Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm hoping 12:01am tuesday at midnight on EST time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'm hoping 12:01am tuesday at midnight on EST time.

Yeah this x a million

I'm really excited for ep 5, but also sad because this was a really unique and fun game and now it'll be over :(

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

One thing I'd like to see in episode 5 is a sequence where Max tries a whole bunch of desperate moves in quick succession, getting sloppy or or blurting out that she's a time traveler. Sort of like near the end of the Simpsons episode where Homer time travels and he just starts deliberately making a mess out of frustration. She started getting into the right mood in episode 3 with the beans but she's still got a way to go toward jaded time master.

In particular it'd be nice if she got impatient reliving the same conversations on each rewind and started hurrying through her parts. I understand why they do it for gameplay reasons but Max's preternatural ability to act surprised or emotional while repeating an argument she's had multiple times already is kind of silly and it'd be funny to subvert it. "Yeah Warren, I know, you got the location of the bunker from the investigation board David found in Chloe's room, now give me the selfie again! Jefferson ducked too quickly last time."

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Dolash posted:

One thing I'd like to see in episode 5 is a sequence where Max tries a whole bunch of desperate moves in quick succession, getting sloppy or or blurting out that she's a time traveler. Sort of like near the end of the Simpsons episode where Homer time travels and he just starts deliberately making a mess out of frustration. She started getting into the right mood in episode 3 with the beans but she's still got a way to go toward jaded time master.

In particular it'd be nice if she got impatient reliving the same conversations on each rewind and started hurrying through her parts. I understand why they do it for gameplay reasons but Max's preternatural ability to act surprised or emotional while repeating an argument she's had multiple times already is kind of silly and it'd be funny to subvert it. "Yeah Warren, I know, you got the location of the bunker from the investigation board David found in Chloe's room, now give me the selfie again! Jefferson ducked too quickly last time."

sounds like a real time twister

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Yeah this x a million

I'm really excited for ep 5, but also sad because this was a really unique and fun game and now it'll be over :(

Once it's all out there's also incentive to go back and see what you can do with other choices, too, depending on how reactive ep.5 is.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
So the achievements are up for Episode 5, and I can't help but consider how weird it is that it will be following the "Take 10 photos" pattern. Like, your best friend and love of your life just got loving shot and you've been taken to a necrophilia fetish dungeon but lmao look at dat fukken squirrel I just gotta get this shot

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Hold up, Teach. I gotta get a photo of this rape bunker real quick. *scrapbooks*

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It does actually raise the question of whether Episode 5 will have downbeats. It's the finale so it wouldn't be too unusual if it was just wall-to-wall action but if Max gets to time-jumping through photos again she might be in enough of a position of control to take it slow. At the very least I don't expect we'll spend much more than the start of the episode tied up in Jefferson's dungeon.

So the way the photo-jumps work is after she changes something she snaps back to the changed "present", right? That could lead to some odd situations where Max tries something in the past like warning Chloe the graveyard is an ambush only to reappear in the present where it's the next day and they're in jail for shooting Jefferson.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

[img-dawnofthefinalday.jpg]

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Plom Bar posted:

So the achievements are up for Episode 5, and I can't help but consider how weird it is that it will be following the "Take 10 photos" pattern. Like, your best friend and love of your life just got loving shot and you've been taken to a necrophilia fetish dungeon but lmao look at dat fukken squirrel I just gotta get this shot

"Always take the shot. My number one rule of photography." - Mark Jefferson :v:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm betting the dark room is gonna be the cold open for Episode 5 until Max can photoport back and fix the timelines, similar to alt-Chloe in Ep. 4.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Kaislioc posted:

"Always take the shot. My number one rule of photography." - Mark Jefferson :v:

Life was strange on the streets. Max didn't choose the thug life; the thug life chose Max.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Oct 19, 2015

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Finale trailer is up! Obviously massive SPOILERS if you haven't done the first four episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSE5FbT38dY

I am hella ready for this.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

NaDy posted:

Finale trailer is up! Obviously massive SPOILERS if you haven't done the first four episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSE5FbT38dY

I am hella ready for this.

Max is gonna go back to the womb (Where she took her first selfie) and strangle herself with an umbilical chord.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, season finale? I wonder if they're just using TV speak or there's a possibility of a second season.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

So hype. :f5:

Anybody else notice how Episode 5 is now increasingly being messaged as a "season" finale? Life is Strange sequel confirmed?!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

So hype. :f5:

Anybody else notice how Episode 5 is now increasingly being messaged as a "season" finale? Life is Strange sequel confirmed?!

I wouldn't read into it too much, thats pretty much the language used in all of these types of games.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Sakurazuka posted:

Huh, season finale? I wonder if they're just using TV speak or there's a possibility of a second season.

They sold a million copies of the game already; there's no way they won't make another one at some point.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah they've said a second season would be a whole new setting and cast though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gtrmp posted:

They sold a million copies of the game already; there's no way they won't make another one at some point.

Probably not for a a while at least, their vampire RPG thing sounds like an ambitious project for a (I imagine) fairly small dev company.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

LiS has been so good that it's making me consider doing things I thought I'd never do, like play a vampire RPG.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

exquisite tea posted:

LiS has been so good that it's making me consider doing things I thought I'd never do, like play a vampire RPG.

Holy poo poo play Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

It's amazing.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

That trailer is heavily suggesting the theory that Chloe needs to stay dead.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Based on that trailer, it looks like the last episode is going to have shades of Bill Murray's final repetition in Groundhog Day. Or was that just a clip from ep 4 when we see Max rushing to Rachel's grave and saying "I know exactly where I'm going"?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Argue posted:

Based on that trailer, it looks like the last episode is going to have shades of Bill Murray's final repetition in Groundhog Day. Or was that just a clip from ep 4 when we see Max rushing to Rachel's grave and saying "I know exactly where I'm going"?

I reckon it's both.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

There are some pretty strong hints throughout the first four episodes that this isn't Max's first time through this particular timeline, and it may keep looping back to the start for whatever reason.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exquisite tea posted:

There are some pretty strong hints throughout the first four episodes that this isn't Max's first time through this particular timeline, and it may keep looping back to the start for whatever reason.

There are? Not being rude or anything, just curious.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

the beginning of her powers starts with her saying she wasn't dreaming, when she reversed back from the lighthouse

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well for one, the game starts on Friday. You may interpret this as a dream, or some weird foresight on max's part. However, there is nothing else in the game to suggest that Max can tell the future, and everything to suggest that she can go back in time. This leads to the obvious thought process that the only way she would know the storm is approaching is that she has already witnessed it.

This is of course kind of debunked by the end of Episode 1 where She sees the storm again for seemingly no reason. However this really just comes across as lovely writing. Maybe it will be explained, who knows.

e: She even takes a selfie in class right after she "wakes up".

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's just a theory, but I think there's some evidence of this being the case. The fact that Max's premonition of the storm occurs prior to her gaining her powers in this timeline, despite what we know about her powers and the storm somehow being linked, makes me think that what we're actually playing through in the opening is the actual end of one timeline before it loops back around again to the selfie. There's also a lot of weirdly predictive graffiti in general but particularly surrounding Chloe in both her car and bedroom that says stuff like "Let Me Die" or "Kill Me Now" which makes me think it was placed there either by Max or some other agent as a message. We know from Episode 3 that Max can and will leave graffiti messages to her future self. My quite possibly totally wrong prediction is that Max has been looping the timelines back around endlessly because it's the only way she can figure out how to preserve Chloe's life while saving the town from destruction, but something will provoke us to choose one path or the other, or find some other solution that will collapse the waveform into one reality.

Paul Zuvella posted:

This is of course kind of debunked by the end of Episode 1 where She sees the storm again for seemingly no reason. However this really just comes across as lovely writing. Maybe it will be explained, who knows.

I think that sequence at the end of Episode 1 is "just a dream" or an indication that Max can have very vivid perceptions of two realities at once, in the same way she can later see holographic deer and two moons.

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 19, 2015

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'm hoping we get a scene from another perspective, watching Max teleport as she rewinds time. Imagine how terrifying it would be that no matter where you aim your gun, the target isn't there anymore.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Azubah posted:

I'm hoping we get a scene from another perspective, watching Max teleport as she rewinds time. Imagine how terrifying it would be that no matter where you aim your gun, the target isn't there anymore.

She is time traveling, not teleporting.

exquisite tea posted:

I think that sequence at the end of Episode 1 is "just a dream" or an indication that Max can have very vivid perceptions of two realities at once, in the same way she can later see holographic deer and two moons.

Everyone saw the duel moons. Several characters make comments about it including chloe.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 19, 2015

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

She is time traveling, not teleporting.

From another perspective it would look like teleporting, we already know she can displace herself by rewinding. Like when she breaks into the principals office.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Azubah posted:

From another perspective it would look like teleporting, we already know she can displace herself by rewinding. Like when she breaks into the principals office.

Yeah, but those people are reverted to where they previously were. So they wouldnt be pointing their guns, have knowledge of where max was or would be, or anything of the sort.

Unless max was going back a few seconds at a time while having a gun pointed at her to gently caress with someone which would be... really loving dumb.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Max travels back in time to alert everyone, leading the police and half the school to the junkyard before the party, dragging Mr Jefferson along as he protests.

They dig up Rachel's grave, only to find mr Jeffersons corpse stuffed into the bag instead.

Then everyone notices that Mr Jefferson isn't standing with the police anymore.

Max chuckles.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Pimpmust posted:

Max travels back in time to alert everyone, leading the police and half the school to the junkyard before the party, dragging Mr Jefferson along as he protests.

They dig up Rachel's grave, only to find mr Jeffersons corpse stuffed into the bag instead.

Then everyone notices that Mr Jefferson isn't standing with the police anymore.

Max chuckles.

That would only work if you could keep the corpse in your inventory though :colbert:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yeah, but those people are reverted to where they previously were. So they wouldnt be pointing their guns, have knowledge of where max was or would be, or anything of the sort.

Unless max was going back a few seconds at a time while having a gun pointed at her to gently caress with someone which would be... really loving dumb.

They revert, but Max doesn't, so once the rewind is complete it appears to everyone that she's moved instantaneously between two places.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

aaaaaaaaaaahhhh i'm excited

how far will you go to save your son town?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I really want a happy ending you guys. Give us the option to save everyone, and have the ending be taking selfies with your friends while getting some awesome breakfast at the diner! :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Sakurazuka posted:

Probably not for a a while at least, their vampire RPG thing sounds like an ambitious project for a (I imagine) fairly small dev company.

Yeah, at this point I'd figure that they've already committed enough resources to Vampyr that it'll be out before we hear about a potential LiS Season 2, though if LiS did really well they might be able to expand enough to work on both at once.

• Locked thread