Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Michaellaneous posted:

VoidBurger really outdid herself with the editing. My personal highlight was the zoom in as chip grabbed his fatroll :allears:
Woooo I feel bad though cuz Chip told me today he didn't know I did that, lol. I figured if he hated it, he'd nix it, but he didn't notice it somehow, whoops~

Dragonatrix posted:

"Sting Operation: Kill Hitler with Bees" :allears:

Speedball posted:

I liked the part where he almost says "The Fear" but corrects himself to say "The Pain" and the Fear image briefly appears only to duck down.
These were both my jokes, I'm glad you guys like them :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

VoidBurger posted:

They were very Drunk History US in nature (this is a good thing).

I finally lapped the LP and I feel sad now that what is probably the best moment in this game is going to lose a lot in the recordings for copyright reasons. (act 3 music spoiler) As soon as I recognized Jesus Built My Hot Rod I knew that was gonna be a fun gauntlet.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Chip Cheezum posted:

Ironicus and I got drunk and sat in some lovely camping chairs and attempted to recite the history of Metal Gear chronologically about a week before Phantom Pain released. This is the first of a five part series. I am classy and drink from a Garfield glass.

Chipod Ironicast - Drunk Metal Gear History #1.....Baldurdash.....libsyn.....Download

Secret of Mana cartridge spotted.

Was Ironicus also drinking from a Garfield glass? I own one of those and I thought it looked similar to mine. It features Garfield on a seesaw saying "I'm not one who rises to the occasion".

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Brutakas posted:

Secret of Mana cartridge spotted.

Was Ironicus also drinking from a Garfield glass? I own one of those and I thought it looked similar to mine. It features Garfield on a seesaw saying "I'm not one who rises to the occasion".

That was my older sister's favorite glass when I was growing up.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
I had that glass too, I think McDonalds gave away thousands of them in a promotion.
Edit: And of course people who watch Chip would all inexplicably have the garf.

Fellbat fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 19, 2015

Steak Bentley
Jul 16, 2011

Alright, sonny. Consider yourself pinched.

CheeseThief posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composition_C

C-3 is real, it's nothing fancy though just the same stuff as C-4 plus or minus some ingredients to change it's properties.

I believe in a future where Composition Z-12 exists.

I believe in the future Kojima fought for.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Speedball posted:

I liked the part where he almost says "The Fear" but corrects himself to say "The Pain" and the Fear image briefly appears only to duck down.

Yeah that was pretty great as well.

VoidBurger posted:

Woooo I feel bad though cuz Chip told me today he didn't know I did that, lol. I figured if he hated it, he'd nix it, but he didn't notice it somehow, whoops~

They were all pretty great. Now I am even more excited for the next episode.
Really great job.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also, they were correct about Big Boss having been sterilized at the Bikini Atoll tests.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

What really shocked me is the fact that Ocelot was Adam. I always thought he was just kinda opportunistic but...he really is on Big Boss' side for his entire life, isn't he?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Michaellaneous posted:

What really shocked me is the fact that Ocelot was Adam. I always thought he was just kinda opportunistic but...he really is on Big Boss' side for his entire life, isn't he?

Yep. He has barely hidden romantic love for Jack as well, and he along with EVA set out to revive him after Solid Snake burned him in Zanzibar Land. He's kinda on his own side for much of it, but his own motivations are almost always related to Big Boss.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Chip Cheezum posted:

Ironicus and I got drunk and sat in some lovely camping chairs and attempted to recite the history of Metal Gear chronologically about a week before Phantom Pain released. This is the first of a five part series. I am classy and drink from a Garfield glass.

Chipod Ironicast - Drunk Metal Gear History #1.....Baldurdash.....libsyn.....Download

Until I saw this video, I thought Chip was the bearded guy :shobon:

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
But Chip is the bearded guy? Unless I am missing a joke.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Michaellaneous posted:

Sort of. I like to think that his pride gets in the way of his mission a few times and he was really hoping to show Snake up a few times. Plus, I bet that time when they were judoing each other in the plane at the end was Ocelot's opportunity to grab the real microfilm and replace it.

All those parts where Ocelot was shooting at Snake during the escape? Maybe he was really aiming at Eva the whole time...

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I think you guys might've invented a new cocktail.

The Ocelot

"Twelve shots, more than enough to kill anything that moves."

1 part Wild Turkey
1 part Svedka Vodka
Garnish every drink with a little smattering of something else that others partaking with you won't expect and you can stun them by revealing how you altered their drink without them expecting it. (don't be a dick about it)

Serve in a glass with a cat on it. If you can't reasonably pronounce "shalashaska" or do the hand gestures correctly, you've had too much.

(also awesome editing VB, that's a great Papa Volgin)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

chitoryu12 posted:

Yep. He has barely hidden romantic love for Jack as well, and he along with EVA set out to revive him after Solid Snake burned him in Zanzibar Land. He's kinda on his own side for much of it, but his own motivations are almost always related to Big Boss.

Jack as in Raiden? I thought Big Boss was John.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Bruceski posted:

Jack is a nickname for John, Zero and Boss call him Jack a couple times during the Virtuous Mission right after Zero explicitly said to never use real names over radio.

I don't really understand it either, but it's better than the nick name all the Richards got stuck with.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

Until I saw this video, I thought Chip was the bearded guy :shobon:

Wait, is David Hayter the one who owns the Keyblade now?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Danaru posted:

Jack is a nickname for John, Zero and Boss call him Jack a couple times during the Virtuous Mission right after Zero explicitly said to never use real names over radio.

Well since Jack is a nickname, technically they weren't being complete incompetents. And at least The Boss was planning to defect so she had no reason to maintain radio secrecy...being Tom really put Zero off his game.

Steak Bentley
Jul 16, 2011

Bruceski posted:

I could have sworn that it's mentioned at some point that Solidus named Raiden after Big Boss.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Steak Bentley posted:

I could have sworn that it's mentioned at some point that Solidus named Raiden after Big Boss.

Uh Solidus didn't raise Raiden from a baby.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Metal Gear plot: even a bunch of nerds can't keep it straight.

Steak Bentley
Jul 16, 2011

RatHat posted:

Solidus seems like the type of guy who wouldn't really care what Raiden's parents named him if he really wanted a Big Boss Junior.

It might just be some nonsense I heard somewhere, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Danaru posted:

It's also kinda in part to keep up the joke if you select "I like MGS2" and start off with the Raidenovich mask on.

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

RatHat posted:

He did name him though, dude; Solidus says in the MGS2 torture scene 'Jack...I was your godfather, I named you.'
Though whether it was after Big Boss or not is anyone's guess.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Adam Vegas posted:

He did name him though, dude; Solidus says in the MGS2 torture scene 'Jack...I was your godfather, I named you.'
Though whether it was after Big Boss or not is anyone's guess.

He named him "Jack the Ripper" after the other famous "Jack the Ripper" cuz baby Raiden was really stabby.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I learned about LBJ's mighty testicles today. Thanks! :)

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
John and Jack are common enough that the Russians could refer to Americans by those names the way that referred to them as Ivan.

Also Adult Raiden is pretty stabby too.

mkwong98
Feb 8, 2013
Started watching this LP and I think the gameplay of this game will work really well with Ghost in the Shell.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

A straight up Togusa game or whatever the non AUGed member was

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

mkwong98 posted:

Started watching this LP and I think the gameplay of this game will work really well with Ghost in the Shell.
Hold square to make guard punch his own face.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Press triangle to discuss meme theory and/or the works of J.D. Salinger.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Great Joe posted:

Press triangle to discuss meme theory and/or the works of J.D. Salinger.

Hold triangle to enter a tachickoma.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

What I thought I'd do was let's play one of those Ubisoft games.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

bman in 2288 posted:

Hold triangle to enter a tachickoma.

Y'know, they DID have a PS2 Ghost in the Shell game. Good plot, wonky controls. The final boss is an invisible spider-tank in the middle of a holographic dome-farm designed to look like the outside, and the pilot is a woman spouting soothing philosophical diatribes. A weird but neat contrast, someone speaking of peace and love while trying to blow you away with a giant robot. (But no J-Pop, it's not QUITE like Paz in Metal Gear Zeke).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And there's one in beta right now that's a F2P squad-based VS FPS.

It looks okay.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Speedball posted:

Y'know, they DID have a PS2 Ghost in the Shell game. Good plot, wonky controls. The final boss is an invisible spider-tank in the middle of a holographic dome-farm designed to look like the outside, and the pilot is a woman spouting soothing philosophical diatribes. A weird but neat contrast, someone speaking of peace and love while trying to blow you away with a giant robot. (But no J-Pop, it's not QUITE like Paz in Metal Gear Zeke).
There also was a PSX Ghost in the Shell game that was actually really decent, had some trippy techno music and you rode in a tachikoma, but the real cool thing was that it allowed you to climb onto 98% of any surface on the game, completely going on walls and ceilings. It sort of blew my mind as a kid on the PSX so it remains one of those "I'll go through this again for an hour" games.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

And there's one in beta right now that's a F2P squad-based VS FPS.

It looks okay.

I am in the beta for it, but I haven't gotten around to installing it.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
There was a PSP one as well, which I never passed the first level on since my UMD locks up on cutscenes. Never found another copy to play it.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

RE: gits psx game: It's exactly what I thought of when I saw the spider tank segment!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

What I thought I'd do was let's play one of those Ubisoft games.
Imagine the Laughing Man logo except brown, frowning and quoting Tom Clancy.

• Locked thread