Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

speshl guy posted:

I'm having trouble understanding why a repairman cum PM candidate would risk getting caught peeing into someone's dishes when realistically in a home like that there is probably a bathroom or two within his line of sight.

It was out of spite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
That was a fantastic episode. It didn't seem as driven as some of the more recent ones.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Americans learn how to pronounce Trudeau itt

(that was a good segment)

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Haven't seen Michael Myers for a while.

Also I would love to see us try to enforce that law.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Propaganda Machine posted:

we learned from reading doonesbury

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Nice to see the cast of The Love Guru back together

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I miss you Mike Myers, make more movies. :saddowns:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Holy gently caress, that was so good. I'm proudly :canada:-ian, and I'm glad he got the word out about what's going on up here.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Kibayasu posted:

Also I would love to see us try to enforce that law.

Even then they'll probably get off on some bullshit technicality like they didnt say to VOTE for anyone they said NOT to vote for someone.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Except it's obviously pronounced True-dough

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Stephen Harper obviously ate that kitten and I've hated him for years.

fake edit: referring to this picture:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

IRQ posted:

That kitten looks terrified :ohdear:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

Wait, how were they pronouncing it? Yeah, it's 'True-Dough', with english speakers accenting the 'true', and french speakers accenting the 'dough'

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

French-Canadian Name Pronunciations "THEY" Don't Want You To Know About

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
As a Canadian I'm kind of disappointed in this episode as you think Oliver would have used the footage of Trudeau doing a charity strip show (yes he did that) or his charity boxing match against a Canadian Senator (he did that too) or him geeking about about a Star War's liveried airplane that happen this morning.

Or used the picture that Stephen Harper took with noted Crack Addict Ex-Mayor Rob Ford yesterday at a giant rally

http://www.thestar.com/news/federal-election/2015/10/17/harper-calls-trudeau-economic-plan-all-unicorns-and-rainbows.html

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

sbaldrick posted:

As a Canadian I'm kind of disappointed in this episode as you think Oliver would have used the footage of Trudeau doing a charity strip show (yes he did that) or his charity boxing match against a Canadian Senator (he did that too) or him geeking about about a Star War's liveried airplane that happen this morning.

Or used the picture that Stephen Harper took with noted Crack Addict Ex-Mayor Rob Ford yesterday at a giant rally

http://www.thestar.com/news/federal-election/2015/10/17/harper-calls-trudeau-economic-plan-all-unicorns-and-rainbows.html

Maybe you could tweet it at him?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lawman 0 posted:

Maybe you could tweet it at him?

I support this movement.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

sbaldrick posted:

Wearing an Adidas tracksuit for a photo-op with the Prime Minister probably isn't even the worst decision he made yesterday.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Wearing an Adidas tracksuit for a photo-op with the Prime Minister probably isn't even the worst decision he made yesterday.

Give the book about him coming out, not even close

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm Danish and I was initially annoyed with how poorly he represented that zoo story but the video was funny as gently caress so I ain't mad.

I live in Odense and I should've gone to see that drat autopsy, I could've been in the background of that footage!

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 19, 2015

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm Danish and I was initially annoyed with how poorly he represented that zoo story but the video was funny as gently caress so I ain't mad.

I live in Odense and I should've gone to see that drat autopsy, I could've been in the background of that footage!

Yeah.... why are y'all killing healthy animals though, or was that bit not fully true?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

IRQ posted:

Yeah.... why are y'all killing healthy animals though, or was that bit not fully true?

No, it's true, but it was a case of overpopulation and danger of inbreeding. The zoo tried to reach out to their international partners and associations and when no one would take the animals, what choice do they have? They can't put them back into the wild just like that. It's still lovely as gently caress but they for sure didn't want to do it and so they decided to make use of them for a scientific purpose instead. I haven't done any research but I would assume a lot of animals are euthanized like that across the globe.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

IRQ posted:

Harperbot requires fresh kittens to maintain full operating capacity. Check Romney, it's the same thing there just with puppies.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Hakkesshu posted:

No, it's true, but it was a case of overpopulation and danger of inbreeding. The zoo tried to reach out to their international partners and associations and when no one would take the animals, what choice do they have? They can't put them back into the wild just like that. It's still lovely as gently caress but they for sure didn't want to do it and so they decided to make use of them for a scientific purpose instead. I haven't done any research but I would assume a lot of animals are euthanized like that across the globe.

Ok that was pretty much my question. And I don't have trouble believing it, the number of big cat sanctuaries in the US alone is surprising and they don't have enough space to take in all the idiots who get a baby lion or whatever then "whoops it's a fully grown lion now lol please take it away."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Canadian government has weighed in and stated that what John did does not count as against the law.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

muscles like this? posted:

The Canadian government has weighed in and stated that what John did does not count as against the law.

So they had nothing better to do today?

I'm guessing they were just happy that Mike Myers and Nickelback got screentime.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Without hearing why, I'm betting that it's a matter of a non-resident doing so while on Canadian soil, versus from outside the country. Am I close?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I'm guessing there's a "... unless back up by Mike Myers" subclause to the law

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Hopefully this episode appeased the haters. Only one random reference to "Jenny from Accounts" and from memory, no random shouting to the invisible nobody as the punchline to a joke.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Without hearing why, I'm betting that it's a matter of a non-resident doing so while on Canadian soil, versus from outside the country. Am I close?

They say that the law is supposed to be about more substantive persuasiveness and not just someone stating their opinion.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

speshl guy posted:

I'm having trouble understanding why a repairman cum PM candidate would risk getting caught peeing into someone's dishes when realistically in a home like that there is probably a bathroom or two within his line of sight.

Turns out politicians / wannabe politicians are sociopaths no matter where in the world you go.

xcore posted:

Hopefully this episode appeased the haters. Only one random reference to "Jenny from Accounts" and from memory, no random shouting to the invisible nobody as the punchline to a joke.

That wasn't a random reference, it was a callback to a similar joke from a previous episode.

raditts fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 20, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

And Justin Trudeau (the "fall down the stairs" guy) wins!

Now to find out if it's a majority or minority government.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

They say that the law is supposed to be about more substantive persuasiveness and not just someone stating their opinion.

I wish he had more time to just have this anger him.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

And Justin Trudeau (the "fall down the stairs" guy) wins!

Now to find out if it's a majority or minority government.

Majority! :woop:

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

That wasn't a random reference, it was a callback to a similar joke from a previous episode.

I know, but it was a callback to a joke that everyone is apparantly sick and tired of.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

xcore posted:

I know, but it was a callback to a joke that everyone is apparantly sick and tired of.
Don't mistake random grumblers for "everyone".

Personally, I cannot get enough of Oliver's shouting at imaginary misbehaving people. I think it's hilarious almost every time.

And just as general advice, try not to watch something while hoping it'll satisfy the haters. I've been there. It just sucks the fun out of whatever you would otherwise be enjoying. Not worth it. (Not easy to just turn off, but also clearly not worth it.)

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

An interesting way of doings things, Canada.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Woop indeed, they elected a different bunch of idiots in a majority government who will only kind of gently caress everything up!

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

The idea is to prevent, say, a foreign owned company with Canadian employees from telling them who to vote for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

TheCenturion posted:

The idea is to prevent, say, a foreign owned company with Canadian employees from telling them who to vote for.

That seems like it should fall under a more general law about voter intimidation, though (since a domestic company doing the same thing would be just as shady).

• Locked thread