Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Temmie gettin' rich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFxVmYXr-s0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

HGH posted:

The newest DR episode is actually an episode ahead/out of order, better be careful when uploading that to Youtube.

EDIT: Woah man, Fatal Frame 5 is getting savaged by everyone. Good ol' Nintendo seal of quality.

"Nintendo, WHY DON'T YOU RELEASE THESE GAMES IN THE STATES?!?!?! gently caress YOU! HATE YOU SO MUCH!"

*Nintendo releases game in NA after much protest*

"gently caress YOU, THIS GAME SUCKS! WHY DID YOU BOTHER RELEASING IT!??!"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheRealestMatt posted:

"Nintendo, WHY DON'T YOU RELEASE THESE GAMES IN THE STATES?!?!?! gently caress YOU! HATE YOU SO MUCH!"

Identifying with that damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't feeling, huh?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'm going to be sad when the same thing happens to yakuza 5 /no one buys it since it's coming out right after fallout 4.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

havenwaters posted:

I'm going to be sad when the same thing happens to yakuza 5 /no one buys it since it's coming out right after fallout 4.

I don't think fallout 4 will have anything to do with niche 2012 ps3 game yakuza 5 not selling well

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I own and have finished FF5 and I think it's a fun game that's creepy but not particularly scary (mainly because the new camera makes it piss-easy to fight things) and a game that repeats environments a little too often, and there's some typical survival horror weirdness to the controls that will or won't bother people (as well as skeevy bullshit too tedious to discuss).

I also own Devil's Third and in no way is it comparable to FF.

TheRealestMatt posted:

The Devil's Third thing is especially stupid because, if the rumours are to be believed, Nintendo was letting XSEED publish the game because they didn't want it staining their own metacritic record, but when people started complaining that it wasn't coming they decided to take the game away from XSEED and publish it themselves for no good reason? Like, they've hosed their relationship with XSEED and are taking heat for releasing a shitheap, all for the sake of shutting people up about a game that was coming the entire time? People just hate the idea of being denied games due to region-locking and other bullshit, they don't really care how it gets here.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 20, 2015

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

TheRealestMatt posted:

i mean, presumably, these are different people saying these things.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The Devil's Third thing is especially stupid because, if the rumours are to be believed, Nintendo was letting XSEED publish the game because they didn't want it staining their own metacritic record, but when people started complaining that it wasn't coming they decided to take the game away from XSEED and publish it themselves for no good reason? Like, they've hosed their relationship with XSEED and are taking heat for releasing a shitheap, all for the sake of shutting people up about a game that was coming the entire time? People just hate the idea of being denied games due to region-locking and other bullshit, they don't really care how it gets here.

that's pretty funny actually

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TriffTshngo posted:

i mean, presumably, these are different people saying these things.

You'd like to think so, most of the time you'd be wrong though.

Also I haven't seen the reviews why is it getting stomped?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Commissar Ken posted:

You'd like to think so, most of the time you'd be wrong though.

Also I haven't seen the reviews why is it getting stomped?

camera control either doesn't work or makes the game too easy when it does, lack of memorable enemies or content, story frontloads all of its information letting you easily tell where it's going, super linear compared to past FF games, "wetness" mechanic doesn't actually add anything of value, when playing off-tv the sound just doesn't work because ???

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

lets hang out posted:

I don't think fallout 4 will have anything to do with niche 2012 ps3 game yakuza 5 not selling well

Well yeah but it's not going to help.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd probably be more likely to buy Yakuza 5 instead of Fallout 4. There are just way too many gives this year and I cannot handle it. I have a huge list of games that I am waiting for a sale on. Speaking of niche Japanese games, is Way of the Samurai 4 on Steam any good? I recently watched the Best friends video of it and it looks pretty strange and interesting.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

WotS4 is not as fun to play as it wants you to think

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

wots4 actually owns, if they ever patched all the bugs out of the pc port

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
is fatal frame 4 out yet? i wanted to pick that up when it finally got released, but its hard to track poo poo that has no physical release

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

You can play it fairly easily on the Wii, with an English fan Patch. But it never officially came out here.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey Matt, honest question but do you guys actually put the temmie armor on a trivialize the rest of the game? Being honest would be kinda lame to see it turned into Mario RPG 2 so wanting to brace myself for it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Fatal Frame 2 was also remade for Wii but the English release is PAL-only so you need homebrew to get around the region lock - again, very easy.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hey Matt, honest question but do you guys actually put the temmie armor on a trivialize the rest of the game? Being honest would be kinda lame to see it turned into Mario RPG 2 so wanting to brace myself for it.

We do, but I still suck, and take a lot of damage in upcoming fights, and constantly need to heal regardless!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
whoops, meant fatal frame 5, the new one.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

hubris.height posted:

whoops, meant fatal frame 5, the new one.

Comes out on 10/22 so this thursday.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TheRealestMatt posted:

We do, but I still suck, and take a lot of damage in upcoming fights, and constantly need to heal regardless!

Fair enough, just not up for "baby game baby game baby game baby game" from Liam again.

Thankfully even if you turned into a super pro the script and reactions are still fun to see :v:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Have any of the best friends talked about playing SOMA?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

eh pacifist run is for story anyway, who cares about using overpowered armor

I just wish the videos weren't coming so slowly

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Not much I can do about it, sadly. The schedule was already packed, and I insisted on getting Undertale in there in random "3rd video of the day" slots. Otherwise we wouldn't have been able to start it until December at the earliest.

Ah yeah, you can expect Soma.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TheRealestMatt posted:

Not much I can do about it, sadly. The schedule was already packed, and I insisted on getting Undertale in there in random "3rd video of the day" slots. Otherwise we wouldn't have been able to start it until December at the earliest.

Ah yeah, you can expect Soma.

Soma-ny videos

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
It takes a lot to make a LP Channel.
A pinch of salt and laughter, too
A scoop of friends to add the spice
A dash of love to make it nice, and you’ve got

Too Many Videos

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm catching up on the podcast, can anyone link the speedruns mentioned a couple weeks ago during letter time? At work and I know I'll forget to check when I get home, can't really make out the runners name they mentioned either, it's the cast with the hosed mics.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

I'm really, REALLY bummed the audio got so hosed up in that Podcast. As some of you know, I've already kinda talked about some things I don't like about being on a 3+ hour podcast, and that one with the hosed up audio I was really feeling at the time. We had great topics, we all got some good hits in, and it was generally really pleasant, my favorite podcast in months. Then the audio is all garbage, so a good chunk of people didn't bother listening to it all the way through. :(

Anyway, the runner is Murphagator, here's his youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?MURPHAGATOR

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

It was a good podcast

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah don't be so down on it, it's was almost entirely audible, just low quality. I just couldn't make out the weird name. It was a good cast.

Sometimes poo poo fails, least you didn't lose the whole thing. I'd much rather have a low quality one than you guys needing to rerecord it

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Well a big part of it is no one wants a 20GB only download on a 32GB console. And freeing up/buying storage rubs people the wrong way. By contrast you don't hear complaints about NoE since they at least tried to provide a physical option. Also honestly I wouldn't really trust reviews about niche games. Although the general public probably does.
Honestly it's just NoA that's completely rear end backwards this gen. Their abysmal handling of Platinum games, everything about Amiibos, Yoshi's totally believable "6 month delay", and now this. And honestly I'm a lot less likely to cut them slack after the whole Chris Pranger fiasco basically reveals that Treehouse's MO is "gently caress ALL OF YOU WE'RE ALWAYS RIGHT". They're still pissed over Xenoblade too.
EDIT: Oh yeah and there's also censoring religious terms and M-rated games, that too, cause this is still the late 90s.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

And then there's this poo poo. They couldn't just say "Hey XSEED is releasing this game" or something? I have to wonder if they have vendetta against them from the Last Story days.

HGH fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Oct 20, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Speaking of podcasts, nothing on the docket is really weirdin' me out.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is the rest of the Undertale LP gonna have you guys mimicking Sans' speech sound effect and reading pretty much all the dialogue onscreen in unison?

I'm not trying to call you out, Matt or shame you guys or anything, I just kinda can't deal with that and want to know if I should just stop watching.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I'm seeing a bunch of youtubers push Indivisible but that funding goal seems to be way out of reach.

Outro: archdiggle – temmie get money for colege yoooooooooooooooooo

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Depths posted:

I'm seeing a bunch of youtubers push Indivisible but that funding goal seems to be way out of reach.

Outro: archdiggle – temmie get money for colege yoooooooooooooooooo

Going by prior evidence, any title that needs that much funding is going to crash and burn anyway.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Oxxidation posted:

Going by prior evidence, any title that needs that much funding is going to crash and burn anyway.

Well, it would probably crash and burn, but not because of bad fund management or unfulfilled expectations. That would be because of the Lab Zero cuuuuuurse.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I would like Indivisible to succeed and be good

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I kind of wonder if it would do better if it were on Kickstarter instead of indiegogo. I know it's unfair but I think indiegogo has a worse reputation probably because of the possibly of flexible funding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Hahaha, Pat immediately shutting down Woolie's Platinum Damage Control.