Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Fulchrum posted:

Kelly time!

"Gone to feces"

This Kelly Kartoon has all the hits, and a bonus crying person! Love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I've wondered what the general response would have been if it were one of the GOP candidates that had this email scandal. I'm guessing the only play it would get is shock that any of them would be tech-savvy enough to even be associated with something like this, because all their other scandals would drown it out, tsunami style. Kinda like finding out that O.J. has some unpaid parking tickets.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

O'Malley doesn't remotely look like that.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

D.N. Nation posted:

Maybe he copied part of an older cartoon and forgot to replace Dennis Kucinich.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Sandpuppy posted:

I've wondered what the general response would have been if it were one of the GOP candidates that had this email scandal. I'm guessing the only play it would get is shock that any of them would be tech-savvy enough to even be associated with something like this, because all their other scandals would drown it out, tsunami style. Kinda like finding out that O.J. has some unpaid parking tickets.

They regularly do. That's how much no one cares. Even Palin did it, still no one cared. Hell, JEB did as well, he even released them all, unredacted so you could get personal info from them.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

D.N. Nation posted:

Also Hillary doesn't have a giant blob nose

A Frosty Beverage
Sep 26, 2007

Full of vitamin chill
This whole Bernie being mad about the emails thing is funny. HE'S the weirdo who's crazy for bringing up the emails that the conservative side refuses to let go of. They're trying to have their cake and eat it too, whiiiich isn't too unusual to see, I suppose.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Did someone say emails?

duz posted:

Hell, JEB did as well, he even released them all, unredacted so you could get personal info from them.

Do you have a link? That sounds like it could be good for a laugh.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Fulchrum posted:

Kelly time!

"Gone to feces"

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

DbD is leaking into reality

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Fulchrum posted:

Kelly time!

"Gone to feces"

ahaha what the gently caress :eyepop:

this is so silly, even for Kelly

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

It works because it helps the body re-cultivate healthy bacteria, in case anyone was wondering.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Samuel Clemens posted:

Did someone say emails?

Do you have a link? That sounds like it could be good for a laugh.

A quick search shows some talk here. JEB blamed the state for not redacting them, but at least they've gone back and tried to fix it.
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/did-jeb-bush-dump-sensitive-info-about-floridians/2217141

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Marty! In slightly varying sizes for some reason!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Jia posted:

DbD is leaking into reality

Man I mean the more drones there are flying around in more places the more occurrences there will be of people shooting at them. I doubt this cartoon is going for anything more than a dumb joke but I'd be a little surprised if it hadn't happened a few times already.

Not saying this is good or bad or whatever but it's kind of amusing to me either way.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jay Rust posted:

what's the backstory on this?

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Basically exactly what Marty Two Bulls said: a scientist found an incredibly rare bird, took a picture of it, and then killed it. For science. Because you can't science living birds, I guess?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

Man I mean the more drones there are flying around in more places the more occurrences there will be of people shooting at them. I doubt this cartoon is going for anything more than a dumb joke but I'd be a little surprised if it hadn't happened a few times already.

Not saying this is good or bad or whatever but it's kind of amusing to me either way.

It has happened. A guy shot a drone hovering over his back yard while his teenage daughter was sunbathing or something. The case raises really interesting questions about privacy, airspace rights, etc, but for some reason nobody seemed to talk about how stupidly dangerous it is for anyone to shoot a gun skyward.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

In the guy's own words: https://www.audubon.org/news/why-i-collected-moustached-kingfisher

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How else are we going to find out if it tastes good?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

alnilam posted:

It has happened. A guy shot a drone hovering over his back yard while his teenage daughter was sunbathing or something. The case raises really interesting questions about privacy, airspace rights, etc, but for some reason nobody seemed to talk about how stupidly dangerous it is for anyone to shoot a gun skyward.

If it was birdshot not much at all. Hell you shoot your friends in the face with birdshot and it's so gentle your friend will apologize to you.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

:captainpop:

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

alnilam posted:

Except they pulled the video from the drone and ir wasn't near this guy's property or his daughter he just wanted an excuse to shoot it.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ugly as poo poo but I kinda like the general idea of the metaphor.

When I saw this I was immediately sure that it was lifted from Herblock, but after a half-hour's search found nothing so . . . yeah a surprisingly good cartoon from Payne??

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

More corporate welfare for billionaires that use slave labor, let the workers pay for it.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

socialsecurity posted:

Except they pulled the video from the drone and ir wasn't near this guy's property or his daughter he just wanted an excuse to shoot it.

Hahaha I'm not surprised

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

When I saw this I was immediately sure that it was lifted from Herblock, but after a half-hour's search found nothing so . . . yeah a surprisingly good cartoon from Payne??

Not too surprising, Payne is one of those guys who is really talented but just got incredibly lazy over the years. His early stuff looks amazing, you'd never guess it was the man who's done 400 cartoons featuring giant bumpers.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Jay Rust posted:

"Stupid bird! I LOOOOOVE DEATH!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Marty taking the bold pro-vivisection stance.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Stroop There It Is posted:

It very likely has to do with the fundamental attribution error. I need help from the government because I got laid off and the job market is still bad in my area. Those people need help from the government because they're lazy and playing the system.
I'm totally behind this theory but what is with that example? When someone runs a red light I'm pretty sure it's statistically supported to assume that they were just not paying enough attention to the road and not that they had a stroke or something.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson and tax credits cuts – Tory MP and Labour [sic] mayor expresses fears that policy will ‘bear down on the working poor’ ahead of Commons vote"

Independent:

Chinese President Xi Jinping arrives in UK

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... The Chinese president's state visit to Britain

:dogbutton:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Nixon was extremely qualified to be president and Hillary makes him look like an amateur. A Cartoon So Good I Don't Understand How You Could Think It Was Bad.

Like, Nixon was bad for many reasons but a lack of qualifications was certainly not one of them

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

loquacius posted:

Nixon was extremely qualified to be president and Hillary makes him look like an amateur. A Cartoon So Good I Don't Understand How You Could Think It Was Bad.

Like, Nixon was bad for many reasons but a lack of qualifications was certainly not one of them

Nixon was a highly skilled politician and statesman with a lot of prejudice and a severe case of paranoia.

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

"Oh God you got the spray gun, DO NOT LOSE IT, you seriously better not screw this up, I'm not kidding"
~~The Battle Hymn of the Contra Tiger Mother~~

"Hahaha look how old and crotchety Bernie is"

- a man who censored the word "drat"

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:

Goddamnit you're British, draw better Corgis. What is the deal with the puddle, did a dog piss on his leg?

"politics should be noble, look at this idiot dumb-butt"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So I guess those are the narratives they're going with?
Hillary is actually a terrorist mastermind, and Bernie is a crazy old man doddering on about how kids music is too loud these days.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Said nobody ever about politics.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:

Gonna play Devil's Advocate here and say: Yes, actually, that is a valid concern. Prince Phillip has a rep for that poo poo.

And of course the homonculi pander to the insane view of homeschooled hillbilly genius'.

• Locked thread