Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

PunkBoy posted:

I really want a happy ending you guys. Give us the option to save everyone, and have the ending be taking selfies with your friends while getting some awesome breakfast at the diner! :smith:

"I guess there aren't any happy endings in real life, Life is strange™ like that" *roll credits*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I really hope this follows the release of the previous steam releases and comes out tonight instead of tomorrow

Edit: looks like it will http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/life-strange-finale-launch-trailer

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PunkBoy posted:

I really want a happy ending you guys. Give us the option to save everyone, and have the ending be taking selfies with your friends while getting some awesome breakfast at the diner! :smith:

No happy endings allowed in things nowadays, too twee

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
:siren:We got movie download-sign on Steam! :siren:

Right when I gotta go to bed :sigh:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You only get the happy ending if you didn't make out with Chloe and agreed to go with Warren to the drive-in, since Chloe only dates girls who play hard to get.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

You only get the happy ending if you didn't make out with Chloe and agreed to go with Warren to the drive-in, since Chloe only dates girls who play hard to get.

:negative:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Man, I really really hope they don't just rip off Donnie Darko's ending. That trailer isn't filling me with confidence. Donnie Darko was good but I was hoping they'd be more original than that.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 19, 2015

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
They could pull it off in an interesting way. Like Chloe's murder sets off an investigation that dismantles the entire Prescott conspiracy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Accordion Man posted:

Man, I really really hope they don't just rip off Donnie Darko's ending. That trailer isn't filling me with confidence. Donnie Darko was good but I was hoping they'd be more original that than that.

The trailers can often be intentionally misleading - rewatch the previews for Episode 4 and see how it paints a totally different picture with the quotes and settings from how events actually shake out. Either way I don't see a self-sustaining causality loop to necessarily be cribbed from Donnie Darko, that's a pretty common occurrence in almost all time travel fiction. Max's power I've always seen as a metaphorical extension of her own character -- indecisive, confused about her identity, often viewing herself as an outside observer without necessarily considering the impact she has upon others. In other words, being a teenager. LiS being a coming of age story, I think the ending will ultimately force Max to confront those aspects of herself and make a permanent, lasting decision. I think she'll break the loop, not maintain it.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

yeah also isn't the point of Donnie Darko that there isn't a self loop, but rather some higher power guiding Donnie to fix a distorted problem in the timeline? Donnie doesn't cause the rift in the timeline, he is needed to fix it, thus the universe/god/whatever uses frank to guide him through the events necessary to remedy the rift in the first place.

Donnie Darko is also not the end all be all of time travel tropes and is in no way the original time traveling tale.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Prepatch contains :siren: improved lip-synch for all episodes :siren:

A good prepatch

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Checked the game after noticing a download, episode 5 still not available but the ticker on the bottom of the screen on the main menu claims that it is. :argh:

C'moooon, release one day early! I have more free time tonight than tomorrow!

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Axel Serenity posted:

A good prepatch

Whaaaaaaaaat?! This might almost be enough to get me to replay everything through again just to wash those bad muppet mouth memories out of my head.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Axel Serenity posted:

A good prepatch

Yeah some good quality of life patches for collectibles mode too.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

sout posted:

Yeah some good quality of life patches for collectibles mode too.

Kind of a moot point. Anyone that's going to use those modes has probably already collected everything by now.

In other news this game will be the first game I ever Platinum.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
[quote="Dolash" post=""451642876"]C'moooon, release one day early! I have more free time tonight than tomorrow!
[/quote]

According to the DN blog I linked earlier the actual episode will release in about six hours on Steam

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

Kind of a moot point. Anyone that's going to use those modes has probably already collected everything by now.

In other news this game will be the first game I ever Platinum.

For a moment I briefly considered how awesome it would be if Platinum licensed their next Bayonetta-like in the LiS setting.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

For a moment I briefly considered how awesome it would be if Platinum licensed their next Bayonetta-like in the LiS setting.

everyone in LiS is flat chested so it would never work out.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Axel Serenity posted:

A good prepatch

YESSSSS

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Wow is ep 5 coming out already? I guess time goes by faster between eps when not obsessively checking the steam page/forums everyday.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Mokinokaro posted:

According to the DN blog I linked earlier the actual episode will release in about six hours on Steam

:coffeepal:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Pawn 17 posted:

Wow is ep 5 coming out already? I guess time goes by faster between eps when not obsessively checking the steam page/forums everyday.

Ha ha ha gently caress you these past three months have been hell. :(

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Plom Bar posted:

Ha ha ha gently caress you these past three months have been hella. :(

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Just rewound from the future to say I enjoyed playing Episode 5.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Just rewound from the future to say I enjoyed playing Episode 5.

I hope I get to shoot Chloe myself and tell her that shes gonna be hella dead.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just wanna go to the movies

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

Right as I get out of work!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I just wanna go to the movies

Go Ape.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

W gon give it to ya.

Torgo2727
Oct 24, 2004
Taking Care of the Place While the Master Is Away

NaDy posted:

Finale trailer is up! Obviously massive SPOILERS if you haven't done the first four episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSE5FbT38dY

I am hella ready for this.

:getin:

I'm not sure how, but a twee adventure of a hipster high school girl is one of my favorites, if not the favorite, game of all time.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Torgo2727 posted:

I'm not sure how, but a twee adventure of a hipster high school girl is one of my favorites, if not the favorite, game of all time.

life is strange

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Torgo2727 posted:

At the very least it's a frontrunner for my game of the year. Considering that games like Bloodborne and MGSV came out this year that's pretty amazing. I haven't been this excited to finish a series in a real long time.

I'm secretly hoping that the payoff for saving alyssa in all 5 episodes is that she dies a horribly painful death just to drive home the fact that max loving with everything is bad.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I aim to.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Caedar posted:

W gon give it to ya.

I still wonder if there will be a consequences for letting Warren beat the poo poo out of Nathan outside of Nathan having a black eye or whatever

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Ekusukariba posted:

I still wonder if there will be a consequences for letting Warren beat the poo poo out of Nathan outside of Nathan having a black eye or whatever

Warren's gonna get straight up murdered, obviously.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

I'm secretly hoping that the payoff for saving alyssa in all 5 episodes is that she dies a horribly painful death just to drive home the fact that max loving with everything is bad.

Alyssa eats a bullet that was destined for Max's waifu Chloe, but only if you never warned her.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Paul Zuvella posted:

Warren's gonna get straight up murdered, obviously.

If anything not letting get his Ape on might be more dangerous, since then Nathan keeps his gun, although I wouldn't be surprised if you have to manipulate Nathan or get him on your side at some point such that having him okay and armed is actually beneficial, just because otherwise taking the opportunity to pound him to a pulp is almost too obvious.

And if the game's actually released in the evening/midnight on Steam that'd be awesome.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Dolash posted:

If anything not letting get his Ape on might be more dangerous, since then Nathan keeps his gun, although I wouldn't be surprised if you have to manipulate Nathan or get him on your side at some point such that having him okay and armed is actually beneficial, just because otherwise taking the opportunity to pound him to a pulp is almost too obvious.

The difference is that Chloe goes dual wield on the endboss' final form instead of only having to use one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

MEGASPOILERS APPARENTLY SOMEONE BEAT THIS ALREADY

https://youtu.be/AZS4EjfY_rM

• Locked thread