Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Eltoasto posted:

So if I have about 30 jawa junk and a billion of the other scrap items, should I convert them into something?

If you have blue jawa junk you can buy Alien Data Cubes that become the new mats at a 3:1 ratio tomorrow, and if you have purple you can buy Self-Perpetuating Power Cells which convert at 3:1 (Don't do that, better to use for adaptive circuitry or something else)

Berke Negri posted:

Is there any tricks for patch day tomorrow? Like, if I just leave the launcher running the night before will it start patching automatically so its done by the time I get home from work?

No, you have to start the patcher sometime after 5:30pm EDT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The jawa junk is just going to let you buy the new stuff straight up tomorrow, I would think.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

The jawa junk is just going to let you buy the new stuff straight up tomorrow, I would think.

I highly doubt it. You can't buy Exonium right now, so it would stand to reason you can't buy the Exotic Element Isotopes tomorrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But the stuff you can buy is going away, isn't it? They have to change it to something.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

But the stuff you can buy is going away, isn't it? They have to change it to something.

I suspect it'll just be taken off the vendor. They want to encourage people to group to get the new gear which requires that mat - I doubt it'll be available on the jawa scrap vendors, which have historically not had any current endgame stuff and only had the old endgame mats because Conquest crafting required the old mats (to get them out of circulation).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Selling low tier scavenged metals has been my only reliable source of credits so far. Merging all that stuff is probably not going to help my bank balance.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Medullah posted:

If you have blue jawa junk you can buy Alien Data Cubes that become the new mats at a 3:1 ratio tomorrow, and if you have purple you can buy Self-Perpetuating Power Cells which convert at 3:1 (Don't do that, better to use for adaptive circuitry or something else)

No, you have to start the patcher sometime after 5:30pm EDT.

Guess I'll just go hang out at a bar then Tuesday because that sounds better than waiting on patching.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
OK time to cash in my bank tab full of Jawa scrap.

:getin:

edit: uhm what?

Obsolete Crafting Material <1:1> Augmentation Kit MK-7

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
poo poo, I have TONS of that stuff. Time to cash in at my stronghold.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

the panacea posted:

OK time to cash in my bank tab full of Jawa scrap.

:getin:

edit: uhm what?

Obsolete Crafting Material <1:1> Augmentation Kit MK-7

They've converted crafting materials to obsolete before, they became "obsolete crafting materials" which were a gray item to sell to vendors. This is their way of saying "Hey, if you didn't sell those yet, loving sell them now."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

Guess I'll just go hang out at a bar then Tuesday because that sounds better than waiting on patching.

He means AM.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hmmm Enriched Durasteel and Perfect Uprari crystals aren't on the list. I'm VERY curious what's happening to those, along with the schematics that use them (Gormak thingies for Nightmare Pilgrim)

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
So is there a concise guide to what is disappearing? I've got green/blue/purple crafting mats spread far and wide and I'd hate to lose them.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

So is there a concise guide to what is disappearing? I've got green/blue/purple crafting mats spread far and wide and I'd hate to lose them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/3pcw86/fallen_empire_conversion_rate_info/

Nothing is "disappearing" only being converted to something else.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Also -

quote:

All old Operation Gear tokens will be changed into a lockbox which contains Glowing Data Crystals.

If you're sitting on any unassembled ressurected pieces, trade them in today.

Titus Vespasian
Jan 31, 2015

"The body of a dead enemy always smells sweet."
I played yesterday with no problem.

Today logging in I get: "This application has encountered an unexpected error. Please try this patch again."

Of course I've tried it many times with the same result.

Any ideas?

EDT: N/M Computer restart fixed it.

Titus Vespasian fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 19, 2015

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Getting in on this fun screenshot contest. I can't stand the way most heavy armor makes you look like a vacuum, so I just cobbled together what I could using mostly free stuff on my Juggernaut. She turned out to look pretty cool, kind of steampunky.

Standin' around

Wavin' the lightsaber

Ridin' to victory

Ort fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 19, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Aphrodite posted:

He means AM.

Oh good then I guess I'll just go to a bar tonight because that sounds better than sitting around waiting for another day stuck at level 55. I'll be able to just run the launcher before I head off to work.

Speaking of I've got about almost 800 basic comms by now on my main. I've been using 176 or whatever the comm vendor sells on fleet for 55. I assume it won't take long to hit 60+, what would be good to spend them on?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ort posted:

Getting in on this fun screenshot contest. I can't stand the way most heavy armor makes you look like a vacuum, so I just cobbled together what I could using mostly free stuff on my Juggernaut. She turned out to look pretty cool, kind of steampunky.

Standin' around

Wavin' the lightsaber

Ridin' to victory

Remember that if you actually want to get in to win the prize you need to send an in-game email to Xodiac.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rishi and then Ziost will give you gear, so nothing really.

I guess we'll see what there is to spend them on in KOTFE.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Hulk Smash! posted:

Remember that if you actually want to get in to win the prize you need to send an in-game email to Xodiac.

I sent one about 30 minutes ago from Revass, hopefully it comes along.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is there only one server now? If not what server are you guys?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Zotix posted:

Is there only one server now? If not what server are you guys?

We're on Jedi Covenant, Imperial side. There are less servers but still more than 1.

Kinger
Sep 30, 2003

I'm sick of my head doing things.

Berke Negri posted:

Speaking of I've got about almost 800 basic comms by now on my main. I've been using 176 or whatever the comm vendor sells on fleet for 55. I assume it won't take long to hit 60+, what would be good to spend them on?

At the moment? Nothing. You could buy a set of the 186 gear from the basic gear vendors once you hit 60, but you get a nearly full set of better gear (190s) for doing the Ziost story quests. And chances are the expansion will give even better gear as story rewards.

Your best bet would probably be to hold onto them and spend them on whatever becomes available at level 65.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Welp, I think I've done about all I can to be ready for this thing.

- All my main dudes are maxed out on comms
- I have a tab full of rank 5 companion gifts
- By my calculations I'll have ~500 of the new exotic crafting mats once the conversion is done
- I have stacks and stacks of every crafting mats I could possible need to get a leg up on crafting me some stuff
- I've kept one of each sets of Yavin 192 companion armor in the vault, otherwise all my companions are now in full pretty princess mode
- All companion quests are done and completed
- I have good stacks of XP boosts and am ready for content at level again.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Welp, I think I've done about all I can to be ready for this thing.

- All my main dudes are maxed out on comms

Real men keep spreadsheets.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
I think you need more basic comms. I'm really not sure if you have enough basic comms.

edit: for real content. For the 55 lvl raid loot. Is it better to have the armor pieces or get the crystal from the assembled pieces converting?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

SpaceCadetBob posted:

I think you need more basic comms. I'm really not sure if you have enough basic comms.

Don't worry I still also have a few of the Rishi containers with 300 of them. ;)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Kinger posted:

At the moment? Nothing. You could buy a set of the 186 gear from the basic gear vendors once you hit 60, but you get a nearly full set of better gear (190s) for doing the Ziost story quests. And chances are the expansion will give even better gear as story rewards.

Your best bet would probably be to hold onto them and spend them on whatever becomes available at level 65.

Is the 186 gear just mods or the expensive sets? If former I may just pick up that up depending how quickly I hit 60. Honestly with comps changes I just don't see a lot to spend comms on now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

SpaceCadetBob posted:

edit: for real content. For the 55 lvl raid loot. Is it better to have the armor pieces or get the crystal from the assembled pieces converting?

For 55 loot just get the crystals.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Real men keep spreadsheets.

When the entries say "alt 164" and "alt 129", does that mean that's the average quality of their gear?

Or have you had over a hundred fifty alts? :ohdear:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

Is the 186 gear just mods or the expensive sets? If former I may just pick up that up depending how quickly I hit 60. Honestly with comps changes I just don't see a lot to spend comms on now.

One thing to consider getting with excess comms is Vials of Isotope-5. I believe they are 35 basic comms and are converting at a 3:1 ratio to the new Hard Mode flashpoint mat, so for 105 basic comms you can buy 1 of the new mats that's needed to craft endgame gear in the new expansion.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

prefect posted:

When the entries say "alt 164" and "alt 129", does that mean that's the average quality of their gear?

No it's his 164th alt and 129th respectively.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

No, that was necessary because when I came over from POT5 in order to keep the names I used alt codes for the weird squiggly characters in their names. So when I mail things from republic to Nichódemus I have to type Alt 162 to get the stupid O.

I was drunk.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

No, that was necessary because when I came over from POT5 in order to keep the names I used alt codes for the weird squiggly characters in their names. So when I mail things from republic to Nichódemus I have to type Alt 162 to get the stupid O.

I was drunk.

Oh, duh. I probably should have thought of that. :doh:

Sorry 'bout that. :shobon:

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
I wonder if the planetary bonus series will be locked out along with the main planetary questline, hopefully not but if so I'll have to finish those on quite a few characters for completionism.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

SKY COQ posted:

Great news for those of you ideologically correct enough to play Republic side: the Goon Squad glorious headquarters on sunny Coruscant now features a GTN station, mail, Legacy Bank (ok that was there before) and a few vendors to offload junk. Also: rugs!

Thank you so much! I will try to kick some cash into the guild bank when I'm around later.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Promethium posted:

I wonder if the planetary bonus series will be locked out along with the main planetary questline, hopefully not but if so I'll have to finish those on quite a few characters for completionism.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of gear KOTFE rewards you or if it'll be okay to leave a few characters to level from 60-65 through flashpoints and such. As it stands right now, since you had to finish Yavin to go through Ziost, I ran through Rishi/Yavin/Ziost with 17 toons over the last year. It'd be nice to have the option to go a different direction.

prefect posted:

Oh, duh. I probably should have thought of that. :doh:

Sorry 'bout that. :shobon:

Don't feel stupid, you couldn't possibly predict how OCD I am so the thought wouldn't occur to you that I would track poo poo like that on a spreadsheet. At least I don't track which companions have Yavin gear, THAT would be obsessive!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

prefect posted:

Knowing Medullah, both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So I just resubbed and it only gave me the Hutt Cartel, and I still need to purchase the Shadow of Revan. I thought I got both for free?

• Locked thread