Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tuskin38 posted:

"All players' Affection totals will be converted directly into Influence at a 1:1 ratio, so you keep the points that you’ve gained thus far; however, Influence goes beyond the previous 10,000 limit for Affection. You’ll be able to gain even more Influence with each of your companions!"

So even if you had done it, it still would have mattered, some.

Don't forget the +10 presence per. Totally worth it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

So when people said the presence bonus unlocks at 50, does that mean the legacy unlock?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Eimi posted:

Don't forget the +10 presence per. Totally worth it!

And it does make them better at crafting and crew missions, too.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

poo poo, I should get everyone off Hoth before it's too late

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
"All Droid Gear have been changed into a “Valuable Droid Part” which sells for a decent amount of Credits to vendors."

I wonder what their definition of 'decent' is.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So another thing for tomorrow - if you have cartel certificates, you can pick up a Darth Malgus or Satele Shan holostatue from the reputation vendors that acts as a portable trainer for you when you're leveling from 60-65, assuming you don't have the free Hutt one if you pre-ordered the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion.

You need max rep with Contraband to get it - but you can easily get that by using the slot machines on the guild ship in a half hour or so. :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tuskin38 posted:

"All Droid Gear have been changed into a “Valuable Droid Part” which sells for a decent amount of Credits to vendors."

I wonder what their definition of 'decent' is.

Someone on Reddit said 8k.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Sorry to interrupt all the expansion talk, but:

Crafted dyes are pretty much a license to print money on an RP server. I don't even do a search to see current prices anymore. They move so fast that I can just set my price and it'll BE the low price at some point before the timer runs out. On weekends they sell as fast as I can make them.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Sorry to interrupt all the expansion talk, but:

Crafted dyes are pretty much a license to print money on an RP server. I don't even do a search to see current prices anymore. They move so fast that I can just set my price and it'll BE the low price at some point before the timer runs out. On weekends they sell as fast as I can make them.

And imagine tomorrow when people want to dye their scantily clad Jaesa's black and red...

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

And imagine tomorrow when people want to dye their scantily clad Jaesa's black and red...

With cross-class companions, I do wonder which female companions we'll see the most of barring romance issues and any new plot-important female companions. I'm guessing Kira, at least Republic-side. Maybe Jaesa imp-side?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Cythereal posted:

With cross-class companions, I do wonder which female companions we'll see the most of barring romance issues and any new plot-important female companions. I'm guessing Kira, at least Republic-side. Maybe Jaesa imp-side?

Ensign Temple can finally get a proper master!

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

My worry with the companion changes is that they'll lose their unique abilities and some of their individuality but then, I mean as it currently is Vector can be unique all he wants melee dps is still getting sidelined almost all the time (in my experience)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

SKY COQ posted:

Ensign Temple can finally get a proper master!

If you could tutor Temple to be a proper Sith that would own. Really, I just want an apprentice character I actually teach. Jaesa is cool but she is more like my gal pal since she was fully trained when I got her. I want to play Yoda to someones Luke drat it. :negative:

RentACop posted:

My worry with the companion changes is that they'll lose their unique abilities and some of their individuality but then, I mean as it currently is Vector can be unique all he wants melee dps is still getting sidelined almost all the time (in my experience)

Eh HK and Treek are the only unique ones, and I imagine the flavor abilities will stick around, so Temple will still have a Force blast, Tharan will still summon Holiday, etc. HK and Treek will become more normal though for sure.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 20, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Eimi posted:

If you could tutor Temple to be a proper Sith that would own. Really, I just want an apprentice character I actually teach. Jaesa is cool but she is more like my gal pal since she was fully trained when I got her. I want to play Yoda to someones Luke drat it. :negative:

Consular teaches the hell out of Nadia, and it's pretty awesome.

At least the female one does. I assume the male one is too busy having sex with her.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

quote:

Legacy-Wide Datacrons Now Live! Found Datacrons now grant stat bonuses to every character in your Legacy! You can track your Datacron progress in the Legacy window.

Noooooooooo my youtube revenuuuue.

Honestly, though, that should have been a day 1 thing.

Where is the info about new companions though? I'm blind.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dexo posted:

I assume the male one is too busy having sex with her.

Or telling her to please stop trying to get in his robes, yes.

It's why I love the relationship between Nadia and the lady Consular. It's a really nice teacher/student relationship, and one of the very few healthy Jedi Master/Padawan relationships I've ever seen in Star Wars. With a male Consular it's heavily derailed by "You're just like my dad and I'm in love with you!" even if you don't reciprocate.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Dexo posted:

Consular teaches the hell out of Nadia, and it's pretty awesome.

At least the female one does. I assume the male one is too busy having sex with her.

Yeah Nadia is awesome. Surprising too since she's an act 3 comp. Granted even if she was cross faction at this point in the story she'd be fully trained, if by nothing else but the virtue of living til then.

As for new comps we have no idea, beyond that betting on Lana and Theron is a really safe bet. Also that Nico my caesin is here dude too. There are more beyond them but who are they? :iiam:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Whats the best way to get outfits and stuff added to the collection? Buy off GTN with credits, use cartel coins to unlock account wide?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Eimi posted:

Yeah Nadia is awesome. Surprising too since she's an act 3 comp. Granted even if she was cross faction at this point in the story she'd be fully trained, if by nothing else but the virtue of living til then.

As for new comps we have no idea, beyond that betting on Lana and Theron is a really safe bet. Also that Nico my caesin is here dude too. There are more beyond them but who are they? :iiam:

Nadia's helped a lot, in my opinion, by her showing up long before she joins as a companion. There's a pretty good character arc to her that happens through more than off-screen adventures, and that's more than can be said for most companions - it's all about her personal growth and journey.

One of my favorite characters in TOR, and definitely my pick for the character with the best story arc to her. Lokin and Forex are funny as hell, but they don't really change throughout their conversation lines.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Nadia's helped a lot, in my opinion, by her showing up long before she joins as a companion. There's a pretty good character arc to her that happens through more than off-screen adventures, and that's more than can be said for most companions - it's all about her personal growth and journey.

One of my favorite characters in TOR, and definitely my pick for the character with the best story arc to her. Lokin and Forex are funny as hell, but they don't really change throughout their conversation lines.

Having just done a ton of affection grinding, I'm pretty sure she has the most quests of any A3 comp by a mile too.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Cythereal posted:

Risha is the same way, you interact with her for all of Act 1 before she joins you as a companion, and she's definitely a stronger character for it.

waffledoodle
Oct 1, 2005

I believe your boast sounds vaguely familiar.

Medullah posted:

Man tomorrow is gonna be fun.

Sure hope so :tinfoil:

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
"Class Companion conversations will now unlock based upon class story progression"

I missed this first time through.

So when I launch the game tomorrow, I'll have a thousand companion quests waiting for me on high level characters.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Quick entry for the contest (in-game mail sent)

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
My only regret is that I never bothered leveling up my affection with HK-51, so now I'm going to miss out on his conversations on all my characters.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

TheHock posted:

My only regret is that I never bothered leveling up my affection with HK-51, so now I'm going to miss out on his conversations on all my characters.
Good news then, because it sounds like one of the changes they're making is to have companion conversations trigger based on story progress rather than individual influence level.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Tuskin38 posted:

"Class Companion conversations will now unlock based upon class story progression"

I missed this first time through.

So when I launch the game tomorrow, I'll have a thousand companion quests waiting for me on high level characters.

Now you can catch up on all those Skadge quests!

Also the MNF game is under 2 minutes in the first half, so the new Star Wars trailer should be on ESPN in 10-15mins

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
Huh. Somehow I heard that and figured it wouldn't apply to Treek or HK (who don't really fit into that leveling scheme) but if that's the case, then I'll be happy to knock out those last few bits of dialog.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Could I get some ui screenshots? I decided to come back to the game and the default ui is bugging me a little, I want to fix that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sorus posted:

Could I get some ui screenshots? I decided to come back to the game and the default ui is bugging me a little, I want to fix that.

Wait till tomorrow and we can actually export and give you our UIs!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I am hyped

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

I really hope Lucas and pals don't gently caress this one up.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Really cool trailer, but as Mr Plinkett says, we can't be taken in by well shot, well edited trailers, no matter how cool they are. The Phantom Menace and Dead Island had amazing trailers too. :colbert:

Also something is really hosed up with me that I identify more with the Empire imagery than the Republic. That's....probably not a good thing.

The saber hilt is still dumb.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Cythereal posted:

I really hope Lucas and pals don't gently caress this one up.

George Lucas can't hurt us any more. We escaped from him and he's in the past now.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Eimi posted:

Really cool trailer, but as Mr Plinkett says, we can't be taken in by well shot, well edited trailers, no matter how cool they are. The Phantom Menace and Dead Island had amazing trailers too. :colbert:

Also something is really hosed up with me that I identify more with the Empire imagery than the Republic. That's....probably not a good thing.

The saber hilt is still dumb.

I didn't see any Republic imagery. The impression I'm getting is that the Empire's kept chugging on, worse for the wear and down a few notches, but still present and powerful.

I am, however, pleasantly surprised that our apparent protagonists are a woman and a black guy.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Cythereal posted:

I didn't see any Republic imagery. The impression I'm getting is that the Empire's kept chugging on, worse for the wear and down a few notches, but still present and powerful.

I am, however, pleasantly surprised that our apparent protagonists are a woman and a black guy.

Well I guess the good guy stuff, ie X-wings and Stormtroopers and TIEs getting busted up.

Also I'd have preferred if the woman was the main character and the black guy supporting, but it is better than just a white guy as the lead.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Eimi posted:

Well I guess the good guy stuff, ie X-wings and Stormtroopers and TIEs getting busted up.

Also I'd have preferred if the woman was the main character and the black guy supporting, but it is better than just a white guy as the lead.

True on all counts.

Seriously, though, you'd think the Disney conglomerate of all media empires would be pushing for one of its live-action big-budget minion companies to do a woman lead before 2019 or whenever the Captain Marvel movie is scheduled.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Cythereal posted:

True on all counts.

Seriously, though, you'd think the Disney conglomerate of all media empires would be pushing for one of its live-action big-budget minion companies to do a woman lead before 2019 or whenever the Captain Marvel movie is scheduled.

That's a I dunno I am shocked that Captain Marvel took so long to get made, but I guess isn't her power level bigger than every other Avenger? Also I really hope they use the Muslim version of her. That'd be great.

Also aren't there very, very few female comic book heroes that are you know, actually heroic and appealing to women as opposed to sexy fapbait?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Yo JJ where the gently caress are the TIE Interceptors and Defenders and

• Locked thread