiding in the room behind the door. Good times. We all wiped.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

TwatHammer posted:

We had a hard double grim run on horn and we were hiding away from an incomming patrol, A loving packmaster phased through the door, pulled me and right into the oncomming patrol. Then the patrol 1shot the 2 other dudes hiding in the room behind the door. Good times. We all wiped.

Packmasters have strong magicks.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

i rolled poorly

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've had a Gunner inside the roof of a building shooting through the geometry.
Thankfully my bullets went through as well!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
My group has run into multiple instances of Gutter Runners pouncing onto players and then levitating them high into the air.

Also Gas Rats deciding that the best place to detonate themselves is in the middle of their own comrades, nowhere near the players. Globadiers are weird.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

ChickenHeart posted:

My group has run into multiple instances of Gutter Runners pouncing onto players and then levitating them high into the air.

I've been seeing the strange levitating gutter runners for a few days now. Definitely frustrating, though not as frustrating as rattling gunners who can wallhack. Wiped to a few of those by now.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

ChickenHeart posted:

This just happened to me, best I can tell is that it's when they've been hit just before their pounce gets someone and then they're doing their backflip animation for getting hit while sneaking up on someone but actually attached to the player first and so stays in pounced-on mode.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

This game is fun but gently caress my loot rolls. I finished 6-7 maps today and came out with 2 greens and 5 whites, and we collected every tome possible along with a couple grimoire runs.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
You can look at things with Z. Look at things with Z. Especially the Grimoire.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

DatonKallandor posted:

You can look at things with Z. Look at things with Z. Especially the Grimoire.

It looks back at you. :stare:

Also look at the potions, because they have old-timey ad copy on them. The healing potion says something like "Take this when you're seeing the spirits of the dead".

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

haha what. just had an ambush during the camera pan around level starting screen. took control of our characters surrounded by rats

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Just got into a pretty good hard group and the game crashed ~3 minutes before the end of the level. :negative: I have now spent 3-4 hours trying to beat any level on hard. Carry me to victory, people idling in group chat.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 19, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
So, just as a headsup: The potion of strenght? I increases ALLyour damage, not just melee. Even bombs. One strenght potion+one bomb = one insta-wiped Stormvermin patrol on Hard mode.

Also, dual elf daggers with +30% attack speed proc are hilarious. Dual elf daggers with +30% attack speed and a speed potion? Girl goes full Hokuto no Ken. :stonklol:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Wizard tip: your overheat will only kill you if you cast at maximum heat. So when you hit max heat, let it drop one tick then cast again. It allows you to never have to stop shotgunning with a beam staff. If you are less than 100% it just sets you back to 100% without killing you.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Also if you have a lull low hp and have a healing item. Overheat, kill yourself, and have a teammate get you up. Having someone pick you up sets you at 50% and if you heal after you usually end up at max hp

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Drythe posted:

Also if you have a lull low hp and have a healing item. Overheat, kill yourself, and have a teammate get you up. Having someone pick you up sets you at 50% and if you heal after you usually end up at max hp

The medkit works like L4D ones and just does 80% of your missing HP. The healing potion, on the other hand, is always 30% of your maximum... except it also converts the grey HP you get after being revived into permanent HP. :eng101:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

sirtommygunn posted:

This game is fun but gently caress my loot rolls. I finished 6-7 maps today and came out with 2 greens and 5 whites, and we collected every tome possible along with a couple grimoire runs.

I'm level 21, mostly play on hard, always get the tomes and sometimes grab grimoires, and have more playtime in Bright Wizard than anything else. The entirety of my BW arsenal? One of each type of staff in white quality, the starter white sword, a white mace, and a green flaming sword. It's the worst.

Drythe posted:

Wizard tip: your overheat will only kill you if you cast at maximum heat. So when you hit max heat, let it drop one tick then cast again. It allows you to never have to stop shotgunning with a beam staff. If you are less than 100% it just sets you back to 100% without killing you.

Just gave this a shot. Doesn't really seem to let you fire faster than you'd be able to by venting between shots and staying under the ~25% threshold, but you can move full speed while doing it which is nice. It also lets you get back into the fire shotgun spam rhythm more quickly after you've gone nuts and overheated for whatever reason. Unfortunately it's also very dangerous since you will die if you click slightly too early. Still a nice thing to keep in mind though.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 19, 2015

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

When throwing bombs and fireballs, jump first in order to lob it into the dead center of a group, thus hitting more rats.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Grondoth posted:

Warhammer's so full of "oh man, these guys" that there's countless classes that could be cool as hell. While I'm pulling for the things I like the most(Light Wizard(having a bunch of blinds like the bright wizard has burns could be super fun with all enemies on screen), Warrior Priest of Ulric/Sigmar/Myrmidia, Runesmith), but I honestly think that aside from a goblin I'd be happy with whatever they added. Even the lowly rat catcher with a small, but vicious dog would be super great.

On my wish-list is a Bretonnian pack with a Knight of the Realm/Knight Errant and his Man-At-Arms/Squire as characters. The dialogue between them alone would be worth the price of admission with the whole "Super nobility that has no idea how much of a prick he is and his long suffering but loyal dirt covered largely uneducated helper" interaction.

Also bad french accents.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Well the Empire guys are all basically German but they still speak with a British accent. Bretonnians would hopefully be like the Monty Python French guys, but I'm guessing they'd just make them British too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

I'd drop bank for some kinda Bretonnian character.

• Locked thread