Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

Not all, but a lot.

The story-relevant ones, specifically: Black Talon, Esseles, Boarding Party, Taral V, The Foundry, Maelstrom Prison, Directive 7, Battle of Ilum, False Emperor, and the SoR flashpoints. Only odd one in there is Directive 7 unless KOTFE is going to pick up that plot thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Hulk Smash! posted:

Well, we wouldn't want you to have to group up in this MMO.

(I like this change quite a bit)

Look, if I wanted to actually do anything in a group I'd just log onto FFXIV since that's what all my friends play. :v:

I should probably log in anyway in the week before non-early access people get KotFE to reassure them I haven't died or something.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
drat I should've stashed some revans statues.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

the panacea posted:

drat I should've stashed some revans statues.

They were already 15 million+.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

My main concern is that there is no update for Colicoid War Games. That's the best flashpoint.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Is this...is this hype, I feel? Please don't burn me Bioware :unsmith:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Bombogenesis posted:

Is this...is this hype, I feel? Please don't burn me Bioware :unsmith:

Hahahahahahahaha. Man. I'm sorry you must be new to this.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Speaking of ruining all your hype, I know I posted earlier about how my launcher has just decided to not work, and someone said the same today. Well it seems I got early access a day early! As my launcher is now totally hosed. It isn't even giving me an error message now, it just says initializing. :confuoot:

Seriously tempted to just reinstall.

Also the influence sounds good. It isn't as good as Friend/Rival from DA2 was, but hey better than them just being a negative nancy all the time.

Is there any way I can trigger a game repair or something so I don't have to reinstall the whole game?

Eimi fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 19, 2015

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

quote:

M1-4X will remember this

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Never forget.

Space-:911:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Dely Apple posted:

M1-4X will remember this

I'm the best photoshopper

Dely Apple fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 19, 2015

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

~*~*~This action will have consequences~*~*~

*all of the plants in your stronghold die from overwatering*

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Jesus christ I hope that Imperial Characters can recruit M14X.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
No real balance changes, will probably be a major patch in 4-6 weeks like 1.0 and 2.0.

I've got a Light and Dark 60 of every class, 300k WZ comms, 10k Basic, 8k Elite, and 6k Ultimate along with 280 million credits. Bring on the 4.0. :toot:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Was there ever any progress made on making a second TNG guild for people's alts? I'm replaying through some of the classes and once the 12xp is gone the 10% guild exp would be super useful.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

pentyne posted:

Was there ever any progress made on making a second TNG guild for people's alts? I'm replaying through some of the classes and once the 12xp is gone the 10% guild exp would be super useful.

No need right now as long as we can still cull people that haven't played in 30+ days. If we start getting more active where we need to limit alts then we can go that route.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
For all the new people subbing, here is my referral link if anyone wouldn't mind using it. I just need one user to get the mount, which is all I need. You also get a goodie bag and 7 days free sub.

http://www.swtor.com/r/hlRnj9

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Companion weapon changes posted:

•Gault Rennow now uses Blaster Rifles and Sniper Rifles.
•Kaliyo Djannis now uses Blaster Rifles and Sniper Rifles.
•Lieutenant Felix Iresso now uses Blaster Rifles and Sniper Rifles.
•Qyzen Fess now only uses Techblades.
•Zenith now uses Blaster Rifles and Sniper Rifles.
•T7-01 now only uses Blaster Rifles.
•Andronikos Revel now only uses a single Blaster Pistol.
•Lieutenant Pierce now uses Blaster Rifles and Sniper Rifles.
•Corso Riggs now uses Blaster Rifles and Sniper Rifles.
•Risha now uses Blaster Rifles and Sniper Rifles.
•Aric Jorgan now uses Blaster Rifles and Sniper Rifles.
•Yuun now only uses Techblades.
•C2-N2 now only uses a single Blaster Pistol.
•2V-R8 now only uses a single Blaster Pistol.

Hmmmmm.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Here's my referral.

http://www.swtor.com/r/dFQBMS

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man tomorrow is gonna be fun.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Simplifying things so they only have to reward a choice of pistol, rifle, sniper rifle, or techblade for quests I'd imagine.

On the other hand, Aric Jorgan - the dude whose backstory revolves around being a sniper and leading a dedicated unit of snipers - finally gets to use sniper rifles.

Medullah posted:

Man tomorrow is gonna be fun.

And I work 4 PM to 1 AM on Tuesdays. :( I seriously thought about asking for the day off.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Medullah posted:

No need right now as long as we can still cull people that haven't played in 30+ days. If we start getting more active where we need to limit alts then we can go that route.

Also, if anyone has a toon that is inactive that they have no intention of ever playing again you're welcome to join my joke-AFK guild, <Fleet Maintenance>. All that's required is that you stand around /sweeping or /welding something afk in the fleet. :D

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Dexo posted:

Jesus christ I hope that Imperial Characters can recruit M14X.

This times a million holy poo poo

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I'd consider it a fair trade if Republic players can get Blizz.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

"FOR THE REPUBLIC!"

"...Okay, listen, FOR THE LAST TIME..."

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Tech staves are dumb as poo poo anyway.

So are saberstaves. Looking forward to switching all of my Jedi companions down to single blades.

ALSO: With the sheer number of companions we'll be picking up post-KOTFE, I'm wondering if the game will still keep us in tiny ships.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Yeah, because assault cannons weren't worthless enough as it is on the GTN

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I recall them saying something like comp abilities are now tied to the weapon they have equipped for tank/heal/dps roles, but some of those changes are interesting. Or I guess what is interesting is the comps not mentioned.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SKY COQ posted:

ALSO: With the sheer number of companions we'll be picking up post-KOTFE, I'm wondering if the game will still keep us in tiny ships.

I've noticed doors that lead nowhere on every ship. I think there's room to expand. Also I'm guessing there's going to be a cap on the number of companions we can recruit, be it a hard limit or story branches granting certain companions but not others.

That kind of thing is why I spoil the hell out of myself or play a disposable character first.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

SKY COQ posted:

Tech staves are dumb as poo poo anyway.

So are saberstaves. Looking forward to switching all of my Jedi companions down to single blades.

When the game launched I started trying out Jedi Shadow because I was a rogue in WoW. Thanks to the saberstaff that didn't last long. I appreciate that some people like it, but I'd prefer even dual wield. In the end more options = better.

Cythereal posted:

I've noticed doors that lead nowhere on every ship. I think there's room to expand. Also I'm guessing there's going to be a cap on the number of companions we can recruit, be it a hard limit or story branches granting certain companions but not others.

That kind of thing is why I spoil the hell out of myself or play a disposable character first.

Whoa whoa whoa. If they expand ships they better add wall hooks. Specifically a place I can store my Shepard like collection of model ships. :colbert:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Eimi posted:

When the game launched I started trying out Jedi Shadow because I was a rogue in WoW. Thanks to the saberstaff that didn't last long. I appreciate that some people like it, but I'd prefer even dual wield. In the end more options = better.

I like saberstaves. They're goofy and Star Wars-y as gently caress. I'd swap out for one of those actual polearm sabers (saberspears?) that crop up every now and then in Star Wars without hesitation, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cythereal posted:

I've noticed doors that lead nowhere on every ship.

Okay Skadge, I'm going to need you to move to the room marked "Escape Pod"

We got the sign cheap, it's actually a pretty sweet micro-loft.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
I thought I could get my Sith Warrior to 50 before tomorrow but it's down for maintenance :(.

e: lol false call, lets go, road to 50~!!

MikeyLikesIt fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 19, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Saberstaves are fine.

Almost all the tech/vibrostaves are not.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MikeyLikesIt posted:

I thought I could get my Sith Warrior to 50 before tomorrow but it's down for maintenance :(.

No it's not. Click Close.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

Saberstaves are fine.

For a clown

In the circus

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

For my assassin all I wanted and made sure I got was the biggest, longest and gaudy saberstaff that would hang from her belt all the way down to her shins.

And robes of solid gold.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

The only acceptable way to select a weapon is by how cool of a sound it makes :colbert:

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

SKY COQ posted:

Also

Vindication tastes so good.

No gifts for you Sergeant Rusk.

"All players' Affection totals will be converted directly into Influence at a 1:1 ratio, so you keep the points that you’ve gained thus far; however, Influence goes beyond the previous 10,000 limit for Affection. You’ll be able to gain even more Influence with each of your companions!"

So even if you had done it, it still would have mattered, some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Tuskin38 posted:

"All players' Affection totals will be converted directly into Influence at a 1:1 ratio, so you keep the points that you’ve gained thus far; however, Influence goes beyond the previous 10,000 limit for Affection. You’ll be able to gain even more Influence with each of your companions!"

So even if you had done it, it still would have mattered, some.

Only if I ever planned on using those companions in combat. I just want to see their stories and grab the achievement/Presence bonus.

• Locked thread