Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001

NESguerilla posted:

What about nexo Knights makes you think they are going to be worth anything? If you are going to do that at least go for liscensed sets.

Agreed. Go for the big Star Wars sets like the Slave 1 or some of the modulars if you want to invest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

As long as it's not speculation on half priced B-Wings you fucker!!!!!! Arghhhhhhh my jorts are so angry!!!!!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm through the looking glass on mech building as I have specific pieces being delivered from 3 different locations, one of which is a 100-piece 4-knob 1x1 pack.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Page 666, post appropriately!

I started building the F40 today, goddamn whoever designed this is a goddamn genius.

Not a fan of the bag numbering though. 8 bags, numbered 1 and 2. :geno:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah sometimes I think about what it must be like to have, as a job, the task of coming up with sets that use pieces in creative ways.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Not just the creativity, but using it to solve specific problems.

It's just so scary close to the real car at a relatively small scale.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

KingFisher posted:

Do you guys think it would be horrible to buy 6 sets of each of the new Nexo knights, open one and keep 5 for an "investment" ?

Buy Lego sets you like the look of and want to build you weirdo.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

In honor of page 666 have my favorite display, I'm a beyond happy that I didn't miss out this set. Everybody needs to sell a kidney and buy this amazing set if you don't have it, now I just need somebody sell me the ghost train.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The ghost train and the zombie graveyard are the only sets I missed. I made up for it by grabbing like 30 of the ghost clock polybags when Target clearanced them out.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I wanted that graveyard so bad. It's the only one I missed.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

The Rage posted:

The ghost train and the zombie graveyard are the only sets I missed. I made up for it by grabbing like 30 of the ghost clock polybags when Target clearanced them out.

I forgot I had the ghost clock set, it's tucked away inside the house. I'm seriously thinking about ebaying a ghost train, a used set goes for $90-$100 it seems.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

RodShaft posted:

I wanted that graveyard so bad. It's the only one I missed.

I saw it one time and though "neat, I'll get that later" then boom, never again.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
When someone posted a page or two ago that the haunted house was now $400usd i didn't believe it. But now i see the starting price on eBay is about $650aud.

I picked it up on clearance for like $150aud which was my most expensive Lego purchase ever at the time. I'll never sell it tho as then i wouldn't have a Lego haunted house but that price increase is nuts for something from only a couple years ago.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

The Rage posted:

I saw it one time and though "neat, I'll get that later" then boom, never again.

Is that the one called The Zombies with the two coffins and the big crypt? I don't think I ever saw/heard of that set until now. Bummer.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I believe it was a Target exclusive for some reason.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Dogen posted:

I believe it was a Target exclusive for some reason.

Yep it was, and at the time I only had one Target within driving distance, now I have four. Sadness.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh poo poo, it's real

TRU Canadia posted:

Recreate iconic Ghostbusters scenes with the 2-story Firehouse Headquarters, featuring laboratory, living quarters, containment unit and much more. Capture the ghosts with the proton packs and restore order, or solve other supernatural cases! Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Library Ghost and Zombie Driver.

• Also comes with Slimer, Pink Ghost and Blue Ghost.
  • Slide the Ghostbusters heroes down the fire pole into action.
  • Chase the ghosts and secure them in the containment unit.
  • Turn the librarian old lady into a scary ghost with the double-sided face and extra wig!
  • Run tests on Louis in the lab to see if he’s possessed!
  • Suspend ghosts around the building’s exterior with attachable transparent arms.
  • Dodge the slime oozing up through cracks in the pavement.
  • Measures over 14″ (36cm) high, 9″ (25cm) wide and 14″ (38cm) deep.

EDIT: TRU link: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=78193766

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Oct 19, 2015

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Well, poo poo. I already have ECTO-1, how could I not buy that?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Ack, $400? That's a lot, like, probably more than I'm willing to spend. :(

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Didn't that already get not approved on LEGO Ideas?

$400, that's the same price as the Death Star. That's gonna be $700 here in Australia then, probably.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
$400 CAD is what, $350 USD?

Not so much of an impulse buy. That's "I have to think real hard about it" money.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Actually that's a straight no buy... that is too much money. Maybe if you have the modulars and it fits... but I think ti is overpriced. Yes I know about part count etc. but still.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

kefkafloyd posted:

$400 CAD is what, $350 USD?

Not so much of an impulse buy. That's "I have to think real hard about it" money.

CA$400 = US$ 309 = £199

I bet it's going to be £250 in the UK though :/

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

quote:

run tests on Louis in the lab to see if he’s possessed!

SOLD!

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I forgot that I got the Ghost Train set, but now that the thread reminded me I think I'll put it together this weekend for Halloween :3: :spooky:

Are Santa's Workshop and the Toy Shop reissue the only currently available Christmas village sets? I think I'm going to start collecting them this year so I can build them with my future kids every year but I don't care enough to go back and pick up the ones I missed at markup prices (especially if they're going to get reissued eventually).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

There'd better be a printed brick with the Terror Dog screen:

FadingChord posted:

Are Santa's Workshop and the Toy Shop reissue the only currently available Christmas village sets?

Yes.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

The_Doctor posted:

CA$400 = US$ 309 = £199

I bet it's going to be £250 in the UK though :/

If that's the case, it may be the only set I buy next year. I think once sets go over $200 it gets harder and harder to justify, for me personally. Either that or I'll try to save up all of my rewards points for it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My only issue with sets that large is that it puts it solid into collector territory, which means you're never going to disassemble it to use the parts to build something else. Which is kind of the point of lego.

Though I do have a few display-only sets, but most of them are from the 80's so it's okay. :v:

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Chairchucker posted:

Didn't that already get not approved on LEGO Ideas?

$400, that's the same price as the Death Star. That's gonna be $700 here in Australia then, probably.
It (Ghostbusters HQ) made it to the review, but was then rejected by the Review Board back in February. But...now it's going to be a set anyway? Seems strange. I guess it means that projects coming from LEGO IDEAS can still make it to production outside from the IDEAS brand?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Voodoo posted:

It (Ghostbusters HQ) made it to the review, but was then rejected by the Review Board back in February. But...now it's going to be a set anyway? Seems strange. I guess it means that projects coming from LEGO IDEAS can still make it to production outside from the IDEAS brand?

Lego projects take years to design and plan from scratch. This was probably in the works when the Ecto-1 was first passed and the license secured. They would've rejected the Ideas set based on that.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'd guess it was part of the contract when they got the rights for the Ecto 1 and has been in the works for a while. They just didn't want to show their hand until they were ready to make the announcement.

E;F,B.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Maybe it was part of the Dimensions deal? "Ok, you can do a video game with Lego Ghostbusters, but you have to put out a big set too."

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That Firehouse sounds pretty good, but not really my thing. The Ecto-1 is the iconic Ghostbusters thing for me really.

Plus I've still got the Haunted House to build. Once I find where I put it.

Also I found out you can use a bunch of those Nixels out of the Mixel sets to make the king guy a big mech. Never would have noticed it if that review on Brickset hadn't mentioned it.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004
My monster squad is coming along nicely. All I'm missing is the zombie businessman, the skeleton guy, the monster rocker, and the banshee.

jumba
Sep 6, 2004

Hang in there!
Fun Shoe
Have the Lego Jurassic World sets gone out of production? I was angling to get the raptor specific sets for my birthday but Lego.com (and everywhere else) is out of stock (or at least online stores that sell them around MSRP). Lego.com is saying check back in February now.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/45

Wall-E fix is coming

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

That's cool but noticeably absent is them saying they will send parts to those that already bought it like me. Here's hoping Lego does it right, which they usually do.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ChesterJT posted:

That's cool but noticeably absent is them saying they will send parts to those that already bought it like me. Here's hoping Lego does it right, which they usually do.

It's kind of implied at the bottom they will.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Van Dis posted:

My monster squad is coming along nicely. All I'm missing is the zombie businessman, the skeleton guy, the monster rocker, and the banshee.

I can't tell if the implication is that plant man is a guy in a plant suit or a man being eaten by a plant monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

NESguerilla posted:

I can't tell if the implication is that plant man is a guy in a plant suit or a man being eaten by a plant monster.

I think it's both - running with the Halloween theme I think it's a guy in a guy-being-eaten-by-plant-monster suit :3: