Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The comic is saying that Turkey represents the image of a democracy but is not in fact a democracy. An I Didn't Understand Latuff Post.
Sometimes, there are jokes in the political cartoon thread.

By way of apology for such a lovely snipe:

:unsmigghh:

Pretty good fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Oct 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
A living human being designed a plot in which a child pilots a drone so he can look at the tits of an accident victim. Great. This seems like Hell but it's 30,' Marx is living the high life even though he's dead.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

the magritte painting is not surrealism and does not work in this context, you moron

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

sinking belle posted:

Sometimes, there are jokes in the political cartoon thread.

By way of apology for such a lovely snipe:

This is indeed not an Orthodox priest, instead it appears to be the former head of the Catholic Church.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Nope, that's a picture of a pipe, a picture of a boat, and a picture of a dude cosplaying as Beeler's nightmares.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Attitude Indicator posted:

the magritte painting is not surrealism

Yes it is

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

It only appears to be.

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

"... call the expert at kissing and stuff..."
I like a cartoonist so talented that he has to label a drawing of a ring 'Ring'.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Professional Political Cartoonist

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Xander77 posted:

It only appears to be.
Is this a Mark Twain "this music is better than it sounds" thing?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Is he Canadian, is that why he has a voting cartoon today? Does he not know there are more than two parties?

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

With every passing day, Kelly becomes more and more indistinguishable from real cartoons.

Hermetic fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Oct 19, 2015

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo this is just beautiful.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Yesss :unsmigghh:

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

My baaaagage,
The only thing the plane left behind

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Just found my favourite Netanyahu caricature.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's excessively wordy but the faces are golden.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
It looks like what you'd get if you tried to build a man sized statue out of chewed gum.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nice chinos, Tone.

Is it someone in particular he's dressed as or just a stereotypical cool kid?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Karl Marx is not just burning in hell, he was a literal agent of Satan on Earth all along.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Paladinus posted:

Nice chinos, Tone.

Kid from this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm61svN4U5g

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!

Sources: Biden considering joining last week's Democratic debate.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Karl Marx is not just burning in hell, he was a literal agent of Satan on Earth all along.

poo poo, you're right! He's got the horns, the useless wings, even the little triangle tail!

Either he was a trickster demon sent to befuddle our righteously capitalistic society, or he was rewarded richly by the Prince of Lies for his unhallowed screeds.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Political Cartoons: Well Make Rich Pay

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

seiferguy posted:

"How do you plan to pay for your proposals?"

"Well, make rich pay."

They're really hammering on that

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

seiferguy posted:

I know, "temporarily embarrassed millionaires" and all that, but it still surprises me how people want to rush to defend the rich.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

Nice chinos, Tone.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

How hosed a headspace do you need to be in that you think "taxing the rich more" is self-evidently crazy? Like, not just something you disagree with, but self-evidently crazy?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

prefect posted:

I know, "temporarily embarrassed millionaires" and all that, but it still surprises me how people want to rush to defend the rich.

Lie to them enough about "job creators", "success stories", "trickle down economics" (the ghost of Regan still haunts us), and "upward mobility". Add that to lingering Cold War paranoia from the Boomers and you can get them to practically beg you to screw them over. It's not like the average voter has more than a rudimentary understanding of economics.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

This E N O S isn't getting enough love. He has a great Jeb.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Saint Sputnik posted:

"Well, make rich pay."

The rich can in fact pay for things. They have literally all the money. I don't see what the issue is here :confused:

I guess this kind of viewpoint makes sense if you keep in mind that if you showed the average Republican the numbers on America's real levels of income inequality they'd probably just immediately reject them as biased polling or whatever because the entire party is constantly living half in the 80s and half in what they imagine the 50s were.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Saint Sputnik posted:

"Well, make rich pay."

If you guessed Chip Bok had something particularly sub-moronic to say about this, then pat yourself on the back.

Chip Bok posted:

Meanwhile, capitalist war hero candidate Jim Webb got treated like a returning vet 40 years ago.

How dare the media not slurp up an incompetent vanity campaign that's polling nowhere near relevance.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's insane to tax rich people because that's what I'm paid to write.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rich people aren't greedy they are merely getting money for the amount of effort they put in. Poor people have less because they are lazy or working easy jobs that should pay less than mine. There is also infinite money to be gained from the magical economy god so a rich guy having all of the wealth doesn't affect anyone. This is the cornerstone (I guess other than racism) of the conservative ideology.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The best example for me is that Asay comic that said that sure rich people can be greedy but you evil poor people are just as bad if not worse for your disgusting sin of envy.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It's people thinking they will be future millionaires one day and not wanting poors punishing their future success. And by poors I mean people with more melanin than them.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Poor Rob. It's been like a decade since USAirways abandoned PIT. Like steel all over again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Radish posted:

Rich people aren't greedy they are merely getting money for the amount of effort they put in. Poor people have less because they are lazy or working easy jobs that should pay less than mine. There is also infinite money to be gained from the magical economy god so a rich guy having all of the wealth doesn't affect anyone. This is the cornerstone (I guess other than racism) of the conservative ideology.

Don't forget "personal responsibility" and "bootstrapping" so you can safely ignore anyone else's problems. Especially those whining minorities going on an on about things being unfair. Why they should be grateful for you letting them live in "your" country like you "real Americans".

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 19, 2015

• Locked thread