Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a way to adjust the max limit of deployment points for both myself and the AI?

I have a few decent ships blueprinted in the Omnifactory, and I'd like to see how the games AI does in a larger slugging match, especially when this new reinforcement update is released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

^ Battle Size in options, can also be set to a higher limit in config files i think

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9278.0 <- new patch notes dropped!

New combat content/rebalancing :awesome:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
But where is the download?????

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Voyager I posted:

But where is the download?????

here it is: s3.amazonaws.com/fractalsoftworks/starsector/starsector_install-0.7a.exe :)

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Reduced heavy mauler damage.

Reduced tachyon lance range to 1000.

Gonna miss beams randomly being shot from across the map. Hell, I miss the even older lance, didn't it have 5000?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At least the damage to the lance is much better now. It made for a really poor support weapon post nerf. I do miss sniping fighters with it though, good times.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

These Wolf changes are pretty :monocle:

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

Kraven Moorhed posted:

I've never seen a Wolf run rings around a Lasher like that.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Kraven Moorhed posted:

I love the new jump point graphics

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

I love the new jump point graphics

Looks like the Paragon's gotten an art update too

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Oh my loving god I hate all of you

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
Why would you release the patch notes with no patch. :(

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Tarezax posted:

Looks like the Paragon's gotten an art update too

All the little greebles really make it stand out more :v:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Minarchist posted:

All the little greebles really make it stand out more :v:

holy poo poo :eyepop:

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Artificer posted:

Oh my loving god I hate all of you

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

AtillatheBum posted:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

AtillatheBum posted:

Curse my damned optimism.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Its a product of the fact that he does so much work and polish between patches that his small incremental steps have more content than some full blown patches for other games.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Nemo isnt the best at the game but sometimes his videos have funny poo poo in them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbaD-a7cDwM

<3~perfect salamander moment~<3

E: enforcer @ 8:53 :black101:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 22, 2015

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
I've been looking for a game where i can pilot big rear end capships with lotsa turrets, now i found both this and Rebel Galaxy.

I believe i'll buy this one real soon, i guess the new patch breaks the mods but i'll probably have enough to learn in the normal game first.

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Reinstalled to see what had changed. Wow, lots of additions. Grabbed a ton of mods and set to it... this game is WAY harder than I remember it being. I can barely pay for my crew, let alone amass any sort of cash. Where are all the pirates to hunt?

Last time I managed to get in with BDY and gradually amass a fantastic, unbeatable BDY fleet. Would that I still had that save lying around...

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Delerion posted:

I've been looking for a game where i can pilot big rear end capships with lotsa turrets, now i found both this and Rebel Galaxy.

I believe i'll buy this one real soon, i guess the new patch breaks the mods but i'll probably have enough to learn in the normal game first.

I tried Rebel Galaxy but it just got me pining for more Starsector.

It's been about a year since I last played I am so ready for this next patch.

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Got this running on my 2010 MBA for trips :toot:

Too bad my MBA only has 2 GBs of RAM. Forget supporting mods... It can just barely run the game.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
So, i found my old starfarer pre-order key and it seems to work fine still!

Starsector+ seems pretty nice, but has an increased difficulty right? Should a first-time player just stick with no mods at all?

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

we get it, you're too busy fellating Gabe to put yourself into someone else's shoes
Yeah. I don't find Starsector+ that difficult, but it's another needless hurdle to jump through. Play vanilla until you have a handle on the ships/weapons/systems. No reason to overcomplicate things on your first (recent) go around.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Did the fact that they released the patch notes actually mean the patch was incoming? Or are we still talking weeks-months wait?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Megasabin posted:

Did the fact that they released the patch notes actually mean the patch was incoming? Or are we still talking weeks-months wait?

He said not soon (not days away) on the forum, probably a week or two still.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
New ship: a civilian cruise liner.
https://mobile.twitter.com/dgbaumgart/status/658438286348697600

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Is that other ship new or from a mod?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I had to check that I wasn't in the Star Citizen thread for a moment.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Bold Robot posted:

Is that other ship new or from a mod?

That's the twitter feed of the Starsector art guy.

Anticheese posted:

We have spaceship pngs, not jpegs. :colbert:

Tanith fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 26, 2015

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anticheese posted:

heyooo lmao

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Anticheese posted:

same lol

so how soon are we to v1.0 being released? 6 months? a year?

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
Probably still a year out at least. Seems like we're lucky if we get a patch once every 6 months and the game is still wholly missing the industry/colonization(?) side of the game, officers are only barely about to be implemented, not to mention whatever he feels like tweaking/redoing in the meantime.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

AtillatheBum posted:

Probably still a year out at least. Seems like we're lucky if we get a patch once every 6 months and the game is still wholly missing the industry/colonization(?) side of the game, officers are only barely about to be implemented, not to mention whatever he feels like tweaking/redoing in the meantime.

Though this is indeed an annoyingly long development time, he insists on doing everything himself according to his plan. So even if it is very time consuming, at least it makes every update pretty polished and bug free.
I honestly think he could have released the game as a version 1.0 spaceshooter one or two patches ago, with every feature expansion from then on being a bonus.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

we get it, you're too busy fellating Gabe to put yourself into someone else's shoes
I feel like this is a very low-visibility development cycle, and when it finally makes it to steam or whatever platform people will flip poo poo at this game and it's already fully fledged modding community.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Urrrrgh I want this update SO BAD.

I've been itching to play this again but I want to wait for the update because it looks awesome and I want to play around with the new features.

I dunno why but there's no other game that quite scratches the itch this one does.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
^ Star Control II was able to do the job nearly a quarter of a century ago, but it doesn't scratch that itch today as well as Starsector for me today.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
How do I get started with this game? The only thing I can do is hunt pirate units with 1-2 ships. Are there any fetch quests or missions I can do for a faction? Every fleet I try talking to doesn't have much to say or offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Avocados posted:

How do I get started with this game? The only thing I can do is hunt pirate units with 1-2 ships. Are there any fetch quests or missions I can do for a faction? Every fleet I try talking to doesn't have much to say or offer.

Thats it at the moment. Toss some mods on, hunt pirates, travel between star systems and trade, build a bigger fleet, hunt more pirates, trade more... There isn't any end game. Or mid game. But what there is, is super polished and plays great.