Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I did it cs thread.

It took a lot of head clicking but i am finally DMG after 217 wins. :yaycloud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Phosphene posted:

It was everything i expected. There were delays, disconnects, and bad casters with worse camera control. My favorite moments were missing a 4k by moe because the camera was on the other side of the map, steel killing uber with a decoy, and clg red saying that torqued's pause was because they were on tilt.

Azubu is bad. There should be more LANs.

Edit: also azubu chat thinks i'm some other player named Phos?????

Yeah Azubu is real bad. That interview with m0e and steel was good though.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
jesus christ GN3 is just a pile of the worst players I've ever seen. I know I'm better than most of these guys and I just need to put in time to rank up but holy gently caress its so hard when I get my third 30 kill game in a row and I still lose. I only had one other game where someone matched me in kills on my team and even then the rest of the team was single or barely scraping double digit kills. i need to stop solo queueing

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Just think of it as a coin flip as to whether you get put on the good team or the bad team, just like in real life your fate is predetermined the moment you click Ready

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Find some friends and play with a stack and you'll soon carry each other up to LE where all the other old novas hang out

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The only positive of solo queuing on EU is that you get to learn a whole vocabulary of russian swear words

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

jesus christ GN3 is just a pile of the worst players I've ever seen. I know I'm better than most of these guys and I just need to put in time to rank up but holy gently caress its so hard when I get my third 30 kill game in a row and I still lose. I only had one other game where someone matched me in kills on my team and even then the rest of the team was single or barely scraping double digit kills. i need to stop solo queueing

while i understand the feeling, top fragging doesnt mean you did the helpful or decisive kills. it doesnt mean none of them mattered either, and its likely they couldn't capitalize on them, but still.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Depths posted:

The only positive of solo queuing on EU is that you get to learn a whole vocabulary of russian swear words

idi nahui pizda

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Rahu posted:

I did it cs thread.

It took a lot of head clicking but i am finally DMG after 217 wins. :yaycloud:

Maybe now you can MM with Slumpy and go 13-2 first half and then proceed to lose every round for the loss next half.

Good luck, and most importantly, have fun.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Depths posted:

As a newbie and just grinding out the first 3 xp ranks I can confirm its not just in MM. Casual is exactly the same.

I swear that 50% of EU CS players are russian and 49% are polish.

All of them use voicecom to drunkshout or sing like first round eliminated X-Factor contenders.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Smithereens posted:

cat is probably one of the worst ways to retake the site. so many angles and the grenades just bounce right on you. ct or long(if you have time) is better imo.

I love going cat when retaking A. If you are good you can get the guy watching cat and he's usually isolated. If you go CT or Long A that guy just has to turn around and he has a huge advantage over you. Throwing a smoke plat from cat also blocks like 3 of the best angles for Ts to hold. Also if you are quick enough to get to site before the Ts expect it you can really do some damage.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Looks like this C9 might finally make it out of groups at a major.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Slumpy posted:

Maybe now you can MM with Slumpy and go 13-2 first half and then proceed to lose every round for the loss next half.

mm with slump is good though :unsmith:

mm with xen is not :smith:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Smol posted:

Top 2 go through? PUT IT ALL ON LUMINOSITY

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Luna Was Here posted:

If you don't have fun getting 30 kills and losing then quit the game because its never going to be fun for you.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smol posted:

Fnatic is going to be 3-0 from Group A, because of course. Beyond that though, it's a toss-up for the second spot. I honestly don't know who it could be since all three teams are pretty decent.

TSM 3-0 Group B. I'm a G2 fan so I really want them to advance too, but it'll be either them or F3 (mousesports are a joke currently).

Group C is probably the hardest to predict, especially since Titan is now VeryGames -NBK +RPK. That'll be the group to watch.

Group D is definitely NV and Na'Vi, unless Dignitas can pull an ace out of their sleeve.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Awesome Welles posted:

mm with slump is good though :unsmith:

mm with xen is not :smith:

THE PATENTED SLUMPY STRAT

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Luna Was Here posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/themaguro/ Add me if you are looking to MM some more, I'm gn3 as well. I should probably play more MM to rank up, but community comp is too much fun.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Slumpy posted:

That was something special

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I dread going into the second half with more than 9 or 10 rounds, everyone switches off or fucks around and you're lucky to get a draw.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

i opened 5 crates and got 5 terrain negevs. please stop me from doing this

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Turk February posted:

THE PATENTED SLUMPY STRAT

Lotta people ask me how I craft these strats. Lotta people ask how I create these abstract peeks.

Learn, easily, through Slumpy's coaching regimen only 10 dollars an hour

J
Jun 10, 2001

StabMasterArson posted:

i opened 5 crates and got 5 terrain negevs. please stop me from doing this

Watch any streamer that opens hundreds of cases at a time and look at the outcome and laugh, and then just buy whatever skins you want instead of buying keys.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Salt Fish posted:

If you don't have fun getting 30 kills and losing then quit the game because its never going to be fun for you.

I have fun getting thirty kills. I do not like having said kills go to waste by teammates who lose a 4v1 by slow peeking the same corner vs an awp one by one

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Slumpy posted:

Lotta people ask me how I craft these strats. Lotta people ask how I create these abstract peeks.

Learn, easily, through Slumpy's coaching regimen only 10 dollars an hour

Before I was a fat kid with autism who never thought he was gonna do anything. That's when I was referenced to Slumpy's school of tips and tricks by my mom on chicken nugget night. Now my peeks make them "ooh" and my waterfalls of death have an extra bite to them. You cannot get a better value for your dollar! Sign up today!

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

J posted:

Watch any streamer that opens hundreds of cases at a time and look at the outcome and laugh, and then just buy whatever skins you want instead of buying keys.

but I want a knife for £1.60. it happened once

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

ArfJason posted:

while i understand the feeling, top fragging doesnt mean you did the helpful or decisive kills. it doesnt mean none of them mattered either, and its likely they couldn't capitalize on them, but still.

Wrong, bitch. Every skill level under high global is pretty much only about getting tons of kills. If you're consistently top fragging, just keep playing and you'll rank up.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I don't remember if I asked this before but how the hell do I rank up faster? And why is there a level restriction on competitive now? I played a match of it several (plus) months ago but haven't played much CS:GO at all, still not even rank 2. All I want is to shoot dudes with something on the line, is that so much to ask?

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

symbolic posted:

Fnatic is going to be 3-0 from Group A, because of course. Beyond that though, it's a toss-up for the second spot. I honestly don't know who it could be since all three teams are pretty decent.

TSM 3-0 Group B. I'm a G2 fan so I really want them to advance too, but it'll be either them or F3 (mousesports are a joke currently).

Group C is probably the hardest to predict, especially since Titan is now VeryGames -NBK +RPK. That'll be the group to watch.

Group D is definitely NV and Na'Vi, unless Dignitas can pull an ace out of their sleeve.

You have the format wrong, the group winner and loser each only play 2 maps (2-0 and 0-2), while the middle two 1-1 teams play each other in a BO3 to determine which team goes through. C9 has their dream group and they should be able to handle Luminosity in a BO3 if they prepare well enough. Vexed is most likely ending up the 0-2 team, but based on how Luminosity has played lately it could be them.

Totally disagree on mousesports, niko is on another level and that could be enough. Flipside is the 0-2 team there. Interested to see what form G2 shows up in after losing Scream.

e: get ready for a lot of overpass and cbble in the group stage boys

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 19, 2015

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Mouse beat F3 2-0 somewhere last week I believe and have been performing steadily for the last few months I believe.

I'd sooner count F3 out than Mouse. And with Kinguin losing ScreaM, I'm not sure how they'll perform now.

E: beaten by real dilemma

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Smol posted:

what major is this for?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

StabMasterArson posted:

but I want a knife for £1.60. it happened once

http://convars.com/case/

I opened like 400 cases and got 3 knives :shepface:

It's a good thing my market is locked right now because I think I have a gambling problem

edit: Just opened a M4A4 Asiimov on the simulator gently caress

canoshiz fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 19, 2015

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Bohemian Nights posted:

Find some friends and play with a stack and you'll soon carry each other up to LE where all the other old novas hang out

I've been in LE for about 2 weeks now and I've by far seen the most P90 rushing in this one rank than I've ever seen since I ranked out of Nova. Is this the rank where the P90 rush massively drops off or something because there is a whole bunch of it pooled here for some reason.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

what major is this for?

cluj, it's next week

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
What's the easiest way to make a clip for YouTube or whatever from demos. Idgaf about music or special effects.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Probably Shadowplay if you have an nvidia card, tho I imagine amd have something similar

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Smol posted:

:rip: Team Liquid :rip:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

real dilemma posted:

You have the format wrong, the group winner and loser each only play 2 maps (2-0 and 0-2), while the middle two 1-1 teams play each other in a BO3 to determine which team goes through. C9 has their dream group and they should be able to handle Luminosity in a BO3 if they prepare well enough. Vexed is most likely ending up the 0-2 team, but based on how Luminosity has played lately it could be them.

Totally disagree on mousesports, niko is on another level and that could be enough. Flipside is the 0-2 team there. Interested to see what form G2 shows up in after losing Scream.

e: get ready for a lot of overpass and cbble in the group stage boys
I did get the format wrong but I didn't know what it was so I just guessed.

LG has shown up twice for majors now to get into the Top 8, so they definitely do have a shot to get out of Groups. Of their past 12 matches (all NA though), they've only lost to Liquid twice and C9 once. Vexed also has a reasonable chance to upset.

NiKo showing up could help but it alone won't be enough, especially against TSM and possibly against G2 (who have been doing decently since they lost Scream). Flipsid3/Mousesports is still somewhat of a toss-up depending on the map.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

CancerStick posted:

What's the easiest way to make a clip for YouTube or whatever from demos. Idgaf about music or special effects.

Shadowplay if you have nvidia, raptr if you have AMD and then you can probably download a trial of AVS video editor or something to cut it down

qhat posted:

I've been in LE for about 2 weeks now and I've by far seen the most P90 rushing in this one rank than I've ever seen since I ranked out of Nova. Is this the rank where the P90 rush massively drops off or something because there is a whole bunch of it pooled here for some reason.

People are gonna be using the p90 up to the highest ranks but I guess it becomes a slightly rarer sight and that the usage becomes more situational rather than someone running p90 all game because that just doesn't really work when the average person's crosshair placement, reaction time and positioning means you're usually dead before you can spray them down with a mad predictable rush

It also depends very much on the map. I pretty much run rifles only except for cobble where I can sometimes just go full on p90 playing drop as both T and CT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
The p90 is a great gun for office.

• Locked thread