Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Nessus posted:

Well Rubio and Bush COMBINED take Trump...

THOROUGHLY TRUMPED AGAIN :shittydog:

I dunno, Carson's getting up there.

CAN'T ARSON THE CARSON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Nessus posted:

Well Rubio and Bush COMBINED take Trump...

THOROUGHLY TRUMPED AGAIN :shittydog:

To achieve this they must do the fusion dance and become Rubush.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Bar Crow posted:

We all knew Bush did 9/11. Now we know which Bush.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Spacebump posted:

That's just a cheap tactic to make weak candidates stronger.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Spacebump posted:

ugh, that's the worst rupaul impersonator

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Spacebump posted:

They're already rubbish

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I want Trump to do irreparable harm to Jeb! so that even George P. Bush flounders and fizzles out.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Gyges posted:

Not familiar with the reputation of Bush the Younger, are you?

Incurious George

There was a cartoonist (who quit doing political stuff prior to the end of 2007, I believe) that had a running gag based around this, with Dick Cheney as the Man in the Yellow Hat. "Incurious George" was the title of a little book he made out of it, which must not have gotten a very long print run, because I've only ever seen a copy in-person once, and I can't find any references to it online, anymore.

There were also a few unskilled cartoonists who used the same gag at least once apiece, and Local Hero Pat Bagley drew one in 2003 titled "Curious George Goes to War," which his paper reprinted ten years later with a note from the cartoonist mocking all the people who wrote letters arguing W. would be vindicated, and the WMDs would be found any day now, in reaction to the original cartoon.

Nonsense posted:

I want Trump to do irreparable harm to Jeb! so that even George P. Bush flounders and fizzles out.

Trump 2016: Make the Bush Name Toxic Again

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Trump just tweeted this:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/over-a-year-before-911-trump-wrote-of-terror-threat-with-rem#.vbZKXjNY4

Trump just used his twitter to post a Buzzfeed which is the punchline of the entire 9/11 scuffle.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
NBC/WSJ poll (results from 9/15 in parentheses):

Trump 25 (21)
Carson 22 (20)
Rubio 13 (11)
Cruz 9 (8)
Jeb! 8 (7)
Fiorina 7 (11)
Huckabee 3 (2)
Kasich 3 (6)
Rand Paul 2 (3)
Christie 1 (3)

Others 0.

This is probably the second-to-last poll that will count to membership in the 10/28 debate (the expected CNN poll tomorrow will likely be the final one). So far Lindsey Graham still has not met the viability threshold of "hit 1% in any one of the polls we are counting."

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Patter Song posted:

Trump 25 (21)
Carson 22 (20)
Rubio 13 (11)
Cruz 9 (8)
Jeb! 8 (7)
Fiorina 7 (11)
Huckabee 3 (2)
Kasich 3 (6)
Rand Paul 2 (3)
Christie 1 (3)

Others 0.

That Fiorina number... That post debate bump is all but gone.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Patter Song posted:

So far Lindsey Graham still has not met the viability threshold of "hit 1% in any one of the polls we are counting."

Why are Graham, Jindal, Santorum, Pataki, Gilmore, etc still running? What do they possibly get out of this

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Patter Song posted:

Trump 25 (21)
Carson 22 (20)
Rubio 13 (11)
Cruz 9 (8)
Jeb! 8 (7)
Fiorina 7 (11)
Huckabee 3 (2)
Kasich 3 (6)
Rand Paul 2 (3)
Christie 1 (3)

Others 0.

This is probably the second-to-last poll that will count to membership in the 10/28 debate (the expected CNN poll tomorrow will likely be the final one). So far Lindsey Graham still has not met the viability threshold of "hit 1% in any one of the polls we are counting."

I'm glad but also kind of sad to no longer see Scott Walker's name on the list. He's a reprehensible piece of human filth who should suck-start his nearest firearm, sure, but man if watching him flounder on stage and give us gifs of a live-action lobotomy patient weren't great.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Patter Song posted:

So the University of Florida polled the state home to swamp-men like Rubio and Jeb!

Trump 22
Carson 19
Florida Senator Marco Rubio 15
Former Florida Governor Jeb! Bush 9
Cruz and Fiorina 7
Kasich 4
Huckabee and Christie 1
All others under 1.

Rubio even mentioned how he was a Gator fan over the Seminoles. For him to get only 15% in a UF poll is truly pathetic.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Abner Cadaver II posted:

ugh, that's the worst rupaul impersonator
It's that or Bubio, which sounds like either a titty or a plague marking.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Riosan posted:

Why are Graham, Jindal, Santorum, Pataki, Gilmore, etc still running? What do they possibly get out of this

They are all Very Serious Politicians who believe that Trump and/or Carson are an anomaly, and in a few weeks after the first debate once the primaries are close they'll be out of it, either because the RNC locks them out or they flame out.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was upset smoothrich got probated then I read the 65 other posts he made since lunch

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

William Bear posted:

Trump just tweeted about the hijackers with Florida licenses. He's going there!

It would be understandable, but really bad optics if one of the hijackers had some official document with a facsimile of Jeb's signature.
This is loving amazing. I really do have to give Donald Trump props for finally getting the media to talk seriously about 9/11 and the fuckups of the Bushes.

Xenophon posted:

Meanwhile Lindsey is off in his own little world

sounds like a vidya game
Lindsey my friend, let me tell you all about what we've been doing to fight ISIL. You see, it all started about a year ago in a place called Mt. Sinjar, then came a small Syrian town called Kobani...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Trump has gained the endorsement from soon-to-be Black Captain America, Anthony Mackie. Good timing as fox and crew bitch about comics Captain America.

http://www.bet.com/news/celebrities/2015/10/19/anthony-mackie-endorses-donald-trump-he-worked-his-way-up-from-nothing.html

"He worked his way up from nothing."

This has to be a troll. Mackie can't be this stupid, right?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Evil Fluffy posted:

http://www.bet.com/news/celebrities/2015/10/19/anthony-mackie-endorses-donald-trump-he-worked-his-way-up-from-nothing.html

"He worked his way up from nothing."

This has to be a troll. Mackie can't be this stupid, right?
I hope so, because most of the stories I've read make Mackie seem like a cool dude. Look up the story of him deciding to secretly autograph posters of himself as the Falcon at Michael's.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

So Trump used his brain to clearly predict 9/11 while George W ignored evidence it was going to happen, and JEB gave the hijackers pilots' licenses?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So this is technically Dem primary news, but he was Reagan's Navy Secretary, so it can go here.

Webb is considering a third party bid rather than continuing in the Democratic primary. The two dozen or so people who like Jim Webb will probably be very heavily impacted by this.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Patter Song posted:

So this is technically Dem primary news, but he was Reagan's Navy Secretary, so it can go here.

Webb is considering a third party bid rather than continuing in the Democratic primary. The two dozen or so people who like Jim Webb will probably be very heavily impacted by this.

I really hope so. I don't want to see his pumpkin rear end head in another debate.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Riosan posted:

In fairness it's not like Pataki or Gilmore's chances of winning have actually gone down or anything.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
you know thinking about it, a jeb! exit might cripple trump. the ability to chaos dunk three times a week on jeb! really distracts from the other stupid poo poo he says

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Is /pol/ ironically white nationalist or actually white nationalist?

depends, generally when you do something ironically for so long, some people see it as the genuine article and you attract them and troll on~ its a nice catch 22

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you know thinking about it, a jeb! exit might cripple trump. the ability to chaos dunk three times a week on jeb! really distracts from the other stupid poo poo he says

Jeb! let Trump dunk three times in a row and things sort of spiraled out of control after that.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Nobody wears a kick me sign as well as JEB!, but even if he drops out there's still Fiorina, Paul, and Rubio to clown. Of course with JEB! done we may well find that Trump's work here is done, and Trump retires to his reality shows as he has saved the nation from a 3rd Bush.

But worry not, for they say if ever again a Bush should run all the nation shall hear from off in the distance the the clamorous sound Bing bing, bong bong, bing bing bing as the golden savior of this fair land returns.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

FlamingLiberal posted:

I hope so, because most of the stories I've read make Mackie seem like a cool dude. Look up the story of him deciding to secretly autograph posters of himself as the Falcon at Michael's.

Nah he got into a lot of poo poo a while back for being a sexist rear end in a top hat saying poo poo like my wife better have dinner ready and whatnot. And before you say maybe it was a joke, the host laughed it off and basically was no but seriously what do you think? And he goes on about some bs about gender roles.

I've been saying this for years your Raven-Simiones, Anthony Mackie's the GOP could easily pull 30% without changing poo poo from their platform it they were just willing to be less racist.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Jewel Repetition posted:

So Trump used his brain to clearly predict 9/11 while George W ignored evidence it was going to happen, and JEB gave the hijackers pilots' licenses?

Yes

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Barring catastrophe Jeb's not going to rush out of the race, he'll probably bleed money and establishment support to Rubio but I can't imagine he wouldn't at least make it to Iowa and New Hampshire. He might have a real problem then, though, since a strong candidate polling near the top nationally could afford to lose a few early primaries with a good showing and a clear plan to win later primaries, but if Jeb goes into Iowa with the loser stink on him and places 5th nobody'll give him a second look.

The real question is whether Trump can pivot to Rubio once the establishment concentrates themselves behind him, since then he'll actually have to beat the guy head-to-head instead of just making him look foolish enough to get his backers to move around. Rubio's done okay so far avoiding Trump's glare and deflected pretty decently when he's had to (none of Jeb's little tantrums), it could be tough working up a head of steam on the guy and if Rubio manages to take a fair share of Jeb's support he could be at least comfortably third.

The shakeups have been pretty slow in coming this cycle. We've still got four months for the GOP to find some way to turn this polling situation around but if we go into the early primaries with the numbers looking something like this it's going to be fun.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 20, 2015

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Jewel Repetition posted:

This is truly the election that keeps on giving, honestly :allears:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

The real question is whether Trump can pivot to Rubio once the establishment concentrates themselves behind him,

You mean the Rubio who had to tuck tail and run away from his own legislation because Mexican hating Republicans still throw up at the thought of an immigrant not being treated like a slave?

You mean the Donald Trump who jumpstarted his whole campaign by demonizing Mexicans and getting people hyped on at least 2 different impossibly cruel and sweeping programs to round them up and deport them?

You mean the establishment who has known since at least 2012 that they can't win without "softening" their stance on Latinos and stood by helpless and cowed as said mr trump and said republican racists flipped all the tables over and asked why these useless tables arent being used to build a mexican deathwall?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Riosan posted:

If I'm Piyush, I'd have way too much pride to drop out before Gilmore and Pataki.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

FlamingLiberal posted:

He's since said that it was a joke.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

The X-man cometh posted:

If I'm Piyush, I'd have way too much pride to drop out before Gilmore and Pataki.

How long is it going to take to knock off this stupid racist bullshit

Seriously, man, it's Bobby loving Jindal. He's an incompetent, awful, limpdick piece of poo poo. He's less charismatic than a wooden board, he has no apparent morals or convictions, and he literally participated in an exorcism in college. You can't find anything else to criticize the motherfucker for besides his choice of a name?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

So what's all this I'm hearing about Biden entering the race?

I feel like I've heard this so many times but could it be real?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Riosan posted:

Vice President is a pretty sweet gig, honestly.

FIRST TIME posted:

So what's all this I'm hearing about Biden entering the race?

I feel like I've heard this so many times but could it be real?

THE ESTABLISHMENT seems to have been pretty well placated by Hillary in the last debate, and Benghaziemails seems to be dying on the vine. I think Diamond Joe missed his moment. Also, wrong party's thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

TheScott2K posted:

Vice President is a pretty sweet gig, honestly.

THE ESTABLISHMENT seems to have been pretty well placated by Hillary in the last debate, and Benghaziemails seems to be dying on the vine. I think Diamond Joe missed his moment. Also, wrong party's thread.

My bad, I forgot that the threads had to be split by party because of morons not being able to control themselves from arguing about whether or not Bernie is electable.

• Locked thread