Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The test is positive, you say? Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

The hottest new tattoo trend is here. It's endorsed by Kendall Jenner, so that must make it good, right?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Awful patter

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"Where's the tattoo?" he asked, not realizing it was a slideshow. I hate slideshows. And then I hated the tattoos.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Icelandic swastika

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

This is better than those tattoos in the yahoo article.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

The hottest new tattoo trend is here. It's endorsed by Kendall Jenner, so that must make it good, right?

As a high street shop in a suburb of London i'm gonna love this poo poo!

Purely because of the faces 18 year old girls will pull when i tell them that the mark on their finger that will stay there for the rest of their loving lives will cost more than the high heeled shoes they just bought sitting in the bag they are carrying.

Seriously, this celebrity 'Tiny Tattoo' trend is either gonna make me a millionaire or insane, £50 for a 3 little dots on your finger... are you sure you want that...

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

cyberia has a new favorite as of 07:16 on Oct 19, 2015

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I can get behind at least 25 percent of that.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Caken sounds like the Wanda's Macaroni Salad lady had a kid and tried to give it a rich people name

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The White Dragon posted:

Caken sounds like the Wanda's Macaroni Salad lady had a kid and tried to give it a rich people name

That's Laken

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

That guy who is always tattooing girls' faces is at it again.

First was that girl with the stars --

Then what I consider his piece de reistance, his lady --

But now there's another gal.

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf201...ampaign=seeding

Google Translate posted:

Joyce Noppe wanted a small phoenix on her face, but the result was disappointing. "Everyone stares at me in the street." She already has three laser sessions behind to remove the tattoo.

It had to be a small, colorful phoenix, with the initials of her husband in processing. But the tattoo where Joyce Noppe (28) walk around with today covers the whole right side of her face. "I have three laser sessions over. That tattoo has to go. "Her story is reminiscent of the" star girl "that in 2009 'unintentionally' 56 stars on her face got tattooed with the infamous Rouslan Toumaniantz. The same tattooist who put the Phoenix in Joyce. Geert and Sofie Buekenhoudt Neyt

"I have so very much regret." That's the short sentence explanation of the photo Joyce earlier this week posted on Facebook. She loves her blaze back so that the outline of a tattoo is visible on the entire right side of her face. That this was not the expected outcome two years ago when she walked into a tattoo shop is obvious.

It would be two sessions in total, Joyce explains. One to the contours of her tattoo - "it had to be a phoenix, with the initials of me and my husband" - capturing, and a few months later a second appointment to color the phoenix. But which was never built.

Tattoo artist of service was the notorious Rouslan Toumaniantz, the man who a few years earlier Kimberley Vlaeminck transformed it into "star girl". "I wish the first tattoo show in my neck put," says Joyce. "But my husband asked for my face. Rouslan has designed more than designed, slightly larger than expected. But I was satisfied. Until I came home and my husband said he no longer wanted to look at the right side of my face. "

When her relationship a few months later died, Joyce was left alone with her unfinished tattoo. And very much regret. "I have now cut a blaze to cover my face as much as possible, and before going out, I'm three minutes before the mirror to make-up off my tattoo. When I walk down the street, everyone looks at me. "

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

PCOS Bill posted:

That's Laken

It's spelled Lakyn.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I.C. posted:

It's spelled Lakyn.

http://www.babynamewizard.com/baby-name/girl/laken

quote:

Comments and insights on the name Laken: | Edit

My daughter is 11 and we named her Laikyn. It is derived from Laken but we felt this version was more feminine. She gets upset to find out her name has no meaning. I wonder why this is? It has certainly been around long enough for someone to give a meaning to it. So I would like to throw out the meaning myself. Because there seems to be some consistency about a body of water involved in this name (although no one wants there name to mean "body of water".

Water was used in the Old
Testament to symbolize cleansing and renewal. Water was used in
priestly ablutions to denote ceremonial cleansing. So how about
one who is cleansed and renewed

Water also gives life so how about
Giving one or life giving

Ancient meaning of dreaming a lake:

To dream, of a lake, means you will have good achievements in the field of negotiation and diplomacy.
so: Diplomatic or acheiver
Biblically:

when mentioned in the Word, in the spiritual sense signify intelligence from the knowledges of good and truth, for pools there mean waters gathered together, or lakes, and waters gathered together, and lakes, denote in the complex the knowledges through which is intelligence, as in Isaiah:--

so Laken/Laikyn could mean:
Intelligence from knowledge of good and truth

quote:

My daughter is named Laken. When I was a child there was a soap opera on called Santa Barbara and there was a character on it named Laken. I always said when I grew up and had a daughter that was what I was going to name her. 25 years later I had a daughter and named her Laken. I just always liked the name and never forgot it.

We just named our daughter Laken in 2010. My name is Rainy and many of the members in my family have "earthy, organic, or nature themed" names. My husband thought that Laken would be a nice name for our daughter. We call her Lake or Lakers often.

The internet is a scary place.

ShinyBirdTeeth
Nov 7, 2011

sparkle sparkle sparkle
I'm planning my very first tattoo, I would like it on my face with the names and favorite shows of my current roommates. Should I get all that inside a giant penis or one of those memes. I'm a big fan of the cat one. Thanks for your help guys.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

MrMenshevik posted:

I'm planning my very first tattoo, I would like it on my face with the names and favorite shows of my current roommates. Should I get all that inside a giant penis or one of those memes. I'm a big fan of the cat one. Thanks for your help guys.

Be original and get it done on your heart.

Like get your chest cracked open and actually on your heart.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

MrMenshevik posted:

Get a full-chest tattoo of Dogs Playing Poker, with each dog being 'tattooed' with the name and favorite show of a roommate on its torso!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
So was she just too scared to say something to the tattoo artist lunatic during the process? Because she surely felt the needle going from her forehead to her cheekbone to her jaw.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Thin Privilege posted:

So was she just too scared to say something to the tattoo artist lunatic during the process? Because she surely felt the needle going from her forehead to her cheekbone to her jaw.

That's not what I got from the article. (I read it in the original Dutch.)

She first wanted a small phoenix in her neck, but her husband convinced her to put it on her face. Then the guy tattooed her, 'slightly' bigger than expected, but she was satisfied. Until she came home and her husband said he couldn't look at her face anymore. Then they broke up a few months later.

This Rouslan guy is still totally mental and way, way too eager to put crap on people's faces, but this one is on her as much as on him.

Also that translation is wrong in that it should say it takes her 3 quarters to put on make-up, not 3 minutes.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MrMenshevik posted:

All the memes.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Say Nothing posted:

All the memes.

Two "pron" s spotted

ShinyBirdTeeth
Nov 7, 2011

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Get a full-chest tattoo of Dogs Playing Poker, with each dog being 'tattooed' with the name and favorite show of a roommate on its torso!

That's clearly a better idea. Unfortunately, I've decided to emulate this fine specimen and get logos from second-tier cola companies:

Peach Style
Nov 10, 2003

I don't speak 'crazy head sucker' language.
About 6 years ago, one of my co-workers decided to get his first tattoo on his right hip to match another co-worker.

http://i.imgur.com/emTCHKL.jpg:nws:

A friend of mine said it reminded him of Darkwing Duck. I don't know.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

I don't hate this, but it definitely could've been done better

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Yummmm

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Looks a little like Mickey Mouse gloves

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

PCOS Bill posted:

http://www.babynamewizard.com/baby-name/girl/laken

*stupid stuff about laken*

The internet is a scary place.

The hilarious part is that, at least as a Jewish last name, Laken has nothing to do with water. It's a Ellis-Island rendering of "Leah's Son".

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
That's a butthole and nothing can convince me otherwise.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

"So much better!"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Thin Privilege posted:

When it was just the extremely young girl with the stars on her face claiming she fell asleep or passed out during the session, I figured she just regretted it. Now I'm thinking this guy is just really intense about convincing women he's going to make them look totally great. Not that that shirks personable responsibility, though. It takes a special kind of person to want a face tattoo in the first place, especially if you're getting it on your lovely boyfriend's request.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

davidspackage posted:

When it was just the extremely young girl with the stars on her face claiming she fell asleep or passed out during the session, I figured she just regretted it. Now I'm thinking this guy is just really intense about convincing women he's going to make them look totally great. Not that that shirks personable responsibility, though. It takes a special kind of person to want a face tattoo in the first place, especially if you're getting it on your lovely boyfriend's request.

I think the dude just has a fetish for tattooing women's faces.

Bored has a new favorite as of 08:07 on Oct 20, 2015

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

davidspackage posted:

When it was just the extremely young girl with the stars on her face claiming she fell asleep or passed out during the session, I figured she just regretted it.

She later admitted that she didn't fall asleep.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Peach Style posted:

About 6 years ago, one of my co-workers decided to get his first tattoo on his right hip to match another co-worker.

http://i.imgur.com/emTCHKL.jpg:nws:

A friend of mine said it reminded him of Darkwing Duck. I don't know.

Darkwing Dick

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/bangalore/australian-couple-allegedly-harassed-over-tattoo-of-hindu-goddess-in-bengaluru/ posted:

Some people at the restaurant noticed a tattoo of goddess Yellamma on Gordon’s shin and started clicking pictures — despite the couple’s objections. Some men demanded that the tattoo be removed or that Gordon cover up his shin. A few also suggested that his skin be removed to get rid of the tattoo, Gordon alleged.

Yup, travel to india with a huge rear end tattoo of an indian goddess. Good idea.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
how hard is it to put some pants on.

*starting to sound like my mother

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I too want to flail people alive when I see a Jesus tattoo.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Let's get turgid

ShinyBirdTeeth
Nov 7, 2011

sparkle sparkle sparkle

LingcodKilla posted:

I too want to flail people alive when I see a Jesus tattoo.

I think you mean 'flay' or 'flense,' but flailing is good too. Especially if it's this back bursting monstrosity:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread