Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

terrorist ambulance posted:

Solo? Is that possible?

Nah, wasn't solo. Nightmare with bots is certainly possible though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Jimbot posted:

Have the devs mentioned adding other customization? Like armor color or different armor itself?

For Bright Wizard players: what's you preferred staff type and why? The fire bolt staff is pretty fun, with the default being rapid fire and the charged bolt seems pretty powerful. I liked the fireball staff too, that fireball cleared out groups like it was going out of style.

I mentioned this before but I'll repeat it. I love the Beam staff, killing large swaths of rats during vermintide and able to take out most if not all specials with the beam that stuns them momentarily. The downside is that you have to manage your heat well, Normal attack, tap reload to vent a bit, Normal attack again, and vent a bit again. So you can use the primary attack as a shotgun in melee range and kill nearly everything in a large cone area. That said, it's not terrible if you go over the safe area to vent.

For smaller groups of skaven I just use my sword to cut them up (REALLY loving wish I would roll onto a flaming sword but NOOOOOOo, the game insists on giving me dwarven stuff that's garbage compared to what my dwarf is already using.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Christ, this game sometimes. Doing a Horn run on normal and it throws a gunner, a hook rat, AND an Ogre at us in the span of 3 seconds. We had just dealt with two rushes and two assassins. We didn't stand a chance.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Robzilla posted:

For smaller groups of skaven I just use my sword to cut them up (REALLY loving wish I would roll onto a flaming sword but NOOOOOOo, the game insists on giving me dwarven stuff that's garbage compared to what my dwarf is already using.
I just did a Hard Horn 1grimoire where someone dropped the grimoire right at the end before the lift like an idiot but I still somehow rolled all successes and got this:

I'm loving stoked, but the fact that everyone keeps talking about a flaming sword that I've never managed to get makes me feeling like its just not good enough, because it could be on fire.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I do wish that the weapon drops were more side grades than straight upgrades. It's a minor thing, and I get why they did it this way, but I liked how with L4D you could theoretically jump right into expert mode and be hampered by nothing more than luck and your own skill. It is a -terrible- idea to do so, but you can

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 20, 2015

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Metos posted:

I just did a Hard Horn 1grimoire where someone dropped the grimoire right at the end before the lift like an idiot but I still somehow rolled all successes and got this:

I'm loving stoked, but the fact that everyone keeps talking about a flaming sword that I've never managed to get makes me feeling like its just not good enough, because it could be on fire.

I feel with this game and the stories about loot drop, posting a screenshot like that will make you many enemies.

Enemy mine.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Level 25. Still not a single orange.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Seems the third tome on supply and demand is now available: http://forums.fatsharkgames.com/discussion/comment/8019/#Comment_8019

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I do wish that the weapon drops were more side grades than straight upgrades. It's a minor thing, and I get why they did it this way, but I liked how with L4D you could theoretically jump right into expert mode and be hampered by nothing more than luck and your own skill. It is a -terrible- idea to do so, but you can

That's still true in this game. A lot of equipment have really nice effects, but none of them are going to make you a good player. Harder difficulties care more about the group than your rare equipment.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Freaking 2 Ogre spawns on Supply :/ Last one was right at the grain loading part.

Can't even be angry.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Picking this up,

I saw footage of a ratling gun and was sold. Please tell me they have warp throwers too.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Al Borland posted:

Picking this up,

I saw footage of a ratling gun and was sold. Please tell me they have warp throwers too.

Not yet, but they've stated that not all of the specials are in beta, so it's possible they're in the main game.

Of course, having played this, I do not look forward to having to deal with rats with flamethrowers. :gonk:

e: or sniper rifles, black hole grenades, cyborg rat ogres, death ray cannons, or any of the other insane poo poo they have

President Ark fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 20, 2015

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Al Borland posted:

Please tell me they have warp throwers too.

Possibly? There's not one in game currently, but there are supposed to be enemies they haven't shown yet.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Im excited for the plague monks :3: I hope they're in it.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Ayn Randi posted:

Seems the third tome on supply and demand is now available: http://forums.fatsharkgames.com/discussion/comment/8019/#Comment_8019

Well that's a bit of a disappointment. Hoped there was some puzzle to do with the statue in Supply & Demand...

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

We know that there are at least Grey Seers. We've seen promotional art and footage of them but no one knows what they do

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Stanley Pain posted:

Freaking 2 Ogre spawns on Supply :/ Last one was right at the grain loading part.

Can't even be angry.

Same, but the rogre got stuck during the grain run. The whole time we were gathering poo poo he was roaring his head off and shaking everything. It was tense and funny as well.

Also the rogre spawned the second I said, "I think there's only one rogre per map."

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 20, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Brainamp posted:

Same, but the rogre got stuck during the grain run. The whole time we were gathering poo poo he was roaring his head off and shaking everything. It was tense and funny as well.

Also the rogre spawned the second I said, "I think there's only one rogre per map."

The game sounds sentient.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
Just had a sewer run where I managed to literally knock the rat ogre through the map geometry with a grenade. He was stuck and screamed at us the entire run.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Skandranon posted:

Just had a sewer run where I managed to literally knock the rat ogre through the map geometry with a grenade. He was stuck and screamed at us the entire run.

Not to mention that it caused all of the random horde spawns in the middle of the level to just not happen. It was good

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I just got a blue bolt staff for the bright wizard. It's rapid fire primary, the bolt thing secondary (which wrecks specials), and bloodlust/knockback on the enchants. Not bad.

I really feel like I like Bright Wizard the best out of all the classes. She feels unique, and she's amazing for killing specials.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Got a legendary Aqshy staff and a blue sword for the bright wizard through fusing, now to go for some good trinkets.

I personally like the bolt staff due to its armor penetration on both primary and secondary fire, the primary is awesome for stormvermin and specials while the secondary makes a nice "gently caress poo poo up" panic button.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I have a beam staff that has -10% heat generation. Doesn't seem like much on paper, but apparently that puts the secondary attack's heat generation to be nearly on par with the cooling rate. I can fire the beam for a solid minute and never hit the safety ticks.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This game is loving awesome. My Warhammer Fantasy RP group all picked it up to play together and I just got done with my first couple rounds; got a blue double-barreled shotgun for the dwarf on our first couple runs after we staggered through the sewers all at grey to escape to the coach at the last second.

I can't wait to try out all the other guys.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
Elfin' ain't e-z, but this makes it easier.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
How are the servers handled for this game, is it P2P or all server side?

I kinda liked Payday but P2P hosting felt shoddy half the time. I've always got an itch for some coop action and KF2 is abit slow on updates.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

What do you do against those armored rats with the polearms? There's always a dumb tooltip when I fight them but I either read it or get swarmed to death by the game. Are they immune to light attacks, melee attacks? What do I do against them?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Jimbot posted:

What do you do against those armored rats with the polearms? There's always a dumb tooltip when I fight them but I either read it or get swarmed to death by the game. Are they immune to light attacks, melee attacks? What do I do against them?

I'd tank them with my shield and push them over while my Soldier buddy hit them in the face with a hammer, that seemed to work well.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006
Armor piercing attacks or headshots.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Jimbot posted:

You want a weapon with armor piercing or to hit them in the head. For the big packs avoid them or use a bomb.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Drakes posted:

How are the servers handled for this game, is it P2P or all server side?

I kinda liked Payday but P2P hosting felt shoddy half the time. I've always got an itch for some coop action and KF2 is abit slow on updates.

It's p2p. Not too big a problem most of the time, but if the host drops, the map resets which is a bitch and a half.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What's the trick to the end bit of Supply and Demand? We got a couple bags back but then the game spawned multiple Gutter Runners, so that didn't go well.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
The trick is to treat it like beloved bag-throwing simulator Payday 2.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Crooked Warden posted:

The trick is to treat it like beloved bag-throwing simulator Payday 2.

So just keep chain-tossing the bag while turning around to fight?

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Night10194 posted:

What's the trick to the end bit of Supply and Demand? We got a couple bags back but then the game spawned multiple Gutter Runners, so that didn't go well.

If you've played Payday 2, it should be fairly obvious. You can pick up the bags and throw them, and the Skaven will never attack or try to take the bags. So you need to stay together as a group, and try to gather the bags together in a central area, like near the statue. Then, while 2-3 people cover, 1-2 can focus on tossing the bags closer and closer while you slowly retreat to the van. Eventually, you'll end up tossing all 5 in almost at once, and you can leave.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Well, that should make things easier. Thanks!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
PIcked up the collector's edition.

I can't find my fancy hats anywhere. Any idea where or how I get them?

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Al Borland posted:

PIcked up the collector's edition.

I can't find my fancy hats anywhere. Any idea where or how I get them?

I suspect they won't be available until the proper release.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

President Ark posted:

Not yet, but they've stated that not all of the specials are in beta, so it's possible they're in the main game.
Could you link this? This is a revelation to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

President Ark posted:

It's faster and has less chances to gently caress up than the other two maps. Sure each completion might give you lower-quality loot, but you might be looking at 2-3x as many completions with a solid group or way more if you factor in wipes and resets.

Doesn't it have a more forgiving loot table too? Like I could swear it got less whites by default...

• Locked thread