Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ2fPR70ors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Im sure you are better at the game than me but I was thinking while watching, I wonder if the throttle when you landed made you oversteer more + rebound harder from more weight going back and therefor more likely to roll. I feel like I would have tried handbrake there and maybe just skidded towards trees on the outside. I've found that handbraking weirdly catches a lot of oversteers, which seems counter-intuitive? I certainly wouldn't have gone for my handbrake on the road IRL...

I have spun out so many times on finland because of the unsettling on the crest before a turning crest thing. Sometimes it makes me wish the bloody fins would shell out for a couple of bulldozers to go around flattening their rural roads out.

quaunaut
Sep 15, 2007

WHOOSH
Took a good month, but I finally feel like I'm back up to speed. Trying to finish out a Class A Championship so that I can buy a 2010s car- I'm leaning toward the mini(that thing is beastly every time I've tried it), but we'll see. Then again, Modern Masters comes out soon, so maybe I'll hold off.

It's nice to be good at it again. I took 4 months off thanks to moving, but this is still my favorite way to be alone right now. So weird, I was never into Rally before, and now I can't get enough.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dirt Rally is currently my favorite game. I play it everyday and I really suck but still having a lot of fun. To be honest I haven't enjoyed a racing sim in a long time and this is the first to really grab me.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

NO track racing game has ever come close to how awesome it feels to flat out scandi flick an open 3/4... I feel like this pretty much sums up why rally games are more fun to me. Also using power!! to turn tighter is the most manly of tactics.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Qmass posted:

Im sure you are better at the game than me but I was thinking while watching, I wonder if the throttle when you landed made you oversteer more + rebound harder from more weight going back and therefor more likely to roll. I feel like I would have tried handbrake there and maybe just skidded towards trees on the outside. I've found that handbraking weirdly catches a lot of oversteers, which seems counter-intuitive? I certainly wouldn't have gone for my handbrake on the road IRL...

I have spun out so many times on finland because of the unsettling on the crest before a turning crest thing. Sometimes it makes me wish the bloody fins would shell out for a couple of bulldozers to go around flattening their rural roads out.

What actually happened is that I was nosed over + trying to turn while landing, thus causing the front tires to dig in. The new tire model lets that happen a lot, it's pretty fun.

quaunaut
Sep 15, 2007

WHOOSH
Do YOU want to feel what it's like to be a worthless piece of poo poo trying to race a car where you can't tell the difference between when you have tires or don't have tires?

Then try today's Daily Challenge! You'll get to be in a Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500, a car so awful that you'd be better off in a red wagon, since it has none of the required things for a vehicle: Power, steering, or traction!

Try your most frustrating piece of loving poo poo motherfuck this car is so stupid gently caress you Ford today!

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The RS500 is one of my favourite cars in the game actually. The weight makes the understeer predictable, so it's easy to control.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

How's ffb now? Do I still need to mod it or what

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
The Sierra's a very fun car to drive and if you don't like it you are wrong

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

quaunaut posted:

Do YOU want to feel what it's like to be a worthless piece of poo poo trying to race a car where you can't tell the difference between when you have tires or don't have tires?

Then try today's Daily Challenge! You'll get to be in a Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500, a car so awful that you'd be better off in a red wagon, since it has none of the required things for a vehicle: Power, steering, or traction!

Try your most frustrating piece of loving poo poo motherfuck this car is so stupid gently caress you Ford today!
:agreed:

Between Dailies and my testing before buying in career,* it's literally the only car in the entire game I'm inclined to just never get.

* Granted both were done before the revised vehicle physics models; it might be better than before. Even if it is though, I highly doubt it's up to the BMW E30 good for 80's class.

Google Butt posted:

I don't use a wheel, but from Dev Diaries it sounds like yes. They're waiting until all vehicle classes have been updated to the new vehicle physics model (still working on Group B/A) before messing with the FFB. So, theoretically, it should be part of this month's patch since presumably the lingering vehicle physics models will be.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Google Butt posted:

Yes, but you should probably still mod it because not all the cars have gotten the v2 physics and the ffb improvements they bring.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Sooo... is Dirtygoons dead??

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Hey uh, I wanna know if the overlay on this recording looks alright and you seem like the people to ask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rear end-u91TNhM

Thoughts? I'm thinking of making the triggers bigger, face buttons smaller and putting the whole thing on the left where it won't get in the way of the accelerometer.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

dsriggs posted:

Sooo... is Dirtygoons dead??

I've been thinking about this, if it is I'm probably gonna make a new league.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Post your codemasters player ID and I'll make you a manager.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Jehde posted:

Post your codemasters player ID and I'll make you a manager.

1497134 is it I believe.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Uh the name you used to join the league.

E: That works I guess, promoted.

Also if the league is full let me or a manager know and we can clean it out a bit.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 19, 2015

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Jehde posted:

Uh the name you used to join the league.

E: That works I guess, promoted.

Cool, I'll set up a new season tomorrow.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Actually I think the league is already full, so I'll start posting a bunch of names on the chopping block.

:siren: IF YOUR CODEMASTERS NAME IS IN THIS LIST AND YOU'D LIKE TO STAY IN THE LEAGUE, :justpost: (YOUR CODEMASTERS NAME SO I KNOW WHO YOU ARE) :siren:

Marxism_ftw
Dred_furst
The Real JCole
CJBOLTZ
Nerdrock
[E] Kilonum
Bearpunk
changed my name
Raize
psnake
a basic bitch
Jekub
Boosh
EndymionFRS
agentcodybanks
mearn
Diplomat
Jake
Wegee

Jehde fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 25, 2015

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I am posting in this high quality thread.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Please don't axe me I'm WARIOMAN

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Bentai posted:

I am posting in this high quality thread.

Post your codemasters name then.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Dirt Rally is currently my favorite game. I play it everyday and I really suck but still having a lot of fun. To be honest I haven't enjoyed a racing sim in a long time and this is the first to really grab me.

:agreed:

Schorsch
Nov 23, 2010

Jehde posted:

Actually I think the league is already full, so I'll start posting a bunch of names on the chopping block.

:siren: IF YOUR CODEMASTERS NAME IS IN THIS LIST AND YOU'D LIKE TO STAY IN THE LEAGUE, :justpost: :siren:

I am GrootSchorsch. And I like to rally.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
I would like to stay please.

alr
May 14, 2009
I'm Raize on that list but yeah go ahead and remove me since I probably won't play this game much/at all until all the content is there

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Am still plane game.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

IMO Monte Carlo is over-hyped, much like other Monaco based Motorsport events. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMnvPt4oJ68 from about 8:00 is so much more exciting. Its like they paved over a dirt stage the week before the rally...

Qmass fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Oct 19, 2015

vjee32
Feb 1, 2008
I want to stay! Same name as forum.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Qmass posted:

IMO Monte Carlo is over-hyped, much like other Monaco based Motorsport events. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMnvPt4oJ68 from about 8:00 is so much more exciting. Its like they paved over a dirt stage the week before the rally...

Yep, Corsica owns. It would be a great asphalt rally in this game just for all the technical, narrow stages where you need every bit of agility you can get.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

If you guys don't post your Codemasters name then I won't know which to remove from the chopping block. You also don't need to post if your name isn't in the list. I'll keep the list up for a couple days and remove any names from the list that are posted here, after that I'll just remove the remainder from the league. Don't worry too much if you didn't post in time and get axed, with free space in the league it should be easy enough just to join again. I'll try and keep atleast some room in the league to join from now on.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Jehde posted:

:siren: IF YOUR CODEMASTERS NAME IS IN THIS LIST AND YOU'D LIKE TO STAY IN THE LEAGUE, :justpost: (YOUR CODEMASTERS NAME SO I KNOW WHO YOU ARE) :siren:

Nyetscape Navigator

CodeMasters name is UnbornApple

NyetscapeNavigator fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 19, 2015

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

OK, put together a quick season. Should go live in about an hour.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I put down some not very good times at Greece for you all to beat.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Keep me in please. Harminoff on there as well.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Qmass posted:

NO track racing game has ever come close to how awesome it feels to flat out scandi flick an open 3/4... I feel like this pretty much sums up why rally games are more fun to me. Also using power!! to turn tighter is the most manly of tactics.

Plus limping a completely trashed car over the finish line.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Someone has modded a dodge charger in - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhe3brybBFs

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Is the force feed back mod in the op still the best? Also, I just got my delanclip head tracker and ps3 cam, any issues with facetracknoir and D:R?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Qmass posted:

Someone has modded a dodge charger in - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhe3brybBFs
If they're going to mod in the General Lee, then they should definitely use Finland for their car demo so it goes soaring through the air over and over.

Also, if people can figure out modding in a new car, here's to hoping people figure out modding in new stages as well; lack of stage diversity (only two actual stages per location) is still my biggest gripe with the game.

• Locked thread