Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

jsoh posted:

translation: ive finished researching alt 9 and want to wish more times

I have the steel oven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

Libluini posted:

Well, I'm not the one doing the wishes, I just want to steal them

Mukip: Please use your wishes for horrors, you have a 50% chance of them not being hostile, that's incredibly high!

I promise to wish for more Doom Horrors, but, you have to help me.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Wait, can you mind control Horrors and have them stay as part of your army permanently?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

They have the deserter tag so no.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Oh :(

Rotekian
Jan 1, 2013
You can have them cast Transformation to turn them into animals, but that is only useful if you want their caster levels.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
horrors are not lifeless so you could give them a lychantropos amulet and they might fail the mr check and turn into a human berserker. you could do that or do the transform thing, or twice born them, and then they become a chassis with maybe cool paths who wont leave you. wish for kurgi

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
I wished for Scabiel. He wasn't cooperative the first time around.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Mukip posted:

I wished for Scabiel. He wasn't cooperative the first time around.

Scabiel is the booby prize horror.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

I designed a new god that will be available to all roman nations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

They have the deserter tag so no.

Apparently it takes some time for them to desert, since I got a horror by charming it a lot. And that was three turns ago. Still doesn't want to leave me. :3:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i got the god-eater once from a wish and it stayed with me for like 12 turns or some poo poo and i used it to teleport all over the map and mulch like 3 pretenders along with multiple armies

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Libluini posted:

Apparently it takes some time for them to desert, since I got a horror by charming it a lot. And that was three turns ago. Still doesn't want to leave me. :3:

afaik deserters just roll vs desertion every turn, so it could theoretically stick around forever

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
in my newbie game today i found out that hitting your opponent with thunderstrike and blade wind a whole bunch while he casts flying shards and personal luck means that you win

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Thats like employing cruise missiles vs a kid with a slingshot.

Did you run into an unscripted PG?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Carcer posted:

No anti-Semitism please.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Enjoy posted:

No anti-Semitism please.

Who said anything about using them against horny giants?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

IRC posted:

[15:09:45] <murtidash> i've always stacked lanterns and quills, iloveu was helping me take a turn via skype
[15:09:48] <murtidash> and he pointed out
[15:09:53] <murtidash> that quills and lanterns don't stack

Absum
May 28, 2013

That's referring to the thing were no item stacks with itself right? Not saying that quills don't stack with lanterns? Cause that'd be lame.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Absum posted:

That's referring to the thing were no item stacks with itself right? Not saying that quills don't stack with lanterns? Cause that'd be lame.

ignore me i am retart

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 15, 2015

murtidash
Apr 28, 2003
Rawr!
No Monkee, I am retart :(

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Carcer posted:

Did you run into an unscripted PG?

agartha, my neighbour to the west, decided to aggress me while i participated in an invasion of lanka which turned out to be a scam to try and get my forces away from my own lands so i turned around and engaged him while wringing my hands in fear over his huge great olm stacks only to find his mages were not doing very much at all while mine kept dropping insane orbital nukes and murdering everything

it was pretty satisfying

edit: i think i'm going to have to kill an earth serpent next and i sure dont plan to fight fair on that front. should i just hit it with 50000 casts of frozen heart or drown it in phantasmal armies or whats a cool way to extinguish this piece of poo poo aside from blood saccing the borders until he vanishes out of existence suddenly

Luceid fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 17, 2015

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Both of those at once. Just make sure your plans don't collide with each other, like say hitting your own thugs with gifts from heaven or casting soul vortex in the middle of your own massive army.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Luceid posted:

edit: i think i'm going to have to kill an earth serpent next and i sure dont plan to fight fair on that front. should i just hit it with 50000 casts of frozen heart or drown it in phantasmal armies or whats a cool way to extinguish this piece of poo poo aside from blood saccing the borders until he vanishes out of existence suddenly
Can you send them to Kokytos or is that something PGs are immune to?

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.

Luceid posted:

Yea bring enough mages to cast AN spells through its entire health, if its sitting at 18MR bring a load of mages with insta death spells, alternatively bring fatiguing effects with it being cold blooded, cold auras, grip of winter, or the usual rigor mortis/fatigue causing items on thugs.

Alternatively just get a few thugs with high defense and dusk daggers/gate cleavers. It has one attack with attack skill 15, so a few units with 20+ defense will last long enough to chop it up with AN weapons. Especially if you mix them in with some decoy normal troops with high defense.

Applebee123 fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 17, 2015

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Applebee123 posted:

Yea bring enough mages to cast AN spells through its entire health, if its sitting at 18MR bring a load of mages with insta death spells, alternatively bring fatiguing effects with it being cold blooded, cold auras, grip of winter, or the usual rigor mortis/fatigue causing items on thugs.

Alternatively just get a few thugs with high defense and dusk daggers/gate cleavers. It has one attack with attack skill 15, so a few units with 20+ defense will last long enough to chop it up with AN weapons. Especially if you mix them in with some decoy normal troops with high defense.

Yeah all this stuff works.

Or a handful of high damage troops. Or make it cold so he naps. Earthsnake is good vs regular stuff but dies to all the regular SC counters.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Giants can kill earthsnakes pretty quick.

The snek's big trick is sitting there until its fear routs the enemy, so high morale is important, too. Unless it's lategame, in which case watch out for earthquake.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Yeah all this stuff works.

Or a handful of high damage troops. Or make it cold so he naps. Earthsnake is good vs regular stuff but dies to all the regular SC counters.

Even less since even illusions or undead can easily overwhelm it

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
I finished the LA version of my Arabia nation. You can download it here (packed up with the other ages). Desura thread is here, but I'd also appreciate any balance feedback you guys have. I'm still relying on the mage cost autocalc a lot.

Boing fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 18, 2015

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
That is some incredibly beautiful spritework.

Silent Widows are maybe??? a bit cheap.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Haha perfect you used Nasreddin Hodja as a hero

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

if he just took it that turn he may not have put pd up yet
but then you'd have the little battle swords icon

Kitfox are you feeling okay?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

GenericOverusedName posted:

if he just took it that turn he may not have put pd up yet
but then you'd have the little battle swords icon

Kitfox are you feeling okay?

Did you know that in the Minotaurs draft game that Kitfox took a triple bless and crap scales???

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

amuayse posted:

Elemental plane was added although it's kinda buggy right now.
Fire Giants are pretty cool.

I haven't played D4 in a long time. Is this battle map some mod or alternative view ?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
He's actually got a stealth army sitting there as PD. It's a bluff.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

sacrifices must be made so we can fort every province

can't let that turmoil 3 get our income down

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Hammerstein posted:

I haven't played D4 in a long time. Is this battle map some mod or alternative view ?

This is Conquest of Elysium 4 (which is currently in development).

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
it's going to be bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Meteor Showers is a cool spell
Not pictured: My Great Warlock of Fire getting killed by it

• Locked thread