Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Gyges posted:

Regardless the price is still bouncing around from today's announcement, so if you want just put in a buy order in the 20s.

I thought about doing this, but there's always a risk Biden goes "Lol I'm in" when I'm not at a computer to cancel those orders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Biden's not announcing at 5 O'clock on a Monday. They most we'll get before tomorrow is more speculation/anonymous sources.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

nachos posted:

This looks like the last chance to get some cheap sub-40 cent NOs

:cawg:

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Biden is expected to announce his entrance over the course of the next Friedman Unit.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Mental-Rectangle posted:

Biden is expected to announce his entrance over the course of the next Friedman Unit.

I MEANT TO MAKE THIS JOKE OVER THE WEEKEND BUT FORGOT, YOU JERK :mad:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Interesting what just happened to the Jim Webb Drops Out First market.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Fuschia tude posted:

He just announced he wants to run as an independent, apparently.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
gently caress. How did I not know there was a Democratic drop out market?

Webb is considering going independent if you didn't hear yet. Because the debate was rigged against him, you see.

Edit: Why are O'Malley and Biden going up too while Chafee falls like a rock?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

BIDEN NO dropping again. who knows why now.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Abel Wingnut posted:

BIDEN NO dropping again. who knows why now.

Probably people getting home from work and hearing the new news of Biden.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
According to PredictIt, Justin Trudeau will be the next Prime Minister of Canada!

Congratulations Canucks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fay63NZBb8M

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
And the Washington Post just published and then quickly retracted their prewritten article about Biden officially running.

Never address the question of will you or won't you run in any way, Joe. Everyone tripping all over themselves to scoop your announcement is too beautiful to stop.

Edit:
Biden getting the Democratic nomination

Now down in the 60s. Run or not, there's no way in hell that's not jumping back up to the 90s within a week.

Gyges has issued a correction as of 01:55 on Oct 20, 2015

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Is there a cached version of that Wapo article? Just want to see how much they have made up ready to go.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

EngineerSean posted:

Is there a cached version of that Wapo article? Just want to see how much they have made up ready to go.

All I've seen are screen shost from phones because they took it down real quick.

This tweet has the best copy of it I've seen Complete with "according to XXX sources" and "began telling associates on XX of his intention".

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Gyges posted:

All I've seen are screen shost from phones because they took it down real quick.

This tweet has the best copy of it I've seen Complete with "according to XXX sources" and "began telling associates on XX of his intention".

haha yeah that's pretty good

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
That writer also admitted he has a pre written Biden doesn't run article as well

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

nachos posted:

That writer also admitted he has a pre written Biden doesn't run article as well

Yeah, there's no way every news outlet doesn't have an article ready to go the second Biden declares either way. Washington Post however are the only ones to prematurely publish it. So far anyway.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I've thrown about $110 into No at this point and I think I'd be okay with losing it just for the entertainment alone

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Fuschia tude posted:

Combed Thunderclap posted:

PredictIt Rules posted:

The first official Democratic presidential candidate to publicly announce the suspension or termination of his or her candidacy or of his or her active campaigning for President or the Democratic nomination for President in the 2016 election shall be the individual identified in the question. Qualifying announcements may be made verbally or in writing by the candidate, the candidate’s campaign committee, or an authorized representative of such committee. Such announcement need not be accompanied by filing of a termination report or any other documents with the Federal Election Commission (FEC).

My reading of the rules is that if Webb drops out as a Democrat but launches an independent campaign then this doesn't count as a drop out. Does anyone else have a different reading?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zeta Taskforce posted:

My reading of the rules is that if Webb drops out as a Democrat but launches an independent campaign then this doesn't count as a drop out. Does anyone else have a different reading?

That's not an exclusive or, once any of those conditions are satisfied the contract will pay out.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Zeta Taskforce posted:

My interpretation of the rules is that anyone who ends their candidacy for the Presidency or the Democratic nomination (which seems to be Webb's current idea) would be considered a drop out by the standards of the market.

EDIT: Beaten.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

You just saved me some money

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was doing good on Biden No and Bush No, but Shutdown Yes wiped me out when Boehner announced. I'm building back on LA Dem Yes, but we'll see...

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Yeah webb dropping out tomorrow means that market resolves, at least it better. I bought 100 shares as soon as I got the email from the campaign about the presser

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Combed Thunderclap posted:

He hasn't, though. "Considering". I guess it would be kind of dumb to have a press conference tomorrow to announce nothing, though.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I sold my Bernie.LoseDebate NO shares for 20, locking in a total profit of 200 assuming that Hillary isn't actually the biggest loser. Now I just have to worry about this one

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

EngineerSean posted:

I sold my Bernie.LoseDebate NO shares for 20, locking in a total profit of 200 assuming that Hillary isn't actually the biggest loser. Now I just have to worry about this one

:buddy:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Really wish I didn't have a bunch of shares over 50 that I didn't get sold off yet. That's way more sub 30 shares I could have bought. Hoping the market bounces up high enough after Biden doesn't announce in the next day or so to get rid of them and buy up on the next low.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Gyges posted:

Really wish I didn't have a bunch of shares over 50 that I didn't get sold off yet. That's way more sub 30 shares I could have bought. Hoping the market bounces up high enough after Biden doesn't announce in the next day or so to get rid of them and buy up on the next low.

If you have the money available I'd buy now and wait for the cashout from all of them. It's pretty iffy whether the market will deflate AND reinflate again after this. I think it's the last hurrah.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Fuuuuuuck

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Jewel Repetition posted:

If you have the money available I'd buy now and wait for the cashout from all of them. It's pretty iffy whether the market will deflate AND reinflate again after this. I think it's the last hurrah.

I can't buy anything more than like a 16 share until the other shares sell.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Gyges posted:

Okay, well, I still wouldn't sell until it's at 97.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nice cost basis.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
At least if I go down, some of you are going down way harder. Biden no all the way!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Vox Nihili posted:

Nice cost basis.

That's pretty much all from the swing this morning, two days ago I had some 800 shares for a 43 cent average.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

You guys are a lot more hard core. I have 97 shares now, so no matter what happens I'm not wiped out.

I hope he never announces. It's fun playing the swings. My cost basis has been coming down all day. It's now 25.

I'm going to buy more on the next dip and sell some on the next spike.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Over 15% of the total trades on Biden RUN were made today.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

To be clear: my insistence that Biden won't run isn't wishful thinking, because I actually want him to.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I don't want Biden to run, I want NK to detonate a nuclear device, I want trump to be president.

This betting is making me have some weird opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Stereotype posted:

I don't want Biden to run, I want NK to detonate a nuclear device, I want trump to be president.

This betting is making me have some weird opinions.

There's your problem. I only bet on things that I know won't (or will) happen, but that I want to come true. That way, either the universe bends itself to my will or I make some beer money.

• Locked thread