Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
um, aren't people with mental health issues genetically inferior like black people or no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Jewel Repetition posted:

Jeb has the most endorsements and money, which are historically the two best predictors. Rubio is considered the establishment fallback for if Jeb continues loving up,

We discussed this weekend how Jeb's endorsement list is seriously padded by having basically the whole Florida Congressional Delegation (minus two) on the list. Outside the Sunshine State he's not that impressive on the endorsement list. Rubio is even less so. The average GOP officeholder's desperately holding off from giving an endorsement, not closing ranks behind Jeb or Rubio.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
one look at trump's tax plan shows that he has no interest in expanding social services.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

None of Jeb's endorsements matter as none of those people will remain in office if they oppose Trump.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

stoutfish posted:

one look at trump's tax plan shows that he has no interest in expanding social services.

I was somewhat interested in Trump as a candidate that would push the Republicans (even slightly) leftward until he released that tax plan. Now I'm only cheering for maximum entertainment and the systemic demolition of Jeb's ego.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Jesus how is Carson still his main competition

lol Republicans look what you have wrought

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!
Thinking about it a bit, Rush could probably attack Trump and score some points. Doing it to carry water for Jeb, though, I can't see being good for Rush. No matter how high your star is, it can still come blazing down if you hitch it to a a big stinking dead weight.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Jesus how is Carson still his main competition

lol Republicans look what you have wrought

Adding Trump, Fiorina, Carson together, a solid 55% of the Republican base is in support of people who have never ever held political office

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Patter Song posted:

The average GOP officeholder's desperately holding off from giving an endorsement, not closing ranks behind Jeb or Rubio.

I've been lamenting to myself at how seemingly impossible it would be to primary my GOP rep, who is literally most known for screaming "YOU LIE" at President Obama in the middle of the SOTU address. Hardly someone that can credibly be painted as a RINO.

Maybe it COULD be done by a candidate who proudly hitched his wagon to Trump and slammed the incumbent for being in bed with JEB! and the rest of the GOP establishment.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
How not to be a RINO: be old man that yells at cloud Obama

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I know it's a running joke by now that only autist schizo neckbeards can read comprehend or enjoy Infinite Jest but if we're talking North American unification into O.N.A.N. , maybe the relevant nerd book comparison for Trump isn't The Mule but is in fact Johnny Gentle, Famous Crooner.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uc7wzV1IBOw

My dad could have killed 150,000 people. So what? Bernie is going to kill 10 million.

This, not Trump, is the most entertaining campaign. Paul's petulance and poo poo-eating attitude in the face of massive failure is glorious.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Boosted_C5 posted:

I've been lamenting to myself at how seemingly impossible it would be to primary my GOP rep, who is literally most known for screaming "YOU LIE" at President Obama in the middle of the SOTU address. Hardly someone that can credibly be painted as a RINO.

Maybe it COULD be done by a candidate who proudly hitched his wagon to Trump and slammed the incumbent for being in bed with JEB! and the rest of the GOP establishment.

What's your take on Rush's current criticism of Trump? Is there any legitimacy to it? What's your "gut feeling" on how it will play out?

(Please note that I'm not trying to catch you in some weird trap or whatever. I have no interest in being critical of you. I'm just seriously interested in your opinion.)

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Smoothrich posted:

a Republican talking about expanding federal spending for healthcare services? Better not support that guy! What if he made all sorts of Republicans promote higher quality of life social safety net spending by following his lead? I will do everything in my power to keep my nation divided on these issues, because what kind of Progressive wouldn't? loving conservatards heh. #feeltheburn

Hate Mexicans? I just wrote at length about how much I think we should be supporting Mexico as an ally in their own war on terror, because of the interconnected consequences for both of our countries and my core belief in universal human rights life liberty pursuit of happiness etc. That you think Helping Mexicans is the same as Hating Mexicans means you're some kind of idiot.

And I also love how you have said "what is this CRAZY WEIRDO that cares about mental health? How ignorantly bigoted, you speak. That is like saying WHOS THIS STUPID friend of the family THAT CARES ABOUT CIVIL RIGHTS? If you want to get technical about words. People with mental problems are the most poo poo upon minority in America nowadays, and they disportionately become homeless, drug addicts, prisoners, or most tragically, liberals. It is very sad.

i never implied that it was your stance on mental health care that made you a crazy weirdo. that part is fine, its everything else you say that is crazy and completely divorced from reality. like thinking rolling in with tanks and establishing military bases everywhere is helping mexico, yeah dude im sure that would play really well over here, im sure the mexican people will just give their sovereignty away happily and peacfully. lol you are such a clueless retard.

remember how lots of people were talking about trump being super progressive on taxing the rich and then his plan came out and it was like all tax cuts? what makes you think he will actually follow tru on anything he says. 90% of what comes out of his mouth is straight up lies and made up bullshit. why would you ever trust a dude that has made a handsome living out of propping turds up and getting everyone excited only to drop and run with as much cash as he can carry on to his next scheme while everyone left behind crashes and burns

keep eating up trumps bullshit though, im sure that will work out great for you and your lovely country

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

De Nomolos posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uc7wzV1IBOw

My dad could have killed 150,000 people. So what? Bernie is going to kill 10 million.

This, not Trump, is the most entertaining campaign. Paul's petulance and poo poo-eating attitude in the face of massive failure is glorious.

:ussr:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Brannock posted:

I was somewhat interested in Trump as a candidate that would push the Republicans (even slightly) leftward until he released that tax plan. Now I'm only cheering for maximum entertainment and the systemic demolition of Jeb's ego.

This is how I feel about Trump, and I really wanted to justify supporting him, but I just can't and my biggest issues are that:

1) I can't reconcile with deporting 11 million people. I'm 1st generation and the biggest difference between my parents and an undocumented family from Mexico is that my parents were lucky enough to get the paperwork, and are whiter. Securing our borders against future offenders is one thing, kicking out millions and breaking up families is much worse.
2) Trump spent weeks talking about how his tax plan was going to put hedge fund managers in their place and it would cost him millions. Then he released it and in addition to being a supply side dream, he wants to cut the estate tax. That alone will give the Trump family, literally a billion dollars.

His personality and entertainment factor can't be beat though and it's amazing him watching him take the GOP to strange new places. I'm registered as a republican for reasons, so my primary vote has to go somewhere, and I still maintain he is the best of the GOP crew.

However, I think our next president is going to be Hillary Clinton, who is just left enough for most democrats (the one's she isn't they will forgive her for when a dem takes the white house), and if you take the baggage that comes with the Clinton name out of the equation, most establishment republicans would be placated to see her hawking it up and staying cozy with Wall Street for 8 years.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Jewel Repetition posted:

Jeb has the most endorsements and money, which are historically the two best predictors. Rubio is considered the establishment fallback for if Jeb continues loving up, and would likely receive his support if he dropped out. Oddsmakers are still vastly favoring Jeb and Rubio over Trump and the rest. http://www.predictwise.com/politics/2016repnomination

Bush has far fewer endorsements than Romney had at this point of time, and using money as a barometer is slightly questionable in this age of the billionaire funded campaign.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Dahbadu posted:

What's your take on Rush's current criticism of Trump? Is there any legitimacy to it? What's your "gut feeling" on how it will play out?

(Please note that I'm not trying to catch you in some weird trap or whatever. I have no interest in being critical of you. I'm just seriously interested in your opinion.)

I'm not listening to Rush, but based on what people posted above, he apparently is mad at Trump for slamming Jeb! over 9/11.

I disagree. Jeb! brought it up and opened the door, perfectly valid for his opponent to throw the jab if he's going to expose himself. This ain't a fuckin' charity.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
That would make a great thread title. 2016 Republican Primary: This ain't a fuckin' charity.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Brannock posted:

Adding Trump, Fiorina, Carson together, a solid 55% of the Republican base is in support of people who have never ever held political office
The conservative plan to destroy government must be working then, since they no longer want to elect anyone who actually knows how to run an office.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Why is Carson the only one I am seeing beating Hillary in a general election? Or rather, how does Carson manage this? Why would anyone vote for Carson? I am so confused.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Jayisspecial posted:

Why is Carson the only one I am seeing beating Hillary in a general election? Or rather, how does Carson manage this? Why would anyone vote for Carson? I am so confused.

You're confused because you actually pay attention. Those voters aren't.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trump has gained the endorsement from soon-to-be Black Captain America, Anthony Mackie. Good timing as fox and crew bitch about comics Captain America.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Montasque posted:

Trump is pushing the idea that if HE WERE PRESIDENT all those terrorists would have been kicked out of the USA as many were on overstayed Visas.

Also Donald Trump keeps digging at 9/11.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2015/10/18/trump-triples-down-on-george-w-bushs-responsibility-for-911/

Ezra Klein can be a dick sometimes, but this needs some loving. Keep stealing all that PAC money while you can Jeb!!

http://www.vox.com/2015/10/18/9564267/donald-trump-jeb-bush-911

quote:

The result is this absolutely brutal interview CNN's Jake Tapper conducted with Bush. "If your brother and his administration bear no responsibility at all," Tapper asks, "how do you then make the jump that President Obama and Secretary Clinton are responsible for what happened at Benghazi?"

Bush's response is almost physically painful to watch.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

stoutfish posted:

um, aren't people with mental health issues genetically inferior like black people or no

get your bate out of here , obvious trole

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Had some beers and chicken wings with an old friend and his Republican dad yesterday. He's not an evangelical or a nativist, so he was supporting Jeb until Jeb started campaigning and showed what a disaster he is, and now he is supporting Rubio.

When the conversation turned to Carson he said he liked Carson from the time he began to see him on TV and was thinking about supporting him. That was until a month ago when his son told him Carson was a creationist, and that was the end of that. He had no idea that Carson was a hardcore evangelical (!).

No one out there knows poo poo about Carson except that he's a brain surgeon from a poor background.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Either trump will get elected and start a jihad on illegals or bernie will get elected and tax us to death.

Next year will be a good one.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Rush just played the Chris Wallace interview clip where Trump says he doesn't blame GWB. He then kept hitting over and over that Trump is wrong on this and and the dems will use it to defend Hillary.

Hannity(shudder) is up next. Not sure how much longer I can suffer these idiots. I'm sure Hannity will parrot Rush, he's the biggest GWB apologist out there.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tenzarin posted:

Either trump will get elected and start a jihad on illegals or bernie will get elected and tax us to death.

Next year will be a good one.

Don't worry, you won't qualify for Bernie's taxes :)

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

Who's "us"? Because if you are in a financial position where Bernie is going to raise your taxes, you were already doing loving great.

Zombie Chow
Jun 17, 2010

We interrupt this program to increase dramatic tension.

Jayisspecial posted:

Because most republicans think that voting for a black man with their lovely opinions will somehow redeem their lovely opinions.

Or at least that's how it seems to me :cripes:

I am not American, but a lot of my family have a medical background so they have seen "Healing Hands", the made-for-TV biopic about Carson, and think that he is probably the best choice Americans have for the election. "Of course he's prepared! He's a surgeon! And he believes in God!" :psyduck:

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
The transcript off Rush's website definitely sounds like he's trying to have his cake and eat it, too

quote:

Now to be fair, Trump is resting his assertion on 9/11 that it was lax immigration that allowed the 9/11 hijackers into the country. Well, no question that's probably true. However, Bush was not president when they got into the country. I mean, they made numerous trips in and out of the country. Bush hadn't been in the White House long enough for there to have been any impact whatsoever. Now, Trump could say, "Well, but he wouldn't have changed anything because we know he's for comprehensive reform."

Yeah, yeah, yeah. But it's still a stretch. So in Trump's case, I think it's a vehicle for spreading his views, for continuing to focus attention on his number one issue, which is immigration -- illegal immigration. But this is kind of weird, the whole Benghazi situation. Let me grab a call. This first call here will actually get to the nub of that.
i.e., "here's what he really meant"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Montasque posted:

Rush just played the Chris Wallace interview clip where Trump says he doesn't blame GWB. He then kept hitting over and over that Trump is wrong on this and and the dems will use it to defend Hillary.

Hannity(shudder) is up next. Not sure how much longer I can suffer these idiots. I'm sure Hannity will parrot Rush, he's the biggest GWB apologist out there.

Isn't that because Hannity was created in 2002 for that express purpose?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Logikv9 posted:

find an official florida document for the 9/11 hijackers that has jeb's signature stamped somewhere there for "official" reasons and parrot that poo poo around as proof that jeb bush orchestrated 9/11

the moment trump tweets such a document is the time of death of Jeb!'s campaign

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the moment trump tweets such a document is the time of death of Jeb!'s campaign

This needs to happen

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Yeah I'm going to need more evidence that Bush was president on 9/11

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hodgepodge posted:

Thinking about it a bit, Rush could probably attack Trump and score some points. Doing it to carry water for Jeb, though, I can't see being good for Rush. No matter how high your star is, it can still come blazing down if you hitch it to a a big stinking dead weight.
Well it's not like Rush has a good name to pass on, exactly. He could cash out and go live in luxury until he dies.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Xenophon posted:

The transcript off Rush's website definitely sounds like he's trying to have his cake and eat it, too

i.e., "here's what he really meant"

Republicans, torn between demonizing immigrants and Bush apologetics! Which will win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Brannock posted:

This needs to happen

• Locked thread