Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
Sorry it's none of those batmen movies; it was in the style of movies like The Land That Time Forgot and The People That Time Forgot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

doodlebugs posted:

A movie where half man and half bat creatures are flying around in a cave; I think it came out in the 60s.

Possibly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEMDfCwnRGw

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!

doodlebugs posted:

A movie where half man and half bat creatures are flying around in a cave; I think it came out in the 60s.

Could it be the gargoyle-like creatures from The Beastmaster?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083630/

(All I can remember from the movie is one of them wrapping their wings around some poor schmuck and then all these bones falling to the ground.)

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

Holy poo poo thats it!

CountryFriedSnake
Feb 25, 2006
Good evening. I would appreciate a helping hand.

There was this Japanese movie on BG this spring. It was late at night so I didn't catch the name only that I woke up halfway through it and sleep vision kept away most of the subtitles. Definitely an Asian movie.

It's primarily set in a high school. Some autistic(?) kid of a teacher (I think the kid was related) gets tortured then drowned in a swimming pool. The teacher freaks out all her students by telling them she put AIDS blood in their milk. Kids turn on one another. Some kid builds a bomb to blow up himself and the kids at an assembly but the teacher moved the bomb to the student's house.

It's definitely not Beautiful Teacher in Torture Hell, which is the best I could come up with on Google.

Thank you.

cookiefulloarsenic
Oct 30, 2011

CountryFriedSnake posted:

Good evening. I would appreciate a helping hand.

There was this Japanese movie on BG this spring. It was late at night so I didn't catch the name only that I woke up halfway through it and sleep vision kept away most of the subtitles. Definitely an Asian movie.

It's primarily set in a high school. Some autistic(?) kid of a teacher (I think the kid was related) gets tortured then drowned in a swimming pool. The teacher freaks out all her students by telling them she put AIDS blood in their milk. Kids turn on one another. Some kid builds a bomb to blow up himself and the kids at an assembly but the teacher moved the bomb to the student's house.

It's definitely not Beautiful Teacher in Torture Hell, which is the best I could come up with on Google.

Thank you.

Confessions (Kokuhaku)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confessions_%282010_film%29

CountryFriedSnake
Feb 25, 2006

Thanks, cookie!

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Jesus (I think?) is in a room, all of a sudden a dude at the table stands up and shrieks "You. GET OOOOOUUUUTTTTTT" at the top of his lungs for awhile. There's a beat in the background which makes me think it's a musical. It's not Jesus Christ Superstar though, it may not even have jesus in it.

Basically someone screams get out at someone else and its not Jesus Christ Superstar are all I have. Hell it may not even be a movie

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Are you 100% sure it's not JCS, because that totally happens

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Almost 100%, I mean I could be wrong but I searched JCS up and down and didn't find it. I found Jesus himself yelling get out at Judas, which was not it; that was in a field and serious, the one I remember was indoors and probably for laughs because the dude screaming get out sort of chokes on the 'T' part of it and almost spits

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

RentACop posted:

Jesus (I think?) is in a room, all of a sudden a dude at the table stands up and shrieks "You. GET OOOOOUUUUTTTTTT" at the top of his lungs for awhile. There's a beat in the background which makes me think it's a musical. It's not Jesus Christ Superstar though, it may not even have jesus in it.

Basically someone screams get out at someone else and its not Jesus Christ Superstar are all I have. Hell it may not even be a movie

There's a church scene like that in Bad Lieutenant (1992).

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

RentACop posted:

Almost 100%, I mean I could be wrong but I searched JCS up and down and didn't find it. I found Jesus himself yelling get out at Judas, which was not it; that was in a field and serious, the one I remember was indoors and probably for laughs because the dude screaming get out sort of chokes on the 'T' part of it and almost spits

Could it be The Rulling Class?

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down
I remember coming across a review in 2002-03 of a Hong Kong movie about a guy living his last days with HIV and it's heavily implied that on the third act he decides to fill a syringe with his blood and inject people with it. I forgot the name of the film. Please help!

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

I'm looking for a movie made around 2000 with either Josh Hartnett (or lookalike) as some kind of Wall Street ambitious businessman type. I only saw the last scene where David Bowie fires him and then he goes to a local strip club to get drunk and play pinball.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Disharmony posted:

I remember coming across a review in 2002-03 of a Hong Kong movie about a guy living his last days with HIV and it's heavily implied that on the third act he decides to fill a syringe with his blood and inject people with it. I forgot the name of the film. Please help!

I'm gonna guess this is a movie by Jing Wong because he's the kind of guy who made a movie called "Raped by an Angel" where the climax of the movie involves the rapist pretending to be a clown statue to get into a woman's apartment, and him raping someone there...who turns out to be the woman's friend with AIDS that they intentionally baited the rapist with and this was considered a radical victory in the protagonist's favor.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Bro Dad posted:

I'm looking for a movie made around 2000 with either Josh Hartnett (or lookalike) as some kind of Wall Street ambitious businessman type. I only saw the last scene where David Bowie fires him and then he goes to a local strip club to get drunk and play pinball.

Looking up the actors shows it's August. It came out in 2008 but takes place in 2001.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I came in the middle of this one. A guy was trying to return a gun to a pawn shop. It doesn't work out, he meets a girlfriend at dinner, the gun falls out of his pants. He goes into his car and a runaway is in his car, and the runaway is trying to get the dude to give her a ride to Colorado Springs. The guy gets involved in a robbery with the pawn shop guy and then things happen from there.

E: Liars, Fires and Bears

Rick fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Oct 23, 2015

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax
This movie was a ripoff of The Matrix, came out about the same time, and seems to have gone straight to VHS. In it, future prisoners are put into a VR system like the Matrix, which is called Ex-Isle-- a 'prison island' in 'virtual reality'. A guy has to go into it to do ... something, and gets the poo poo beaten out of him the whole movie by some angry woman and her two thugs. He also meets his now-dead wife and has sex with her, and then the angry woman comes in and says "I love the smell of a woman who's just been hosed"-- then he yells NO! and his wife teleports away? ...

Then they beat him up again. It wasn't very good.
In fact, they hosed up once or twice and called Ex-Isle "The Matrix". Oops.

Thanks for any ideas.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

General Tofu posted:

This movie was a ripoff of The Matrix, came out about the same time, and seems to have gone straight to VHS. In it, future prisoners are put into a VR system like the Matrix, which is called Ex-Isle-- a 'prison island' in 'virtual reality'.

Rough googlage guess: Darkdrive

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
It was like an anime movie and I remember most of it being like a kid on a train that's sort of going wherever or something? And he goes by the Titanic at some point?

E: nvm found it it was Night on the Galactic Railroad...i guess they were cats?

Hat Thoughts fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Oct 23, 2015

Disharmony
Dec 29, 2000

Like a hundred crippled horses lying crumpled on the ground

Begging for a rifle to come and put them down

Light Gun Man posted:

I'm gonna guess this is a movie by Jing Wong because he's the kind of guy who made a movie called "Raped by an Angel" where the climax of the movie involves the rapist pretending to be a clown statue to get into a woman's apartment, and him raping someone there...who turns out to be the woman's friend with AIDS that they intentionally baited the rapist with and this was considered a radical victory in the protagonist's favor.

Nope, it's not that outlandish. Just a regular guy with an ironic ending.

edit - I Shoot Myself is the title
http://letterboxd.com/film/i-shoot-myself/

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax

1 800 J JAMES posted:

Rough googlage guess: Darkdrive

Oh god you nailed it. :D
I love you.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I'm blanking on a movie my wife and I watched recently. I'm sure it was horror, I think it was horror/comedy, and it may or may not have sci-fi elements.

What my wife and I can remember is that people vomited blood into other people's mouths to infect them. I'm reasonably sure that the blood was kind of orange colored.

I'm also pretty sure that it is a relatively recent movie but those are the only details that I can recall and it's driving me loving nuts.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Stunt Rock posted:

I'm blanking on a movie my wife and I watched recently. I'm sure it was horror, I think it was horror/comedy, and it may or may not have sci-fi elements.

What my wife and I can remember is that people vomited blood into other people's mouths to infect them. I'm reasonably sure that the blood was kind of orange colored.

I'm also pretty sure that it is a relatively recent movie but those are the only details that I can recall and it's driving me loving nuts.

Infect them with what? where there any other symptoms to the disease apart from trying to pass it on?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Stunt Rock posted:

This really doesn't sound like something you'd forget having watched recently.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Stunt Rock posted:

The Evil Dead remake?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Ape Agitator posted:

The Evil Dead remake?

Possibly Prince of Darkness? It's green Antichrist-goo, not orange blood, but it's definitely a horror movie with some sci-fi elements and a bit of humor.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe Shivers (assuming they were both high and got everything mixed up).

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Ape Agitator posted:

The Evil Dead remake?

I'm almost certain that's what it was but my wife insists that this happened more than once in the movie. I'm know it wasn't Shivers.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Stunt Rock posted:

I'm almost certain that's what it was but my wife insists that this happened more than once in the movie. I'm know it wasn't Shivers.

That happens a few times in 28 Days/Weeks Later, and it's not orange but the color grading in those films does make things look rather different.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm feeling dumb for not being able to place it, what's the film where two heroes get attacked by the contents of a Chinese restaurant's walk-in freezer, like suddenly animate roast duck? 80s or 90s creepy looking stop-motion.

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm feeling dumb for not being able to place it, what's the film where two heroes get attacked by the contents of a Chinese restaurant's walk-in freezer, like suddenly animate roast duck? 80s or 90s creepy looking stop-motion.

Dead Heat with Treat Williams and Joe Piscopo.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That's the ticket. Googling "Chinese zombie film" gets you a lot of irrelevant junk, like zombie films from China.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

It's a movie from the late 80s or early 90s. I think two couples are taking a vacation on some island or beach and at one point they're playing high stakes monopoly with real $$$. One guy loses and gets upset.

I'm pretty confident it had well-known actors like Robin Williams or Kurt Russell or Jeff Bridges.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Zogo posted:

It's a movie from the late 80s or early 90s. I think two couples are taking a vacation on some island or beach and at one point they're playing high stakes monopoly with real $$$. One guy loses and gets upset.

I'm pretty confident it had well-known actors like Robin Williams or Kurt Russell or Jeff Bridges.

I think that's Captain Ron

Kurt Russell and Martin Short.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Ron

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Yea, it could be that. I'll have to watch and see. Thanks.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Stunt Rock posted:

I think this happened in Drag Me to Hell a few times but none of the other details match up so I'm probably way off.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

deleted

Shy fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 31, 2015

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Stunt Rock posted:

Sounds like TV show The Strain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Google isn't doing me any favors.

An older live action Asian film with a scene where there's two dueling sorcerers/wizards using really loving weird magic against one another. Horror-esque. I think one was a monk or a priest (surrounded by candles?) and it involved decapitation or bodily harm for their incantations?

It's been ages since I seen it and I keep forgetting this thread is a thing.